August 30, 2014 | 1797 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by fashioneestahh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I gave this product the ultimate test. I bought it prior to going to Puerto Rico, where it is 90-100 degrees daily. i would apply foundation in the morning and go on with my day not retouching it until probably the evening. It stayed on alllll day, of course maybe it might of rubbed off a little bit, but nothing compared to those other foundations that claim to have an "all day wear" but rub off after 2 hours.. I hiked the rainforest, stayed out in the sun for hours and even swam and the makeup stay put.. of course, when i swam, it did come off a little bit, but all in all, i love this foundation. It can get dry when applying so you have to act fast. i do have to admit though, the packaging is not my favorite. Twice i didnt shut it completely and it spilled everywhere in my mu bag =/ i much prefer Photoready's packaging to this but i can honestly say CS just beat PR by a million.

*UPDATE*
    I have stopped using this because i figured out that during winter (i live by lake michigan - which means colder) it totally dries out my skin.. or maybe this doesnt dry it out, but it makes the texture of my already dry skin horrid. Granted, i didnt try out the dry combination formula, since i was ready to try something lighter, but i will discontinue use until the weather gets warmer.. or if i want a heavier coverage..

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by lalsamiksha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this product for my engagement, it worked perfectly and saved me from like a frying pan . In spite the fact that i had to wear a sari and a lot of heavy jewelery for my engagement, i did not sweat and my make up remained intact and kept me fresh. The other positive thing about this foundation is that it does not wear off in sunlight nor does it make one look cakey and patchy , which usually happens to people with oily skin.

I would def recommend this product for people who have oily skin and who want a matte finish . Unlike all the other foundations , this one in spite of having SPF does not make me look bright in pictures. The only draw back is that this could get a little cakey , if applied in excess quantity.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by jilllpa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is OK, I am an nw20 and purchased buff in the combination/oily. I only have a few age spots and it does not cover them. My Stila illuminating foundation has more coverage. The only thing I do like is that my skin does not feel wet after application and it does not transfer onto clothing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by kboogie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this in Caramel and while the color was perfect it didn't give me the coverage I need to cover acne scars (acne is gone but still have the scars) and I found that in order to cover the scars I would have to put on extra foundation which would make me look darker.

My skin is extremly oily, I would still have to blot throughout the day, I like Maybelline SUperstay coverage better but I like Colorstay color better and I get them both in Caramel but Superstay has more of a yellow tone to it which I don't like.

Once my acne scars fade I might consider giving Colorstay another chance. We'll see

************************************************
    9/13/10 UPDATE:

Alright I'm back! What I am doing now is mixing Revlon Colorstay (Caramel) and Superstay (Caramel) together and it's PERFECT!!!
    Like I said before the Superstay has this strong yellow undertone and the Colorstay when putting enough to cover acne scars can be too dark soooooo I combined the two and I have the perfect color and coverage! I am also using MOM and I noticed when I used it with the Superstay alone OMG!! I looked a hot mess it made me look bleached out or something.

Now when I use MOM (to control the shine) with the two foundations combined you can't tell and my oily skin has a matte finished! (for now) it's been 5 hrs and I only have a tiny bit of shine on my forehead where as before by now my entire face would be super oily!!.

I think it's the combo of the 2 foundations that's helping with the oiliness b/c when I used the MOM with the superstay it didn't help the oiliness at all!

Who would've thought that combining 2 rival foundations would give me the perfect color, coverage and shine control?!!! Kboogie is a happy girl!! Ya'll just don't know how happy I am..... seriously

.... another update:
    I've have since nixed my previous combo of Colorstay and Superstay I know only use Revlon Colorstay and in a different color.... Toast which is way too light to wear alone but when I pair is with Maybelline Fit Powder in Shade #355 I think it's coconut. It looks great! I've gotten so many compliments on that combo.

QUESTION!!! Has anyone else noticed Colorstay in a 24 hour formula lately? I was in Target to buy another bottle and saw some with a 24hr sticker on the cap. I figured it was a mistake so I looked on the back in the decription and sure nuff it talked about how it is a 24hr foundation. Not all of the bottles onthe shelf had them. This was a month ago and I went in today just to look and there were some still there.
    I checked out the website and didn't see anything about a new 24hr formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by angel308

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have oily/acne prone skin which makes it challenging to find a foundation that works for my skin type. I was very skeptical when I first purchased this product because I don't normally buy drugstore brand foundations. However, I had read good reviews on it and wanted to give it a try. To my surprise, I absolutely love my Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combo/Oily Skin! This foundation does not break me out! Not only does it cover very well, but if you have oily skin it really helps to control the oil breakthrough. I have found that with this foundation I don't even need to use my Mac mattifying cream. I normally purchase my foundations at Clinique, Estee Lauder, Lancome, or Mac but I have to say that I actually think that this foundation is very comparable if not better. The only thing is that I wish the bottle came with a pump because it can be difficult to control how much product comes out of the bottle. But overall, if you are looking for a great foundation at an affordable price you should consider giving this foundation a try! I will definately purchase this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by AdamLambertFan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product a lot. It stays on all day, which is my favorite part. But it also cakes on way too easily (but that might be my fault for puting it on wrong, i dont know) It also smelled like paint, nasty! But the smell goes away after a while. Other than that, it is great - nicely priced, stays on, doesn't make me break out, etc.!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by WesleysMom25

This is my all time fave foundation. This is the only one I use every single day. It stays on all day and doesn't come off. I live in Louisiana and it is so hot here. We also have a lot of hudmidity and my makeup is still there when I go to take it off at night. I love that it is a medium to full coverage but it doesn't feel heavy or caked on. I am on my 3rd or 4th bottle. Love this stuff. The only thing I wish they had was a pump. Too much ends up coming out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by rea93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Full-coverage and long lasting; did not make me break out! This foundation is good for the money. I really have nothing bad to say about this product (it's AMAZING!) except for one thing: the packaging. Not a huge fan of the bottle and the cap (some product got inside the cap for some reason.. and instead of black, you see the foundation? Weird). But I still love this stuff regardless, and works just as well as any other high-end liquid foundation out there - if not better!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by doORdye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. I dont know why I didn't try this sooner! Well, actually the reason I never tried it before is because of how the majority of reviews say it sucks because there's no pump, it looks thick and cakey, it's hard to blend, and people have breakout issues. I have to say, I do not agree with any of that! It really doesn't bother me that there is no pump. I find that it actually looks very smooth and natural on me. I have no problems blending it, I actually apply it with my fingers and it blends in beautifully! I've been using it for almost 2 weeks and have not broken out. With my skin, if something is going to irritate it, it would have happened within 2 days. I use the shade 180 Sand Beige. I set it with Too Faced Primed and Poreless loose powder. Also, I use the Combination/Oily version. I find that it helps control oil VERY well. Much better than any foundation or primer I've tried in the last 5 years. Speaking of primers, I do not use one. I use Olay Beauty Fluid in the sensitive version under this. The coverage is really great, I have a few dark spots (post acne marks) on my chin that need covering and this works very well while still looking natural. It does help disguise blemishes, but I still use concealer if I have any blemishes that are really red. Overall, right now I am loving this, and I will continue to purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by str14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really LOVE this foundation. It looks very natural and is by far the best drugstore foundation I have ever tried. I personally think it blends easily ( I use a sponge), and I found the perfect color for me that you can't even tell the difference between my skin and the foundation. I originally bought one shade darker, and got to exchange it. It is a little on the pricey side (about $13) but worth it. I also have extremely oily skin and this lasts me for more than 4 hours without any powder without looking oily. Is also non-transfer, so if you rub it off is gonna be very hard to take it off (use a good makeup remover, just water won't do!). The one thing I absolutely dislike about this foundation is the packaging. I wish it had a pump, because it can get messy fast. But for the quality of the product, the packaging is just a detail. You will really not find anything like this in drugstores, and if you have oily skin, is just heaven. Finally something that works!