L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 1/3/2005 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is probably one of the worst feeling foundations I have ever tried. I gave it 2 lippies because of the color, it did match really well. But, I can't get over the greasy look this gave my DRY skin.

on 1/3/2005 1:47:00 AM

true match my ass! (pardon my french. . .) I bought one of those sample packs (includes three shades) in every color even resembling my skin tone and each one still looked unnatural. For reference, I have fair skin with yellow undertones, dark brown eyes and hair. I like the concept here, but I have yet to find a drugstore (or department store in many cases) foundation that blends in naturally with my skin. Maybe i am just blessed with truly odd colored skin! Anyways, even if I had found an appropriate color, I still would not endorse this foundation because I thought the finish was disgusting--pasty and masklike even with agressive blending. No thanks.

on 1/1/2005 8:12:00 AM

I really like this foundation. It blends so nicely. I use N2 and find it to be the best match I've had in a very long time. I just saw they have a pressed powder as well.

on 12/28/2004 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

When it comes to shopping for foundation,i never know how to pick the right color no matter who helps me-but after trying a sample of this stuff in 'creamy natural' i was impressed-it matched me almost perfectly! i took off a lippie cuz i didnt like the foundation itself for some reason,but the color is just too perfect for me so i will repurchase

on 12/23/2004 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like it alot - wanted to share my experience with the colors. I am a cool, and started with C1. It was too light and made me look ghosty. Like alot of people have mentioned, I thought C2 looked way too pink and dark in the jar, I thought there is no way, and was going to try N1. But on a 2 for price of one offer, I tried both N1 and thought what the hell, I'll try C2 too. C2 is great - it does have a slight pink base but nowhere near how dark and pink it looks in the jar. I can't say it will match you, but just wanted to let everyone know it isn't as bad a color as it looks if you are considering it.

I'm not too impressed with L'Oreal True Match. The L'Oreal website recommended N5 for me, but N5 is way too dark! I would just try a lighter shade, but it doesn't blend well at all! It goes on streaky as hell! You also have to layer this on a few times if you want good coverage. And last, but not least, it takes forever to wash this off your face because it doesn't budge whatsoever! I had to swipe my face with my toner at least five times to get all this foundation off!! Note: This was AFTER washing my face! Even Jane Oil-Free Foundation is better (and cheaper) than this! I'm taking this crap back to CVS!!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I loved this foundation. It wasn't perfect, it was pretty thin, but I sweat a lot and the thin consistency (spelling) helped me out in the summer. The color was a pretty good match, but I've had to blend extra hard for it to look natural.

on 12/17/2004 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I chose this because i have very fair skin and find it difficult to match it. The color match system worked great and i found the perfect shade however i was a little disapointed in the coverage quality. It is a very thin liquid and although it blends well it takes quite a bit to get good coverage. Not sure if i will buy this again.

on 12/13/2004 10:02:00 PM

i don't wear liquid makeup b/c i have a delicate treaty with my skin, which has all my life tended to be greasy and acneic. if i can feel something on my skin, it's a bad sign and i spend all day thinking about getting home and cleaning it all off. so i have hated foundation and liquid makeup since day 1.

however, i love and am a total sucker for in-store display gimmicks. today i saw the true match acetate swatches; 10 minutes later, i walked out with liquid foundation-- wtf?!?! it MATCHED my skin, which was surprising (the MAC ladies always fail to). weirder yet is that i *like* it. b/c of my delicate treaty w/ my skin, my skin's been pretty good, and it's pretty smooth and nice-- and this foundation just glided over the pores and "finished" my face just lightly, translucently and perfectly. AND... I can't FEEL it.

i dunno if this would be the choice for people with obvious acne, or for people with blemishes drying up on their skin, as this would probably settle lightly into the crevices and look cracky and weird. but if your skin is pretty smooth on its own, and you don't need a super-matte finish, but would like to look a LITTLE more refined, this is probably a good formula to check out.

also, i like the simple, straightforward bottle. i did not like that it came unboxed and unsealed, however.

on 12/9/2004 9:39:00 PM

I am taking this back to the store. I've had better coverage using Jane liquid foundation. The Neutral N2 in Classic Ivory was supposed to be the best match for me, and looked fine in the bottle but way too light when applied. It also settled into every crevice and pore on my face, reminding me of the L'oreal commercial with Andie MacDowell saying "I hate looking like someone baked a cake on my face". It was exactly like that. I will say that the scent was pleasant and it didn't smell like a low end drugstore foundation.

Video Reviews & Tutorials