Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 9/27/2010 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I use the combo/oily version. This is my FAVORITE foundation in any price range! I know this would never work for everyone, but my oily/sensitive/acne prone skin loves it.

It's very long lasting. Seriously, I put makeup on at 6:00 am and often get home from sports games at 10:00pm. Yes, the same application gets me through the day and looks mighty fine. This will draw attention to any flakes on your face, so I would suggest getting that under control before even trying this.

To be honest, I had an awful time getting the application right. It was like one big science experiment, but I nailed it eventually. Trust me, Colorstay can be very fickle depending upon the products used over/under it. I almost threw it in the trash when I tried it with my MAC prep & prime spf50. Oh what a cracked, cakey disaster. I'm so happy that I didn't give up, because it is the best foundation on my skin.

In case this might help someone, here is my routine: I use a non-greasy sunscreen (Cerave Day SPF30 or Ocean Potion Face 45) and then let that soak in for about 5 minutes. Next I like Too Faced primed & poreless on my oily areas. Then I use a cream concealer on old acne scars and MAC moisture concealer (sorry I'm drawing a blank on the exact name) under my eyes. I had a really hard time finding concealer that didn't look icky/cakey under this. After that, I use a damp white triangle sponge and stipple the foundation all over my face. I follow up with a matte powder pressed on with a velour puff. During the day, I blot the oil regularly with Clean & Clear sheets and touch up with powder. My face tends to get oily and break down makeup, but this stays nice and freshens right up with blotting papers. Wow!

To handle the pump problem, (there isn't a pump) I emptied out an old bottle of foundation and refilled it with my colorstay. Problem solved.

Seriously, I like this better than my MAC or MUFE. If you have oily skin it might be worth a try.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Well Ive Use Both The Oily And Dry But for me the One For Oily Skin Really Dried my face so that one was a no for me but i decided to try the one for dry skin and that one works really good it drys fast so you kinda have to hurry when you put it on but it hydrated my face and it works great .. so maybe some people who only tried the oily one and did not like it cause it dried your face maybe you should try the one for dry skin it works but if you a person who has really oily skin maybe you should not use it but i also lightly put some powder over it to finish it off(:::
(( I use Revon Color-stay For Dry Skin ))

on 9/26/2010 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product was too drying for my skin. I did not like the color selection. Wouldn't try this again.

on 9/25/2010 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

HG foundation. I prefer it to MAC Studiofix. I use the Combination/Oily Skin and it lasts even on my super oily skin. It applies really smoothly with my duo fibre brush and looks very natural. Schloves it! c:

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

this is my everyday foundation, i ALWAYS use this foundation, it just completely covers everything without looking cakey. the only thing i would change about it is, that it doesn't have a pump so it can get a bit messy, i dont know i just always prefer a pump... but other than that i would 100% recommend this product!

i love this foundation. Before this, i used the MAC foundation but it caused breakouts. Ive been using Revlon Colorstay for over a year -no problem with breakout.

on 9/23/2010 6:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

EDITED:
my opinion has completely changed after using this product longer.
When I was first using this, I did not set it with any powder and I found that it was very easily "scratched" off my face.
Now that I have learned, the way I apply this so it looks the most natural on my skin is I use a damp sponge, pat it onto my face in sections, and then I use my concealer, and then set everything with a powder.
It covers everything (pores, blemishes, redness), except for the blackheads on my nose. It does get cakey if you layer too much on, but as long as you're careful it should be fine!
I do have to touch up on my t-zone after a 4 hours or so, but I find that the foundation stays on the rest of my face perfectly without it being scratched or rubbed off.
Only thing would be the packaging, I heard that they are coming out with a pump, and definitely can't wait for that. While I don't mind the opening because I just cover it with the sponge, but it is pretty messy.
Overall, would repurchase!

on 9/23/2010 6:12:00 AM

This is a really good foundation for the price. I love almost everything about it. The only cons are of the course the glass bottle & the fact that it dries so quickly, it can be difficult to blend if you're not swift enough.

on 9/22/2010 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

LOVE this foundation!! Been using for 5+ years. My favorite shade/formula is 440 Mahogany/Combination Oily Skin. What's especially great about this foundation is that it has excellent coverage that lasts all day, color stays true, low transfer. Perfection in a bottle...

on 9/20/2010 12:07:00 PM

I bought this product yesterday as I read all of the positive reviews and thought it was worth a shot.My skin is super pale and I always end up looking orange but the Ivory colour matched my skin perfectly! I bought the one for dry skin as my acne cream tends to make my skin dry and it blended so well.I have some scars on my chin where I used stippling and once it drys they're covered really well- I didn't even need concealer. So far I'm very happy and think I've finally found my HG foundation! I'm giving it 4/5 as it really needs a pump and is a bit expensive for a drug store product.