April 17, 2014 | 1486 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Discontinued and Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by BeyondObsession

I have Broken Capillaries in my cheeks, so have really red cheeks, and I have always struggled to find a foundation to cover these without 4 or 5 layers of cake (Concealer doesn't work). Also adding to the redness is that fact that my cheeks run rather hot in temperature, meaning foundations dont last ... at all.

Revlon Colourstay is now my set standard foundation. Like all other foundations 1 layer just wont cover me, however I slightly dab a little more foundation over the top of my cheeks and it covers them completely. This is heaven compared to the tone of layers I normally use to have to wear. And the product stays on all day for me! It doesn't feel too heavy on, and defiantly doesn't feel like a mask.

My only complain is that it does rub off onto my collar on my work shirts.

The price here in New Zealand seems to be creeping up every 6 months or so, so its not overly cheap anymore at $45 NZD a bottle, lasting me about a month.

A large range of shades, that are easy to match to your skin tone.
    Love it, and you all will too.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by kcramone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this foundation. normal/dry for ages.Obviously I like it a lot. It stays on forever, the colour is a perfect match for me (sand beige.) But, I don't like the new formula (soft flex added.) Am I the only one who finds this way greasier than the original? I find it works like the old formula if I don't wear moisturizer which is kind of weird feeling on my skin. I'm going to try it for oily skin. Anybody have any suggestions on how to make it seem like the old formula or where to find the old formula.? thanks kc

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Chefjr97

This is THE best foundation I have ever used. I got the normal in ivory and I love it. It stayed on for 14 hours and looked flawless till the end. I didn't have to reapply it at all. Which is great for a highschooler. If you want a great foundation for under 11 dollars, this is the stuff for you!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by 101909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

i lost hope with finding a foundation that wouldn't make me a greaseball or turn mu pores into craters
    but then revlon .....
    I LOVE THIS !
    it's a liquid so I was skeptic about it with my oily skin but it was perfect and great coverage !
    no breakouts
    best of all it lasted all day and didn't have to blot alllll day
    im in love with this product !

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by lisztomania

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference, I am NC30 with combination skin. I use "Medium Beige" which is the exact shade.

Pros:
    - Medium coverage
    - Lasts all day
    - Value for money
    - Didn't break me out
    - Packaging pretty sturdy - I dropped it on tile floor and it didn't even crack

Cons:
    - Hard to find exact shade - it wasn't yellow-based enough for me
    - Photographs wierd - white cast sometimes, looks patchy or powdery other times
    - Can look really "made-up" and cakey if not extra careful
    - Because it is heavy, I avoid wearing it during the day
    - No pump sucks
    Overall - it is a decent drugstore foundation, but because it lacks in versatility, I wouldn't purchase again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in Active Light, SPF 15, SPF 6, and I have tried the Mousse.

I really like AL. It has great SPF of 25. It wears forever and ever. It is very, very sheer, so I also use the other CS foundations for more coverage. This is a great summer foundation. Great stuff. I have Buff.

I also have the SPF 15 for normal/dry. I have very oily skin, but use this foundation. It works great for me and I prefer it to the oily/combo version. Great SPF, medium coverage. It finishes better and the look is more natural as the day goes on. I bought it in Buff.

I sometimes use my SPF 6 for combo/oily. It is good, too, but I find it gets blotchier after a few hours of wear. I like the SPF 15 better, but they are very, very similar products. I have it in, you guessed it, Buff.

Finally, I tried the Mineral Mousse at least twice. I bought the Fair and the Fair Light. The color was off and the product seemed cakier than the regular or AL versions. I returned it both time to the DS.

Oily-skinned people: You need to try these foundations! They work great and I am very happy with them. I have tried tons of products that claim to be for oily skin, but these products are my favorite.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by sss215

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the coverage was great and it was long wearing, but I could not get passed the smell since its on my face and near my nose, I had to return it.

I can't even remember the color I purchased. I wish I did cause if you are NW45 or darker in MAC that some of the darker colors in Revlon color stay can run a little red.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by thalsen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

hey there :)
    i just decided that i'm going to write a review on this gorgeous foundation, because it is really worth it!
    let me explain about my skin; my skin is...hard to describe. i hardly ever break out on my t-zone, more likely on my cheeks, especially during the time i'm on my period (sry if that's too much info). but most of the time my skin looks good. my main problem are not pimples, but rather, that in summer (don't have that problem in winter, in winter my skin is normal to dry) i tend to get oily around my nose and on my cheeks (right under the eyearea). i just hate that oily shine that causes my make-up to slip of. so i needed something to matt me down.
    what i look for in a foundation is: a mattening effect, to control oil and shine, for it to stay on veeery long, buildable coverage and waterproof would be nice too :P yeah right, what i needed was a miracle xD
    i told the lady at the store all these things and she gave me the clinique superfit make-up, which i love too, will repurchase it, but use it in winter only, when i don't have the oily-skin-problem, because it doesn't help with that (but it's still a very great foundation and definetely worth to try out!). My Kett powder doesn't help to control the shine either, and primers do nothing for me (no pore shrinking, no lasting longer, just a waste of money :P only exception are eyeshadow primers).
    so i heard about the revlon foundation for combo/oily skin on youtube. it's not available in austria, so i had to order it from germany, and since i couldn't check out the colors and colormatch (pictures of swatches didn't help a lot), i ordered the foundation in natural tan (my skin is taned, but i just thought it would still be too dark for me and it was) and a lighter color - sand beige. when i mix those two together i get my perfect skin color :)
    when i used this foundation for the first time, i thought it was a mistake to buy it. it felt sticky and smelled weird, i also thought it was too heavy. but now...i just love it.
    i do not think it is hard too blend, as many people described it to be, works perfectly when you apply with (clean) fingers and blend. it dries in faster than any other foundation i ever used (mac's face and body foundation, ketts hydro foundation blabla the list goes on and on), so i apply a bit of it too my cheeks, forehead and chin and blend it all over my face. you don't have to hurry, just apply evenly without falling asleep and it'll blend well :P i tried applying it with my artdeco foundation brush and with my Mac 188, it looked streaky with both.
    it feels sticky first, but give it 2 minutes and it'll dry in and stay there the whooole day long. i applied it in the morning, came home in the evening, i swear it still looked super good. and the best thing about it: no shine, no oil, i didn't have to redo it or add more powder (after applying i waited 2mins so it would really set and then added powder very lightly, stippling it on with my mac 182 -, stippling, not rubbing because i think that gives a very cakey and a "see-i'm-wearing-make-up" like effect and you just wanna look like a natural beauty right :D).
    i read complains about how it does not come off when you try to wash it off. isn't that great? meaning its waterproof wooohoo. i have to wash my face twice (i'm using gatineau moderactive gel make-up remover which is the beeest), to get all of it off. and i like the fact that the foundation does not come off easily!
    the packaging annoys me. it needs a pump. and i'm hopefully going to find one that'll fit -_-
    revlons colorstay foundation has a beautiful finish, doesn't look as if you're wearing a lot of make-up but covers blemishes and discoloration super.
    i used it for 2 weeks now, on a nearly daily basis, it does not break me out or cause irritation to my skin.
    i got compliments on how "flawless" my skin looks from strangers when really it isn't, but revlon makes your complexion look great.
    what else is there to say? go give it a try. the price is fair, i'm just a bit upset that i have to order it from germany.
    sry for spelling mistakes or bad english, greets from austria :D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by ruwet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry skin an i struggled to find a review of this foundation the dry/combination so i thought i would give my review. I absoultey love this foundation, after watching millions of youtubers raving about it i had to give it ago. First off the coverage is amazing, one thin layer is quite full coverage, but you can do it again for maxium coverage. I didn't even need consealer with it.!
    As for my dry skin, i didn't notice it cakeing or drying out my problem dry areas.
    It literally lasted all day an night.
    This is the ONLY foundation where i haven't needed to apply powder over the top to 'set' it.
    It really is amazing.
    The only downside is you have to work really fast when appling it, but once you've master the application you'll be sweet.
    I recommend using your fingers to apply as it warm the foundation mking it easier to spend more evenly.
    Oh it's also non-transferable (:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by beautyinsider88

Def HG material for me!!! Idk why I keep going out and trying other foundations when the colorstay is everthing I need!! It's the BEST foundation at keeping my oillies at bay, soft flawless finish and awesome coverage as I have some red areas on my face. I own Mac studio fluid as well and it doesn't even compare, sitting out a 100+ degree softball games mac melts real quick while good ole CS stays in place and no shinyness!!!! LOVE IT