July 23, 2014 | 1633 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by FillerbunnyBuddy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This foundation is definitely high medium-to-full coverage. I find it blends well but the coverage I got did not look very natural. However this is normal because I believe it is very full coverage. This foundation will clog your pores to high heaven, so avoid avoid avoid if you tend to break out if you wear too much makeup or several layers of it. Also, this foundation manages to get on everything. If I barely touch my face, it ends up on my clothes. It is very annoying and something I can't be bothered to deal with on a daily basis. I brokeout quite badly to Revlon Colorstay and I only had it on for 3-4 hours. Quite honestly, I don't believe anyone needs such high coverage, and I have acne! Try out if you must, but not before going out or something, just to make sure. If you have sensitive skin I would also avoid this like the plague. If you're made of tougher stuff, check it out, but I wouldn't recommend this at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 2:29:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with the consensus that this is an excellent drugstore foundation. Provided you can find your shade (always tricky when you can't test ahead of time), this is a good buy. The finish, to me, is matte. It doesn't feel HORRIBLE on the skin but is a little thicker than I generally like; I can feel it on my face. The coverage is good. I like to use this as a spot concealer and then put my HOLY GRAIL AWESOME foundation over it (MUFE face and body).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by purplerain400

I used this as a concealer and it covered well and looked natural. I got the one for dry skin because at the moment my skin is very dry and it went on so well. However, after using it for 4 days I started breaking out and now that I stopped I haven't gotten any blemishes. I would recommend this foundation unless you have acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by ashcam13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love love love this product. I bought it at the drug store but when i got it home i realised i had picked up a few shades too light so I gave it to my mum and forgot all about it, until now. At the time, I was just back from a week in Turkey but now a month later, my tan has faded considerably so i decided to give it another try and im so glad that i did. The colour matches my skin almost exactly. The coverage is next to none as the staying power is amazing. Usually on my lunch break i have to go de-oil my face but not with this at all. My make up looks fresh all day. Defo my new HG product. Only down fall is there is no pump with the bottle which is inconvenient but apart from that, excellent!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2010 6:49:00 AM More reviews by annasounds

hmmmm.... i did like this product before I discovered the coverage I could get with mineral powder foundation. I look back now and think ughhh. That product was so incredibly gross. So heavy, gluggy, ridculously difficult to remove all traces of it too so it ends up clogging your pores... especially if you're wearing it everyday. It does STAY and it gives good COVERAGE but I'd rather not head back there...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by umie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Reading the previous comments I am seriously wondering if I bought the same product!The horrible smell????The heavy coverage???The obvious make-up wearing???What are you all talking about??? I believe it's all about your application technique. You can get a very light to a moderately heavy coverage. I have all the MAC, MUFE, some Estee L, Cinique foundations (powder, liquid). This product is one of the best hands down for a cheaper price. My face doesn't get easily "blurry" anymore because of excessive oil. I do not have to touch up my foundation during the day...some oil blotting and this because I am used to doing it and NOT because I NEED it! Zero break out, I actually break out less!:) Let's not forget that we are all unique. So nothing is supposed to work for everybody. On me, this foundation worked great now who know how your skin is going to be reacting to this?:)

More info:
    I wear/have tried/worn:
    MAC Studio Tech NC50 (tad muddy greyish on me)+MAC Studio Fix 43 (tad reddish/ashy on me),
    MAC Pro Longwear NC50 and NC45 (too pinkish, muddy),
    Nars Sheer Glow in Macao (almost perfect),
    Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Foundation in Rich Ginger and Truffle mixed together (tad ashy),
    MUFE in 175 (HD) too ashy,
    MUFE Face and Body Liquid Foundation in 44 and 18 mixed together (ashy),
    Smashbox in Dark 1 (just ok),
    MAC skinfinish mineralzed in Dark,
    Revlon Colorstay for Combo Oily Skin in 2/3 Caramel and 1/3 Cappucino (best texture/hold of all foundations),
    I also tried Clinique, Chanel and Iman but I can't remember my colors but it was just ok.
    Black Opal in Nutmeg (nice color match but mad transfer).
    Cover Girl Queen Collection Foundation compact in 515 Almond Glow and Liquid in 715 Almond Glow: this is my perfect exact incredible match. It is as if it was custom made. It has the right dose/amount of yellow I can't find in any other high brand. It looks as if I have nothing on.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by prettyascanbe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG foundation for Winter and Spring (I think it would be too heavy for hot hot summer days which I opt for little to no make up). I got it in the combo/oil formula in 300 Golden Beige a perfect match.

I swear as crazy as this sounds I think its actually helped clear up my skin(...or I started using it coincidentally as my skin was clearing up on its ow. I'm not sure)

It has awesome coverage and does not rub off, transfer, or even fade. I have worn it through a workout session and crazy hot weather and it stays perfectly intact no easy feat for my EL Double-Wear Foundation.

It does not irritate my skin or break out which is admirable considering that Cetaphil (which is supposed to be great for acne-prone skin)moisturizers irritate my skin and break me out. I love it.Great coverage, lasting power, and suits my sensitive acne-prone skin, all for a decent price. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by angelamdai

I love this foundation! I have sensitive acne prone skin that is combo oily and it holds up pretty well during the day and does not break me out. I enjoy the 'skin' look it gives me. I use it very sparingly only on places on my face I need the coverage. I love the look it gives my face!
    However cons. 1. The smell. It's tolerable and once it's dry there is no scent 2. No pump. It's a screw top and kind of hard to control how much product you get. 3. You have to work quickly with it because it dries quickly.
    Overall, one of the best foundations out there! Affordable, good quality, can't be beat!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i like my face looking fawless my based makeup routine does not stay simple at all. i use toner, moisturizer, eyecream(i have very dry skin), then sun block mixed with primer/primer with spf, then concealer, liquid foundation/cream foundation then setting powder/loose powder then highlighter, contouring powder and stuff. i dont have bad skin, i have dry but clear skin, i recently had break out first tim in my life( i figured a primer i brought from japan broke me out) so i am very fussy about my skin condition for the very first time. but as i have redness and yellow undertone, i am not happy with foundation that is too sheer to stay.
    in terms of stay power it is just simply the best, literally. i tried EL double wear light, givenchy photogenic(best finish evern, but i got the wrong shade) some other DS liquid foundation too. but nothing beats revlon CS staying power.it does not transfer or budge through out the day. when i am back home at 10p.m it still look quite comparable to 9a.m when i put it on. the only tiredness i can notice on my face comes from the bloodshot in my eyes.
    i wear EL in shade #!, wear MAC in NC 15in winter and 20 in summer and i got this in buff, which matches me perfectly, i do not see difference between my face and my neck right now in august. i guess if i still use this in winter i may use a some luminating base or corrector or even lighter powder to fix the small hue difference.
    about the finish, it is not as great as i expected. i don't know how others define "satin" or "dewy" , but my skin looks quite dull with it. at first i thought it may due the matt finish it delivers but when i looked at the bottle again i see gray cast in it. i don't think i wronged it, it has gray tones in it. it is quite yellow which is good as i am Asian but "gray"?really?maybelline pure makeup has grey tones to it too, but it is much worst then Relvon CS as that was pink too...neutrogena healthy skin foundation in buff is more golden and darker. but it tends to look better through out the day, better than you first applied it, weird but true.
    coverage: eh...i applied it with a dampened sponge and i had concealer underneath,i get sheer-to-medium coverage. didn't people say it is a full coverage?if it were because of the application method, how did i successful get full coverage with YSl or givenchy photogenic which aren't supposed to be full coverage.so according to my harsh standard in terms of coverage, it is at most medium.
    it is so thick compared to the actual coverage i got. it is the thickest i have ever tried.but i was pleasantly surprised it didn't not accentuate flakes and dryness.
    it is a bit too matt for me. it is not satiny or anywhere near healthy dewy. it is matt to the point that you can rate your other foundation according the matt-ness using it as a 100%standard.but it also absorbs oil like dream so i dont need to worried about touch-ups.but i prefer more "photogenic" or "luminous" finish when i look at the mirror. but this foundation looks good in picture i didnt look like a ghost.
    overall i have such a mixed feeling. it has its strengh-staying power and oil absorbing, but i dont like the finish that much by itself considering it is greyish and dull.it is not masky for me as i wear the perfect shade but i can see how wrong it looks if it werent.
    i will repurchase it as it is a good product overall. but i might have to work on primer/base or luminating powder to tone down the matt finish and make it more healthy looking
    EDIT: does anyone agree that it smells like ink/paint?it is disgusting

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by obsessedmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would give a the Original Revlon Colorstay a 5 but the new formula with SoftFlex leaves my skin feeling oily/greasy. I have been using Colorstay since junior high (about 14 years ago).
    The Original Colorstay actually stayed on well and didn't feel like a mask. The new Colorstay with Softflex feels like a Mask!!! please Revlon bring back the Original formula!! Softflex would be better for the Dry/Normal skin, its not good in the Combination/oily product.