August 28, 2014 | 1151 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2003 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Kathe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This a a decent, basic moisturizer that is way overpriced and wildly overrated. I'll stick with the generic Lubriderm I buy at the dollar store. It is at least as good for one or two percent of the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2003 10:52:00 PM More reviews by SarahBrat

I knew so many people who swore by this product that I started buying it and using it on my face. I did not see or feel a difference in skin tone or texture. Then I started using it on my legs, chest, elbows, feet and hands and found it to be more effective. But I also noticed that I cannot use it on those parts too often or it stops being effective so I alternate with sesame oil. It's just a decent, basic moisturizer that is probably not that different than a quality drugstore lotion like Eucerin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2003 10:44:00 PM More reviews by marisa193

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this moisturizer for the past 5 years and never had any problems with breakouts or anything from this, I always liked it, but I just never found it to be moisturizing enough for my sensitive combination skin. I always end up switching back to my favorite Neutrogena moisturizer, because it just moisturizes better!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2003 12:54:00 AM More reviews by KillerTofu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a decent basic moisturizer, the only problem is that for the price, it should be more than decent, and more than basic. It contains mineral oil, which has gotten a bad rap for being pore-clogging. This is not true, but mineral oil is cheap. For the amount of money they charge you for DDML, they should be using non-fragrant plant oils (the fragrant ones are skin irritants). It does contain sesame oil, which is a good non-fragrant plant oil, but it's listed after mineral oil, which cheapens the product - cheapens the quality, not the price. Besides, I met and fell in love with Paula's Choice Hydrating Treatment Cream, which is now my HG moisturizer. It is a godsend for people with dry skin. HTC's main ingredient - after water - is jojoba oil (one of those non-fragrant plant oils), and it's got heaps of antioxidants and water-binding agents, all for a few bucks and some change more than DDML.Note: if you have oily skin or are prone to breakouts, avoid DDML like the plague. It contains lanolin alcohol, which is a derivative of lanolin, which is an emollient closely resembles sebum (the oil your skin produces), so using this lotion would be like putting more of the oil that causes you problems onto your face. (If you have dry skin that's not prone to breakouts, lanolin is not an issue, it can actually help.) Also, if you're concerned about animal rights/kosher/hilal/etc., you should know that lanolin comes from sheep. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2003 3:53:00 AM More reviews by kirana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good basic moisturiser. It keeps my skin soft and moisturised. It's not too greasy at all for my combo skin (I only use it where my skin feels dry, though). It doesn't break me out either.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2003 3:22:00 AM More reviews by jayd

Gross. This stuff is greasy, doesn't hydrate at all and stinks. The cosistancy is so runny and felt as if I had a film of grease on my face.
    I would never ever buy this. Thank gos I got it as a GWP and didn't pay full price.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2003 3:43:00 AM More reviews by laingan83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This thing makes me breakout like crazy!!! I never got a single acne before using it, after trying to use it for a few days, there are a lot of red spots apearing on my face!! My God, really frustrated me, don't even try it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2003 6:16:00 PM More reviews by purplestreamers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It was good at clearing up dry skin but with my spot prone skin it caused enlarged pores on my cheeks that were very didficult to get rid of. not recommended for spot prone skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2003 7:52:00 PM More reviews by ktrinity76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the worst lotion I have ever used on my face. I always broke out and my skin felt greasy. No wonder they always gave it away with their free gift packs.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2003 10:14:00 PM More reviews by kathrynaslan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is awful if you have anything remotely resembling oily or combination skin. Acne-prone women beware! This will make you break out like crazy.