August 2, 2014 | 1260 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2004 1:00:00 PM More reviews by ErCar

This foundation looked ok at first-I even got a few compliments on it-but after a few hours it looked cake-like, orange and above all, greasy. NOT good if you have oily skin at all. Ah yes, and if you touch your face to anything, you'll notice that you leave makeup marks everywhere. Not attractive. Actually, if you're in the market for one of these "blend in with your skin" foundations, Cover Girl's "TruBlend" is a much better product-and believe me, I never thought I would say that-I don't usually like Cover Girl products, but this True Match stuff just doesn't work for me. Would not recommend. Maybe a pricier version of this (like Lancome) would be better. So sad though, there were so many colors, and it seemed so perfect! :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2004 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Surreptitious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This felt really nice going on, and the finish was pretty nice (not too matte, not too dewy).

Unfortunately, it irritated my skin. After one day of wearing this, I had a tight, bright pink, dehydrated-looking face. I also couldn't quite get an exact match for my very, very pale, yellow/neutral-toned skin. (I tried the lightest sampler pack)

Ingredients

Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazoldinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol.
May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2004 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Jilliana

I have NEVER found a foundation that was such an exact match to my skin color! What a brilliant idea ALL of those testers are too...you can't go wrong. When I first put this on I noticed how blendable it is, defiitely a plus. Initially I did not think it was so great, it didn't seem to make any difference on my skin, all imperfections were still very noticible (it didn't even look as though I applied ant foundation), BUT after about 5 minutes when I looked again it seemed to dry to this perfect product and my skin looked amazing! It is neiter too matte or shiny. The downside is that the packaging sucks! I had to shake the bottle upside down to get any out on my sponge, and it comes out so slow. I can definitely live with the poor packaging for such a great product though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2004 5:39:00 AM More reviews by ayce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When it comes to foundation, I can never find a matching shade - its either a tad bit too light or a tad bit too dark. I was glad Ulta had testers and to my surprise, I actually found a matching shade =). I apply this w/ a foundation brush & found that I didn't need much, I just used whatever was on the cap. After applying it didn't look like I was wearing anything at all but my face looked flawless. I wear sunscreen but with this foundation it finishes a bit too dewy for my liking. Without it, it has a silky finish. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2004 8:30:00 PM More reviews by cavewoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I saw the tester display for this new product, I was so pleased, and I dove right in thinking that finding a match would be a breeze. It wasn't, but I did narrow myself down pretty easily to the C group. #2 was too light, and oddly enough, #3 was too orangey, not cool at all (as if it really belonged in one of the other groups) so I tried #4 even though I thought it would be too dark. I'm a Stila C and a MAC NW25 if I remember correctly.
The True Match was a perfect match in the C4. I've been using it for a week now and I reach for this every day, even over the favorites that I have used for years. I didn't give the maximum 5 lipsticks because although it is a great match for me, it wears unevenly on my combination skin. But I would definitely buy it again, the match is that good.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2004 5:02:00 PM More reviews by bitchkittybites

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The palest warm shade was a perfect match for my skin tone. Unfortunately, once I put it on my face-- after moisturizing, yet-- it looked extremely powdery (how weird for a liquid) and unattractive and really made my dryer spots stand out. It made my face really itchy, although I didn't break out. They get points for matching my skin tone, but not for much else. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with dry or sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2004 3:01:00 PM More reviews by bernie06

Finally-a foundation that actually takes into consideration that women fall into more than just 4 or 5 skin colors! I found a great match with Warm Level 4 (W4). It glides on great and gives light/meduim coverage. However, there is no SPF and does not last throughout the day. I wouldn't repurchase because of the low lasting aspect but I want to say thanks to L'oreal for the great colors and understanding that not all of us have easy-to-match-skin. :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2004 10:32:00 AM More reviews by kristenb

I am a foundation girl...I wear it everyday, cant live without it because of my less-than-perfect complexion. That being said, I always use my Clinique Calrifying makeup, but since its on the pricey side and I end up buying it every two months or so, I thought I would try to find a foundation that I could just slap on to go to the store, hang around the house in, etc., and save my Clinque for more special occasions...anyways, I was lured to the display because of the idea of finding a drugstore brand that actually matched my skin tone. I was wowed that Ulta actually had testers out...but still confused. I, along with about 5 others, were testing these but I still couldn';t decide between warm and neutral for my skin. I ended up picking the second lightest warm shade...a pretty close match when I actually tried in on my whole face. I was impressed with that, and the blendability of it. But its definitely not an HG for me. It doesn't cover pimples--you need to layer on the concealer...and it didn't seem to melt into the skin, rather sit on top...maybe its because Im super oily, I dont know. YOu also need to tap on thebottle quite a bit to get a good "blob" out. Im a bit worried this may make me breakout...after reading these reviews. I don't think there's anything super special about this one as far as I can tell. UPDATE: After two days of wearing this--and dealing with the funky patchy, greyish tone it gave my pale wintry skin--I HAVE broken out. Everyone here was right, once again. Where WERE you gals last saturday when i hovered at the testers? Another L'oreal foundatiojn bites the dust...damn them! When will they get it right!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2004 2:35:00 PM More reviews by splukeu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. Usually it is pretty hard for me to get a match in drugstore foundation, but this was great - didn't change color towards the end of the day. Like it says, it is super blendable. I applied it with a foundation brush and got a great finish. My skin is prone to breakouts, but I haven't used this long enough to determine how my skin will react.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2004 1:16:00 PM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found a perfect color match with this foundation. I have somewhat pale skin with a pinkish undertone and most foundations are too yellow or orange on my skin. For years I have been using two or more foundations and creating a custom color every morning (and really who has time for that?) Anyway, C2 in Natural Ivory is a perfect color for me, and the sheerness of this foundation makes it super blendable. Has not broken me out at all (fingers crossed). The low price means that I can get another shade or two for blending if my skin is more uneven than usual on some days (maybe I just secretly love to blend?). Thumbs up for me on this foundation!