August 20, 2014 | 2044 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Risa01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow. That is all I can say. Yes, this mascara can be clumpy if you are not careful, but the final effect is incredible. It is like Diorshow for results but holds a curl and is only $6!! I absolutely love it. I don't think I will need to wear fakes for evening anymore. The packaging is quite hideous, but I will surely be able to find it quickly in my stash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by rock_chica81

This was just okay for me. I have this in glam black and I love its darkness and glossiness. I also like the big brush. It holds a curl pretty well too. No smudging or flaking all day either. However, on it's own, it didn't do much for my lashes but make them really dark and just a bit thicker. But when I layer this over a base or over another mascara like Lash Exact, it looks really good. The smell is a bit strong and I swear I could still smell it throughout the day on my lashes. But I'm not repulsed by the smell so it didn't bother me too much. Not sure if I'll repurchase. **EDIT** I think mine might be drying out just a bit but it seems to work alot better. Amazing volume without using a base. On the downside, it flakes towards the end of the day. I end up with flakes under my eyes and on my cheeks. Not cool.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by tigerfan728

On my 2nd tube! Love the stuff and the issues with the smell...they must be listening b/c I am not smelling anything with tube #2!
hoping for a waterproof version soon!

Bought it after seeing the display...dang endcaps @ WalMart!

I love this stuff! My lashes are long, full and lush. The formula is great, and I love a good "wet" mascara!! Build-up is easy and my lashes looked false and great! No smudging or flaking all day long!

I do notice the smell but only as I put it on then its gone; kinda a flowery smell, but nothing to make me not use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 1:35:00 AM More reviews by meme222122

LOVE IT!!!!!! i usually use loreal voluminous but i decided to try something new and i think i like this better because of the brush. it is like one of those huge teddybear brushes, nice and fat but the bristles are nice and hard to keep your lashes separate but coated. It does a great job at giving volume and lift, much better than the regular volume express. I also do not get any clumps like i occassinally get with voluminous, i have been using this for about a week now and love it. if you need volume like I do, i have thin but long lashes, then you will love this product. the price alone is worth trying b/c if you do not like it its not like you have spent over $20.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by gagirl08

This is actually a pretty good mascara, but I wish it were a little wetter if you know what I mean. It is a bit dry to put on but makes your lashes long and volumized! I would even compare it to Diorshow. I have been using Diorshow blackout mascara (which I adore) and this is like it but it isn't quite as black. It is only like 6 dollars which is great and I would buy again but it probably won't last long.
UPDATE: I adore this mascara! It only gets better with time and I have never seen my lashes so black, long and thick. It really is the best drugstore mascara I have EVER tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by karaer

i have long, dark lashes despite having blonde hair so i never really worried about mascara too much- although i wear it every day, i just used whatever was on hand. after trying lash blast (which i found sucked and hurt my eyes) i decided to look for my HG drugstore mascara. i eventually found maybelline full n soft and i loved the full and soft (haha) look it gave my lashes! i bought this because of the packaging and collagen and although I thought full n soft was my HG, i think I will buy this again instead. Glam black doesnt look gray (a problem for me because my lashes are already so dark) and the formula/brush are awesome! it makes my lashes look the same way full n soft makes them look except a bit more dramatic and a bit better in general. the smell is a little gross but i find that i dont notice it too much nor does it stay on my lashes. easy to remove, doesnt smudge or clump (even after 4 coats!), and MOST IMPORTANTLY doesnt irritate my eyes the way lash blast did (i wear contact lenses) give it a try! my only complaint is it doesnt leave my lashes as "soft" as full n soft BUT it isnt bad enough to be a big deal. its pretty inexpensive, too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by katy24

I have to say I was convinced that I wouldn't like this because most Maybelline mascaras disappoint in a big way(Great Lash worst mascara ever).I got this at Rite Aid on sale bogo 50% off.The Glam Black was reviewed as being a glossy,vinyl ,deep black and it is!I swept it on from roots to tip a few times before it dried as per instructions and much to my surprise my lashes looked false!Length,decent volume,glossy black color,great price and no clumping or smudging-is someone in the R&D department of Maybelline actually paying attention to our mascara needs?I'm still in shock over this,I keep expecting it to crash and burn .I can't believe I don't even have to use a primer.LOVE...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 10:59:00 AM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been looking for a false lash effect mascara and this gives it to me. The Glam Black is a very very dark black. It lengthens, volumizes like crazy, and holds a curl. No clumping/smudging. I am not a fan of the other Volum' Express mascaras, really. I usually use L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black. This is MORE dramatic.

After reading all the other reviews and posts on this mascara complaining about the scent, I'm a bit surprised. I am the person in the store sniffing EVERYTHING and although the mascara does have a funny scent, I don't notice it after it's applied. Don't let that keep you from getting this GREAT mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by absofruitly

THE SMELL. The horrible, rank smell of this product. I would've given it 1 lippie but the actual performance of the mascara saved it from that. It lengthened, gave just enough volume for my taste, and held a curl(!!) which is mind-boggling for a non-wp mascara. It also did not smudge or flake, and I had like one clump that was quickly fixed with an eyelash comb. But honestly, I am not exaggerating about the smell. Another reviewer hit it spot on when she described it as "rotting roses and playdoh". It DOES NOT go away when it dries. The day I was wearing it, I gave my boyfriend a kiss and he reeled back and said "Whoa, do you smell that?!". I went to give my sister a hug, and she said "Ugh, um, are you wearing perfume? Because if you are it's NASTY." Fun times. Unfortunately, I can't say this mascara's worth buying, unless you are never within 5 feet of another person with a functioning nose.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by dots1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this product because it gave me what I was looking for in a drugstore brand mascara. It kinda remeinds me of the two faced lash injection as some others have also said about this product. I love the brush although it is hard to get to the inner lashes. It made my lashes look full and shiny and I personally loved it. Also the packing is fun so thats great...