Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion

2.7

Ingredients *purified water *mineral oil *sesame oil *propylene glycol *tea-stearate *glyceryl stearate *lanolin alcohol *petrolatum *methylparaben *propylparaben *FD&C yellow no. 5 *FD&C yellow no. 6 *FD&C red no. 33
This product has been reformulated as Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ Please find reviews for this product here:

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

this really made a dramatic difference... my once clean face became a suffocated landscape. this is overwhelming and overrated. the smell is a cross between cocoa butter and stagnent water.

This is a really good moisturizer,it sinks into skin immediatly and isn't greasy!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The only good thing that I came across while using Clinique's 3 step system. It definitely took my skin a long time to get used to it though & I haven't used many other moisturisers to compare it with.

on 1/24/2003 11:05:00 PM

UPDATE: I've left up my original review, but totally changed my mind about this product. Worked well for about three or four months, and then I started getting terrible breakouts due to the amount of oil in this when the warmer weather came. I would never buy a bottle of this again and would only use it now VERY sparingly if I needed a very rich moisturizer in areas that aren't prone to breakouts.

I started using this product off and on about a year ago, as I noticed my skin had become extremely dry and flaky. The formula is mild and soaks in well, and generally leaves my skin feeling well-moisturized, though perhaps a touch greasy if I use too much. When I first started using this, I noticed a significant change in my complexion - my skin was much more healthy and glowing. I've found it's a little heavy for summer, especially when it's humid. I can't say 100%, but I've been breaking out a bit lately, and I think the oils in this moisturizer is what is doing it. Stick to something water-based during the warmer months and save this for drier winter skin. I'm not crazy about the scent, but other than that, I give this one a generally good review.

on 1/24/2003 9:45:00 PM

My main moisturizer will probably always be Oil of Olay Total Effects, but this is a pretty good one. I find it works best on a dry (as opposed to wet) face. I don't think I will ever buy the full-sized size, but I love to keep the GWP sizes in my desk at work (I am on the phone a lot and my chin gets irritated - this is gentle enough to soothe my skin).

on 1/23/2003 6:47:00 PM

This is so old school. There are so many better products out there. This is way too oily and slippery. Spend your money on something more up to date that works.

on 1/22/2003 4:32:00 PM

Ho hum. Doesn't do a thing for me in the least. I gave it a 2 instead of a 1 because at least it didn't break me out.

on 1/21/2003 4:16:00 PM

this is not for me. too oily. my mother uses it all the time though. she buys the men's version though, because it comes in the tube (exact same product).

Looked too greasy on me.

on 1/20/2003 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

After sticking to oil free products for all of my life, I'm so glad I took the advice of my mom, of all people, and tried this. My skin was developing dry patches b/c of my harsh skin cleaning regimen. This Clinique worked wonders for my dryness and didn't break me out at all! I was surprised using something with oil, it's great!