Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 7/27/2008 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

very good mascara! ugly smell but who cares? i doubt anybody will sniff my lashes.....it volumizes separates curls and adds looooots of length i dont even use a curler how ever there is 1 bad thing about this mascara when you wear it people will ask you if you have falsies on! thats how good this mascara is comaparable 2 dior..... but cheaper!!!
<3 you can see how it looks on me on picture # 4 and that was just 2 coats no curler...
by the way i dont know how the hell or with what did picture number 3 apply hers with??
but its soo clumpy spider eyes..... warning do not let dry during coats =-]

on 7/26/2008 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm not a big mascara user for for nights out, this is the bottom of the barrel for me. It's *obvious* mascara, doesn't look natural at all on me. The old-style brush allows clumps of mascara to collect by the core of the brush, and as such, it goes on clumpy. While it *does* add length to the ends of the lashes, it does so in a very visually obvious way - you know it's mascara and not lash. The Lash Blast brush is far superior, but even DiorShow Blackout with it's old-school brush outdoes this product.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was prepared to be wowed by this mascara. It was not so. While it is an okay mascara, it just didn't live up to how wonderful I thought it was going to be. Pros: cheap, decent, easy to find. Cons: just decent, packaging is a little too much. Would I repurchase? Maybe, but I still like the fullness that Voluminous imparts. Colossal made my lashes kind of "twiggy" looking - and I don't mean like Twiggy the model's lashes (I wish!), I actually mean that they kind of looked like little sticks!

on 7/26/2008 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like this mascara a lot. And the good thing is, I was able to compare it with a higher end brand because I have a little sample of their mascara.

When I first bought this, I opened it and stuck the wand under my nose. Yep, the rose smell was there. But it didn't smell like dead roses as others have stated. That was a stupid move though, 'cause the smell stayed in my nose the whole day. The next time I didn't do it & I smelled the rosiness when applying, but when I was finished it went away.

Anyway, so I applied it. I dunno about 9x the volume in one stroke, but my eyelashes did look nice & clump free. I love the brush; its like the Full 'n Soft brush, but bigger & more separated. I was able to get my practically-not-there (I'm not kidding) bottom lashes easily also. Whoever said this is like FnS with more oomph, I agree.

This doesn't leave my eyelashes crispy like the department store mascara, and it doesn't flake or smear, like the department store mascara. It gives the same results (well, I think better), and is much more cheaper.

[edit 08/17] Yeah, so about a week ago, the little stopper thing that keeps the mascara from coming out in a glob broke or something so half my mascara came out when I opened it. I now would not repurchase & back to FnS for me!

on 7/26/2008 1:59:00 AM

love this! the first drugstore mascara that I can see myself re-buying and not longing for a better, more expensive mascara. It does compare to Diorshow as others have said, although it does take more coats to get to the same place, however, for the price, that's not bad at all. Plus, i love the rose water smell (also a diorshow copy - only a little stronger in this mascara). I think it has fast become my HG drugstore mascara!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Fantastic! I usually use DiorShow or Definicils, but had recently watched so many reviews of this on You Tube that I decided to try it for myself. To the people that complain about the smell lasting all day and making them nauseous - uhhhh, so yeahhh, okay. Yes, there is a slight scent, but it barely lasts 5 seconds, screw all day! This does not clump, and I use 3 coats WITHOUT wiping the brush between coats. The only, ONLY thing I can fault is that I do have to use Clarins Fix Mascara over it so it doesn't smudge on my upper lids. Other than that, this is totally fab and the price is soooo right!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought this last night as I wanted to try something from the DS that might work. The color was good, got the glam black. I noticed the scent, but really-how long does it last, and, how many of the department store brands have a fragrance of some sort? I applied according to the directions, not allowing to dry between coats. I did not have a lot of gunky build up in my lashes, and they did not look spidery. There were no flakes at the end of the day, and it was easily removed. I like a lot and may repurchase!

on 7/25/2008 5:18:00 PM

UGHH I hate this mascara, I wanted something with volume!! It clumps you have to wipe you eyelashes a few times so it looks naturall, and it smears really really easy, not the normal smear for non waterproof mascara way worse! And it has such a horrible smeel to it ughh DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!

on 7/23/2008 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've worn this for about a week straight since purchasing, with and without curling my lashes first, and either way it's not that great of a mascara for me. It's not bad, but I like other drugstore brands like Lash Expansion or LashBlast much better. First, there is that noticeable propylene glycol / fake rose smell that stays with me literally all day. The first time I wore it I couldn't figure out what I was smelling that smelled so weird all day, and I knew it wasn't my perfume. I sniffed the tube the 2nd time I wore it and I knew that it was this mascara. I have fairly longish lashes and I prefer a less clumpier, less stiff, more lengthening and volumizing formula, that does not turn my lashes into spidery spikes. Unfortunately, this has a tendency to turn them into those such spikes. It's supposed to be a one-coat mascara, but that did not turn out to be enough. It also dries more quickly than I prefer (even faster than the Volum ExpressTurbo 7x, which is a superior product) and makes the second coat hard to pull through your lashes without clumps. I find that it doesn't lengthen as much as I would like and the volumizing/fattening effect doesn't really work because it gets clumpy and makes spikes way to fast. I like this less than I do the Great Lash in the telltale pink/green packaging. I have to use a lash comb with it (something I hardly ever have to do) to make it look right. Curling my lashes beforehand really makes very little difference. It does look ok once I get my lash comb through it, after the 2nd coat, but it's just too much work and I have many other mascaras that I like more (Lash Queen, BE Mascaras, Lash Expansion, Clinique High Impact, Volum Express Turbo 7x, Lash Blast, Diorshow Unlimited). I find that the stiffening effect and maybe something in the formula makes me want to rub my eyes at the end of the day and just get this stuff of my eyelashes. Not good. Won't repurchase but I may try to use it up. However, it won't be a go-to mascara and I won't use it when I don't have the time to fool with it or an inperfect look. This really rates about a 2.5. The color I have is Glam Black and it doesn't seem any better than any other regular black. Blackest Black in Lash Blast is a better color.

on 7/23/2008 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I saw it and after reading the reviews I decided to purchase it. I think this mascara is great. I wanted to find an alternative to Full and Soft (just because I saw it on clearance at Target and feared they'd discontinue it). It thickens, it lasts all day, and I the outside makes it quite easy to find in a make up bag. It does however have an odd smell, like old school cosmetics, but who is sniffing at eye lashes???