L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 12/13/2004 10:02:00 PM

i don't wear liquid makeup b/c i have a delicate treaty with my skin, which has all my life tended to be greasy and acneic. if i can feel something on my skin, it's a bad sign and i spend all day thinking about getting home and cleaning it all off. so i have hated foundation and liquid makeup since day 1.

however, i love and am a total sucker for in-store display gimmicks. today i saw the true match acetate swatches; 10 minutes later, i walked out with liquid foundation-- wtf?!?! it MATCHED my skin, which was surprising (the MAC ladies always fail to). weirder yet is that i *like* it. b/c of my delicate treaty w/ my skin, my skin's been pretty good, and it's pretty smooth and nice-- and this foundation just glided over the pores and "finished" my face just lightly, translucently and perfectly. AND... I can't FEEL it.

i dunno if this would be the choice for people with obvious acne, or for people with blemishes drying up on their skin, as this would probably settle lightly into the crevices and look cracky and weird. but if your skin is pretty smooth on its own, and you don't need a super-matte finish, but would like to look a LITTLE more refined, this is probably a good formula to check out.

also, i like the simple, straightforward bottle. i did not like that it came unboxed and unsealed, however.

on 12/9/2004 9:39:00 PM

I am taking this back to the store. I've had better coverage using Jane liquid foundation. The Neutral N2 in Classic Ivory was supposed to be the best match for me, and looked fine in the bottle but way too light when applied. It also settled into every crevice and pore on my face, reminding me of the L'oreal commercial with Andie MacDowell saying "I hate looking like someone baked a cake on my face". It was exactly like that. I will say that the scent was pleasant and it didn't smell like a low end drugstore foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I don't like this product. It blended nicely, but it also had to feel incredibly greasy. It also clogged my pores horribly. I wish it was lighter and wasn't so bad for my skin because the color was decent for my PPP skin (c1 i think?) But I also used this during the summer, so the heat may have made this product melt off my face.

on 12/6/2004 1:16:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

when i took the online color matcher, i was told w6 would be a perfect match; but not as good as w4. the quiz helps direct you in the right direction. w4 works so well and it blends in perfectly. i tried w5, but it appeared too pinkish for my skin and w6 was much to dark. i use a sponge to apply, it goes on sheer but enough coverage for little blemishes. my skin looks flawless but still natural. you dont have to worry about getting a cakey look. ill definitely buy this again. blends smoothly and easily.

on 12/5/2004 10:52:00 PM

I did find a shade that matched my skin, but I went with a neutral, even though I actually have a cool skin tone. The cool tones are far too pink for anyone I've ever seen (except maybe Porky Pig or something). The main problem is that this foundation made me break out, and I haven't really broken out from anything since I got off of Accutane over a year ago. The coverage is somewhat adjustable, but it didn't blend into my skin all that easily.

on 12/4/2004 3:42:00 PM

Not the worse foundation I've ever tried but certainly did not live up to its "True Match" promise, at least for my skin anyway. All the colors were either too pink or peachy for my skin (NC 20) and I wasn't thrilled about the finish--slightly dewy with a medium coverage. I have combo skin and by mid-morning, the make-up was slipping off my skin. Good thing I got it on sale as I already threw it out.

on 12/1/2004 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I always thought I had cool tones, but this foundation's cool tones are really pink, so I went with neutral (n1). I love it. My skin looks flawless. It doesn't cover zits or dark circles, but it blends well as long as you don't let it sit on your face for a long time. It made my t-zone kind of shiney after a few hours, but that was because I skipped my normal pressed powder.

on 11/30/2004 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tired this foundation after repeated failed guesses of my skin shade, Since this name says "true match". I have it in Sun Beige or W6, and its pretty close to my skin tone. The coverage is pretty sheer to medium, and I like the fact that it is oil-free. My complaints are that the shade makes me look pink in sunlight, (which I noticed that its even worse with feel naturale compact makeup in sand beige)and it makes me look really shiny like a hood of a just waxed car.

on 11/24/2004 10:19:00 AM

I have to admit, I really like this. I have this in C1 (my undertones are exceedingly blue) and it matches well, though in photographs, it looks far too pale since the flash affects the sunscreen in it, as with most drugstore foundations. Argh. Other than that, I love. Nice coverage, beautiful color. Doesn't do much in terms of keeping my skin from becoming a greasefest, but argh. What else is new? Definitely my favorite drugstore foundation.

on 11/22/2004 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I'm really surprised the reviews for True Match aren't better! I never recieved compliments on my complexion in my whole life... until I used this. W1 is the best match I've ever found for my extremely-fair skin (PPP, dark hair); I'm on my third bottle ;)

Video Reviews & Tutorials