L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 4/2/2005 12:08:00 AM

I applied True Match from a tester at the grocery store. The texture felt good going on and the color selection is outstanding. Unfortunately, the foundation was quite aging, emphasizing pores and fine lines. I was also disappointed that the bottles are not packaged in a tamper evident way.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product does blend into skin very well. I could wear several shades of this seeing how blendable it is. However, my skin is oily and after just a few hours, the makeup is sliding off, and the color changes on me too an orangey shade. Nice satin finish, and looks fine when I first apply it, but after that, yuck, yuck, yuck.

on 4/1/2005 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This foundation has the best staying power. It seriously will not move. Downside is that it takes two washings to get it completely off your face. I found a good match in w7, which is very difficult for me to do. Other foundations were always close, but not perfect. (GA LSF 8, Mac nc42, Becca Bamboo, Shiseido 60). The foundation is definitely more yellow/orange based. It gives medium coverage. However, it just doesn't give the luminosity I'm looking for. But, with such a perfect color match I could just add a highlighter product to it.

on 3/30/2005 11:39:00 PM

Glides and blends beautifully.

on 3/30/2005 1:14:00 AM

it was hard to find my true match. I love and hate this product equally. when first applied, its too chalky but later became more dewy or greasy as some might say. I love the dewy/greasy because it looks more like natural skin than white, powdery cast. I am NC30-35 W3 is waaay too pale. N3 is okay for my pale days. W4 works better. I am so hopeful i have purchased these in 4 shades. EDIT: its not just a good d/s foundation, its a great fndt. i like this better than my high end foundations including GA hydraglow because it blends so well. EDIT (6/1/07): I STILL LOVE THIS. I have strayed to other foundations but tried this again in W3 yesterday and I cannot stop staring at myself! My face looks... diffused! well done L'oreal.

Im having second thoughts on this foundation. At first, I loved it, but I was very stupid and didn't give the makeup time to do its worst. I see now that C4 is too dark for me, C3 is a perfect color for me, but the formulation is just all wrong. Its way too thick and breaks me out (I had been blaming my poor, defenseless cetaphil! How wrong I was!!). I still hate the packaging and the price is still rediculous for such a mediocre foundation. And the powder still sucks. But the concealer is awesome!

on 3/28/2005 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This has to be the BEST drugstore foundation I have ever tried! I use a W3 for my NC30 skin and find it a GREAT match (note: when I am more pale, a NC25, W2 does not work for me). It really feels like a more expensive foundation (for reference, I am usually into Kanebo, MAC or Estee Lauder): it goes on very smooth, covers VERY well, dries up to a slight powdery finish but doesn't dry out (I never need to use loose powder when I use this). I use a little highlighting powder on top, because it is a little too matte sometimes, and voila! Result: perfect flawless skin. Stays on put for hours, doesn't change color. What more could you ask for a great price???

on 3/27/2005 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

love it love it love it. its had a blendable nature, and is perfect for all the clients i use it on, as a makeup artist i can blend just about anything, and to all those naysayers, your simply bad at applying makeup.

on 3/26/2005 5:13:00 PM

I have similar complaints to the ones already mentioned here. The coverage is heavy and fake looking. It has a very dry finish that is anything but "super blendable". And with such a large color selection, you'd think I could find one that matches. I tried 3 shades and wasn't happy with any of them. With Cover Girl's TruBlend (and the corresponding Max Factor version) the coverage is sheer enough you can get away with a shade that isn't an absolute match. Not the case with this one.

on 3/22/2005 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this foundation with a few caveats. First, it is the first foundation to match my skin color and undertones (and I've tried estee lauder, clinique, MAC and prescriptives, tho not the custom blend of Px). It is light but the coverage is buildable if I want more coverage. It lets my skin shine though while evening things out and hiding redness. I usually mix it with my moisturizer and spread it on and blend a bit at the nose and edges with a sponge for a natural finish. The packaging is terrible though. It results in messiness and wasted product as well as sterility issues. I will repurchase but will put in in a pump container. UPDATE 10/05---I no longer reach for this. My skin seems to get irritated by it and it would get very oily shiny after about 3-4 hours. Would not repurchase. Dropped to 3 lippies from 4.

Video Reviews & Tutorials