December 20, 2014 | 901 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2004 2:33:00 PM More reviews by LaraConn

So, I thought I was set with my current foundation, but I was curious. Wal-Mart had a three-color sample pack for less than $2, so I picked one up to try. Am I glad I did! Two shades were a bit "off," but the third was indeed my "True Match." The texture of this foundation is just amazing, too. It goes on very light, and feels sheer, but provides amazing coverage. It takes a lot to impress me, but this foundation has done it. My next purchase? A full size bottle in my perfect shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2004 6:15:00 PM More reviews by IndianAngel22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I looooooove L'Oreal True Match!!!It is so perfect. The formula is great! Covers well, goes on smooth, dries to a smooth powder finish. Feels nothing like Maxfactor and TruBlend. Trublend and maxfactor, I tried both, are so powdery and silicony and icky. Not a good enough color range. True Match is sooo much better! I just came from a softball tournament, of which I've been there since 8:15 this morning. It hailed, then it snowed, then it started downpoaring rain for hours straight, and then it got so hot and Humid it felt like mid summer! It was like 4 seasons in one day. The True Match whethered it. I still had coverage after ward. NO BREAKOUTS. Felt so light. I feel like I have nothing on my skin. Only place it kinda rubbed off was on my nose, where it's the most oily, and where my visor was at the top. I've never found anything better. This is my HG!!!! :)
PS: By the way, I have Combination-Oily Acne Prone skin. My skin tone is CCC.

***UPDATE***
Sadly, the colors not good for me. I loved how it felt, but I can no longer use it. ***Cries*** It would have been my HG..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2004 6:11:00 PM More reviews by laureg

i tried this foundation, and found the perfect shade (i'm a w2). it's a nice texture, and matches my skin exactly. the coverage is somewhat sheer, and i set it with loose powder because the first time i wore it (w/out powder) i found i was really shiny. all in all, a good product and i would buy it again.***edit: i would not repurchase this product again. after wearing it at home, it looks to be a match. out in the daylight is a different story. i bought w2, which appeared to be a perfect match, but was not. it was very apparently orange in the daylight, and when applied *looks* as if i am wearing foundation- giving that fake skin, orangy-white cast that a bad foundation does. there are better foundations out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2004 10:39:00 PM More reviews by blue_eyedwonder

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this product after trying a sample of Cover Girl's tru blend. I didn't like tru blend enough to buy it. Sooo... I went out and bought true match. I like it a lot--- it goes on so light, and stays put even after long wear. Only thing I don't like is if you don't blend it well, you can really tell.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2004 10:18:00 PM More reviews by pupanella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ladies, after reading alot of your reviews about True Match foundation, I am wondering about a few things.........generally, cyst like acne is not caused by foundation. Stress or hormones will cause bad eruptions. For those of you who are complaining of dry patches, are you using a moisturizer before you put the foundation on? For those of you who are complaining of oiliness, cut back on the moisturizer if you are using it.With the warmer weather here, a lighter one would be better. Also, a slighty damp makeup sponge is great for application. The more you use it, the better it becomes in applying foundation! Back to the acne thing, if a reaction is going to happen from a foundation, it will most likely be itchy and irritated with possible hives or small bumps. But cystic acne???? I would look closely at your stress levels and menstrual cycle.......good luck!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2004 6:13:00 PM More reviews by bellafaccia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was very pleasantly surprised when I tried this foundation. It glides on smoothly and my face feels fresh - like I just put this on - for the day! And I really like how L'Oreal has made it easy to find one's correct color, or range of colors. I like this so much, I got it in 3 different shades all in the correct color range for my skin tones - lightest for winter, and then warmer/deeper shades as spring and summer come. Love it! And I am someone who doesn't economize (ha!) when it comes to cosmetics, so getting this at a local-health-&-beauty-store-price is also a treat! Much less money for comparable quality than some of the foundations I've purchased as high end department stores. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2004 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Princessmer81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the sample pack of three mini bottles of foundation so that I could find my "True Match" without having to buy a whole bottle of foundation. I was thrilled to see the $2 off coupon inside of the sample pack -I paid less than $2 for the sample pack so I thought I would come out ahead. I did find a color that matched fairly well - I am not willing to buy two bottles of foundation to custom mix every day so I didn't even attempt to mix them. The foundation made my skin look chalky and flaky - worst of all after wearing the product for one day my skin broke out! I was so frusterated. The only thing I changed in my routine was the True Match so I know that is what caused the break out. I was very dissapointed in this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2004 10:43:00 AM More reviews by frenchlibrarian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First of all,I was not able to find a perfect fit.I am in between W1 and N1.I am very fair , but the N1 was too pink for my complexion, W1 has a little more yellow and beige.This foundation accentuates my "flakies" and succeeds at the same time at making my skin shiny and oily.I do not like the texture and the coverage is very sheer.I do not like it all.I have given it many chances but is not a keeper in my book.I still prefer L'Oreal Visible Lift in Light Ivory.A much better match for my very fair skin with yellow undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2004 4:04:00 AM More reviews by FrimFram_Fight

I like this product, but as others said it seemed to make my dry patches VERY noticable even when i put on lotion.

I have N3, and it's my exact skin tone. Very nice not to have an orangey/pinkish tone like most of my old foundations have had.
Good coverage and very good blending. I will buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2004 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Agenoria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

took about a month of use, but eventually the product made my skin oily causing painful acne.