L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 4/30/2005 10:47:00 PM

Well its only my first day using this, but I am so excited about it that I have to review it now!!! I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! I wouldn't have tried but, but I saw the true match swatches and one disappeared on my skin so I decided to give it a try. I AM SO GLAD that I did. It goes on so smoothlly, looks natural and gives me flawless coverage and doesnt feel heavy at all. This is my new HG..and at that price who could be happier. I always thought that I had an uneven skin tone, but it was the makeup that was causing it, not my skin.
I also got the powder and it is perfect also. I am returning all of the expensive stuff I have tried and buying more of this! I LOVE IT!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I followed the directions on how to get a perfect match and it ended up being a weird grayish ashy color on my skin. The concealer was way too dark and accentuated my problem areas. Crap, if you ask me!

on 4/30/2005 4:36:00 PM

FINALLY found a good match for my skintone at a d/s level! Its a sheer coverage foundation, but it works and that's all I need. I'm pleased with the color selection and the color of it. I've been using it every day and at first I did break out because of it. But my skin is fine now...it might have just been an acne moment. I hope they never discontinue it!

on 4/28/2005 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This has got to be one of the most *frustrating* foundations I've ever come across. It has good points; namely it is one of just 2-3 foundations I've found in my lifetime that actually matches my skin. I use the lightest warm shade. It's nearly impossible to find makeup that light, much less that light and warm toned. My frustration comes in because despite the gorgeous color match, something I've struggled to find for so long, I can't bear the texture or finish of this foundation. It is liquidy, very silicone-y; it feels unpleasant to blend and slightly icky on my face. It doesn't cover very well, so the slight redness on my cheeks and chin is visible as well as any blemishes or dark scars. Also, I am used to using matte or ultra matte foundations, but something about the finish of this is just awful. It looks dull, not nicely matte and emphasizes any dry skin you have. When it's all said and done, my skin is a wreck with this stuff on. Sure, it matches my neck but it looks dull, poorly camouflaged, and with obvious flaky skin I didn't even know I had. GRRRR! I could only recommend this foundation to people with normal to slighty oily, virtually perfect skin. I gave this 2 stars for the color selection only. If only other cosmetics companies will expand their shade range this way.

on 4/26/2005 9:12:00 PM

I bought the sets of mini bottles that included a range of shades from neutral to cool to warm. I love the fact that they did this bcus I was able to test this out in several different lights. I finally settled on W7. Perfect. It didn't turn my face a rancid shade of orange, nor did it oxidize, two things that seem to ALWAYS happen to me. Because of my very yellow/olive undertones, I needed something that was slightly yellow, I think the base seems to be more yellow than anything.

Finally! Someone has got it right. I wasn't crazy that this wasn't sealed, nor the shape of the bottle. I wish it was a pump so I don't contaminate the rest of the liquid when I use a sponge. But I can deal with it. The small mouth prevents spillage.. I like that.

This gives you a slightly dewy look. If you're looking for something matte, skip this. It's soft, has VERY barely noticeable shimmer (only visible if you inspect your skin) which I think gives you a softer look. It's not heavy coverage. Sort of reminds me of the texture of tinted moisturizer. This doesn't have great staying power, but I never cared much about that bcus I HATE the look of heavy makeup. I sort of dig the fact it goes away by day's end and it doesn't clump or crease. And I should also mention that I have never worn a liquid foundation or any foundation for that matter bcus I was scared of looking overly made up. Thanks L'Oreal, I think I found my calling

C40 - GGG

on 4/23/2005 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have normal-to-oily skin that's slightly acne prone. I'm in my early 20s and my main concern is covering some recessed acne scars. L'Oreal True Match is a great medium-coverage foundation that is easy to blend and wears well. On me, it has a semi-matte finish that looks natural. My skin did not become oilier than normal and has not broken out after 2 weeks of use. I use shade W7 (caramel beige, the warm shade in the medium-deep category), and it is the best drugstore match I have found for my medium, very warm (am of Middle Eastern descent) skin. For comparison, I wear MAC C5 in Face & Body and am a MMM/GGG.

on 4/23/2005 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this over a tinted moisturizer, and it really balances out my imperfections. The reason I'm so hooked it because I have yet to find a foundation that matches my skin so well and doesn't look fake compared to my body (I have a cool toned face and warm toned body). It's no HG, but it's good enough for now.

on 4/23/2005 9:43:00 PM

The color for me was actually pretty good but I have to agree the staying power is just not up to par. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my chantecaille-but eeek didn't find it. Although it didnt break me out--it just generally came off my face in about 4 or 5 hours and imperfections showed through--which is just not cool! Also--its also kind of oily--which I'm not a fan of. I think the only thing it has going for it-is the vast array of colors. (But then again-mixing and blending can do the job as well!)

on 4/23/2005 7:43:00 PM

For an inexpensive foundation, this isn't bad. It does create a natural glowy finish. However, I agree with islander13 in that it just doesn't last. If it weren't for that quality, this foundation would be almost perfect. Oh, well. Still searching for my HG.

This stuff is the BEST! I've been looking forever for a foundation that gives a flawless finish without the mask-like look - THIS IS IT! You only need to use a tiny bit of it because it blends amazingly and evens out your skin town- it even makes my mom's 57-year old skin look fabulous.

Video Reviews & Tutorials