L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 2/2/2005 5:48:00 PM

Good foundation for its price. Blends pretty easily and does not feel too heavy. Personally, I like it for evening use because its gives medium coverage that shows a little too much during the day.

on 2/2/2005 4:11:00 PM

I found a GREAT color match (N3) -- it blends right in! It goes on really easily and dries to a somewhat powdery finish. I really love the apothecary-ish bottle, too. :)

HOWEVER. This made me greasy like no other (even with loose powder) like an hour after application. I'm talking grease that even Dawn dishwashing soap would have trouble getting out. Plus, I suspect it *might* be breaking me out, but I'm not sure. :(

Too bad, cuz the color match was REALLY good for me.

I soooooo wanted to love this foundation. I think it would have worked beautifully, but it's NOT oil-free and I have normal to oily skin, so it broke me out *cries*.

Will try again if they come out with an oil-free version.

I did like the feeling on the skin, but I didn't like the range of the colors: vanilla (or something)- the lightest color in yellow was FAR TO YELLOW to wear for me. Even though I have really yellow skin, it did't suit me. I gave it to my friend

on 1/29/2005 8:09:00 PM

Color matched my NC-15 skintone well. Consistency is ok with medium coverage. I bought the neutral tone in the lightest shade. The warm and cool seemed too yellow and pink for me. I do seem to have a little of both undertones in my skin though. Would buy again, but I don't use it all that often, I think because of the consistency. It just doesn't make my skin feel like it is "finished" like some other foundations do.

on 1/26/2005 3:43:00 PM

Who exactly is this meant to match? I dig the concept: L'Oreal is trying to jump on the Prescriptives bandwagon by recognizing that undertone is at least as important as "light or dark." The difference is that Prescriptives is a department store brand, so it's feasible to have lots and lots of options in stock. L'Oreal clearly had to cut corners, the result being that the "Warm" range jumps from W1 (Jaundiced Vampire) to W3 (Orange Julius). The consistency is runny, and True Match goes on like tempera paint.

I'd also point out that "exact match" makeup lines work because of the trained rep behind the counter. I know I have yellow undertones from being Color Matched and Color Me Beautifuled, but truly most girls I know would have no clue. And wearing "browns, oranges, and dark greens" (as suggested on the display) is not an exclusive or reliable indicator that you're a Warm. Fair-skinned Warms are sometimes washed out by colors that dark and have an entirely different palette.

on 1/25/2005 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is really great. At first it may not seem that good but thats probably because your not puting it on right. Also it has a very wide selection of coulors and if you cant find a match( which would be vary rare) either get a light coulor and add blush, bronzer or loose powder or you can mix 2 of the bottles together. I have just tried it and the staying power is more and it stays matte for 9 hours on my oily skin.I really like this stuff.

I have combo pale skin and usually have a problem with foundations slipping off after a few hours. I quite like this foundation though. The pros are:
>gives decent coverage yet still looks natural(I would say it gives medium coverage, not full).
>It lasts well and doesnt slide off my face.
>Its reasonably priced at just under 12 euro in Ireland.
>The bottle has a really nice pump design which is hygenic and useful as you can control the amount it gives out.
The Cons are:
>It could give a bit more coverage
>It doesnt stay absolutely perfect all day
>Even though its a colour match product I dont think it performs effectively at this as Im usually easy enough to match but this didnt fully match my skin colour.

All-in-all a good product. Not totally perfect but almost.Some people found it broke them out. Im not prone to products breaking me out & havent noticed any more spots than normal!

on 1/22/2005 10:15:00 PM

Well, this isn't the worst foundation I've tried and while it didn't break me out, it did clog my pores. The only good thing I can say about it is that the shades are good and I was able to find a good match for my skin tone. I thought I could find a decent cheap foundation. I guess you do get what you pay for. I won't buy this again. FWIW, I usually use Stila foundation and MAC tinted moisturizer.

on 1/18/2005 7:17:00 PM

I really like this...goes on smooth and doesnt look fake at all. Very blendable and looks the most natural than any other foundation has looked on me. I wish it weren't as expensive since I am a college student on a budget but I would love to buy again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials