Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [REFORMULATED]

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion  [REFORMULATED]

2.7

Ingredients water ~Glycerin ~sesame oil ~(cucumber) fruit extract~ barley extract (sunflower) seedcake ~glyceryl stearate ~lanolin alcohol ~petrolatum ~FD
This product has been reformulated as Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ Please find reviews for this product here:

on 4/20/2003 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff works OK on my heels and elbows at bedtime but I'll never put it on my face again! It's WAY too greasy and made my face break out!

on 4/19/2003 3:54:00 AM

OK, so this stuff isn't perfect. Or dramatically different. Or even a little different. But I think it has its purpose in a makeup bag as long as it doesn't cause breakouts and as long as it isn't on someone with oily skin--especially since Clinique has tried to shove this down our collective throats. I like to use DDML especially for makeup application, mainly to turn lip colors into sheer blushes by dabbing some DDML onto my cheeks and blending in the color.

So, anyway, this isn't a perfect product and has no truly "special" qualities, but I find uses for its specific texture (yes, it's a bit greasy but absorbs well into my combination skin, especially over foundation) in my makeup routine.

on 4/17/2003 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

The first clue as to how good DDML is, should be how Clinique basically throws it at you for free. I find it suprising that anyone actually ever needs to buy a bottle!
The name is wacky,When you consider what kind of moisturizers are on the market today, that ARE dramatically different. Whenever I get a bottle of it, I use it on my feet, and that's only if I'm out of my GOOD foot stuff.
I bet you that Clinique makes the lotion that you get in Hotel rooms!The bottem line is this: this product has no special powers or properties, it's good for dry patches but will likely clog pores, even for us dry-skinned girls.
PS, on principle, I wont buy anything from Clinique because I'm mad at them for the 3-step program!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff. Unilke some lotions that leave a thick level of greese on my face, this gives my usually oily skin the right amount of moisture (without breaking me out). My skin ends up looking fresh and dewy- the way a Spring chicken's should. :P

on 4/11/2003 12:35:00 AM

My holy Grail Moisturizer! It is GREAT for DRY SKIN! People always stop and tell me I have beautiful skin (if they only knew lol)

on 4/9/2003 9:29:00 PM

Way too oily and greasy. Not very good at all.

It was moisturizing, but a tad too oily. However, the biggest problem was that it gave me a rash after using it for a few days. The same thing happened to my friend, but the packaging says "hypoallergenic", so...?

Will not repurchase.

on 3/31/2003 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The saleslady told me this lotion is very special, has some compositon that very close and similar as the natural oil of our skin.
I found it greasy and greasy with weird smell only. I had got a few acnes after using it for ONE night.
Luckily I bought a starter set only.
For God's sake.

on 3/30/2003 2:13:00 PM

It isnt so bad but it really depends on your skin type.. i have combo skin and i broke out a little (i didn't know it was from this) but when i use it in my dry aread is does moisturise. and the instructions DO say "use where skin feels dry" so if you are complaing about it, i think you should read the instructions before griping about this

on 3/29/2003 5:56:00 PM

I was a faithful user of DDML for about 2 years. Initially, when I started using it, it improved my very dry skin. However, over time I started to break out, and I could not figure out why. I went to get a facial, and the spa technician told me that it was probably the DDML and that it was one of the worst moisturizers out there. Since then I've been using Pevonia Sensitive Skin Creme and my skin has completely cleared. This moisturizer is not worth the money and there are many other moisturizers out there that are better and cheaper (however, I like other clinique products).
Paula Begoun also rips this moisturizer, so I have the experts on my side.

Popular Moisturizers