Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 7/17/2008 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Holy cow this is an amazing mascara, I waited for
weeks for this to come to canada and I'm so glad I bought it!
When you first see it the packaging is eyecatching and very cute.
You won't see any other mascara as bright as this! haha.
When you first open it you get a strong scent of roses, almost
like a strong floral perfume in a way. It bothers alot of people but
I don't mind it, the brush is huge. You don't have to wipe off the
acess with this mascara like you do with others, because the perfect
amount is already on the brush! All you need is three coats and you
eyelashes that look like false eyelashes! I always get asked if their
fake or not with this mascara on. I'm the type of person who needs
to curl their eyelashes religiously. and this mascara, holds it well, i just
need to use the old hairdryer trick. but overall, my new HG for now. :)

on 7/17/2008 6:52:00 PM

I'm writing this review on behalf of my 15 year old daughter.....cuz she fell in love with it as soon as she saw the funky colored tube!!!

She has long lashes naturally, puts a coat of Colossal on and she is good to go!!! The Glam Black shade really makes her lashes and hazel eyes POP!!!! It lasts long and doesn't flake!!!

So...what was supposed to be MY mascara and review ended up to be hers!!!

Totally worth the 4.99 I paid for at Walgreens! She loves it best out of all the Maybelline mascaras...she was using Full 'n Soft!!

The rose smell isn't all that bad...it faded quickly for her...she WOULD have complained if it smelt really terrible!!

Give this stuff a try!!

on 7/17/2008 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

ok, I wish this smelled as good as fake roses! but, it does make a pretty much perfect lash in two swipes. It can be ultra-naturale, or vampy, if you want to work it. By the end of the day, my long, naturally up-curved lashes sag slightly under the weight of this. However, I simply can not be bothered to comb mascara, or kink my lashes- mascara must do it all and snappy!. The color 'Glam-Black'? its black. They haven't re-invented black, or anything. Cheap and lovable, the exact opposite of my lash-blast experience..

on 7/17/2008 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I know, yet another great review for the product. I realize that peoples' biggest problem so far with this product is the smell, which I also smelled the first time I took the brush out of the tube. Yeah, it smells like fake roses. I typically don't apply my mascara under my nose to draw on a fake moustache, though, so it's not a big deal (well... maybe once or twice, but just to make my roommate laugh). If anything, the smell only worries me marginally because I know it's either added fragrance or a reaction of chemicals. This stuff does what it says it's going to do, and I love it for that. I also don't care for big brushes on mascara, but this one I can get nice and clean and doesn't get any product on my eyelid. It passes through my greasy-faced twelve hour days like a champ- no flaking at all! I also find that I don't have as difficult a time removing this mascara before bed as I've had with others. Ten outta ten.

on 7/17/2008 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

overall, i like this mascara. i put a few coats on without letting it dry in between coats and was immediately disappointed. i couldn't see anything. so i decided to let it dry between coats and it was much better that way. it did make my lashes look long and thick. i don't know if any mascara has ever blown me away but this is definitely nice and i would repurchase. i guess i will mention this does have a pretty strong scent but scents don't bother me, but if scent bothers you, this is more than likely not the mascara for you.

on 7/17/2008 12:20:00 PM

I love this mascara. I got it in the glam black i think? its wonderful.. and i do smell the scent that everyone keeps talking about but it doesnt both me. I use this and lash blast love them both but i think this one makes me lashes look fuller and more intense. Lashblast is my daytime mascara

on 7/16/2008 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara stuck out to me since it came in a bright yellow tube. I liked that it did give volume without a lot of coats but what I liked best about it is that my lashes stayed soft and the mascara didn't flake off. I'd get it again.

on 7/16/2008 4:46:00 PM

I finally gave in to trying "the Colossal" mascara by Maybelline only to be disappointed by the price and the fact that the product did not deliver what it promises. I have straight lashes and use the Shu Uemura lash curler to get a nice curl. This mascara removed the curl. My lashes looked thin (yes, long) and straight. I can't deny I love the intensity of the Glam Black color but it's not worth the price. I think Maybelline should've left good enough alone. My favorite mascara is a tie between the Volum' Express Waterprooof and the Maybelline Lash Stylist Waterproof. This Colossal is going back.

on 7/15/2008 8:47:00 PM

I had a hard time finding this, and finally bought it online. I was really excited to get it (man, I need a life!), and wasn't disappointed at all. First, I LOVE the yellow and black tube. It makes me smile and cheers me up. Secondly, the mascara itself is wonderful. My lashes look very dark, long, dramatic and noticeable. So far, I haven't had much trouble with clumping and none with smudging. I think it smells like fake rose-scent, so it doesn't bother me at all. For now, my favorite mascara.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have used everything volume and eyelash related that drugstores have to offer and after much testing and searching, this is my HG. Lash blast really didn't excite me that much and it's a little bit more expensive than Colossal where I live (Colossal is only $6 at walmart or target). It gives volume, no clumps, no flaking, no smudging and it holds a curl. I don't know what the difference is supposed to be between classic and glam black (Black is black right?) but I bought the glam black and it's certainly black lol. The smell actually doesn't even bother me, it's kind of floral and I only notice it when it's just out of the tube. The tube is entertaining in itself and it's impossible to lose in a makeup bag with that neon yellow color. I will definitely buy this again, and again, and again...

Popular Mascaras