July 22, 2014 | 2078 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2003 5:04:00 PM More reviews by nastycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to use this all the time, and really liked it. Since then, I have moved on to treatment-type creams that are dramatically different (MDForte, CDLM, Neova cp etc). still, I like this cream, esp for "watering" down a too-strong foundation, or mixing with a cream blush to make it easier to apply. it's been good for my dry skin

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2003 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Stellam

Utter CRAP! The only thing different is the price! It's WAY more costly than it should be.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2003 8:39:00 PM More reviews by kitsap

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff works OK on my heels and elbows at bedtime but I'll never put it on my face again! It's WAY too greasy and made my face break out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2003 3:54:00 AM More reviews by lelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

OK, so this stuff isn't perfect. Or dramatically different. Or even a little different. But I think it has its purpose in a makeup bag as long as it doesn't cause breakouts and as long as it isn't on someone with oily skin--especially since Clinique has tried to shove this down our collective throats. I like to use DDML especially for makeup application, mainly to turn lip colors into sheer blushes by dabbing some DDML onto my cheeks and blending in the color.

So, anyway, this isn't a perfect product and has no truly "special" qualities, but I find uses for its specific texture (yes, it's a bit greasy but absorbs well into my combination skin, especially over foundation) in my makeup routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2003 10:59:00 AM More reviews by sahmu4ia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The first clue as to how good DDML is, should be how Clinique basically throws it at you for free. I find it suprising that anyone actually ever needs to buy a bottle!
    The name is wacky,When you consider what kind of moisturizers are on the market today, that ARE dramatically different. Whenever I get a bottle of it, I use it on my feet, and that's only if I'm out of my GOOD foot stuff.
    I bet you that Clinique makes the lotion that you get in Hotel rooms!The bottem line is this: this product has no special powers or properties, it's good for dry patches but will likely clog pores, even for us dry-skinned girls.
    PS, on principle, I wont buy anything from Clinique because I'm mad at them for the 3-step program!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2003 12:38:00 AM More reviews by PrincessAmina83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. Unilke some lotions that leave a thick level of greese on my face, this gives my usually oily skin the right amount of moisture (without breaking me out). My skin ends up looking fresh and dewy- the way a Spring chicken's should. :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2003 12:35:00 AM More reviews by TaraJean75

My holy Grail Moisturizer! It is GREAT for DRY SKIN! People always stop and tell me I have beautiful skin (if they only knew lol)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2003 9:29:00 PM More reviews by funkergirl

Way too oily and greasy. Not very good at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2003 10:57:00 AM More reviews by sandymontreal

It was moisturizing, but a tad too oily. However, the biggest problem was that it gave me a rash after using it for a few days. The same thing happened to my friend, but the packaging says "hypoallergenic", so...?

Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2003 12:54:00 AM More reviews by annelau

The saleslady told me this lotion is very special, has some compositon that very close and similar as the natural oil of our skin.
    I found it greasy and greasy with weird smell only. I had got a few acnes after using it for ONE night.
    Luckily I bought a starter set only.
    For God's sake.