April 18, 2014 | 904 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2003 12:57:00 PM More reviews by KikiGirl20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is probably fine for people with dry skin....but for my somewhat oily, blackhead/mild acne prone skin, all this does is make my skin greasy and gives me more breakouts. I don't like this moisturizer at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2003 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Gingerly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well this stuff works wonders for my Grandmother-in-law and she has GORGEOUS skin that just glows! I tend to be sensitive and can get oily. This has never worked for me, but Grandma sure looks REMARKABLE for 80-something!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2003 10:05:00 AM More reviews by warwick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well - the best thing to do with this is give it to your husband/boyfriend/brother/father! I have never used such awful stuff on my skin, however my hubby uses the M Lotion from Clinique (the only moisturiser he has ever got on with, inc. Kiehls and Clarins) - so as DDML is exactly the same as the mens he now has a years supply of the stuff from my misguided purchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2003 3:19:00 PM More reviews by somegirl99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow...I'm so surprised that people hate this product so much in this forum. Other people that i've seen seems to love this product..including me. This product is oily...but a good oily...maybe not recommended for too oily skin. and I dont know what people are talking about...but the yellow color is nice and i don't smell nothing from it...it's basically fragnance free....i agree though..this product is not for day use...best time to use it is before bedtime...use the soap and the toner with it... the skin feels great...smooth and silky...it doesn't look so great...but in the morning..ur face is fully moisturized and you could just wash off the excess oil...it makes you complexion so much better with continuous use...usually i dont have a problem with the oiliness in the morning..since it's been absorbed... if you have oily skin...why would you want to moisturized during the day anyways??...use foundations like neutrogena face clearing liquid make up...it dries up the oil and gives you a brighter complexion also...so ladies with normal (partly dry/partly oily) skin types moisturize only at night...no need to over moisturize...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2003 5:49:00 AM More reviews by m_andy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

IMO, absolutely disgusting. Made me break out like crazy.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2003 9:38:00 PM More reviews by julsw89

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love Clinique, but this is just greasy!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2003 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Kathe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This a a decent, basic moisturizer that is way overpriced and wildly overrated. I'll stick with the generic Lubriderm I buy at the dollar store. It is at least as good for one or two percent of the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2003 10:52:00 PM More reviews by SarahBrat

I knew so many people who swore by this product that I started buying it and using it on my face. I did not see or feel a difference in skin tone or texture. Then I started using it on my legs, chest, elbows, feet and hands and found it to be more effective. But I also noticed that I cannot use it on those parts too often or it stops being effective so I alternate with sesame oil. It's just a decent, basic moisturizer that is probably not that different than a quality drugstore lotion like Eucerin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2003 10:44:00 PM More reviews by marisa193

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this moisturizer for the past 5 years and never had any problems with breakouts or anything from this, I always liked it, but I just never found it to be moisturizing enough for my sensitive combination skin. I always end up switching back to my favorite Neutrogena moisturizer, because it just moisturizes better!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2003 12:54:00 AM More reviews by KillerTofu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a decent basic moisturizer, the only problem is that for the price, it should be more than decent, and more than basic. It contains mineral oil, which has gotten a bad rap for being pore-clogging. This is not true, but mineral oil is cheap. For the amount of money they charge you for DDML, they should be using non-fragrant plant oils (the fragrant ones are skin irritants). It does contain sesame oil, which is a good non-fragrant plant oil, but it's listed after mineral oil, which cheapens the product - cheapens the quality, not the price. Besides, I met and fell in love with Paula's Choice Hydrating Treatment Cream, which is now my HG moisturizer. It is a godsend for people with dry skin. HTC's main ingredient - after water - is jojoba oil (one of those non-fragrant plant oils), and it's got heaps of antioxidants and water-binding agents, all for a few bucks and some change more than DDML.Note: if you have oily skin or are prone to breakouts, avoid DDML like the plague. It contains lanolin alcohol, which is a derivative of lanolin, which is an emollient closely resembles sebum (the oil your skin produces), so using this lotion would be like putting more of the oil that causes you problems onto your face. (If you have dry skin that's not prone to breakouts, lanolin is not an issue, it can actually help.) Also, if you're concerned about animal rights/kosher/hilal/etc., you should know that lanolin comes from sheep. continued >>