April 23, 2014 | 2109 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Discontinued and Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by mkparking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this, because i'm still looking for my HG foundation.

The reviews were great, but i'm sad to say i have not found it to be HG level for me.
    It does give great coverage, but at a price.
    It looks like a mask.
    I bought the one for oily/combination skin, as i am oily in my t-zone.
    I found it didn't control shine.
    Its also a thick, quickly drying formula so it is hard to work with and blend after a certain amount of time.

I tried applying it with a wet & dry sponge, my fingers, a foundation brush, and a stippling brush.
    It obviously works well for others, but for me, i found it just made all my pores and imperfections stand out more, it was streaky and splotchy when applied to my nose, it clogged my pores, and it was very thick and mask like.
    I also would prefer if the packaging had a pump.

On the upside there is an amazing selection of colors, and i found my perfect match easily.
    I've discovered that i cannot find a HG foundation in the drugstore, and i have been looking since i was 13.
    I'm using this up, then purchasing MUFE matte velvet foundation next.
    Wish my luck on my search.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 5:55:00 AM More reviews by KaylaaChristine

If you're anything like me, you're probably sitting online reading reviews about this foundation, on the fence for whether you should try it or not.
    TRUST ME, save yourself the time and go buy it. This is my new HG foundation, I absolutely LOVE IT! I've used a ton of foundations, both MAC and drugstore and this works better for me than anything else ever has. Honestly, it's perfect. I finally found a foundation light enough for my skin tone that doesn't have that gross orange undertone, and it stays on literally all day! It doesn't transfer or cake or anything, it's perfect.
    I apply one coat and let it dry, then another. I don't even have to use concealer anymore, and I love how natural it looks. I just set it with powder and it honestly doesn't budge all day!
    It's essentially waterproof, too, and I really can't get over how much I love this stuff. I'm never buying a different foundation again! If you have oily skin, this stuff is definitely for you, my face doesn't even get shiny now. Go buy it! :) <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by NotReallyAWaitress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite foundation. After seeing a few muaers wearing this I had to try it. The scent goes away after applied and it didn't really bother me anyways. The coverage of this foundation is great! I wouldn't apply this with your fingers tho, you'll need a brush or sponge. It lasted throughout the day without turning oily on me, I do use a powder to set this foundation. I didn't find it mask like or "unrealistic" looking at all. This is more of a medium to full coverage foundation so if your not looking for that then this isn't for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by emk

This product was surprisingly impressive for me the first time I bought it. I have horrible skin and foundation usually highlights my flaws instead of concealing them, but this foundation made my skin look flawless! my skin looked good in photos for once and the colour was just right for me - no orange tones!

However, soon my skin broke out in tiny spots around my cheeks. This foundation is a bit too thick which masks my skin and refrains my skin from breathing and clogs pores. Another flaw is that it can make the skin oily during the day and melt off. Also, the packaging is too troublesome! The lid instead of a pump makes it easier to spill, easier to waste, and takes significantly longer to apply.

Overall, this product impressed me for a high street brand foundation and even though there is a balanced number of pros and cons, I still think it is well worth the money and a good bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by BrunetteBombshellxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Great ds foundation! When I first tried it out I went for the Combo/Oily formula becuase that was my skin type then. After starting a new skincare routine my skin is back to normal now. The Combo/Oily CS used to be sooo smooth and looked flawless on me. Now it looks cakey whenever I wear it(because I'm a lil dry around my nose now). I need to switch to the Normal/Dry formula. I would very highly reccomend it, it never broke me out and it looked like real skin on me. I wore the shade Natural Tan and I'm an NC40. It matched me perfectly and has golden undertones, it looks more neutral in the bottle for some reason, but trust me it's not. Just make sure you pick the correct formula for ur skintype!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by purecircuitx

I'm sort of torn with this foundation. It has amazing coverage, lasts all day, and doesn't transfer to your clothing (remember... anything you put OVER the foundation will NOT be transfer resistant!). But, the packaging stinks, and it has broken me out along my jaw line. I have really clear skin and only get one or two pimples every now and then. But ever since I have started using this foundation I have been breaking out like crazy along my jawline with huge, painful pimples. And, all over my face I've been getting micro acne. I've never really broken out because of a foundation before because I cleanse my face really well every night. However, this foundations staying power is incredible! And that makes it near impossible to get off! I put the foundation on the back of my hand and then use a brush to apply it to my face and I'm left with a huge mark on my hand for the day unless I literally scrub my hand! If there were only a few improvements this foundation would be perfect. But sadly... I think I'll be buying a new foundation to replace this one.

FYI: The smell isn't all that bad BUT it does have a pretty strong smell, if that bothers you. I think it smells like coffee ice cream. But that's just me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by LaineLaVain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This has become my HG foundation base. It really does do its job. I have such oily acne prone skin. I buy this in the combination oily version. It makes my skin mostly matte all day long with a loose powder over the top and it doesn't appear to give me acne. The coverage is simply exquisite, it helps me achieve my matte, plastic face that I want so badly. If you want something sheer this isn't for you. You also need to scrub to get it off, but hey, that just means it works right? It really does last all day. If I ever have a sleepover I just leave it on my face and when i wake up in the morning it looks the same as it did when i put it on the day before. really impressive, especially considering its from a drugstore! I even prefer it over Estee Lauder maximum coverage foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Holamandy

I really wanted this product to work for me. Saw many reviews online about how good it was for oily combination acne prone skin. The price was reasonable and the coverage was nice and very natural. (I got it in sand beige)

After using this product for a month or so the oil control wasn't as good, my face became more oily and i started getting clogged pores. It was alright in the beginning but i guess it causes problems after a while...

Maybe it wasn't suitable for me in the beginning and my skin started worsening bit by bit till i got clogged pores and acne.

It's a good foundation if you intend to use it for just a day, i don't recommend that you use it every single day. It contains way to many chemicals and smells like paint...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 7:13:00 AM More reviews by beautylovexo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everything makes me breakout. I can't use expensive stuff on my face either. It seemed nothing worked. But this stuff, inexpensive worked like a CHARM. I have not broken out with it and it covers up all my blemishes! I love this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by BeyondObsession

I have Broken Capillaries in my cheeks, so have really red cheeks, and I have always struggled to find a foundation to cover these without 4 or 5 layers of cake (Concealer doesn't work). Also adding to the redness is that fact that my cheeks run rather hot in temperature, meaning foundations dont last ... at all.

Revlon Colourstay is now my set standard foundation. Like all other foundations 1 layer just wont cover me, however I slightly dab a little more foundation over the top of my cheeks and it covers them completely. This is heaven compared to the tone of layers I normally use to have to wear. And the product stays on all day for me! It doesn't feel too heavy on, and defiantly doesn't feel like a mask.

My only complain is that it does rub off onto my collar on my work shirts.

The price here in New Zealand seems to be creeping up every 6 months or so, so its not overly cheap anymore at $45 NZD a bottle, lasting me about a month.

A large range of shades, that are easy to match to your skin tone.
    Love it, and you all will too.