L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 3/3/2005 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Wanted to like it but ended up hating it. I've tried three shades (in Neutral, Cool and Warm) and none are right. The finish is dry and fake looking. The bottle is impractical and spill-prone. It just looks like makeup sitting on top of the skin.

on 3/2/2005 11:06:00 AM

I like this foundation a lot. I use it when I want a little more coverage. It offers great coverage without adding oily-ness or making me break out. I've also found that the Cappucino color exactly matches my skintone, which is great. The bottle sucks, though. It would not travel well and can get quite messy with pouring the foundation out.

on 2/28/2005 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far I like this. I hate the bottle though, so I poured it into a MAC bottle with a dropper top that I got at the Pro Store.
Depending on the light in the store, I can see that this has a pink iridescence about it (like MAC's Hyperreal) but it doesn't show up on your skin at all.
I find I do have to blend quickly but I like the finish. Not too dewy and not dry matte, but more satin matte. I'm on the look out for a nice finishing powder but in the meantime I've been using MAC Studio Fix over top and it's been working really well for me.
The colour range is good, though somehow I still seem to be ideally between two shades. I use Sand Beige Quickstick, so I went with the Sand Beige True Match (W5). It's a bit darker than my skintone (and the Quickstick of the same name), but I self tan, so it works ok. W4 seemed a bit peachy and some of the N colours seemed a bit olivey or ashy... (Or is it just the drugstore lighting that seems to throw everything off!)
So far, so good! This could become my new staple.
Edit: Ok, I've gone back and forth on this for some time now.. maybe my skin is changing but this just isn't working for me as much as I wanted it to. I find after a while it seems to just disappear and/or get shiny/oily. I have normal skin (not break out prone, not dry, maybe slightly oily t-zone) but even with a primer and setting powder it doesn't last. I'm going to give MAC Pro Longwear a try.

on 2/28/2005 5:53:00 PM

The first time I tried this, I picked a cool color and I think it was C3, but then i found that was definitely not the right color, so now I use N2. It is literally a true match...it is my exact skintone. This is a pretty good formula, not drying and matte enough for my liking. I just hope that the next shade darker will work when i get a tan this summer. a definite repurchase for me.

on 2/24/2005 7:13:00 PM

I like this alot it evens out my skin tone very well, and it stays out all day. The only complaint i had was that is doesnt cover imperfections very well. definatly a repurchase worth every cent, but i got it as a swap but i will rebuy

on 2/24/2005 8:37:00 AM

I bought the neutral Ivory (the lightest shade). Typically even the lightest shade is still a little dark on me, but not True Match. I looked like a ghost. I was difficult to blend (with your fingers or with a brush). It streaked, it settled in lines, and it emphasized dry patches. I hated the bottle. The bottle is little with a small opening at the top. You either have to pour out (potential mess), use your finger (not very hygienic), or dip a Q-tip in it. There's no sunscreen (granted I use a sunscreen under my makeup any way, but it would be nice to have one just in case you forget or for quick application days). When I was applying with my foundation brush, it looked like I latex paint. Can you tell I hated it?

on 2/20/2005 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really liked this product. Gave good coverage and felt so beautiful on my skin!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Does not wear well on my oily skin. Seems to make my pores appear larger.

on 2/20/2005 3:17:00 AM

I got this in W4 (light/med asian with yellow undertones). I used Maybelline's Tru blend and it gave me a white and pink finish so I was a bit skeptical about True match. After giving it a test run during the day I have to say this is probably my HG foundation. Its summer here and I'm normally oily by the end of the day. This foundation dries to a powdery finish and you have to work quickly because it dries pretty fast. I found it balled up a little after a few minutes of applying it on my skin - but that doesn't concern me. I can understand why some pple say it turned orange on them but I'm glad that didnt happen to me. It stays matte for a few hours but if you don't use blotting tissue or re-apply powder you will become oily. The packaging is terrible - small glass vial but thats probably why its cheap-ish (AUS25). It's very runny but it gives a medium coverage with decent staying power. I didnt find it heavy but it takes a strong cleanser to remove it from your face. Also, it is true what everyone is saying - moisterise and exfoliate before you use this because it does accentuate dry patches. I used this inconjuction with my Bloom loose powder in Honey and finished with a dusting of MAC blot powder in medium. I will purchase W3 for winter. I'm very impressed with this product. UPDATE: Been using this for a week now. PURRRFECT! No breakouts, good staying power, great colour and makes me glow! UPDATE 2: Its been 6 months and this foundation seperates on my skin after 3hrs. I have to blot and reapply powder or else I am shiny and cakey looking. *sign* I really loved it.

on 2/18/2005 12:24:00 PM

I purchased C1(supposedly for people with pink undertones). I liked it at first but then it turned orange. There's no pink in it at all. It's a good foundation, it's colors just aren't right.

Video Reviews & Tutorials