January 26, 2015 | 1108 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2004 11:35:00 PM More reviews by biomechmonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This is actually my first foundation ever (purchased at age 23!). Before L'Oreal True Match, I was afraid of wasting $10 on a foundation to discover it didn't match my skin. Well, L'Oreal's super-easy matching grid (and it's right there by the foundation too!) at Ulta/drugstores changed my mind. I picked out the right shade in under 5 minutes. Coverage is excellent and leaves my skin soft and non-greasy. It doesn't break my skin out, either. I'd definitely buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2004 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Buzibug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great match especially for fair skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2004 6:09:00 PM More reviews by lola_cherrycola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color match system is really great for this product. It looks very natural on me, however it's too greasy for oily skin. Goes on super easy and is very blendable. I would recommend for people with normal to dry skin. A big negative is there is no sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2004 5:02:00 PM More reviews by TweetyB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Big fan! The coverage is great, it doesn't feel heavy or oily, and the finish is beautiful. I feel in love with this foundation the moment I tried it for the first time. Definitely reccomend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2004 2:34:00 PM More reviews by PotNoodlez4

I was looking for a new foundation to use for the summer and I decided to try this based on the extensive range of colors. I tried the W6 and while it made my face match the rest of tan body, it turned a little orangey after a few hours. I liked the coverage, but found it to be a little too heavy unless I moisturized well. I've recently started mixing it equal parts with Clinique Total Turnaround Cream and applying it with my fingers. It mixes beautifully and gives me color and the coverage of a lighter foundation/tinted moisturizer. My skin looks dewy and healthy and I haven't had any breakouts. Plus, it makes my skin look so poreless and smooth! I love this stuff!!! UPDATE: This stuff makes me breakout! The color match is great and gives a great finish....but unfortunately, I just can't use this anymore :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2004 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Zedar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is one of the only drugstore foundations with a shade that is light enough for my skin. The drugstore display said I was a 1N, but after buying both the 1N and the 1C, I think the 1C is a much better match for me. It pretty much just disappears into my skin, which makes it easier to blend only where I need it. I have problems with acne, but this foundation does not break me out, and it provides some coverage and SPF. True Match also didn't emphasize my flakes like powder finishes do, and it seems to help keep my forhead from getting too shiny.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2004 8:56:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Crap! Crap crap crap crap...did I mention this foundation is crap? I'm looking for a new foundation, I buy a couple of these little sample packs to try. How is it possible that out of all of these shades, all of them turn a freakish orange shade on me? ALL OF THEM! Even the Nude Beige shade I used when I used Translucide...ORANGE. And the finish is rather gross as well...cakey and mask like. Glad I didn't buy a full sized first, but still what a waste of a few bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2004 6:10:00 AM More reviews by sashimigirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have two requirements for foundation: 1)it actually matches my skin tone, and 2)it doesn't turn me into a zitty mess the next day. This foundation meets both requirements, is easy to find at the drugstore, and is reasonably priced. I don't use foundation every day, just when I feel the need to cover up my acne scars >_<. That might be why the bottle design doesn't bug me so much...although I did like what they did with the sample bottles...the cap had a spatula attached that went into the bottle, sort of like a nail polish brush. I like that I can buy two shades (W6 and W7) and be able to mix to match my skin tone year round. My skin type: very oily, sensitive, acne prone.
UPDATE (01/22/05): Still loving this. Since it's winter and I've been good about wearing sunscreen every day my complexion has lightened up a bit, but still found a perfect match in N5 (true beige). It can be tricky to find the right shade, even if you are golden complexioned a Warm may be too yellow and look flat - this is what I found. Another small con is that any dryness or flakiness is highlighted by the foundation, so make sure to moisturize and exfoliate well before using! Otherwise, great for covering up flaws on those days I don't feel like using concealer on every...single...blemish.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2004 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Savannah410

I recently bought these in the trail package ( 3 different shades and a 2 dollar off coupon for future use). For $1.99 I was please, not sure how much I would really love this when I pay 13 dollars. I really liked porceline ( sp?) it matched my skin tone almost seamlessly, didn't oxidize into any halloween like colors the day wore on. I found the coverage to not be as much as I would like, it seems watery but it is buildable. It didn't clog my pores or cause any breakouts and I don;t need to powder alot when i use it, so that is a plus. I will edit later on after using for awhile.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2004 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Smilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this based on a review by Paula Begoin (cosmeticscop.com). I had to return two bottles, and mix two other shades together, before I hit upon my "match." There seems to be a huge difference between the level 2 and 3 shades, at least in the Warm and Neutral categories. After all that trouble I decided I didn't even like the product anyway. It "pills up" too easily, especially over moisturizer (and I've tried using a different moisturizer) and is too greasy and heavy. Had to put powder on several times throughout the day to cut down on the shine. Very disappointing!