August 27, 2014 | 1798 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2004 4:51:00 PM More reviews by sugartucker

A friend told me about this-- after searching for many years for the perfect foundation, I couldn't be happier. Turns out lots of the advice I received on more expensive brands was too theatrical and unnatural. True Match truly matches my neck and skin color-- I don't look made up or washed out! I finally look--well, NORMAL! YAY!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2004 4:15:00 PM More reviews by monetapprentice

Well, I made my hubby buy this for me at Walgreens even though I normally buy everthing on Ebay. After reading some reviews in articles I was super excited to try this.
Point Blank: I am not using this again! And this is coming from a huge make-up optimast. I will even mix a foundation that doesn't work with another one and either moisturizer or powder to MAKE it work.
But I don't even want to try with this one. Although it does have a "melting into the skin" effect when first applied, the powdery finish makes it impossible for me to even use a light powder over it because it creates that chalky nose thing (I have oily skin).
I tried to remidy this by adding a little moisturizer on top, which I can normally do with most foundations. But this one just seems to dissolve even when I just pat or even spritz! So I can't use powder or moisturizer with it!
I'm not a make-up artist, but I am a painter and I approach applying make-up in the same way I paint. I think a medium should be mixable and blendable with thinners and thickeners. This is not an ideal base for the canvas. Ladies you're always better off using a slightly moist foundation with powder or a powder foundation that you can add moisterizer to. The whole liquid powder makeup just gives everyone that fuzzy chalky glow, especially in the sunlight.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2004 4:14:00 PM More reviews by BizzeeMomOf5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I first tried the sample that was in my "O" magazine. It was the wrong color, but I loved the feel of it. I went to Walgreens and got it on the buy one/get one sale. W2/light ivory matches my skin perfectly! I haven't broken out at all and it stays on all day for me. Occasionally I'll touch up with just powder if I am going out in the evening (I'm using L'Oreal Visible Lift Line Minimizing Powder in Light). I'm very, very pleased! Especially since I only had to pay $3.50 a bottle since I go it buy one/get one plus the $2 off coupon from the magazine ad! I will be buying this again when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2004 1:48:00 PM More reviews by hutchlynne

Color is great -- a true match! Very slick feel and super-blendable, which I'm not used to ( I keep putting on too much!). That's probably my only gripe. Product seems sheer based on the feel, but offers medium coverage. I even can use it under my eyes as a concealer! No breakouts at all, but does require mid-day powder to tone down shine on my combo skin. Not a HG, but will do until that comes along.***EDIT*** As summer has come to the humid South, I've decided to ditch this foundation. It's just too light/slick/oily. I don't really have oily skin -- just nose -- but I LOOK like I do now! I never could get used to the odd, slick feel of this product, either. Takes to long to blend, then you've blended it all off! Slides off if you so much as brush your face, too. I'd drop to 2 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2004 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Francesca_S

I generally always use estee lauder foundations but saw this in a magazine and decided to try it. I was pleasantly surprised at it's smooth, medium coverage. It stays on my skin pretty nicely most of the day. I picked a little too dark of color but that wasn't the product's fault.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2004 12:40:00 AM More reviews by MangoJellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

No COVERAGE, no SPF, warm was too orange-y.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2004 6:51:00 PM More reviews by gwentshoe

I think this foundation is average. The color selection is terrific. It provides a medium semi-matte, almost powdery finish. It looked good for a couple hours, but as the day wore on, it seemed every pore on my face was highlighted. Plus, I am not sure if this is oil-free or non-comedogenic. It's a good thing I bought the sample pack because I don't think I would purchase the full size bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2004 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Lisacarmel

This foundation surprised me completely with how great it is on me! First of all the color really is a true match! I used the set up at the drugstore to figure out what would work best and settled on Natural Creme and its a perfect match! The texture of it is so smooth. I was expecting something richer or thicker, and its very liquidy, but that makes it super blendable and almost effortless to blend in. Coverage is good, I would call it between sheer and medium coverage. Lasts most of the day. Im oily so I blot a lot - this stuff is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2004 8:58:00 PM More reviews by catstyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was pleasantly surprised by how smoothly this foundation went on and am very satisfied with how it matched my skin tone. The coverage was even and consistent. I am puzzled by how easily it seems to rub off i.e., blow my nose and the tissue picks up lots of foundation, but the coverage stays the same. I think overall that it's a good value foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2004 3:18:00 PM More reviews by glitterkitteneyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like the texture of True Match! I have mine in Creamy Naturale 03 and liquid does stick to your skin. It also matched my skintone. Im usually a warm, but this works alot.