Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 9/13/2010 2:21:00 AM

My first liquid foundation. I like it cause its easy to blend, sometimes it makes my face look powdery and have to use a setting spray. I dont like the top cause you sometimes spill too much, it like it if it had a pump. I got mine in Ivory which blends in perfectly, im not sure about the staying power though, i get home from school and it looks like it disappeared. I would rebuy again afetr i experiment more with other foundations but id definately fall back on this one

on 9/11/2010 9:11:00 PM

I have used this product forever until i found the minera makeup. but i still use this when i run out or just need to throw something on my face real quick. wonderful product i liked the stick versionalot better but still all in all i think its a great product for acne prone skin the coverage is great and long lasting

on 9/11/2010 9:05:00 PM

Ok. One lippie for colour match, one lippie for coverage. I have worn this three times now, for 10 hours + each time. Every application I used a different method (fingers, damp sponge, brush) to see if I could get a different result. But this foundation is a fail for me. When I first put it on, I was impressed. It covers well, wasnt too hard to blend, and the colour match was great. But during the day, I looked at myself in a mirror in natural light, and I was horrified. It just looked so...heavy! It does stay on for a full day for me, but I hated looking like I had such heavy makeup on my face. So next time I tried it, I went as sheer as possible. BUT no matter how sheer I tried to layer it, it still looked really heavy!!! I already wear enough makeup as it is (i.e. blush, eyeliner, lipstick)...so I really dont want my foundation to look full on as well. And here in AUS, it was AUD$37.95!!! for a drugstore product, holy...I will NOT be using this again, I simply can't get it to work for me without it making me look like I have three inches of foundation on my face. I tried, I really did. Not a good product (fyi, i used the normal to dry formula in Buff)

on 9/11/2010 8:25:00 PM

deff not my favorite drugstore foundation. the coverage was pretty good but it made my skin really dry, itchy and flaky, but maybe thats just me.

on 9/11/2010 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation since maybe, March? Same bottle too, and it's now September. I generally wear foundation everyday, but during the summer, I wore more mineral makeup due to the heat (I'd sweat everything off anyway). One thing about Colorstay that I like is the shade range. My color is Sand Beige, and it matches my skin tone perfectly, undertone and all. The foundation itself does have fairly good coverage. The lasting power is above average as well. However, my biggest complaint is that this foundation is impossible to remove completely. I have to use makeup wipes, a cleanser, a second cleanser, and then a toner to make sure it's all off my face. Otherwise, my pores are clogged and I'm left with pimples. Still, that hasn't stopped me from using this foundation. I don't think I will repurchase, simply because I'd like to try some other foundations that aren't impossible to remove, but still lasts a fair amount of time.
Would I recommend it? Yes, but with caution.
OH! Forgot to mention--this foundation does tend of cake a little after a couple hours. Then it fades.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this product. My shade is the normal - 400 Caramel. I'm sure I could mix a few shades to get a more perfect color, but once I set it with a tinted powder it's fine.

I wish it came with a pump, because I hate pouring foundation. I think this foundation is worth it's hype considering the price. It is not transfer resistant, so be careful.
I prefer to apply this with a flat top brush! or even a sponge although I have used a stippling (187 brush). I would prefer to use my fingers, but it's more liquid-y than creamy, so that's not always the best option.

on 9/9/2010 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Idk it seems sticky when first applied and accentuates everything it also feels heaavy and uncomfortable and has poor color selection considering im olive yellow in skin tone

I picked this up this week. I will keep it is a HG product now. This is definitely up there with the HE expensive brands. It is miles better than the other DS foundations. I get shiny/oily after an hour or two, and I was super surprised when I put this on at 8am and checked a mirror at 2:30am and still didn't actually have to touch up my face at all with anything. I am extremely fair, and the lightest shade, ivory, is a perfect match. It blends well. There's no pump, and I already had my 4 year old come and knock some over -- just keep the cap on it and you're fine. I didn't notice a smell and it's such a good product I wouldn't mind anyway.

on 9/8/2010 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have tried high end and low end and colorstay is the best. It lasts on my very oily face.

on 9/7/2010 11:11:00 PM

i usually used mufe's hd foundation, nars' sheer matte foundation, or smashbox's hd healthy fx foundation. all of these foundations would last me at most 2 hours of shine free coverage (nars' sheer matte lasted 4 hours of shine free coverage.) i have a very oily t-zone so everything that i put on my face would get oily even though i use a primer. the revlon colorstay foundation controlled my oil production for up to 8+ hours! although the product itself is great the lack of pump and the smell of the product was a turn-off. however the smell goes away after a while and i got used to using it without the pump so all is good.

i usually use the smashbox photofinish foundation primer or mac prep+prime face protect spf 50 and use the elf hd powder or the ysl matte&radiant pressed powder. this and the colorstay combined make an excellent combination.