March 2, 2015 | 1143 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2004 10:38:00 AM More reviews by glitteratti

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not a bad foundation for the price and for the right skin. Not for oily, tending to break-out types, tho. On my skin, the color I chose was great, went on smoothly and had enough staying power for most of the day. Coverage is fine for me, as I have no real "skin issues", except for dryness, which I take care of using a moisturizer before applying foundation. I have medium color skin, and use "Amber" in Jane Iredale loose powder at times. In True Match, I chose Shell Beige (C4).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2004 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Skeptic

Pros:
1. Color match isn't too bad for my medium Asian skin.
2.Sheer-medium coverage that looks natural, gives dewy look.

Cons:
1. Give me huge zits. (not oil-free)
2. glass bottle is hard to access
3. Dries fairly quickly, not that easy to blend as advertisement says.

Price is ok, but would never purchase this again b/c I broke out like crazy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2004 5:39:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

Okay, this is a sheer foundation. This isn't meant for opaque coverage, it's sheer. It will not cover the big pimples, and the big bumps on your face. It does match, when you get a foundation,you get it 2 shades darker. This is great though, it's not for every skin type. Even it is great as a sheer concealer under the eyes. When you are about to buy a foundation test it on the back of your wrist in natural day light.
Update: I don't like it, totally broke me out badly

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2004 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Chicquita

Considering that the whole idea behind this product line is that it can match the color of your skin, I was really disappointed with it. I bought this in W4, and while it looked like a match for me when I tried some on my wrist and used the little in-store color match thing, it made me look like a big ol' pumpkin when I actually used it on my face. Yes, that's right girls, another one of those all too common orange-based foundations. The application felt pretty light and comfortable on, but the coverage was too minimal for me, and it just wasn't buildable, without getting all cakified.

But the main thing for me was that the color selection was pretty sucky. And so, it looks like I'm definitely going back to Almay.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2004 9:42:00 AM More reviews by adrif

I am fairly pale and have always had a hard time finding foundation. I also don't like looking "made up"; I just want something to even tone. Also, I have freckles, and if I use something that covers them up I look fake. I break out fairly easily and don't recall having a problem with this, but I've gone through one bottle of N1 now so my skin may have just gotten used to it. I've switched to C1, as I started feeling N1 was a little too sallow and not pinky enough for me in winter time. I put it on a little heavy over dark eye circles, and then lightly, sponging excess, everywhere else. I've noticed it exacerbates dry areas a bit, but other than that I've had no problems.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2004 10:39:00 AM More reviews by kerrilc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The whole idea of a drugstore foundation which naturally blended with my skin was very appealing. However, this foundation is the worst I have ever tried. It made me break out (and I never break out). It looked greasy on my skin and didn't cover anything. I really wish this would have worked but its back to high end for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2004 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Kwazi

I luv'd this product! i've been searching for a drugstore foundation that I can use everyday and I think I've found it. The price $8.39 seemd a bit steep fut normal. I tried W7 and W8 and W8 seemed a tad bit to orange though I could of pulled it off, It may be great for the summer. I wound up going with W7, it was perfect! When I put it on it blened evenly and smooth. I couldnt even tell I had put it on it was so perfect,it smoothed out my blemishes and made my face look really natural without all the caky makeup look. It feels very light and I have had no problem with oilyness or break outs. My only set-back is that I wish the packaging was a little bigger and that maybe the foundation could feel a little more moisturized. But its okay as long as you put moisturizer on first.

Though its not for everyone I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2004 3:47:00 PM More reviews by KateB518

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am always on the lookout for the perfect foundation/tinted moisturizer and have tried everything!!

Color: 5 lippies. My PPP (NC 15 - 20) complexion is tough to match and I don't like heavy coverage. True Match N1 (soft ivory) is the best match I have ever found! (FYI: Clinique Superfit petal is close too, but is less matte and provides more coverage.)

Texture/Coverage: 3 lippies. The texture is very lightweight, but the coverage is fairly opaque and matte. I have combination skin, but I am reviewing this product in Colorado in the late fall so...the conditions are very dry. Generally, I would prefer something a bit more sheer, but the color is such a good match I will make do & maybe dilute with a little moisturizer.

Package: 3 lippies. eh. Not great, not horrible. I would have preferred a pump or a tube, but at least I can recycle the glass bottle when I'm done.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2004 12:15:00 PM More reviews by vze3bn2k

I'm an asian with light oliver skin, oily prone acne skin, but since it sometime turns a bit red, so i decided to go for the natural line instead of the warmth line. I first got it in N3 (natural buff), it was wayyy too dark for me. Then I went switched to N2 (classic ivory), a bit too light and not yellow enough to match my neck. But well, I can deal with that.. dust little bit of powder will fix that part. I always like foundation that is light & sheer, yet provide little bit of coverage, but doesnt look very matte completely. When I was trying it out on my hand, i thought I had a winner. It felt soo smooth, very blendable. But when really using on my face, it makes me felt like an oil slick in 4 - 5 hours. Feel so heavy and uncomfy. I don't know if this is just Loreal, cos so far I only have this same problem with LOreal foundations (i've tried ideal balance, air wear, etc) they all turned to quite oily and heavy within few hours. And it doesn't contain SPF at all, so I can only use it during late evening or night. I will keep using it till I'm done with this bottle probably as it hasnt broke me out at all so far. But won't repurchase for sure. Glad I only paid less than $4 for it (and it came with a free eyeshadow base), so I didn't really lose much money on it. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2004 7:57:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation went on silky, and felt good on my face. It did emphasize some of my dry areas.
Soft Ivory was a bit light, not a perfect match.
After wearing for six hours, it had worn off and looked a bit cakey. I have combo skin, with an oily T-zone. This may work on someone who has normal skin.

Edited to add:
I decided to give this another chance, and used it several more times, and now I really like it!
The color isn't a perfect match, so I may look for a slightly darker shade. I love putting this on! It goes on smoothly, and feels nice on my face. Maybe I was having a bad face day when I first tried it. It looks good and stays pretty well throughout the day. Now, it's a keeper! Anyone else that disliked this- give it another try! You may change your mind, like I did!

Edited To Add: After trying another shade, I found N2- Classic Ivory, which works well for me. I know that I'm a *cool*, but I couldn't bring myself to buy one of the cool tones. They look way too pink, so I went with a neutral. Still loving this! It looks very natural, like I'm not even wearing foundation. You can't beat that!