Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 7/21/2008 7:39:00 PM

I hate this mascara and don't see what all the hype is about. It's messy, clumpy, smears on my eyelids, and has an intense fake rose scent. I won't buy this again.

on 7/20/2008 1:51:00 AM

I was at my local Target (AGAIN) and this little gem caught my eye. It was ticketed for $5.99, but it rang up as $5 (SALE) when I got to the register. I almost wanted to go back to the display and grab the Glam Black. My 6 year old impatient daughter was with me so I could not drag her through the crowded store again.
Today, I picked up the Classic Black. When I got to my car, I immediately took it out of the packaging and swiped some on my limp/ thin lashes. It promised to boost the volume 9x. I don't know if it did that, but my lashes looked very nice. The volume was natural and there were no clumps. It went on very smooth and even. It feels weightless.
Sniff, Sniff...the, infamous 'rose' fragrance hit me! The scent hung around for probably 5 minutes. I'm pretty surprised on how long it lingered. For the price and the results I got, I'll ignore this minor annoyance.
It lasted all day without flaking or smudging. I do wish it was 'blacker'. The Classic Black is soft and natural looking, but I usually like my mascaras to be really deep black. Maybe, I'll go back & get the Glam Black! I don't think this is a HG product, but it's ok for $5...
****UPDATE*** Yes, I did get the Glam black. You know, the more I use it, the more I like it... I think I'll give it one more lippie! I originally gave it 3 lippies.

on 7/19/2008 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I used to be a fan of volume boost mascara and turbo boost.. so I just had to try this one. I hate fat tubes (hated lash blast as well), they're ugly and take up more room in makeup bags. But anyhoo, love the product. My lashes are nice and dark, not stiff (soft), holds a curl, no clumps on lashes or brush. But we'll see how it removes later tonight (I loose lashes very easily). Two thumps up so far .

on 7/18/2008 12:16:00 PM

This mascara is everything Lash Blast should have been! I absolutely love it. Soft, feathery lashes... this mascara lengthens, separates AND thickens. Not clumpy at all... totally my new HG. Only downside was it was $12.. lame.. but worth it.

on 7/18/2008 10:50:00 AM

I'll admit it... I'm guilty of buying this mascara because of the bright and catchy packaging. haha. It's an OK mascara... it didn't really blow me away, or anything. I bought it in "glam black." I found that it took a couple of coats to get the look I really wanted. However, it didn't clump or look nasty like some of the other mascaras I tried, which is definetly a plus!

on 7/18/2008 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

OK, so being the MU addict that I am I HAD to try this. I really didn't think this could beat my beloved Lash Blast,,,,,,,,but I think it may have. It does come out of the tube a little "wet", but if you wipe it off on a paper towel, it takes care of it. This is one of those "do it all" mascaras, lengthens, thickens, just makes your eyes overall "pop". You get lovely, flirty lashes that open up your eyes. I admire Maybelline for not copying the Lash Blast wand/brush (but maybe there is a patent I don't know about) and just super sizing the regular brush. You can't miss the tube in your MU case either, because it is a bright, screaming yellow with purple lettering. I got the Glam Black, which like another reviewer said, is a basic deep black. Will probably re-purchase........until the next big loudly colored mascara comes along.
EDIT: I *was* loving this UNTIL the scraper thing (don't know official name) popped out twice and left me with a really gunky wand. The second time this happened this hit the trash can. I don't know if I want to give it a 2nd change. Lash Blast NEVER did this. I am going back to my big orange friend!!!

on 7/17/2008 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Holy cow this is an amazing mascara, I waited for
weeks for this to come to canada and I'm so glad I bought it!
When you first see it the packaging is eyecatching and very cute.
You won't see any other mascara as bright as this! haha.
When you first open it you get a strong scent of roses, almost
like a strong floral perfume in a way. It bothers alot of people but
I don't mind it, the brush is huge. You don't have to wipe off the
acess with this mascara like you do with others, because the perfect
amount is already on the brush! All you need is three coats and you
eyelashes that look like false eyelashes! I always get asked if their
fake or not with this mascara on. I'm the type of person who needs
to curl their eyelashes religiously. and this mascara, holds it well, i just
need to use the old hairdryer trick. but overall, my new HG for now. :)

on 7/17/2008 6:52:00 PM

I'm writing this review on behalf of my 15 year old daughter.....cuz she fell in love with it as soon as she saw the funky colored tube!!!

She has long lashes naturally, puts a coat of Colossal on and she is good to go!!! The Glam Black shade really makes her lashes and hazel eyes POP!!!! It lasts long and doesn't flake!!!

So...what was supposed to be MY mascara and review ended up to be hers!!!

Totally worth the 4.99 I paid for at Walgreens! She loves it best out of all the Maybelline mascaras...she was using Full 'n Soft!!

The rose smell isn't all that bad...it faded quickly for her...she WOULD have complained if it smelt really terrible!!

Give this stuff a try!!

on 7/17/2008 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

ok, I wish this smelled as good as fake roses! but, it does make a pretty much perfect lash in two swipes. It can be ultra-naturale, or vampy, if you want to work it. By the end of the day, my long, naturally up-curved lashes sag slightly under the weight of this. However, I simply can not be bothered to comb mascara, or kink my lashes- mascara must do it all and snappy!. The color 'Glam-Black'? its black. They haven't re-invented black, or anything. Cheap and lovable, the exact opposite of my lash-blast experience..

on 7/17/2008 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I know, yet another great review for the product. I realize that peoples' biggest problem so far with this product is the smell, which I also smelled the first time I took the brush out of the tube. Yeah, it smells like fake roses. I typically don't apply my mascara under my nose to draw on a fake moustache, though, so it's not a big deal (well... maybe once or twice, but just to make my roommate laugh). If anything, the smell only worries me marginally because I know it's either added fragrance or a reaction of chemicals. This stuff does what it says it's going to do, and I love it for that. I also don't care for big brushes on mascara, but this one I can get nice and clean and doesn't get any product on my eyelid. It passes through my greasy-faced twelve hour days like a champ- no flaking at all! I also find that I don't have as difficult a time removing this mascara before bed as I've had with others. Ten outta ten.