L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 1/10/2005 12:35:00 PM

I don't use foundation, but I broke out a little bit, and as it was clearing up I decided to buy this to even out my skin, and take down some of the redness while it heals. The texture is excellent for a drugstore foundation- not a creamy-liquid, light coverage (if you put on little dots like I do, it's very sheer). I haven't broken out since using this, about 5 days, and I'm holding my breath...

Update. I have broken out, sparingly, but still, broken out, since using this product. It took about a week for me to notice the small cysts forming, but they are reared their ugly head now. This foundation goes out the window.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I really like this foundation. I'm not crazy about liquid foundations in general, but they're definitely better than powders (which come off in a matter of minutes), though not as flawless-looking as creme.

I have L'Oreal True Match in "Natural Beige", though I've also tried "Sand Beige". Both do the trick, though I have to apply bronzer over it to match my skin tone. The coverage is medium, but quite even and stays through the day. I don't mind medium coverage so long as it *stays* and doesn't come off. With my MAC bronzer, which I can't live without, this creates an overall even, golden look for me. Best of all is that it's easy to apply-- it blends into my nice effortlessly and seems to dry into a matte configuration. I only gave this a 4 because it's only medium coverage, but other than that I'm impressed. Will buy again.

on 1/3/2005 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is probably one of the worst feeling foundations I have ever tried. I gave it 2 lippies because of the color, it did match really well. But, I can't get over the greasy look this gave my DRY skin.

on 1/3/2005 1:47:00 AM

true match my ass! (pardon my french. . .) I bought one of those sample packs (includes three shades) in every color even resembling my skin tone and each one still looked unnatural. For reference, I have fair skin with yellow undertones, dark brown eyes and hair. I like the concept here, but I have yet to find a drugstore (or department store in many cases) foundation that blends in naturally with my skin. Maybe i am just blessed with truly odd colored skin! Anyways, even if I had found an appropriate color, I still would not endorse this foundation because I thought the finish was disgusting--pasty and masklike even with agressive blending. No thanks.

on 1/1/2005 8:12:00 AM

I really like this foundation. It blends so nicely. I use N2 and find it to be the best match I've had in a very long time. I just saw they have a pressed powder as well.

on 12/28/2004 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

When it comes to shopping for foundation,i never know how to pick the right color no matter who helps me-but after trying a sample of this stuff in 'creamy natural' i was impressed-it matched me almost perfectly! i took off a lippie cuz i didnt like the foundation itself for some reason,but the color is just too perfect for me so i will repurchase

on 12/23/2004 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like it alot - wanted to share my experience with the colors. I am a cool, and started with C1. It was too light and made me look ghosty. Like alot of people have mentioned, I thought C2 looked way too pink and dark in the jar, I thought there is no way, and was going to try N1. But on a 2 for price of one offer, I tried both N1 and thought what the hell, I'll try C2 too. C2 is great - it does have a slight pink base but nowhere near how dark and pink it looks in the jar. I can't say it will match you, but just wanted to let everyone know it isn't as bad a color as it looks if you are considering it.

I'm not too impressed with L'Oreal True Match. The L'Oreal website recommended N5 for me, but N5 is way too dark! I would just try a lighter shade, but it doesn't blend well at all! It goes on streaky as hell! You also have to layer this on a few times if you want good coverage. And last, but not least, it takes forever to wash this off your face because it doesn't budge whatsoever! I had to swipe my face with my toner at least five times to get all this foundation off!! Note: This was AFTER washing my face! Even Jane Oil-Free Foundation is better (and cheaper) than this! I'm taking this crap back to CVS!!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I loved this foundation. It wasn't perfect, it was pretty thin, but I sweat a lot and the thin consistency (spelling) helped me out in the summer. The color was a pretty good match, but I've had to blend extra hard for it to look natural.

on 12/17/2004 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I chose this because i have very fair skin and find it difficult to match it. The color match system worked great and i found the perfect shade however i was a little disapointed in the coverage quality. It is a very thin liquid and although it blends well it takes quite a bit to get good coverage. Not sure if i will buy this again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials