July 30, 2014 | 1522 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2004 4:56:00 PM More reviews by jsgossamer

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awful stuff. I put it on in the AM and it looked okay. A couple hours later I blew my nose and all the foundation I applied to my nose came off in the tissue. At midday, the foundation had seperated and I could see foundation flecks on my face. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2004 1:47:00 PM More reviews by aztrea

This is a pretty good foundation. I usually have a hard time finding a match but this worked for me. I also love the silky finish!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2004 1:14:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

This is a sheerer version of Lancome's Maquicontrole. It's got the same type of matte finish and it dries just as quickly on the skin. But it's not quite as dry, so people with combo skin (like me) can wear it, too. This one is just okay - evens out my skintone nicely but it's just too sheer and matte for me.

UPDATE 8/1/07 - Three years later and this is exactly what I'm looking for! My skin has cleared up considerably, so I prefer a sheer foundation now. But I still have some oiliness, so sheer and matte is perfect. And Neutral 1 is an absolute, even in the sunlight, perfect match. I have high hopes for this one!

UPDATE 8/28/07 - This is making me break out ;(. So sad. Oh well, try, try again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2004 10:39:00 AM More reviews by JCgirlie

I bought this in classic ivory and so far i'm very happy with it :) the texture is very light and silky. it goes on super smooth and gives good coverage. It does not break me out which is always a plus! I would buy this again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2004 10:04:00 PM More reviews by ZoeMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since they discontinued my Airwear, I've been searching for a replacement. I've always had good luck with L'Oreal with regard to color match -- they tend not to be either too yellow or too pink -- for my very pale, slightly ruddy skin, so I thought I'd give this one a try. All in all I was very pleased. The color match -- N1 (neutral 1) was a great color match, looking very natural. It goes on kind of watery, so I was surprised at the nice sheer-to-medium coverage. It went on smoothly and dried to a good finish, not too glowy not too powdery, and it didn't feel too heavy on my face. It also didn't sink into my fine lines or pores, but smoothed over everything so that my skin looked...pretty. It wore well throughout the day and didn't change colors or slip off my face. I have "mature" (I'm almost 37) oily skin and yet it didn't get too shiney by the end of the day. I do wish it had a sunscreen, a necessity with my pale skin, and I think the bottle looks a little cheap, other than that, I'm happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2004 1:54:00 AM More reviews by bronzedsugar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Definately a grail for me. Lasts all day on my combo skin, great color match, no breakouts. Was at the Chanel counter the other day and the MA complimented me on my skin. A great foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2004 8:24:00 PM More reviews by denisemarie

Sigh...another highly tauted drugstore product I REALLY wanted to like. I am an NC 20/25 with combo skin. The color selection seems impressive. I chose the Nuetral shade "Classic Ivory". Alas, like most drugstore foundations I've tried, this looked and felt way to thick and opaque. Even more sad - the color turned pink !!! Uggh!!

In it's credit, it does have a nice finish, and seems to hold oil in nicely without drying your skin out. But "true match"? Not quite.

Sigh...the search continues.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2004 3:37:00 PM More reviews by colnago

I had high hopes for this foundation, but so far, it has failed to deliver. N2 matches my skin very closely, and it goes on fairly smoothly. However, it quickly dries to a matte finish which makes my skin look heavily made-up. Also, after a few days' use, my skin began to itch and flake which has never happened. No breakouts, but after applying this stuff, I feel like I have poison ivy on my face! Definitely a big disappointment.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2004 1:35:00 AM More reviews by soojkim

Goes on very smooth, very blendable. So far a good drug store brand. Really bad packaging!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2004 12:48:00 AM More reviews by xallxdolledxupx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I definatly reccomend this...if you HATE your skin. It made me break out...and I NEVER break out. I actually have very normal decent skin which people tell me is really nice. But True Match turned it crap after 2 weeks use. I would never buy this again...ever. Its quite expensive, for a drug store item. Dont jump on the super blendable foundation band wagon if you like you skin. I hated this foundation witht he burning intensity of 1000 white hot suns. What I will say for it s that it was light enough to match my super pale skin...but not worth it at all.