L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

I love this product and have been using it for about 2 weeks (as well as the concealer and powder.) When I first started using it, I was a little disappointed because the color looked fake and a little cakey. I decided to change colors and went from N5 to W3. I really thought it was going to be to light, but knew I could take it back if it didn't work. Getting the right color made all the difference. It is a great match and the product blends well, but it doesn't provide as my coverage as I'd like. Also, I don't like the little glass bottle it comes in. If they'd put it in a cute little plastic pump bottle, it would be easier to use and probably cheaper.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I reaaaaaaaally wanted to love this foundation. it seemed so cool. so promising.

well, it wasn't a complete let down, and at first I really did love it.

until I realised it did a peculiar thing after it set.

first off: the good points.

the color selection is REALLY good especially for pale, light and medium skintones. probably not for darker skin, which is sad. most I've noticed don't have much in that range. (actually most seem to only have a good range for medium skin)

there are enough shades to choose from so that if one is too light or too dark, the next up or down is only slightly different. that is a major plus because I've always had a major problem of finding one shade somewhat close, but then having the next shade up/down to be completely wrong.

so, the color was perfect.

it felt a bit too.....light/sheer when applying.

I don't remember really how well it did concealing blemishes but I think it did alright.

I say that because I only had one complaint with the foundation, and that was this: when it set, it dried to a weird powdery finish. but not the good kind. I think this is partly/mainly due to my skin. but the foundation SAT on my skin so that when it dried, it looked very powdery. you could actually see the little particles if you looked hard enough.

it looked very fake and weird so I ended up taking the foundation back :-(

also, it didn't last that great. it sorta slipped off in places (mainly my nose)

I think someone with smoother skin to begin with would benefit most from this product

I'm glad that there are so many colors to choose from, but this feels so greasy on my skin. I apply it sparingly, but it never seems to set. Even under powder, the oiliness doesn't seem to dissipate. I won't buy this again.

I didnt like this at all. It looked horrible on me. I dont know what else to say.

Finally, a foundation that I love! I'm surprised that everyone doesn't love it! The color matches my skin, blends well and lasts all day. I wear Clinique primer under it and it looks very natural, yet still covers up the spots that need it. I just switched from Lancome Teint Idole and can't believe this is so cheap too! Like many others, most foundations were too peachy for me, but this matches my skin tone and doesn't change color. I wear neutral # 5 and just bought #6 for the summer to wear w/self tanner (and it still matches)!! Just bought the True Match powder in Same color and it matches perfectly!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have found my HG of foundation. I wear N1 and it has been a long, hard and expensive road finding this product. Many moon ago, I wore Borghese's Alabaster foudation in the old glass pump-pots, and was heartbroken that it was discontinued. That was $35 a bottle over 10 years ago and I thought that was fair considering it matched so well and didn't darken during the day. I always figure foundation is one of the skin products you should really spend on. My problem is, is most makeup counters would send me away with no new foundation as I am a true neutral and even most "neutral" shades tend to be more pink or yellow, or I'd end up buying something that looked ridiculous. Not this. This is a perfect true neutral. It stays put all day (I tend to get a bit oily at the end of the day, but that's not TM's fault), it covers blemishes beautifully, it doesn't make me break out, and it stays the same color all day. Huzzah! I got this at Ulta on a buy 1 get 1 free deal so it cost about $4.50 a bottle.
EDIT: Have now jumped onto the mineral makeup bandwagon and am wearing/loving Everyday minerals. Less chemicals. Would go back to this though, if I need a change.

Horrible! I thought there was no possibility of me getting the colour wrong but the texture and unnaturalness of the finish means it really doesn't matter whether the colour's right or not, I'll never wear it.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

So-so. It accentuates dry patches like crazy, and I applied a lot of moisturizer underneath first. This would probably look really bad on someone with dry skin (mine is combo). It's also rather sheer - maybe only one step up from a tinted moisturizer, so why not use that instead? I did not experience a breakout after using it or anything like that. P.S. Would it kill these makeup companies to use hygienic packaging for their easily-contaminated liquid foundations? How about a pump or a squeeze tube? No, the unsanitary glass bottle is their favorite packaging.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really really really hate this foundation. It is very difficult to wash off. It is making my skin break out. It is just plain cheap. I wasn't happy with the way it looks on my skin. I called the company and am getting my money back.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I did not like this one at all. I tried the powder, and I loved it, so I figured I would try out the foundation to see if it would work well together. Alas, another foundation just sitting here cluttering my makeup box. First, I couldnt find a color that suited me. The warm foundation tones were still too peachy for me. I didnt like the coverage. It didnt cover that much, but I felt like I was wearing a lot of foundation. It was a little too oily for me too. I have normal/combo skin now, maybe leaning towards oily, but this made me a grease ball. No thanks.