August 1, 2014 | 1375 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i like my face looking fawless my based makeup routine does not stay simple at all. i use toner, moisturizer, eyecream(i have very dry skin), then sun block mixed with primer/primer with spf, then concealer, liquid foundation/cream foundation then setting powder/loose powder then highlighter, contouring powder and stuff. i dont have bad skin, i have dry but clear skin, i recently had break out first tim in my life( i figured a primer i brought from japan broke me out) so i am very fussy about my skin condition for the very first time. but as i have redness and yellow undertone, i am not happy with foundation that is too sheer to stay.
    in terms of stay power it is just simply the best, literally. i tried EL double wear light, givenchy photogenic(best finish evern, but i got the wrong shade) some other DS liquid foundation too. but nothing beats revlon CS staying power.it does not transfer or budge through out the day. when i am back home at 10p.m it still look quite comparable to 9a.m when i put it on. the only tiredness i can notice on my face comes from the bloodshot in my eyes.
    i wear EL in shade #!, wear MAC in NC 15in winter and 20 in summer and i got this in buff, which matches me perfectly, i do not see difference between my face and my neck right now in august. i guess if i still use this in winter i may use a some luminating base or corrector or even lighter powder to fix the small hue difference.
    about the finish, it is not as great as i expected. i don't know how others define "satin" or "dewy" , but my skin looks quite dull with it. at first i thought it may due the matt finish it delivers but when i looked at the bottle again i see gray cast in it. i don't think i wronged it, it has gray tones in it. it is quite yellow which is good as i am Asian but "gray"?really?maybelline pure makeup has grey tones to it too, but it is much worst then Relvon CS as that was pink too...neutrogena healthy skin foundation in buff is more golden and darker. but it tends to look better through out the day, better than you first applied it, weird but true.
    coverage: eh...i applied it with a dampened sponge and i had concealer underneath,i get sheer-to-medium coverage. didn't people say it is a full coverage?if it were because of the application method, how did i successful get full coverage with YSl or givenchy photogenic which aren't supposed to be full coverage.so according to my harsh standard in terms of coverage, it is at most medium.
    it is so thick compared to the actual coverage i got. it is the thickest i have ever tried.but i was pleasantly surprised it didn't not accentuate flakes and dryness.
    it is a bit too matt for me. it is not satiny or anywhere near healthy dewy. it is matt to the point that you can rate your other foundation according the matt-ness using it as a 100%standard.but it also absorbs oil like dream so i dont need to worried about touch-ups.but i prefer more "photogenic" or "luminous" finish when i look at the mirror. but this foundation looks good in picture i didnt look like a ghost.
    overall i have such a mixed feeling. it has its strengh-staying power and oil absorbing, but i dont like the finish that much by itself considering it is greyish and dull.it is not masky for me as i wear the perfect shade but i can see how wrong it looks if it werent.
    i will repurchase it as it is a good product overall. but i might have to work on primer/base or luminating powder to tone down the matt finish and make it more healthy looking
    EDIT: does anyone agree that it smells like ink/paint?it is disgusting

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by obsessedmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would give a the Original Revlon Colorstay a 5 but the new formula with SoftFlex leaves my skin feeling oily/greasy. I have been using Colorstay since junior high (about 14 years ago).
    The Original Colorstay actually stayed on well and didn't feel like a mask. The new Colorstay with Softflex feels like a Mask!!! please Revlon bring back the Original formula!! Softflex would be better for the Dry/Normal skin, its not good in the Combination/oily product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by sheridanf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product was okay at first. I've been using it for about 5 days or so and my skin is completely broken out. I never had breakouts really bad until now. My skin doesn't look anything like it usually does. I wouldn't recommend this product at all. I wanted to love it because it did have great coverage and a great color but breaking out is a huge NO

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Orientexpress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Not impressed. The thick texture does provide good coverage, but it made my face look like a mannequin's. My skin looked dull and flat. The addition of a cream highlighter helped a bit, but it was still obvious that I was wearing foundation. It took three tries/returns before I found the proper match for my skintone. I think this foundation emphasized my large pores too. I tend to think that people
    with oily skin and large pores avoid a more moisturizing product for fear of making large pores more apparent. I find that a little moisture is helpful because it keeps the skin plump thus minimzing large pores in the same way moisture minimizes wrinkles. I can't say if this is true for everyone with grande pores, but this drying foundation certainly seemed to make mine look worse. If I didn't remove this product with an oil cleanser, it wouldn't come off and would clog my skin. That said, the stayin g power is excellent. In a nutshell, I think that this product is only ok. The coverage is good, but that doesn't necessarily mean it looks good on everyone. EDIT: it's October and I like this much, much better. It balances my skin and the color is a perfect match for my tanless skin. I don't use it all over my face, however as I still think it looks like one is wearing makeup. This is not a look I like for myself. I apply it with a sponge under my eyes, over my lids, and around my nose and mouth. It balances my oily t zone, hides pores and looks fresh for at least eight hours. I use a cream blush when I wear it so it doesn't look so flat. Not HG for me, but I haven't found anything better for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by oyster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Doesn't like the product on my face AT ALL. It breaks me out. Also, it doesn't blend easy on the face - dries too quickly. The smell is horrible - so plastic like. It gives the brush a hard time to be washed off.... I mean normally I'm using MAC Studio Sculpt and I can just clean my brush with soap...but with Colorstay (well, it does what it claims I guess) , only soap won't do! Since I don't want to waste it, I use it on my neck.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Telljackie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dries way too fast! Too thick. Its just ok. Then again, I do not like any drug store cosmetics. I gave it a try based off of other reviews and I don't care for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Unmasked

I bought this in 240 Medium Beige for Combo/Oily skin. Let me just say, I LOVE this stuff! (It does contain an SPF 6 but I find that it doesn't wash me out in photos so it's all good.) I used a sponge for application and honestly, I was a bit worried when I found the product streaking everywhere. I guess that's expected when using sponges right? Anyways, a few dabs here and there and the streaks disappeared. The finish is great! It's matte but not "powder" matte. The coverage is medium yet buildable--perfect for everyday. My skin can still breathe, it doesn't look cakey at all after 6 hours and there is virtually no transfer onto clothing/napkins. It really does stay put!

Now, about the packaging... I wish there was a pump. Since it's in a glass bottle, you have to dispense the product onto the back of your hand (which leaves a slight stain) and stop when you think it's enough. It's really annoying because you don't want to waste too much, and the liquid also takes a while to stop pouring/dripping. All is forgiven however because this is suuuuuch a great product! And by the way, since I was feeling lazy I didn't use powder to set my foundation, but it still looks and feels great. Highly recommended for those who are looking to even out their skintone or cover up minor blemishes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by mkparking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this, because i'm still looking for my HG foundation.

The reviews were great, but i'm sad to say i have not found it to be HG level for me.
    It does give great coverage, but at a price.
    It looks like a mask.
    I bought the one for oily/combination skin, as i am oily in my t-zone.
    I found it didn't control shine.
    Its also a thick, quickly drying formula so it is hard to work with and blend after a certain amount of time.

I tried applying it with a wet & dry sponge, my fingers, a foundation brush, and a stippling brush.
    It obviously works well for others, but for me, i found it just made all my pores and imperfections stand out more, it was streaky and splotchy when applied to my nose, it clogged my pores, and it was very thick and mask like.
    I also would prefer if the packaging had a pump.

On the upside there is an amazing selection of colors, and i found my perfect match easily.
    I've discovered that i cannot find a HG foundation in the drugstore, and i have been looking since i was 13.
    I'm using this up, then purchasing MUFE matte velvet foundation next.
    Wish my luck on my search.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 5:55:00 AM More reviews by KaylaaChristine

If you're anything like me, you're probably sitting online reading reviews about this foundation, on the fence for whether you should try it or not.
    TRUST ME, save yourself the time and go buy it. This is my new HG foundation, I absolutely LOVE IT! I've used a ton of foundations, both MAC and drugstore and this works better for me than anything else ever has. Honestly, it's perfect. I finally found a foundation light enough for my skin tone that doesn't have that gross orange undertone, and it stays on literally all day! It doesn't transfer or cake or anything, it's perfect.
    I apply one coat and let it dry, then another. I don't even have to use concealer anymore, and I love how natural it looks. I just set it with powder and it honestly doesn't budge all day!
    It's essentially waterproof, too, and I really can't get over how much I love this stuff. I'm never buying a different foundation again! If you have oily skin, this stuff is definitely for you, my face doesn't even get shiny now. Go buy it! :) <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by NotReallyAWaitress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite foundation. After seeing a few muaers wearing this I had to try it. The scent goes away after applied and it didn't really bother me anyways. The coverage of this foundation is great! I wouldn't apply this with your fingers tho, you'll need a brush or sponge. It lasted throughout the day without turning oily on me, I do use a powder to set this foundation. I didn't find it mask like or "unrealistic" looking at all. This is more of a medium to full coverage foundation so if your not looking for that then this isn't for you.