November 28, 2014 | 1902 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2004 11:42:00 AM More reviews by lismith

This foundation feels great on my combination skin. I always apply foundation over a moisturizer. True match applied over moisturizer blends easily and feels velvety. The transparent color-matching sheets on the store display worked great to pick a shade that matches my skin perfectly (true beige). The coverage is good for evening out skin tone, but doesn't leave me looking "made up", it still looks very natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2004 2:26:00 AM More reviews by parrottheadmd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow! I love this stuff! Matches my skin perfectly and the texture is great. Definitely stays on, so be careful when you wash your face.....I've started following up with a toner to get rid of all traces. I know some poeple break out from this foundation, and I think it might be because it's kind of hard to remove.

I've also heard that it's not oil free, but there is no oil listed on the ingredients. I have oily oily skin and I like the way it wears and looks on my skin.

Update: It is now summer here in Hotlanta, and my skin is OIL SLICK city! Since i've tried changing everything else, I've come to realize that it is this foundation that is making my skin look super "dewey", and not in a good way. I love this stuff, but i'm going to have to shelve it until the winter when my skin can take this stuff again. Sad, it was my perfect color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2004 5:54:00 PM More reviews by smiles4c

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love everything about this foundation. The color match is great, the texture is silky and easy to blend, it gives good coverage on my very ruddy cheeks and looks very natural. It is light-medium coverage, but it is buildable without getting cakey :D I'm an NC20/C2 and W2 is a perfect color match. Lots of foundations break me out, but this one is one of the few that doesn't. I strayed from this foundation for a little while, but I went crawling back to it :P It's the best foundation that I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2004 7:08:00 PM More reviews by miss_mae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this after I paid $40 for a Shisheido foundation which appeared to perfectly match my skin but I later found that it turned white in a camera flash. As the whole reason I was even buying foundation in the first place was because I needed something for my wedding, this simply wouldn't do. I later learned that foundations with SPF often reflect pale in camera flashes. I went down to Rite Aid and picked out Sun Beige. It matched better than the Shisheido foundation, and it felt more light- weight. The pictures from my wedding day came out great, even though I had gotten a few small zits right before. The coverage was just enough to even out my skin-tone, and obscure the zits, but it didn't make me feel like I was suffocating. My face did get a little shiny toward the end of the reception, but over all, I am quite pleased with the product, and that's saying a lot because I hate foundation. I put that I will not buy this again only because I don't wear foundation. UPDATE: I have lowered my rating on this from 5 to three not because the True Match has shown some previously unnoticed flaw but because I have found my Holy Grail Foundation - Monave Mineral Foundation - which matches my skin perfectly, contains no allergy or pimple-inducing chemicals, contains sun block and feels weightless on. Now that I know how great foundation can be, True Match has fallen in my estimation.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2004 9:52:00 AM More reviews by ChicElle18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was reading through the magazine one day and saw this product as a sample. I couldn't wait to try it but when I finally did I didn't like it. I cannot lie and say this is a horrible product because its not. It provides awesome coverage but I myself prefer a more natural approach to makeup. This was very thick and did not allow my skin to breath. This isn't to say this isn't a good product though because it is!

If You Don't Like This Try: Mark C-Thru-U Tinted Moisturizer or Mark Speedway Stick!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2004 9:34:00 PM More reviews by SophieKitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really enjoyed having such a near perfect match for the first couple weeks...Then I broke out. I haven't had a break out like this since I was 15!! I quickly went back to Almay's skin stays clean. It's cheap, and I'm now recovering from all of the acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2004 2:30:00 PM More reviews by jt_in_canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first drugstore foundation, after years of not wearing any (I used CG and Clinique briefly in the past but hated how they looked). I figured with a change in careers, that it was time for a more polished face.

This time around, I'm pretty impressed so far. I have pale Asian skin, so I went with W2 (fearing W1 might be tooo pasty and light) and it's an amazing match.

The finish is slightly sheer, and matte. I really didn't need to apply powder afterwards. It also has great slip, which makes blending really simple.

I went to a big drug store that had testers for all the colours and mirrors everywhere, so that helped with picking out the right shade.

The price also didn't hurt either, at $12CDN.

For reference, I have normal-to-slightly dry skin.

***UPDATE*** 1.)Don't apply this fdn to dry areas...it emphasizes flakies. 2) Also, this foundation has total staying-power, so you have to be extra careful about removing every last trace or it will make you eventually break out. I apply this foundation by putting a dollop on the back of my hand (I use my hand as a palette) and there's always a layer on my hand that's really hard to wash off! 3.) Also, start with a super thin application...a little goes a long way with this foundation. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2004 2:58:00 PM More reviews by LoriRB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked this product, matched my skin very well. It stayed on all day without caking or fading. I also didn't have to touch up the makeup during the day with a face powder. Although, the packaging could be better (comes in a glass, hard to handle bottle). This product is the same as Lancome- Photo ID, so it's a great deal for the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2004 10:49:00 PM More reviews by PixyAnne

So far, I'm liking it. I've been using it regularly for about 2 months and it's very decent for it's price - however, it has it's negative points. For exmaple, I don't like how sometimes it's matte and soemtimes it's dewy. I prefer dewy to matte since my skin leens towards the dry side most of the time, but this is just unpredictable and i like predicatbility with a daily product like base. And I think the color I picked was a wee bit too light, so I might want to go 1 shade up if I plan to re-buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2004 8:42:00 PM More reviews by trixkiddo

I got this at Ulta after asking one of the salesladies for help trying to find a foundation that wouldn't break me out or make my skin flake. This hasn't so far, but I'm keeping an eye out. True match in Nude Beige did match my skin perfectly though, a first for me. It's sheerer than I thought it would be, but it does cover and give my skin a glow.
*edit* So sad, this covered perfectly, stayed on for hours...and broke me out like mad. I've given up on foundation and now my skin in more clearer, so I don't need it.