October 24, 2014 | 1711 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2004 8:42:00 PM More reviews by trixkiddo

I got this at Ulta after asking one of the salesladies for help trying to find a foundation that wouldn't break me out or make my skin flake. This hasn't so far, but I'm keeping an eye out. True match in Nude Beige did match my skin perfectly though, a first for me. It's sheerer than I thought it would be, but it does cover and give my skin a glow.
*edit* So sad, this covered perfectly, stayed on for hours...and broke me out like mad. I've given up on foundation and now my skin in more clearer, so I don't need it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2004 1:00:00 AM More reviews by anooshka

I hardly every wear foundation...not because my skin is perfect by any means. I just can't be bothered, never find a good match (except for MAC Studiofix powder foundation), and hate how it comes off when I go to blow my nose. So, I am not sure what compelled me to try this stuff. But hey, I did. And I really really like it. It was CAD $10 (so great price). The container is a glass jar. ie. sucks for travelling and getting the product out. But the colour match I found is quite good. The best I have ever found (except for the Studio Fix) and it does blend really well and doesn't feel greasy on my skin at all ( I have oily skin that has been relatively clear after my Accutane regimen last year). I also tried mixing this with a bit of oil free lotion with SPF to make a tinted moisturizer and it was gorgeous. I am not saying I will be wearing this every day because that's truly too high-maintanance for me, but it will be great to have on hand for days when I want to look a bit more polished. As for how well it wears, when I used a tissue to blow my nose I did get some foundation on the tissue but it wasn't too bad. And I used Clean&Clear blotting sheets throught out the day to keep it fresh. I think if you can find a good colour match and your skin is not too oily or too flaky it might be a nice option to try.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2004 3:35:00 AM More reviews by sillysilly

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awful. I bought it because I was intrigued by the promise of a good color match, since I have difficult to match skin (a light/medium olive tone), and it actually did match... but... it wears horribly and offers paltry coverage. I wouldn't be wearing makeup at all if I didn't have a couple marks and redness that I wanted to tone down. When this is put on over marks though, it looked grey, which is just as bad as the original problem. Plus, even though my skin is hardly dry (more on the oily side, in fact), it made my skin look that way- it didn't smooth out in a nice way and seemed to make my skin look flaky. The results were the same with and without sunscreen and/or a light moisturizer. This stuff is going back to the store.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2004 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Cinmun226

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must have bought the wrong color (I know that is not supposed to happen, that is the point of this foundation, right?) but on me it is very visible, going on almost chalky and streaky, even after blending with a sponge, fingers, etc. It just will not sit right on my skin for some reason. I will not repurchase, I hesitate use it even as a backup foundation, when I run out of my favorite Prescriptives. Good thing I bought it at a buy one get one free sale with my friend, I think she did like hers however.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2004 1:37:00 AM More reviews by eanj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is fabulous! I am a PPP (NC 15) and find that the N1 shade is perfect. I should mention that my skin is fairly clear and even-toned to begin with, but this foundation nicely covers up any redness and leaves a very natural finish. It also holds up well in any weather. I have used it in northern Canada, Florida, and the dry desert of Arizona; it lasted all day everywhere! In addition, my skin can get a little dry. This formula is very forgiving in that it doesn't make my "flakies" any more noticeable. It also doesn't break me out! The SPF 17 is an added bonus. I recently tried Clinique's version of this, but was disappointed with its lack of sun protection. It was also very good, but still not in the league of True Match. I've tried them all (MAC, Shiseido, Estee Lauder, Lola, etc.), but after 3 years, I still love this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2004 6:42:00 PM More reviews by bdancelady

I tried this product looking for a TRUE MATCH.(Ha ha) Well one good thing is that they have several colors to try. But one bad thing is they have several colors to try. I had a hard time identifing my undertone warm, cool, or neutral. But anyway the blendability was quite good it seemed very light. But I tried 3 colors and could not find a good match.(I have an olive complexion). It didn't break me out which is a plus and it did give some light to medium coverage. Didn't work for me but might be promising for others.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2004 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Aucoinophile

Love!!! Total HG!!! I got w2 which is my regular shade and w7 for very natural bronzing and contouring and I love both.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2004 5:24:00 PM More reviews by two_blue_bugs

I found the closest foundation color to my skin that I ever have and am glad I tried True Match. I tried the 3-bottle sample pack to find the correct shade (very helpful to be able to try it out first!) The foundation is a little thin for me though, I have serious acne problems and am still left with red blotches on my skin after applying. I also don't care for the glass bottle - I either pour too much or too little foundation out and would rather it be in a plastic tube of some kind. The foundation is nice, but I think I'll try one of the other matching foundations out there after my bottle runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2004 11:10:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

Being that I am normally the lightest shade of foundation in any line but recently "bottle tanned" to a nice dark shade, I wasn't sure how to shop for a darker shade. So I figured I would try a nice drugstore brand and go from there.

Am I glad I decided to go with True Match! I was checking out the color ranges at the drugstore and went with a color in my range that looked like it would most match my skin. Well, guess what? It's a perfect match! And not only is the color perfect, the finish is perfect as well. I don't even need to worry about powder. The foundation gives my skin a flawless appearance. I'm wearing W3 Nude Beige so I guess that would make me a MMM. (Normally I'm a PPP.) I have combo skin and this isn't too heavy or oily at all. My only complaint is the glass bottle doesn't make it practical for travel which stinks. I will definitely pick up a bottle of this in my PPP shade for the winter when I let my "tan" fade. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2004 2:33:00 PM More reviews by LaraConn

So, I thought I was set with my current foundation, but I was curious. Wal-Mart had a three-color sample pack for less than $2, so I picked one up to try. Am I glad I did! Two shades were a bit "off," but the third was indeed my "True Match." The texture of this foundation is just amazing, too. It goes on very light, and feels sheer, but provides amazing coverage. It takes a lot to impress me, but this foundation has done it. My next purchase? A full size bottle in my perfect shade!