Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 9/6/2010 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this foundation! It matches my skin perfectly and doesn't make my dry skin look dryer. It's pricier then most drugstore foundations, but less expensive then department stores and works just as good. I say give it a try, it's worth it! :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Gives nice flawless, smooth coverage.

on 9/6/2010 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have been in a love/hate relationship with this foundation for almost 1 year now. I struggled with finding my color match for a long time. I am a NW50 at MAC. With this foundation, I 1st went with 410 Cappucino, this was way to light (around a NW45), then I tried the next shade up at the time 450 Mocha, this was waaaaayyyyy too dark, (around NW55). Recently Revlon has added some new shades to this foundation, and I finally have a match with 440 Mahogany. This blends seemlessly into my skin, so much to the point, that I totally forget where I put the foundation. Ii looks very natural, a little bit goes a long way. It definately lives up to its name. I work 10-12 hr shifts and it lasts the whole time until I wash it off at the end of the day. I also have very oily skin and usually foundations only last a couple hours on me. It also controls oil also really well. Thank you so much Revlon Colorstay! This foundation is HG for me <3

Update: I have dont use this foundation anymore, it kills me beacuase it did everything that it claimed to do, but I realized, after not wearing this for several weks, and then putting it on, that it breaks me out. I thought I just has bad skin, but come to realize that it was the foundation I was wearing. For me skincare is really important and no make up porduct, no matter how much you love it, is worth ruining your skin, oh well, off to find another HG

on 9/6/2010 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hate this. After trying it for a while it just never worked. Had to trash it. Never again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great foundation! It provides medium to full coverage and blends very easily. I use this quite frequently and I'm always pretty happy with it. The only reason I took a lippie off is because I'm not too sure I like the staying power... After a few hours it seems to disappear and I find myself checking on it and powdering throughout the day. Oh yeah, and the packaging is a little...eh. Overall, it's a great foundation for the price!

on 9/5/2010 12:12:00 AM

I'm 150 Buff for dry skin

I love this foundation. It doesn't transfer, doesn't clog, and (best of all) it doesn't show the dry patches on my skin that some foundations tend to emphasize. I'd say this is a medium coverage foundation, though you can build it up to heavy if you need to. In the few cases when I've gotten breakouts, this foundation has been able to cover them (thin layering is the key for that.)

on 9/4/2010 11:45:00 PM

really awesome! My skin still does get a teeny bit oily, but I have oily skin so what do you expect. But still this foundation is awesome! good coverage! and its not like wet and oily like some foundations were you have to set it with a powder so its not all like gross. thats what i like about it, some people dont like how it drys fast, but I like it, I have extremely sensitive skin so everything i use on my face cant be really like oily (i keep repeated that lol) so this foundations really good! Revlon has amazing products! i would have to say its the best drugstore makeup. I just wish it had a pump:(

I gave this product the ultimate test. I bought it prior to going to Puerto Rico, where it is 90-100 degrees daily. i would apply foundation in the morning and go on with my day not retouching it until probably the evening. It stayed on alllll day, of course maybe it might of rubbed off a little bit, but nothing compared to those other foundations that claim to have an "all day wear" but rub off after 2 hours.. I hiked the rainforest, stayed out in the sun for hours and even swam and the makeup stay put.. of course, when i swam, it did come off a little bit, but all in all, i love this foundation. It can get dry when applying so you have to act fast. i do have to admit though, the packaging is not my favorite. Twice i didnt shut it completely and it spilled everywhere in my mu bag =/ i much prefer Photoready's packaging to this but i can honestly say CS just beat PR by a million.

*UPDATE*
I have stopped using this because i figured out that during winter (i live by lake michigan - which means colder) it totally dries out my skin.. or maybe this doesnt dry it out, but it makes the texture of my already dry skin horrid. Granted, i didnt try out the dry combination formula, since i was ready to try something lighter, but i will discontinue use until the weather gets warmer.. or if i want a heavier coverage..

on 9/4/2010 11:22:00 AM

I bought this product for my engagement, it worked perfectly and saved me from like a frying pan . In spite the fact that i had to wear a sari and a lot of heavy jewelery for my engagement, i did not sweat and my make up remained intact and kept me fresh. The other positive thing about this foundation is that it does not wear off in sunlight nor does it make one look cakey and patchy , which usually happens to people with oily skin.

I would def recommend this product for people who have oily skin and who want a matte finish . Unlike all the other foundations , this one in spite of having SPF does not make me look bright in pictures. The only draw back is that this could get a little cakey , if applied in excess quantity.

on 9/3/2010 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is OK, I am an nw20 and purchased buff in the combination/oily. I only have a few age spots and it does not cover them. My Stila illuminating foundation has more coverage. The only thing I do like is that my skin does not feel wet after application and it does not transfer onto clothing.