L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 4/23/2005 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this over a tinted moisturizer, and it really balances out my imperfections. The reason I'm so hooked it because I have yet to find a foundation that matches my skin so well and doesn't look fake compared to my body (I have a cool toned face and warm toned body). It's no HG, but it's good enough for now.

on 4/23/2005 9:43:00 PM

The color for me was actually pretty good but I have to agree the staying power is just not up to par. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my chantecaille-but eeek didn't find it. Although it didnt break me out--it just generally came off my face in about 4 or 5 hours and imperfections showed through--which is just not cool! Also--its also kind of oily--which I'm not a fan of. I think the only thing it has going for it-is the vast array of colors. (But then again-mixing and blending can do the job as well!)

on 4/23/2005 7:43:00 PM

For an inexpensive foundation, this isn't bad. It does create a natural glowy finish. However, I agree with islander13 in that it just doesn't last. If it weren't for that quality, this foundation would be almost perfect. Oh, well. Still searching for my HG.

This stuff is the BEST! I've been looking forever for a foundation that gives a flawless finish without the mask-like look - THIS IS IT! You only need to use a tiny bit of it because it blends amazingly and evens out your skin town- it even makes my mom's 57-year old skin look fabulous.

on 4/17/2005 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

With this officially fabulous liquid foundation available in 24 non-peachy shades, it's bound to match your skin tone to a T...or an F, for "fabulous." Its coverage is moderate, with the need for corrector for redness, and concealer for those boo-boos that just don't go away. ;).

Overall grade: A

on 4/17/2005 12:44:00 AM

I'll recommend this to anyone who doesn't break out easily. The blendability of the formula is outstanding, the texture feels nice, and it's so light that you forget you're wearing it, but I had blemishes every day for the two weeks it took me to find a new foundation. There's plenty of oil in the formula, and whatever they used just did not work with my skin at all -- I don't break out very easily, either, but this stuff gave me a run for my money.

Those of you with combination skin might have better luck with Almay Clear Complexion.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this at Fred Meyers a few days ago (or rather, had my grandmother buy for me) for $10. THIS STUFF IS PHENOMINAL. I love it. No creases, no smudging, no fading. It's great. I use the shade "light ivory." It blends so well you can't even tell you're wearing it (and I don't wear any other makeup on my face, other than eye stuff). I highly recommend this product.

on 4/14/2005 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lots of colors and I found one that matched me perfectly. However, this foundation did nothing for my skin. If you just need really light coverage, this might be a good condition. But, I like the poreless, flawless look...so I will have to keep searching

on 4/13/2005 11:29:00 AM

With all the hype that preceded this foundation, I thought I would give it a go. My skin is fair with freckles and is typically combination skin. I ususally find it hard to get an exact match which further urged me to try True Match. Initially, I chose the N1 shade which I found a little light although it blended well with my skin tone. People commented however, that I looked a little peaky!! Not the desired effect! So, yesterday I bought a darker shade, N4, and it's a big improvement! Onc I apply powder during the day to my T-zone, the foundation doesn't slip off. Today, girls at work were asking me what foundation I had on coz that they wanted to try it too. If you like a light foundation thats not too 'in your face' and is easy on the purse strings, then I would definitely recommend True Match.

on 4/12/2005 8:12:00 PM

i am shocked--SHOCKED--at how much i love this. after years of using drugstore foundations i switched to higher-end ones, because they were always easier on my skin and usually better quality. i thought i had sworn off drugstore makeup for good. but then last week i was in the supermarket, and i was really depressed, and you know when you're in one of those moods where you just need to buy makeup, and you don't really care what? so my inner demons made me frivolously pick up a bottle of this stuff in N2, and boy am i glad they did. this stuff is fantastic. it blends like a dream, covers as much as you want it to, and does not need powder to set, which i find ironic...i always have to set all of my "oil free" foundations with pounds of powder, but this stuff, which does not feel oil free, sets by itself and stays all day. i also usually get greasy by 4 with oil-free foundations, and not with this at all. it's amazing--i really love this stuff. it makes me want to throw my laura mercier out a window.
the cons, however, must be stated: i'm not nuts about the color match and didn't really feel like a lot of the colors were all that great, even though that's supposed to be the whole point of the foundation. but it blends so well that it's not really too much of an issue. i'm also not crazy about the staying power by itself, although with a little concealer to help it hold up it doesn't fade too disastrously by the end of the day. packaging is terrible but what can you do for $9? i also have found that this doesn't work very well with a foundation brush...it spreads a lot easier on the face if you use your fingers, which isn't so great hygienically but whatever. i'm just psyched that i found something that covers, doesn't need powder, and doesn't look or feel like i'm wearing ten pounds of makeup. it's definitely worth a try.

Video Reviews & Tutorials