L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 8/17/2004 2:34:00 PM

I was looking for a new foundation to use for the summer and I decided to try this based on the extensive range of colors. I tried the W6 and while it made my face match the rest of tan body, it turned a little orangey after a few hours. I liked the coverage, but found it to be a little too heavy unless I moisturized well. I've recently started mixing it equal parts with Clinique Total Turnaround Cream and applying it with my fingers. It mixes beautifully and gives me color and the coverage of a lighter foundation/tinted moisturizer. My skin looks dewy and healthy and I haven't had any breakouts. Plus, it makes my skin look so poreless and smooth! I love this stuff!!! UPDATE: This stuff makes me breakout! The color match is great and gives a great finish....but unfortunately, I just can't use this anymore :(

on 8/15/2004 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It is one of the only drugstore foundations with a shade that is light enough for my skin. The drugstore display said I was a 1N, but after buying both the 1N and the 1C, I think the 1C is a much better match for me. It pretty much just disappears into my skin, which makes it easier to blend only where I need it. I have problems with acne, but this foundation does not break me out, and it provides some coverage and SPF. True Match also didn't emphasize my flakes like powder finishes do, and it seems to help keep my forhead from getting too shiny.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Crap! Crap crap crap crap...did I mention this foundation is crap? I'm looking for a new foundation, I buy a couple of these little sample packs to try. How is it possible that out of all of these shades, all of them turn a freakish orange shade on me? ALL OF THEM! Even the Nude Beige shade I used when I used Translucide...ORANGE. And the finish is rather gross as well...cakey and mask like. Glad I didn't buy a full sized first, but still what a waste of a few bucks.

on 8/14/2004 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have two requirements for foundation: 1)it actually matches my skin tone, and 2)it doesn't turn me into a zitty mess the next day. This foundation meets both requirements, is easy to find at the drugstore, and is reasonably priced. I don't use foundation every day, just when I feel the need to cover up my acne scars >_<. That might be why the bottle design doesn't bug me so much...although I did like what they did with the sample bottles...the cap had a spatula attached that went into the bottle, sort of like a nail polish brush. I like that I can buy two shades (W6 and W7) and be able to mix to match my skin tone year round. My skin type: very oily, sensitive, acne prone.
UPDATE (01/22/05): Still loving this. Since it's winter and I've been good about wearing sunscreen every day my complexion has lightened up a bit, but still found a perfect match in N5 (true beige). It can be tricky to find the right shade, even if you are golden complexioned a Warm may be too yellow and look flat - this is what I found. Another small con is that any dryness or flakiness is highlighted by the foundation, so make sure to moisturize and exfoliate well before using! Otherwise, great for covering up flaws on those days I don't feel like using concealer on every...single...blemish.

on 8/13/2004 1:42:00 AM

I recently bought these in the trail package ( 3 different shades and a 2 dollar off coupon for future use). For $1.99 I was please, not sure how much I would really love this when I pay 13 dollars. I really liked porceline ( sp?) it matched my skin tone almost seamlessly, didn't oxidize into any halloween like colors the day wore on. I found the coverage to not be as much as I would like, it seems watery but it is buildable. It didn't clog my pores or cause any breakouts and I don;t need to powder alot when i use it, so that is a plus. I will edit later on after using for awhile.

on 8/10/2004 11:33:00 AM

I bought this based on a review by Paula Begoin (cosmeticscop.com). I had to return two bottles, and mix two other shades together, before I hit upon my "match." There seems to be a huge difference between the level 2 and 3 shades, at least in the Warm and Neutral categories. After all that trouble I decided I didn't even like the product anyway. It "pills up" too easily, especially over moisturizer (and I've tried using a different moisturizer) and is too greasy and heavy. Had to put powder on several times throughout the day to cut down on the shine. Very disappointing!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely loved this foundation when I first tried it. I was N3, it matched beautifuly. The coverage was perfect for me also. However, when I would wash it off at night I would have little bumps on my face. The same thing happenend to my sister.

on 8/7/2004 3:18:00 PM

I really like this product and find the "plain jane" packaging attractive in a chic-pared down way.

My local Rite Aid and Walgreen's have a tester set for $1.99 which includes a $2 coupon for the full size. I hit my shade right off, W2, but think I could wear the N2 as well. It is very light coverage but buildable. I am very pleased. I haven't tried it in the heat yet, but I think it would hold up. I wonder how this compares to Lancome's version?

Because the display "builds" the color levels as the numbers rise they had very few samples of the "lower" number fairer colors. So if you need kit one or kit 2 of the sample levels, I suggest you don't wait around.

I think I'll get the full size & keep the little vial for travel.

on 8/7/2004 11:16:00 AM

I used the testers to find my perfect colour. I am a C4 and the colour is excellent. The coverage is light and even, I don't feel like i'm wearing a mask of makeup. I will update later if I break out or how coverage wears.

This is the best colour match I've had in a long time, funny enough it was an old L'oreal formula that was discontinued years ago I loved.

Edit: wore well for a wedding in the hot sun 2 pm till midnight. I'm somewhat sensitive to acne and no breakouts after 3 days of wear (I don't believe for the most part acne is caused by makeup, it's improper cleansing, picking and touching your face with your hands)

I haven't turned into a big grease pit, and the colour wears well with only one workday powder touch up.

Better than lancome, estee lauder, LM etc IMO. Esp. for the $

I chose C1 in alabaster and the color is too yellow on me. I do not like this formula either, it feels sticky like glue. I think they had a good idea here but they need to work on the formula and perhaps add more colors - especially for those with super pale skin and pink undertones. A few of my friends tried this too and it didn't match their color.

Video Reviews & Tutorials