L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

Im having second thoughts on this foundation. At first, I loved it, but I was very stupid and didn't give the makeup time to do its worst. I see now that C4 is too dark for me, C3 is a perfect color for me, but the formulation is just all wrong. Its way too thick and breaks me out (I had been blaming my poor, defenseless cetaphil! How wrong I was!!). I still hate the packaging and the price is still rediculous for such a mediocre foundation. And the powder still sucks. But the concealer is awesome!

on 3/28/2005 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This has to be the BEST drugstore foundation I have ever tried! I use a W3 for my NC30 skin and find it a GREAT match (note: when I am more pale, a NC25, W2 does not work for me). It really feels like a more expensive foundation (for reference, I am usually into Kanebo, MAC or Estee Lauder): it goes on very smooth, covers VERY well, dries up to a slight powdery finish but doesn't dry out (I never need to use loose powder when I use this). I use a little highlighting powder on top, because it is a little too matte sometimes, and voila! Result: perfect flawless skin. Stays on put for hours, doesn't change color. What more could you ask for a great price???

on 3/27/2005 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

love it love it love it. its had a blendable nature, and is perfect for all the clients i use it on, as a makeup artist i can blend just about anything, and to all those naysayers, your simply bad at applying makeup.

on 3/26/2005 5:13:00 PM

I have similar complaints to the ones already mentioned here. The coverage is heavy and fake looking. It has a very dry finish that is anything but "super blendable". And with such a large color selection, you'd think I could find one that matches. I tried 3 shades and wasn't happy with any of them. With Cover Girl's TruBlend (and the corresponding Max Factor version) the coverage is sheer enough you can get away with a shade that isn't an absolute match. Not the case with this one.

on 3/22/2005 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this foundation with a few caveats. First, it is the first foundation to match my skin color and undertones (and I've tried estee lauder, clinique, MAC and prescriptives, tho not the custom blend of Px). It is light but the coverage is buildable if I want more coverage. It lets my skin shine though while evening things out and hiding redness. I usually mix it with my moisturizer and spread it on and blend a bit at the nose and edges with a sponge for a natural finish. The packaging is terrible though. It results in messiness and wasted product as well as sterility issues. I will repurchase but will put in in a pump container. UPDATE 10/05---I no longer reach for this. My skin seems to get irritated by it and it would get very oily shiny after about 3-4 hours. Would not repurchase. Dropped to 3 lippies from 4.

on 3/22/2005 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

As far as the shade I chose, it would be a "True Match" for a ghost. This foundation left my face chalky and felt terrible. I looked like I had been smacked in the face with a set of chalk erasers. Not for me.

on 3/20/2005 11:03:00 PM

This made my face a greasy mess and the area around my mouth is still broken out.

The product was thin and watery messy to apply.

I was totally disappointed because I've used L'Oreal foundations in the past, but this was a total bust.

on 3/20/2005 6:42:00 AM

I got a sample of this. I'm glad I didn't buy it in full size because I didn't care for it at all. It did cover well but my face was a greasy mess in under an hour. Even with powder over it my face just got oilier and oilier. This might be good for someone with drier skin than mine.

on 3/20/2005 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

True Match?? To what?? I couldn't get any of these shades to match my skin. They all turned either orange or pink on me and had a very flat appearance on my skin. No matter what type of makeup primer I used or what type of moisturizer I put on this color settled into fine lines and looked flat. The color selection is less than ideal. Not a winner in my book. Max factor not only beat loreal to the stores with their version (colour adapt) but they blew them out of the water with the color selection and texture.

on 3/19/2005 11:41:00 PM

I bought the sampler pack.
I decided on W2. Thank you L'Oreal!!! I have light skin and have tried many foundations (spent $100 on the Custom blend from Prescriptives) and never could make until now. PLEASE DO NOT DISCONTINUE!

Video Reviews & Tutorials