September 23, 2014 | 1145 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by thisgirlnga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was perusing MUA when I saw a review of this foundation. I remembered years ago when a former coworker of mine told me that this was the only foundation that kept her extremely oily skin at bay. So after reading all the reviews I was off to find my perfect shade in this foundation. My initial reaction when I first applied it with a sponge was that it was very runny but dried up quickly, so I had to brush it on quickly. I normally get oily within 2 hrs of my makeup application, but this combined with my Murad oil control mositurizer made my skin look amazing! I was oil free for most of the day, and when I did start to llok oily, it wasnt that nasty oily slick I was getting before, it was a nice dewy glow almost! For someone who is as acne prone and oily as myself, I would most definately reccomend this product. I'm an NC35 and I wear the Golden Beige.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by sweetcolors

Ok, I think its safe to write a review now that I've used this foundation for over a year. My shade is 400 caramel in the normal/dry range. I put a little moisturizer (Cethapil) on my face than follow up with Iman undercover agent primer. I then let that sit for a couple minutes. Now I have to admit that this foundation can be cakey; and it used to be a little too cakey for my personal taste. However, I really love this foundation (because of the coverage and its long-lasting durability - and it doesnt oxidize!) so I could never bring myself to get rid of it. Now I use Mark Mist opportunity and I am happy to say that it GREATLY reduces the cakiness that some people may experience. After, I let the primer sit for a couple minutes, I then spray my face with the Mark Mist- a few pumps will do. I then spray my brush (sigma f80 flat top). I then apply the foundation (work in smaller sections because it does dry fast). After I do that I spray my face again (1 pump) than add my concealer (coastal scents camouflage concealer pallete). Once I do that then I spray again with Mark Mist. I notice that the finish is not cakey and that it becomes like my second skin. I also do not have to blend as much as I used to before. Mark Mist fixed the problem for me. Believe me, I tried mixing it with moisturizer, water, other foundations but it was still a little too cakey. So Mark Mist was a godsend lol.

All in all, I really, really wish there was a pump. The spout can get messy and you will pour out more than you wish so you have to be careful.

Now, when it is time to wash it off my face (and my brushes) I noticed that regular cleanser or soap will not do. Maybe for other people but not for me. Revlon colorstay is something serious when it comes to staying on your skin! So what I do is use extra virgin olive oil (any brand) and slather it on my face. I than massage it for about a minute. Than I use warm water (as warm as I can stand) and start splashing my face. I couldnt believe the amount of debris and foundtion I saw floating in my sink. I was disgusted :) After that, then I follow up with my cleanser to wash off the slight film/residue that may be left on my skin from the oil. Than splash my face with cold water and call it a night!

Hope this helped.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by dollfaycexo

I've heard a lot of good things about this foundation, so I decided to give it a try.
    First of all, this doesn't have a pump. Do I even need to explain why that's bad?
    Second of all, this SMELLS. Like chemicals. It's disgusting.
    Coverage is good, but it feels sooo heavy on my face and it just looks cakey, even if I use a little bit of water on my face.
    It was about $13 dollars. Total waste of my money.
    I will not repurchase this ever again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Okaymichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Everyone always raves about this stuff so I figured I would try it since it's not expensive... Honestly, worst mistake I've ever made. It broke me out around my mouth and I barely ever get break outs. I thought it was just me but it happened to 2 other of my friends who also tried this product and when I switched foundations my breakouts started clearing up. However, even though it broke me out, it gave me great coverage and kept my skin matte for quite a while without touch ups which is rare skin I have oily skin hence the reason for 3 stars. So I guess if you don't really break out buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by cosmopolitan1930

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation! I like how it goes on and blends and covers what ever I need to cover. I got it in the buff beige shade/ combo skin and it works great! I give it a 4 on packaging quality because I wished it had a pump, but that won't keep me from buying it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by people52005

After all the raved reviews on this foundation, I decided to try this product. I have used liquid foundations in the past but my face always ended up greasy after 2 hours. I bought this in the oily/combination formula as my t-zone area can become slightly oily. I bought it from superdrug's for £12 in the mahoghany shade. Unfortunately, when I got home and tried it on, it was too dark for my skin and the undertones were too grey. However, the day I tried it on, even though it was a very hot day, the foundation stayed flawless and I was outside for 10 hours. Even after I excercised, the foundation looked fresh, flawless and natural. It also has a nice perfume scent. The consistency is quite thin and runny; similar to mac studio fix. You have to blend in quickly becuase it dries fast and you will be left with streaks. I used my fingertips to apply it. There is no pump so you have to be careful that you don't pour too much to avoid wastage. Even though the shade I bought was too dark, it is the best liquid foundation I have ever tried. In the UK, the only shade they sell for black women is in the mahoghany shade but I'm sure the caramel or cappacino shade would've suited my skin. I advise you to buy mini testers from eBay for around £1.50 so you don't end up wasting £12! Also, the foundation is transfer resistant and it doesn't go onto my tissue when I blow my nose!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by beautybygrace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Favorite go-to foundation. Use with primer and fingers for low to medium coverage. Use w/a foundation brush for full coverage. Lasts all day. Love, love that it does not transfer. You don't have to worry about it getting on your clothes or other people's if you hug someone. I use the caramel for oily skin. This is a good match for me. I want to use the caramel for dry skin but it is too light. It can be found at walmart for $10 or less.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by FillerbunnyBuddy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This foundation is definitely high medium-to-full coverage. I find it blends well but the coverage I got did not look very natural. However this is normal because I believe it is very full coverage. This foundation will clog your pores to high heaven, so avoid avoid avoid if you tend to break out if you wear too much makeup or several layers of it. Also, this foundation manages to get on everything. If I barely touch my face, it ends up on my clothes. It is very annoying and something I can't be bothered to deal with on a daily basis. I brokeout quite badly to Revlon Colorstay and I only had it on for 3-4 hours. Quite honestly, I don't believe anyone needs such high coverage, and I have acne! Try out if you must, but not before going out or something, just to make sure. If you have sensitive skin I would also avoid this like the plague. If you're made of tougher stuff, check it out, but I wouldn't recommend this at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 2:29:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with the consensus that this is an excellent drugstore foundation. Provided you can find your shade (always tricky when you can't test ahead of time), this is a good buy. The finish, to me, is matte. It doesn't feel HORRIBLE on the skin but is a little thicker than I generally like; I can feel it on my face. The coverage is good. I like to use this as a spot concealer and then put my HOLY GRAIL AWESOME foundation over it (MUFE face and body).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by purplerain400

I used this as a concealer and it covered well and looked natural. I got the one for dry skin because at the moment my skin is very dry and it went on so well. However, after using it for 4 days I started breaking out and now that I stopped I haven't gotten any blemishes. I would recommend this foundation unless you have acne prone skin.