July 30, 2014 | 1785 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by people52005

After all the raved reviews on this foundation, I decided to try this product. I have used liquid foundations in the past but my face always ended up greasy after 2 hours. I bought this in the oily/combination formula as my t-zone area can become slightly oily. I bought it from superdrug's for £12 in the mahoghany shade. Unfortunately, when I got home and tried it on, it was too dark for my skin and the undertones were too grey. However, the day I tried it on, even though it was a very hot day, the foundation stayed flawless and I was outside for 10 hours. Even after I excercised, the foundation looked fresh, flawless and natural. It also has a nice perfume scent. The consistency is quite thin and runny; similar to mac studio fix. You have to blend in quickly becuase it dries fast and you will be left with streaks. I used my fingertips to apply it. There is no pump so you have to be careful that you don't pour too much to avoid wastage. Even though the shade I bought was too dark, it is the best liquid foundation I have ever tried. In the UK, the only shade they sell for black women is in the mahoghany shade but I'm sure the caramel or cappacino shade would've suited my skin. I advise you to buy mini testers from eBay for around £1.50 so you don't end up wasting £12! Also, the foundation is transfer resistant and it doesn't go onto my tissue when I blow my nose!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by beautybygrace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Favorite go-to foundation. Use with primer and fingers for low to medium coverage. Use w/a foundation brush for full coverage. Lasts all day. Love, love that it does not transfer. You don't have to worry about it getting on your clothes or other people's if you hug someone. I use the caramel for oily skin. This is a good match for me. I want to use the caramel for dry skin but it is too light. It can be found at walmart for $10 or less.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by FillerbunnyBuddy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This foundation is definitely high medium-to-full coverage. I find it blends well but the coverage I got did not look very natural. However this is normal because I believe it is very full coverage. This foundation will clog your pores to high heaven, so avoid avoid avoid if you tend to break out if you wear too much makeup or several layers of it. Also, this foundation manages to get on everything. If I barely touch my face, it ends up on my clothes. It is very annoying and something I can't be bothered to deal with on a daily basis. I brokeout quite badly to Revlon Colorstay and I only had it on for 3-4 hours. Quite honestly, I don't believe anyone needs such high coverage, and I have acne! Try out if you must, but not before going out or something, just to make sure. If you have sensitive skin I would also avoid this like the plague. If you're made of tougher stuff, check it out, but I wouldn't recommend this at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 2:29:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with the consensus that this is an excellent drugstore foundation. Provided you can find your shade (always tricky when you can't test ahead of time), this is a good buy. The finish, to me, is matte. It doesn't feel HORRIBLE on the skin but is a little thicker than I generally like; I can feel it on my face. The coverage is good. I like to use this as a spot concealer and then put my HOLY GRAIL AWESOME foundation over it (MUFE face and body).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by purplerain400

I used this as a concealer and it covered well and looked natural. I got the one for dry skin because at the moment my skin is very dry and it went on so well. However, after using it for 4 days I started breaking out and now that I stopped I haven't gotten any blemishes. I would recommend this foundation unless you have acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by ashcam13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love love love this product. I bought it at the drug store but when i got it home i realised i had picked up a few shades too light so I gave it to my mum and forgot all about it, until now. At the time, I was just back from a week in Turkey but now a month later, my tan has faded considerably so i decided to give it another try and im so glad that i did. The colour matches my skin almost exactly. The coverage is next to none as the staying power is amazing. Usually on my lunch break i have to go de-oil my face but not with this at all. My make up looks fresh all day. Defo my new HG product. Only down fall is there is no pump with the bottle which is inconvenient but apart from that, excellent!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2010 6:49:00 AM More reviews by annasounds

hmmmm.... i did like this product before I discovered the coverage I could get with mineral powder foundation. I look back now and think ughhh. That product was so incredibly gross. So heavy, gluggy, ridculously difficult to remove all traces of it too so it ends up clogging your pores... especially if you're wearing it everyday. It does STAY and it gives good COVERAGE but I'd rather not head back there...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by umie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Reading the previous comments I am seriously wondering if I bought the same product!The horrible smell????The heavy coverage???The obvious make-up wearing???What are you all talking about??? I believe it's all about your application technique. You can get a very light to a moderately heavy coverage. I have all the MAC, MUFE, some Estee L, Cinique foundations (powder, liquid). This product is one of the best hands down for a cheaper price. My face doesn't get easily "blurry" anymore because of excessive oil. I do not have to touch up my foundation during the day...some oil blotting and this because I am used to doing it and NOT because I NEED it! Zero break out, I actually break out less!:) Let's not forget that we are all unique. So nothing is supposed to work for everybody. On me, this foundation worked great now who know how your skin is going to be reacting to this?:)

More info:
    I wear/have tried/worn:
    MAC Studio Tech NC50 (tad muddy greyish on me)+MAC Studio Fix 43 (tad reddish/ashy on me),
    MAC Pro Longwear NC50 and NC45 (too pinkish, muddy),
    Nars Sheer Glow in Macao (almost perfect),
    Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Foundation in Rich Ginger and Truffle mixed together (tad ashy),
    MUFE in 175 (HD) too ashy,
    MUFE Face and Body Liquid Foundation in 44 and 18 mixed together (ashy),
    Smashbox in Dark 1 (just ok),
    MAC skinfinish mineralzed in Dark,
    Revlon Colorstay for Combo Oily Skin in 2/3 Caramel and 1/3 Cappucino (best texture/hold of all foundations),
    I also tried Clinique, Chanel and Iman but I can't remember my colors but it was just ok.
    Black Opal in Nutmeg (nice color match but mad transfer).
    Cover Girl Queen Collection Foundation compact in 515 Almond Glow and Liquid in 715 Almond Glow: this is my perfect exact incredible match. It is as if it was custom made. It has the right dose/amount of yellow I can't find in any other high brand. It looks as if I have nothing on.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by prettyascanbe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG foundation for Winter and Spring (I think it would be too heavy for hot hot summer days which I opt for little to no make up). I got it in the combo/oil formula in 300 Golden Beige a perfect match.

I swear as crazy as this sounds I think its actually helped clear up my skin(...or I started using it coincidentally as my skin was clearing up on its ow. I'm not sure)

It has awesome coverage and does not rub off, transfer, or even fade. I have worn it through a workout session and crazy hot weather and it stays perfectly intact no easy feat for my EL Double-Wear Foundation.

It does not irritate my skin or break out which is admirable considering that Cetaphil (which is supposed to be great for acne-prone skin)moisturizers irritate my skin and break me out. I love it.Great coverage, lasting power, and suits my sensitive acne-prone skin, all for a decent price. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by angelamdai

I love this foundation! I have sensitive acne prone skin that is combo oily and it holds up pretty well during the day and does not break me out. I enjoy the 'skin' look it gives me. I use it very sparingly only on places on my face I need the coverage. I love the look it gives my face!
    However cons. 1. The smell. It's tolerable and once it's dry there is no scent 2. No pump. It's a screw top and kind of hard to control how much product you get. 3. You have to work quickly with it because it dries quickly.
    Overall, one of the best foundations out there! Affordable, good quality, can't be beat!