L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 3/22/2005 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

As far as the shade I chose, it would be a "True Match" for a ghost. This foundation left my face chalky and felt terrible. I looked like I had been smacked in the face with a set of chalk erasers. Not for me.

on 3/20/2005 11:03:00 PM

This made my face a greasy mess and the area around my mouth is still broken out.

The product was thin and watery messy to apply.

I was totally disappointed because I've used L'Oreal foundations in the past, but this was a total bust.

on 3/20/2005 6:42:00 AM

I got a sample of this. I'm glad I didn't buy it in full size because I didn't care for it at all. It did cover well but my face was a greasy mess in under an hour. Even with powder over it my face just got oilier and oilier. This might be good for someone with drier skin than mine.

on 3/20/2005 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

True Match?? To what?? I couldn't get any of these shades to match my skin. They all turned either orange or pink on me and had a very flat appearance on my skin. No matter what type of makeup primer I used or what type of moisturizer I put on this color settled into fine lines and looked flat. The color selection is less than ideal. Not a winner in my book. Max factor not only beat loreal to the stores with their version (colour adapt) but they blew them out of the water with the color selection and texture.

on 3/19/2005 11:41:00 PM

I bought the sampler pack.
I decided on W2. Thank you L'Oreal!!! I have light skin and have tried many foundations (spent $100 on the Custom blend from Prescriptives) and never could make until now. PLEASE DO NOT DISCONTINUE!

on 3/18/2005 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I don't understand how L'Oreal can call this "True Match" with a straight face!! I tried W5, N5, W6, C6, and N6 of this foundation using either the trial-sizes or the full-size bottles which I purchased at the drugstore, and none of the shades were even a "close match." Level 6 was too dark, level 5 was a bit on the light side, and NONE seemed to match my undertone at all, whether dark or light. I either look pink, orange, or chalky. I didn't try C5, but I just don't see that working either. It looked too pink in the bottle so I didn't even try it. And, I found this foundation hard to blend, and it didn't cover any flaws very well at all, making this a big "why bother?" If you're curious, go ahead and try, but save your receipt!! By the way, I also don't like the annoying open-mouthed glass bottle.

on 3/17/2005 10:01:00 PM

I got really excited when this came out because I liked L'Oreal's foundations but I could never find a good colour match (I'm NC30 in MAC but I dislike MAC's foundation quality). When the MA tested the colours on me, she recommended W4 (natural beige) but when I got home, it looked really orange on me... I could only wear this during the summer months when I had a tan. However, this product doesn't contain SPF so I had to wear sunscreen in addition to it... not so great. Fast forward a year, and I decide to give this product another whirl, this time I bought W3 (nude beige) but it looks pinker rather than just a lighter version of W4 (the gradation of colours in the line is baffling). So I decided to try mixing W3 and W4 to see if I could get a perfect match - and bingo, it worked. I really like the natural coverage of this foundation, and it dries to a nice light powdery finish. I gave it 4 lippies because the foundation does tend to accentuate my pores and dry patches (moisturize well before applying this). I also find that using a cosmetic sponge to be helpful with blending. I also don't like the bottle it comes in, it's very easy to tip over. I might take the suggestion of a previous reviewer and buy a MAC bottle to pre-mix the two colours and pour this foundation into.

Edited to add: I just found out that in the UK, they offer this product in a pump bottle! Why don't they offer this in N. America?!!

on 3/17/2005 2:36:00 PM

This is an OK product. Like some of the other reviewers said, you do have to apply with a sponge. Otherwise, you will look chalky. I probably won't repurchase, but it's good to have on hand until I get some more of my favorite foundation.

on 3/16/2005 9:16:00 PM

i so want to love this one, to make it a canít-live-without product, but i donít think iíll buy this again. donít get me wrong, itís a nice light / sheer base -- funny how some other reviewers are saying how opaque it is and they need to cut it down!. it tones down red, and at first makes me nicely matte, but after a couple of hours iím shiny (in fairness, i donít think it purports to be a stay-matte formulation). i guess i like it, but ... iíd rather it have a little tiny more coverage/ opaqueness, and a little more staying power thru the oilies (and also i have noticed if i scratch my skin, i can leave a track mark thru the makeup! ew!). in some ways itís similar to my clinique superfit (but the superfit does do all that i want it to, so itís superior, and a repeat buy). so i have decided that i wonít wear this to the office, but keep it for weekends and going out when i donít mind looking really natural (as opposed to *just* natural hee hee)
interesting to note two things about how we are getting it in Australia: we arenít getting the whole colour range for some reason (itís bizarre how companies donít send us everything you gals get in America! so it will be interesting to see if we get this line of powder/concealers) and other reviewers are complimenting the great pump dispenser ... ours is a silly nail-polish like glass vial.
EDIT / ADDITION: funny how things change. this is now my repeat buy foundation for work. maybe i'm using it differently, or my expectations and preferences (even skin?) have changed, but it's all i use now for work! it's comfortable on my skin, and i don't have that made-up look; it's reliably good. so i've changed this from 3 to five lippies!

on 3/6/2005 3:00:00 PM

This makes me glow like no other foundation and I always get complimented on how well my skin looks when I wear it. However, I have to top it up after a few hours as it doesnt last long at all on my normal skin. However, when i re apply, my skin looks even better than before. No it doesnt last long but I dont mind that so much as my skin just glows!Love it!