October 23, 2014 | 925 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2004 4:54:00 PM More reviews by avonstef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this foundation. I am suprised so many don't like it?!
It does take a little work to find your "true" match but when you do it is really wonderful. I was suprised that my match was a VERY pinkish color, but it really did just blended into my skin and disapear to a nice smooth finish.

This is great for my oily skin, because I don't seem to get any oilys throughout the day as long as I remember my powder in the morning. On days I am feeling a little dry I put a little bit of my moisturizer and a dab of the foundation on the back of my hand and have a perfect tinted moisturizer!
I really can't express how happy I am to have found this foundation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2004 5:42:00 PM More reviews by blyss

Considering the great results on me, I'm surprised by the rating. I am one of those skeptics about drugstore items so perhaps the reason why I love it. It's cause I wasn't expecting anything!

I've been using this for nearly 3 weeks and I do like it a lot. Damn reasonably priced and perfect shade for me. I'm a MAC NC30 and I wear W3 in this foundation. The N3 would work nicely as well but it's summer time so I do turn 'warmer' from the sun.

It's a sheer to medium finish. I would not say it is buildable... if you tried, you'd end up cakey/overly oily and maybe that's why so many ladies are not loving it. The blendability is darn high and the finish is natural with a slight dew.

Highly recommend it for a drugstore foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2004 7:59:00 PM More reviews by palomino

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I find it kind of funny that there are so many shades and none match me! This is why I do not wear foundation. However, I thought I'd give it a shot since there were so many colors.
I used the shade selector from InStyle magazine to pick my shade; it told me I was a C2 (second-lightest cool shade). I was shocked to see it was so pink! It was almost like the color of a pencil eraser! But I was feeling reckless so I got it. Once I blended and blended, it seemed to disappear into my skin, which was weird since I'm not nearly that pink. Anyway, I thought it was a little dark, so I then tried the lightest cool shade, C1. That one is way too light, but I seem to get something close to my skin if I mix them together. I think actually I might be a mix of the second-lightest neutral and the second-lightest cool shade. And all this fiddle-farting around reminds me once again why I do not wear foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2004 3:50:00 PM More reviews by 7girl

This just didn't look right, even though I tried two different shades. Too bad, glad Rite Aid has such a great return policy!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2004 2:37:00 PM More reviews by PaleBaby

If I had to sum up how I feel about this stuff in one word?: yuck.

But since I don't... ; )

The packaging is horrible; not only glass, but a big-necked bottle, ugh. I picked out the shade closest to my skintone - (the lightest neutral), but it's still too yellow. And, (the worst for last), I can't stand the consistency of this foundation. It's not very blendable at all; kind of sticky/dry? And leaves my dry patches looking drier than ever. Ugh. I'll pass. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2004 4:08:00 AM More reviews by pinaro

I found the exact colour match for my skin, but i did not liked this product. It's does not look natural although it has a light coverage. I will not buy again..

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2004 6:55:00 AM More reviews by didi8218

I had been buying the wrong foundation color for years. I have never been able too find a true match in the past. When I saw all the advertising for this product I decided too give it a try, I first purchases a sample pack in the medium 5 level. I have always been puzzeled on my skins undertones and was completely surprised by the foundation that was my match (cool beige C5 cool pink undertone) I had been buying golden toned foundation for years and i never once thought too buy the pink toned ones. Im of central american descent and always thought I was not a cool toned person. But with the sample pack I think most people would be able too find there match. This product has the ability too truley match virtually anyones skin tone. I would suggest buying the sample pack first, It helps, the color I was going too buy first was way too dark, and am very glad I got the sample pack, and then I went back and got the right color. I highly reccomend it too anyone who has had trouble with finding the right color foundation.

great color selection, nice consitencey, easily blendable... nice product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2004 4:00:00 PM More reviews by trish575

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed reviews about this product. I actually quite like the packaging. Aesthetically, it is very appealing, although not the most practical of bottles.

Considering that the other foundations and tinted moiturizers I own cost over $40, this is a bargain. The coverage is a little bit heavier than a tinted moiturizer but still very sheer, which means you have to have good skin to pull it off. The product blends amazingly well and looks very natural. I usually have trouble finding an exact match because I have so much yellow/green in my skin colour. W6 works extremely well for me.

The only drawbacks are: this product contains no sun protention. After a few hours, it does tend to maximize the size of pores, and it does start looking a little bit oily. It has, however, NEVER caused me to break out. I usually only wear this at night when going out to even out my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2004 11:59:00 AM More reviews by YolandaMC

When I first heard about True Match, I was skeptical, but when I found a coupon for it, I decided to purchase it on a whim. I wasn't expecting much, but after using it for a little over a month, this little bottle of liquid foundation surprised me!

COLOR:
I was previously using MUFE Mat Velvet which was okay, but not the best color match. I bought W4 in True Match and it's very, very close to my skintone. It has yellow undertones and not a bit of pink in it either. For reference, I am a MAC NC35, Armani LSF #6, Body & Soul #5.

FINISH & COVERAGE:
It dries to a powdery, soft finish, which is perfect for my oily skin. It's very blendable & natural. For a light finish, I apply a few dots on my cheeks & t-zone. However, when I need a bit more coverage, I add more foundation. It's easy to build coverage without it looking cakey or unnatural.

I have oily skin & I occasionally break out, especially during that time of the month, but I haven't had any clogged pores or breakouts due to True Match.

CONS:
The only negative aspect of this product is the packaging. I would have prefered a squeeze tube or pump bottle, but this isn't that big of an issue.

PROS:
The color match, natural finish, & blendability of this product has won me over. I'll continue to purchase this! continued >>

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2004 12:15:00 AM More reviews by CranberryQueen

The range of colors are amazingly accurate, but the quality of the product makes me long for an orange demarcation line. I originally purchased this product in N2, because for once I had found a shade that matched my skin tone... When I first applied it, it felt a little grainy and I immediately noticed pores that I was not even aware of possessing. After an hour or two, I was an oil slick. I felt as though I was blotting and touching up all the time.