October 20, 2014 | 923 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2003 8:18:00 PM More reviews by askewchick

I can't even begin to understand why Clinique puts so much effort into promoting and selling this product. They have several excellent moisturizers in their line (Moisture Surge Extra being my HG), but this is most definitely NOT one of them. The consistency of the product is far too runny and it is quite greasy. You'd think that fact would make it perfect for someone with dry skin, but the consistency is just too thin. The last time I heard Clinique promoted this by saying that a bottle of DDML was being sold every four seconds at some place in the world. I think instead they're just getting rid of the stuff by tossing it in EVERY gift with purchase set. Discontinue this one, already.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2003 12:49:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just plain, simple effective lotion. Nothing special and no sunscreen, which rules it out for day wear. Non-irritating, best if you can get the tiny sample bottles in the gift bags.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2003 12:44:00 PM More reviews by littlebabynothing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This really works for me! Especially in winter time, when my skin always gets very dry. The thick lotion completely smoothes away every little flake. A little goes a long way...I don't think this would be suitable for people with oily skin. UPDATE/ Im taking off two lippies. This is not good for my skin so I stopped using it a long time ago.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2003 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Corinnem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried the clinique three step to try and help my dry skin but instead it made my skin red and sore. I was putting this on every few hours and my skin still felt dry, tight and sore. Just don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2003 5:40:00 PM More reviews by falldream24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

An extremely bad moisturizer! it feels like putting juice or some other sticky substance on your skin. It doesn't improve the complexion or moisturize effectively either. There are just no positives for this product- avoid!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2003 1:22:00 PM More reviews by deb_k

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't actually buy this (it came free with the wonderful little buy $21 dollars worth of makeup get a gift free). I hated this mousturizer..it bit the dust. It left my hands feeling greasy and the smell wasn't the greatest. Although I love Clinique, the only thing "Dramatically Different" about this mousturizer is that this didn't work. I'm glad I got it for free because I would NEVER spend a dime on this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2003 4:49:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Will never understand the allure of this product. It's too greasy for my oily t-zone, and too light for dry areas around my eyes or mouth.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2003 2:05:00 PM More reviews by joannaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

little, yellow, different, mediocre.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2003 9:12:00 PM More reviews by missyM

This is a double review. For my oily-combo skin, I tried this on my cheeks. It felt nasty and oily even though I know it isn't oil-free. But still, it was nasty. And my mum has pretty dry skin and hated it too. It even CLOGGED her pores but then it didn't do anything for her dryness. So we have now banned DD from our home.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2003 12:16:00 PM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I tried this when I got a little tube in a GWP. My skin loves this when the weather is really cold! No other moisturizer sinks in and makes my skin feel really good. It may be a very basic formula, but sometimes that's all your skin wants, is something simple and soothing. This would definitely be too much when warmer weather comes, but when it's cold and dry, this stuff is the best thing for moisture as far as my skin is concerned. I only use at night, but I have used it around my eyes in the day if needed.