November 24, 2014 | 1784 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by doORdye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. I dont know why I didn't try this sooner! Well, actually the reason I never tried it before is because of how the majority of reviews say it sucks because there's no pump, it looks thick and cakey, it's hard to blend, and people have breakout issues. I have to say, I do not agree with any of that! It really doesn't bother me that there is no pump. I find that it actually looks very smooth and natural on me. I have no problems blending it, I actually apply it with my fingers and it blends in beautifully! I've been using it for almost 2 weeks and have not broken out. With my skin, if something is going to irritate it, it would have happened within 2 days. I use the shade 180 Sand Beige. I set it with Too Faced Primed and Poreless loose powder. Also, I use the Combination/Oily version. I find that it helps control oil VERY well. Much better than any foundation or primer I've tried in the last 5 years. Speaking of primers, I do not use one. I use Olay Beauty Fluid in the sensitive version under this. The coverage is really great, I have a few dark spots (post acne marks) on my chin that need covering and this works very well while still looking natural. It does help disguise blemishes, but I still use concealer if I have any blemishes that are really red. Overall, right now I am loving this, and I will continue to purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by str14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really LOVE this foundation. It looks very natural and is by far the best drugstore foundation I have ever tried. I personally think it blends easily ( I use a sponge), and I found the perfect color for me that you can't even tell the difference between my skin and the foundation. I originally bought one shade darker, and got to exchange it. It is a little on the pricey side (about $13) but worth it. I also have extremely oily skin and this lasts me for more than 4 hours without any powder without looking oily. Is also non-transfer, so if you rub it off is gonna be very hard to take it off (use a good makeup remover, just water won't do!). The one thing I absolutely dislike about this foundation is the packaging. I wish it had a pump, because it can get messy fast. But for the quality of the product, the packaging is just a detail. You will really not find anything like this in drugstores, and if you have oily skin, is just heaven. Finally something that works!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by skincareaddict14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ok, this foundation is quite good, i have to be honest though it has its problems. I like this foundation because it stays on all day, and feels really comfortable and hydrating on my skin which is combo/dry. But i found this product REALLY hard to blend in especially with your fingers!And also i got the shade beige, this foundation comes out at least 2 shades darker than it looks, unfortunatly there was no tester at the time! :( bummer! And the price at £11.99 is really overpriced, unfortunatly not worth the money i payed, I was really excited about this review at first...:(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by asiamjr

Recently, I've gone through about 5 different kinds of foundations looking for the right one. My main problem is that by the end of the day my skin is like an oil slick. I have combination skin that is slightly acne prone. With nothing on my skin but moisturizer, it stays pretty non-oily. However, if i wear foundation, sure enough by end of day it is usually pretty oily.

After trying NARS sheer matte, Dior diorskin forever, MUFE HD, smashbox high def healthy fx, and MAC mineralize foundation, I decided all of these expensive products weren't cutting it and went back to using drugstore brands.

I found that revlon colorstay combination/oily in #340 golden caramel is a perfect match for my skin tone and so far has kept my skin matte (but not too matte like MUFE matte can be) and fresh looking. I'm super happy with the product and with the price.

I know there are many complaints about the bottle and lack of pump, but this doesn't really seem to bother me. Maybe towards the end as you use most of the product up, i can see how it could be annoying to get the foundation out...but even with a pump that tends to be the case. Also, people have said that the consistency is too thick and that it looks cakey and unnatural, but i have found the exact opposite to be true on my skin. I also use MAC prep and prime primer beforehand so maybe that helps?

Also, in terms of it causing breakouts...i suspect that maybe the formula just didn't match your skin. I seemed to break out a lot with MAC mineralize foundation. A good skin cleansing routine is key to healthy skin either way and esp for all those using longer lasting foundations. I tend to use a creamier and richer face wash most days. Loreal revitalift radiant smoothing cream cleanser is what i use every other day and in between that i use biore ice wash to prevent acne. 2x times a week i exfoliate with a scrub...right now i'm using garnier skin renew 3 way cleanser. I also recommend st. ive's cream cleanser to remove makeup. Put it on dry skin and then tissue off, use a damp washcloth, or simply wash off and then follow up with a regular foaming cleanser or whichever soap you choose. I get the occasional breakout and my skin has oily tendencies, but having a skin routine has kept my skin really nice otherwise.

I guess my lesson learned here is to try try try every foundation because everyone's skin is so different and don't hesitate to return the makeup if you're not happy with the final product...but luckily my own search is finally over!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by mainly711

I think I'll stick with my Dream Liquid Mousse foundation, because it has a pump and it's like butter on my skin. I don't mean to advertise the product, I just really do personally love it more than this. The revlon NEEDS a pump, and even though the product in the bottle looked a bit darker than my skin in the bottle, it has a gray-ish overcast that does not give me a youthful glow. It's also a little bit to matte for me. Ah well, at least it lasts for a while. (It also kind of smells.) :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 5:24:00 AM More reviews by jaya_1981

This really is the best foundation ever!! My skin looks flawless when I apply it and it stays put all day/night. The only thing I hate is the packaging. Why doesn't it have a pump! And, I dont like the glass bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by myusernameisthecoolest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, this deserves a better rating than I'm giving it. It's a really good coverage foundation that blends easily (although you need to blend fast), and there's also a wide range of colors. I have dry skin and all other foundations, even the dry/combination ones, have showed either patchiness or dry flakes. However, this one does not.
    The reason why I'm only rating this 3 stars though is because it broke me out so badly. I guess it's because I have sensitive skin which is also acne prone. I really wish I could use this foundation, but I can't because of the break out factor.
    And in addition, the bottle could use a pump. You waste so much product the way it's packaged now.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by ElleLeigh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is great if you apply it properly. DON'T apply it with your fingers or a sponge if possible, because they won't be able to spread a little bit a long way with flawless coverage.
    Because this is a very thick formula, if you don't use a brush (you want a stippling brush or a flat topped bronzer/powder brush, not a regular foundation brush) it will not blend out nicely and it will look thick and cakey on your face.
    (And I know some people seem to LIKE this look but it is extremely unattractive to everyone else.)
    I used to use this with my fingers, but in natural light it looked so fake that I ditched this foundation altogether. Then one day I ran out of my clinique, and I tried applying this using a stippling brush and I realised it was actually a very good foundation, as long as you use a very very small amount, one area of your face at a time.
    Even with a brush, if you use too much you will still look cakey. I have skin that is a bit scarred with a decent amount of redness and occasional spots, and all I need is about a water-drop-sized-amount on each cheek, chin and forehead. (One drop on each, not one for my whole face). Then, working in circular motions, I will blend out each area and then blend a little under my jawline.
    This does dry fast, so I recommend taking the amount you need for one section, working on that, then coming back and getting more out for your next section. obviously you need to blend the areas together!
    Also, if you have acne-prone skin, you may need a little more, but don't use so much that you look cakey in natural light. Just use concealer on specific spots that need coverage instead =)
    Hope this helped! =/

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by wandaanabella

Best foundation ever

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by eyeheartyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was only okay. I bought this because all of the hype but I'm not very impressed with it. Normally I don't care if a foundation comes with a pump or not but boy oh boy... this one needs to come with a pump. It's so liquidy and runny. For all my foundations without a pump I just dip a q-tip in the bottle and dab the foundation on my face - no problem, I've never had any issues with dripping or anything with any other foundation, but this one is so runny that twice in a two week period I ended up drops of foundation on my clothes... -_-. And apparently its pretty difficult to get out of your clothes... The coverage is a bit sheerer than I'd like. Overall... I'll slowly use this up and move on. I definitely prefer Photo Ready over this.