L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

I purchased the trial pack which is a great idea & I wish more foundation lines offered this. (They're great for travel even if you don't like the makeup inside). I did find a good colormatch, but I didn't care for the foundation at all. It felt like it was sitting on top of my skin. I do not have acne or scarring so I'm not sure how well it would cover those problems- but overall I was not impressed.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried this foundation months ago, and shall be reciting this review from memory. The color match is great -- it's hard finding makeup to match my pinkish undertones. The quality is poor. It feels like you're wearing a mask. It is very obvious I'm wearing make-up with this on. I have oily skin, and all this does is make me look like a grease ball with face paint. It's staying power is absurd, as well.
I bought Revlon's Colorstay, and though the colormatch isn't as great, I much prefer it's matte coverage. I will not be repurchasing True Match, though I had such high hopes for it.

continued >>

I purchased the trial pack, just so I could try it out without committing myself to the entire bottle. I have to say I really like that they offer this (more d/s brands should do this), and the texture was really nice, but it broke me out, and for that reason I have to give it a low rating. I even had bumps on my cheeks, which I never do, and this was even after I had mixed the foundation w/ lotion to make a tinted moisturizer - i can't imagine what my skin would have looked like if I had used it alone.

I have already bought this foundation once, and repurchased it... I wear N2, I say stick with the neutrals even though I am a cool they seem rather pink. I like how this foundation blends really well, can be applied easily it's not heavy, and also my face does not get skiny from it, keeps my face rather matte throughout the day. I only use this foundation or Maybelliene Unstoppable, which has better packaging definately but does make my face get shiny. This packaging is bad I agree, the foundation always spills out and gets all over the lid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was apprehensive about using this product after reading some of the negative reviews but I thought I would give it a try since I am at my wits end over finding a suitable foundation. First off, I DESPISE the bottle. It is very unhygenic and impossible to get the right about of foundation on my fingers. It wasn't very easy to find a good color match. I used the guide on the display at the drug store and settled for Buff Beige. It is a very close color match but just a bit too dark. I actually think it blends quite well and though it does not provide heavy coverage I can layer it on areas where I need more coverage and it doesn't look cakey. I don't notice any heavy smell from the product and it hasn't had any negative effects on my skin. I will probably repurchase if I do not find anything better.

This made my combo/acne prone skin break out after one use. I got the palest warm shade and it went on bright orange. This foundation was impossible to blend, it was so streaky, chalky and reduced to little orange balls on top of my skin. Very light coverage. I do not recommend this product. It's the last straw for L'Oreal makeup for me.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ok, so I got this product in a trial-sized three pack, too see which match is my 'true match'. In the store there is a mirror and a see-through piece of plastic w/ all the colors on it and your true match is the shade that disappears on your face. Mine was W2. I always thought i was warm leaning neutral. I got the three pack and went home and tested all three shades on my jawline (directions from the back of the package). The cool one was so pink that it showed up like liquid blush on me (lol), the warm one was barely visible, while the neutral one was invisible (btw, i got the pack that said 'level 2; fair/ light'). So I found my 'True match':classic ivory, level 2, neutral. I used this on my trouble spots (i'm only 13, so i don't need it on my whole face) and it lasted through the day w/ no weird orangey or pinky spots appearing out of nowhere in the middle of the day (thank god) and when i put it on it was liquid-y put dried to a powder finish on my oily-acne prone skin. Which is what i like. I love the consistency of this and the feel of it on my skin, so to me, this an HG product. I've never been dissapointed w/ L'Oreal : )

This foundation is terrible if you have even the slightest hint of dry skin. It makes your face look like it's covered in little pieces of dead skin. Yuck! The color match is great but it's unwearable for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I thought this was a decent foundation. The color match was great. You already have to have nice skin to be able to wear this foundation because if you have dry acne prone skin like I do, it accentuates everything! It reallly made dryness noticable. It looks great when I'm having a nice skin day though!

Awful! When I first tried this foundation on in the store, I noticed some dry(ish) areas around my chin and nose. The colour was a great match for me (I matched W2) so I bought it and thought perhaps I needed to exfoliate a little more in those areas before applying. I do like the texture and feel of this foundation -- really remarkable! Unfortunately, it emphasizes every single fine line and pore on your face -- NOT a good look. As well, any little area of dryness you may have is then spotlighted by this foundation. Finally, it has zilch staying power -- mine wore off in about an hour and a half.