Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 9/1/2010 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily/acne prone skin which makes it challenging to find a foundation that works for my skin type. I was very skeptical when I first purchased this product because I don't normally buy drugstore brand foundations. However, I had read good reviews on it and wanted to give it a try. To my surprise, I absolutely love my Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combo/Oily Skin! This foundation does not break me out! Not only does it cover very well, but if you have oily skin it really helps to control the oil breakthrough. I have found that with this foundation I don't even need to use my Mac mattifying cream. I normally purchase my foundations at Clinique, Estee Lauder, Lancome, or Mac but I have to say that I actually think that this foundation is very comparable if not better. The only thing is that I wish the bottle came with a pump because it can be difficult to control how much product comes out of the bottle. But overall, if you are looking for a great foundation at an affordable price you should consider giving this foundation a try! I will definately purchase this again!

I like this product a lot. It stays on all day, which is my favorite part. But it also cakes on way too easily (but that might be my fault for puting it on wrong, i dont know) It also smelled like paint, nasty! But the smell goes away after a while. Other than that, it is great - nicely priced, stays on, doesn't make me break out, etc.!!

on 8/31/2010 3:05:00 PM

This is my all time fave foundation. This is the only one I use every single day. It stays on all day and doesn't come off. I live in Louisiana and it is so hot here. We also have a lot of hudmidity and my makeup is still there when I go to take it off at night. I love that it is a medium to full coverage but it doesn't feel heavy or caked on. I am on my 3rd or 4th bottle. Love this stuff. The only thing I wish they had was a pump. Too much ends up coming out.

on 8/30/2010 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Full-coverage and long lasting; did not make me break out! This foundation is good for the money. I really have nothing bad to say about this product (it's AMAZING!) except for one thing: the packaging. Not a huge fan of the bottle and the cap (some product got inside the cap for some reason.. and instead of black, you see the foundation? Weird). But I still love this stuff regardless, and works just as well as any other high-end liquid foundation out there - if not better!

on 8/30/2010 10:30:00 PM

Wow. I dont know why I didn't try this sooner! Well, actually the reason I never tried it before is because of how the majority of reviews say it sucks because there's no pump, it looks thick and cakey, it's hard to blend, and people have breakout issues. I have to say, I do not agree with any of that! It really doesn't bother me that there is no pump. I find that it actually looks very smooth and natural on me. I have no problems blending it, I actually apply it with my fingers and it blends in beautifully! I've been using it for almost 2 weeks and have not broken out. With my skin, if something is going to irritate it, it would have happened within 2 days. I use the shade 180 Sand Beige. I set it with Too Faced Primed and Poreless loose powder. Also, I use the Combination/Oily version. I find that it helps control oil VERY well. Much better than any foundation or primer I've tried in the last 5 years. Speaking of primers, I do not use one. I use Olay Beauty Fluid in the sensitive version under this. The coverage is really great, I have a few dark spots (post acne marks) on my chin that need covering and this works very well while still looking natural. It does help disguise blemishes, but I still use concealer if I have any blemishes that are really red. Overall, right now I am loving this, and I will continue to purchase!

on 8/30/2010 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really LOVE this foundation. It looks very natural and is by far the best drugstore foundation I have ever tried. I personally think it blends easily ( I use a sponge), and I found the perfect color for me that you can't even tell the difference between my skin and the foundation. I originally bought one shade darker, and got to exchange it. It is a little on the pricey side (about $13) but worth it. I also have extremely oily skin and this lasts me for more than 4 hours without any powder without looking oily. Is also non-transfer, so if you rub it off is gonna be very hard to take it off (use a good makeup remover, just water won't do!). The one thing I absolutely dislike about this foundation is the packaging. I wish it had a pump, because it can get messy fast. But for the quality of the product, the packaging is just a detail. You will really not find anything like this in drugstores, and if you have oily skin, is just heaven. Finally something that works!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ok, this foundation is quite good, i have to be honest though it has its problems. I like this foundation because it stays on all day, and feels really comfortable and hydrating on my skin which is combo/dry. But i found this product REALLY hard to blend in especially with your fingers!And also i got the shade beige, this foundation comes out at least 2 shades darker than it looks, unfortunatly there was no tester at the time! :( bummer! And the price at £11.99 is really overpriced, unfortunatly not worth the money i payed, I was really excited about this review at first...:(

on 8/29/2010 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Recently, I've gone through about 5 different kinds of foundations looking for the right one. My main problem is that by the end of the day my skin is like an oil slick. I have combination skin that is slightly acne prone. With nothing on my skin but moisturizer, it stays pretty non-oily. However, if i wear foundation, sure enough by end of day it is usually pretty oily.

After trying NARS sheer matte, Dior diorskin forever, MUFE HD, smashbox high def healthy fx, and MAC mineralize foundation, I decided all of these expensive products weren't cutting it and went back to using drugstore brands.

I found that revlon colorstay combination/oily in #340 golden caramel is a perfect match for my skin tone and so far has kept my skin matte (but not too matte like MUFE matte can be) and fresh looking. I'm super happy with the product and with the price.

I know there are many complaints about the bottle and lack of pump, but this doesn't really seem to bother me. Maybe towards the end as you use most of the product up, i can see how it could be annoying to get the foundation out...but even with a pump that tends to be the case. Also, people have said that the consistency is too thick and that it looks cakey and unnatural, but i have found the exact opposite to be true on my skin. I also use MAC prep and prime primer beforehand so maybe that helps?

Also, in terms of it causing breakouts...i suspect that maybe the formula just didn't match your skin. I seemed to break out a lot with MAC mineralize foundation. A good skin cleansing routine is key to healthy skin either way and esp for all those using longer lasting foundations. I tend to use a creamier and richer face wash most days. Loreal revitalift radiant smoothing cream cleanser is what i use every other day and in between that i use biore ice wash to prevent acne. 2x times a week i exfoliate with a scrub...right now i'm using garnier skin renew 3 way cleanser. I also recommend st. ive's cream cleanser to remove makeup. Put it on dry skin and then tissue off, use a damp washcloth, or simply wash off and then follow up with a regular foaming cleanser or whichever soap you choose. I get the occasional breakout and my skin has oily tendencies, but having a skin routine has kept my skin really nice otherwise.

I guess my lesson learned here is to try try try every foundation because everyone's skin is so different and don't hesitate to return the makeup if you're not happy with the final product...but luckily my own search is finally over!

on 8/29/2010 9:51:00 AM

I think I'll stick with my Dream Liquid Mousse foundation, because it has a pump and it's like butter on my skin. I don't mean to advertise the product, I just really do personally love it more than this. The revlon NEEDS a pump, and even though the product in the bottle looked a bit darker than my skin in the bottle, it has a gray-ish overcast that does not give me a youthful glow. It's also a little bit to matte for me. Ah well, at least it lasts for a while. (It also kind of smells.) :(

on 8/29/2010 5:24:00 AM

This really is the best foundation ever!! My skin looks flawless when I apply it and it stays put all day/night. The only thing I hate is the packaging. Why doesn't it have a pump! And, I dont like the glass bottle.