November 24, 2014 | 1040 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by vivianfarrell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked this up this week. I will keep it is a HG product now. This is definitely up there with the HE expensive brands. It is miles better than the other DS foundations. I get shiny/oily after an hour or two, and I was super surprised when I put this on at 8am and checked a mirror at 2:30am and still didn't actually have to touch up my face at all with anything. I am extremely fair, and the lightest shade, ivory, is a perfect match. It blends well. There's no pump, and I already had my 4 year old come and knock some over -- just keep the cap on it and you're fine. I didn't notice a smell and it's such a good product I wouldn't mind anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by gate403

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have tried high end and low end and colorstay is the best. It lasts on my very oily face.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by suekim91

i usually used mufe's hd foundation, nars' sheer matte foundation, or smashbox's hd healthy fx foundation. all of these foundations would last me at most 2 hours of shine free coverage (nars' sheer matte lasted 4 hours of shine free coverage.) i have a very oily t-zone so everything that i put on my face would get oily even though i use a primer. the revlon colorstay foundation controlled my oil production for up to 8+ hours! although the product itself is great the lack of pump and the smell of the product was a turn-off. however the smell goes away after a while and i got used to using it without the pump so all is good.

i usually use the smashbox photofinish foundation primer or mac prep+prime face protect spf 50 and use the elf hd powder or the ysl matte&radiant pressed powder. this and the colorstay combined make an excellent combination.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by happyhamstergirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've always used Clinique Superbalanced (my first and only foundation). But when I started getting acne scars, the coverage was simply not enough. Building it was impossible because it always got cakey.

I picked up Revlon Colorstay yesterday at CVS for $13.50 :( But it is so worth the price!! Because of the staying power and amazing coverage, I don't need concealer, primer, or translucent finishing powder!!

It always took me like 45 minutes to apply Clinique Superbalanced because I was trying to build it :( With Colorstay, it takes me like 7 minutes. All I have to do is use a gentle toner, a moisturizing sunscreen, and this foundation and BAM! I'm out the door like lickity split!! SOOO glad I got Colorstay!! It is extremely buildable even though it gives lots of coverage without building. And for those of you who are contemplating about getting those disposable sponges or buying a foundation or stippling brush, there is absolutely no need. I apply it with my clean fingers and it works just fine.

Note: Because I am half-white half-Japanese, I got the second to lightest shade because I heard the lightest had pink undertones even though my skin is very pale. :)

This is DEFINATELY my HG foundation (even though I have no idea what HG stands for). The consistency is a little thick, but that's fine with me. The packaging is fine, yes a pump would be handy, blah blah blah, but with foundation like this, it is absolutely pointless to complain about what it doesn't have because it is perfect in my eyes.

Some last words: BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT!!!!!

*EDIT* Now that my skin is a bit drier, I mix it with some moisturizer (Olay Complete Daily SPF 15) and it works beautifully. Also, if you know you will not have much time for makeup the next morning (and you need more coverage for things like acne or scarring), I suggest you poor the foundation onto a piece of saran wrap or something and let it dry over night. This will thicken and increase the coverage of the foundation. Good luck!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by hannahfaye13

I tried this bc its cheaper than my usual clinique superbalanced. its crappy. its not very blendable so you need to use a lot, and its runny. it doesnt give very much coverage, and if you try to biuld the coverage, it looks cakey. after 5 hours, it looks as if i were never wearing makeup in the first place, even if i used a primer and setting powder,too. dont waste your money, just spend the extra 10 bucks on something that acyuallt works and get clinique superbalanced makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLov3r

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It matches my skin perfectly and doesn't make my dry skin look dryer. It's pricier then most drugstore foundations, but less expensive then department stores and works just as good. I say give it a try, it's worth it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by mansuperthatoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gives nice flawless, smooth coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 1:28:00 PM More reviews by starrz329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been in a love/hate relationship with this foundation for almost 1 year now. I struggled with finding my color match for a long time. I am a NW50 at MAC. With this foundation, I 1st went with 410 Cappucino, this was way to light (around a NW45), then I tried the next shade up at the time 450 Mocha, this was waaaaayyyyy too dark, (around NW55). Recently Revlon has added some new shades to this foundation, and I finally have a match with 440 Mahogany. This blends seemlessly into my skin, so much to the point, that I totally forget where I put the foundation. Ii looks very natural, a little bit goes a long way. It definately lives up to its name. I work 10-12 hr shifts and it lasts the whole time until I wash it off at the end of the day. I also have very oily skin and usually foundations only last a couple hours on me. It also controls oil also really well. Thank you so much Revlon Colorstay! This foundation is HG for me <3

Update: I have dont use this foundation anymore, it kills me beacuase it did everything that it claimed to do, but I realized, after not wearing this for several weks, and then putting it on, that it breaks me out. I thought I just has bad skin, but come to realize that it was the foundation I was wearing. For me skincare is really important and no make up porduct, no matter how much you love it, is worth ruining your skin, oh well, off to find another HG

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2010 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Ritagal09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hate this. After trying it for a while it just never worked. Had to trash it. Never again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 4:51:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation! It provides medium to full coverage and blends very easily. I use this quite frequently and I'm always pretty happy with it. The only reason I took a lippie off is because I'm not too sure I like the staying power... After a few hours it seems to disappear and I find myself checking on it and powdering throughout the day. Oh yeah, and the packaging is a little...eh. Overall, it's a great foundation for the price!