Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 8/4/2008 12:31:00 PM

I bought this yesterday, and I DONT see the whole dead rose thing. it goes away in minutes. I don't see huge,thick lashes, but its a great product.

EDIT: now, i smell the dead rose..
but it does go away!

UPDATE 2: I was so upset about the packaging "malfunction" that I switched back to the Volum Express Turbo. I noticed that it clumped much more, and just didn't look as good as the Colossal. So, I went out and bought another Colossal, the product worked wonderfully and no mishaps with the "filter". I've bought 2 since and will continue to do so, so long as they don't fall apart.
While all "no clump" mascaras that I've ever tried, have clumped pretty easily, I was pleasantly surprised that this one did not. With a couple swipes you can get a natural look, or build up many coats for a more glam look. Before this one I would use the Volum Express Turbo or the Great Lash. While both of those were okay...I never new what I was missing out on til i found it! The brush to the Colossal is thick with very skinny bristles to prevent build up and clumping. The "fake rose" smell is actually appealing in to me in some weird way. This mascara is awesome!!!
Update: This WAS a great mascara...until the little "filter" thingy came out. As far as I can see, that has been happening to quite a few people. Once it came out, I "rigged it", but it was never the same. It got all dry and clumpy. I never had that problem with any mascara, even maybelline. Will NOT buy again.

on 8/3/2008 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Well I saw it at a local grocery store and noticed it right away with it's bright color packaging. Plus it was new, so they had stacks of them. I'm familiar with the Volum' Express turbo boost so I thought I would enjoy this one as well...especially since it's more volume than the last! I went home first to check out the reviews and defiantly knew I had to try it myself. This baby works like magic just the first stroke ;) Extends your eyelashes like crazy, amazingly beautiful I tell ya. One stitch though, it does kinda stink :( Didn't know it'd be as bad I thought but it's still really ok. The smell goes away when you apply it on, hardly noticeable. Surely wouldn't change my mind off of wanting to use this mascara! But I had to take one lippie off for the smell though. The packaging is awesome, love the neon yellow and purple! The brush is wonderfully thick and great. Well, it's self explanatory...a great mascara!

on 8/2/2008 1:41:00 PM

I really liked this mascara. It stayed on all day, didnt smudge and i was very satisfied. i will definately buy colossal again

on 8/1/2008 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this mascara because I love the Volum Express Turbo Boost and thought - if this has an even bigger brush, it will work even better!!

Unfortunately I was wrong. The actual product itself DID make my lashes look good. But it was the smell that made it unusable.

I usually like the smell of mascara - that clean almost soily smell - but this smelled like it almost had perfume added to it! I used it once and could still smell it hours later! I thought I must be imagining it, so I didn't use it for a few days, and then tried it again. Sure enough, I could STILL smell it after about 1.5 hours.

I called Maybelline and told them and they are sending me a coupon for any mascara of my choice. I'm disappointed, and won't be buying this again.

on 8/1/2008 7:25:00 PM

This was a great mascara. Lots of volume, no huge clumps of crap on my eyelashes..but....all good things must come to an end. I didn't even have this mascara a month, and when I went to go apply it the other day I pulled the wand out and this big blob of black soup just came out. It just..melted. It wasn't even near any source of heat. I just tossed it. Oh well.

on 7/31/2008 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had high hopes but found the formula to be thick and it clumped my lashes. Also, after using Intense XXL I was really disappointed in Colossal. It didn't lengthen and it gave the dreaded under-eye shadow. I thought the tube was cute and I didn't find the smell to be strong at all -when it was new. However, as my tube aged, the perfume grew stronger to the point that I can smell my lashes... ALL DAY!

on 7/31/2008 4:09:00 PM

Ah May ZING!

I just .... have... no words.

on 7/31/2008 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After years of searching, I've finally found a mascara to replace the old L'Oreal Voluminous (pre-"improved"). It makes my lashes look really lush and long, and the lashes themselves have actually thinned over the last few years. It doesn't smudge any more or less than any other mascara (I use non-waterproof), it's inexpensive and it works!!! I love this mascara!

on 7/31/2008 1:33:00 PM

I admit, I fell for the ad even though I know better. I love Cover Girl's Lash Blast and thought this would be even better. I didn't like the brush, but I'm sure it's because I'm used to the Lash Blast brush, but I found the formula to be thick and it clumped my lashes. UGH! I'm going to stick to Cover Gir Lash Blast or Lancome Definicils from now on....or until I spy another cool ad!