April 21, 2014 | 979 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Discontinued and Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2010 6:49:00 AM More reviews by annasounds

hmmmm.... i did like this product before I discovered the coverage I could get with mineral powder foundation. I look back now and think ughhh. That product was so incredibly gross. So heavy, gluggy, ridculously difficult to remove all traces of it too so it ends up clogging your pores... especially if you're wearing it everyday. It does STAY and it gives good COVERAGE but I'd rather not head back there...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by umie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Reading the previous comments I am seriously wondering if I bought the same product!The horrible smell????The heavy coverage???The obvious make-up wearing???What are you all talking about??? I believe it's all about your application technique. You can get a very light to a moderately heavy coverage. I have all the MAC, MUFE, some Estee L, Cinique foundations (powder, liquid). This product is one of the best hands down for a cheaper price. My face doesn't get easily "blurry" anymore because of excessive oil. I do not have to touch up my foundation during the day...some oil blotting and this because I am used to doing it and NOT because I NEED it! Zero break out, I actually break out less!:) Let's not forget that we are all unique. So nothing is supposed to work for everybody. On me, this foundation worked great now who know how your skin is going to be reacting to this?:)

More info:
    I wear/have tried/worn:
    MAC Studio Tech NC50 (tad muddy greyish on me)+MAC Studio Fix 43 (tad reddish/ashy on me),
    MAC Pro Longwear NC50 and NC45 (too pinkish, muddy),
    Nars Sheer Glow in Macao (almost perfect),
    Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Foundation in Rich Ginger and Truffle mixed together (tad ashy),
    MUFE in 175 (HD) too ashy,
    MUFE Face and Body Liquid Foundation in 44 and 18 mixed together (ashy),
    Smashbox in Dark 1 (just ok),
    MAC skinfinish mineralzed in Dark,
    Revlon Colorstay for Combo Oily Skin in 2/3 Caramel and 1/3 Cappucino (best texture/hold of all foundations),
    I also tried Clinique, Chanel and Iman but I can't remember my colors but it was just ok.
    Black Opal in Nutmeg (nice color match but mad transfer).
    Cover Girl Queen Collection Foundation compact in 515 Almond Glow and Liquid in 715 Almond Glow: this is my perfect exact incredible match. It is as if it was custom made. It has the right dose/amount of yellow I can't find in any other high brand. It looks as if I have nothing on.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by prettyascanbe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG foundation for Winter and Spring (I think it would be too heavy for hot hot summer days which I opt for little to no make up). I got it in the combo/oil formula in 300 Golden Beige a perfect match.

I swear as crazy as this sounds I think its actually helped clear up my skin(...or I started using it coincidentally as my skin was clearing up on its ow. I'm not sure)

It has awesome coverage and does not rub off, transfer, or even fade. I have worn it through a workout session and crazy hot weather and it stays perfectly intact no easy feat for my EL Double-Wear Foundation.

It does not irritate my skin or break out which is admirable considering that Cetaphil (which is supposed to be great for acne-prone skin)moisturizers irritate my skin and break me out. I love it.Great coverage, lasting power, and suits my sensitive acne-prone skin, all for a decent price. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by angelamdai

I love this foundation! I have sensitive acne prone skin that is combo oily and it holds up pretty well during the day and does not break me out. I enjoy the 'skin' look it gives me. I use it very sparingly only on places on my face I need the coverage. I love the look it gives my face!
    However cons. 1. The smell. It's tolerable and once it's dry there is no scent 2. No pump. It's a screw top and kind of hard to control how much product you get. 3. You have to work quickly with it because it dries quickly.
    Overall, one of the best foundations out there! Affordable, good quality, can't be beat!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i like my face looking fawless my based makeup routine does not stay simple at all. i use toner, moisturizer, eyecream(i have very dry skin), then sun block mixed with primer/primer with spf, then concealer, liquid foundation/cream foundation then setting powder/loose powder then highlighter, contouring powder and stuff. i dont have bad skin, i have dry but clear skin, i recently had break out first tim in my life( i figured a primer i brought from japan broke me out) so i am very fussy about my skin condition for the very first time. but as i have redness and yellow undertone, i am not happy with foundation that is too sheer to stay.
    in terms of stay power it is just simply the best, literally. i tried EL double wear light, givenchy photogenic(best finish evern, but i got the wrong shade) some other DS liquid foundation too. but nothing beats revlon CS staying power.it does not transfer or budge through out the day. when i am back home at 10p.m it still look quite comparable to 9a.m when i put it on. the only tiredness i can notice on my face comes from the bloodshot in my eyes.
    i wear EL in shade #!, wear MAC in NC 15in winter and 20 in summer and i got this in buff, which matches me perfectly, i do not see difference between my face and my neck right now in august. i guess if i still use this in winter i may use a some luminating base or corrector or even lighter powder to fix the small hue difference.
    about the finish, it is not as great as i expected. i don't know how others define "satin" or "dewy" , but my skin looks quite dull with it. at first i thought it may due the matt finish it delivers but when i looked at the bottle again i see gray cast in it. i don't think i wronged it, it has gray tones in it. it is quite yellow which is good as i am Asian but "gray"?really?maybelline pure makeup has grey tones to it too, but it is much worst then Relvon CS as that was pink too...neutrogena healthy skin foundation in buff is more golden and darker. but it tends to look better through out the day, better than you first applied it, weird but true.
    coverage: eh...i applied it with a dampened sponge and i had concealer underneath,i get sheer-to-medium coverage. didn't people say it is a full coverage?if it were because of the application method, how did i successful get full coverage with YSl or givenchy photogenic which aren't supposed to be full coverage.so according to my harsh standard in terms of coverage, it is at most medium.
    it is so thick compared to the actual coverage i got. it is the thickest i have ever tried.but i was pleasantly surprised it didn't not accentuate flakes and dryness.
    it is a bit too matt for me. it is not satiny or anywhere near healthy dewy. it is matt to the point that you can rate your other foundation according the matt-ness using it as a 100%standard.but it also absorbs oil like dream so i dont need to worried about touch-ups.but i prefer more "photogenic" or "luminous" finish when i look at the mirror. but this foundation looks good in picture i didnt look like a ghost.
    overall i have such a mixed feeling. it has its strengh-staying power and oil absorbing, but i dont like the finish that much by itself considering it is greyish and dull.it is not masky for me as i wear the perfect shade but i can see how wrong it looks if it werent.
    i will repurchase it as it is a good product overall. but i might have to work on primer/base or luminating powder to tone down the matt finish and make it more healthy looking
    EDIT: does anyone agree that it smells like ink/paint?it is disgusting

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by obsessedmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would give a the Original Revlon Colorstay a 5 but the new formula with SoftFlex leaves my skin feeling oily/greasy. I have been using Colorstay since junior high (about 14 years ago).
    The Original Colorstay actually stayed on well and didn't feel like a mask. The new Colorstay with Softflex feels like a Mask!!! please Revlon bring back the Original formula!! Softflex would be better for the Dry/Normal skin, its not good in the Combination/oily product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by sheridanf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product was okay at first. I've been using it for about 5 days or so and my skin is completely broken out. I never had breakouts really bad until now. My skin doesn't look anything like it usually does. I wouldn't recommend this product at all. I wanted to love it because it did have great coverage and a great color but breaking out is a huge NO

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Orientexpress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Not impressed. The thick texture does provide good coverage, but it made my face look like a mannequin's. My skin looked dull and flat. The addition of a cream highlighter helped a bit, but it was still obvious that I was wearing foundation. It took three tries/returns before I found the proper match for my skintone. I think this foundation emphasized my large pores too. I tend to think that people
    with oily skin and large pores avoid a more moisturizing product for fear of making large pores more apparent. I find that a little moisture is helpful because it keeps the skin plump thus minimzing large pores in the same way moisture minimizes wrinkles. I can't say if this is true for everyone with grande pores, but this drying foundation certainly seemed to make mine look worse. If I didn't remove this product with an oil cleanser, it wouldn't come off and would clog my skin. That said, the stayin g power is excellent. In a nutshell, I think that this product is only ok. The coverage is good, but that doesn't necessarily mean it looks good on everyone. EDIT: it's October and I like this much, much better. It balances my skin and the color is a perfect match for my tanless skin. I don't use it all over my face, however as I still think it looks like one is wearing makeup. This is not a look I like for myself. I apply it with a sponge under my eyes, over my lids, and around my nose and mouth. It balances my oily t zone, hides pores and looks fresh for at least eight hours. I use a cream blush when I wear it so it doesn't look so flat. Not HG for me, but I haven't found anything better for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by oyster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Doesn't like the product on my face AT ALL. It breaks me out. Also, it doesn't blend easy on the face - dries too quickly. The smell is horrible - so plastic like. It gives the brush a hard time to be washed off.... I mean normally I'm using MAC Studio Sculpt and I can just clean my brush with soap...but with Colorstay (well, it does what it claims I guess) , only soap won't do! Since I don't want to waste it, I use it on my neck.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Telljackie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dries way too fast! Too thick. Its just ok. Then again, I do not like any drug store cosmetics. I gave it a try based off of other reviews and I don't care for it.