July 22, 2014 | 1718 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2003 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Kirsten12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know some people say this formula and skincare regime is "old school", but this moisturizer works the best for me. I've tried Biore and other drugstore brands, and this just quenches my skin the best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2003 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an Ok product. I read somewhere that it is basically a more expensive version of Cetaphils lotion. It is ok, and moisturizes my dry skin pretty well, but I can't use it everyday because it doesn't have an SPF. So it is relegated to night-time usage only. I will use up all my samples one day , but I hate the packaging.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2003 10:58:00 AM More reviews by blondeambitioned

Maybe they should rename this stuff to "Dramatically Pore-Clogging Moisturizing Lotion". It has all of the worst ingredients for someone with sensitive or acne-prone skin, especially petroleum and mineral oil!! DO NOT, DO NOT EVER put this on your face if you break out at all. This stuff does to your skin what fried chicken does for someone on a diet. Stay away!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2003 8:20:00 AM More reviews by pmakraki

Skin: Sensitive/combination which means oily during summer and dry in winter.
    This creme actually cured my face from a severe dehydration. I like that is fragranced free and its yellow color. It never broke me out, just the opposite my skin was always healthy and soft. About 2-3 weeks ago the bottle ended and i decided, for a change, to buy something lighter for the summer, so i got Oil-free moisture formula from the same brand.Oh God, i've regreted sooo much! Stay away from this one! It's an absolute disaster for the face so i stopped it and then i bought a drugstore one that it didn't seem to work either and now my face looks like hell(red,itchy,flaked,with red spots)
    Total waste of time, money and awful skin. As soon as i get paid i will buy DDML again!
    Only one problem: The bottle needs to change to a pump or tube cause in the beginning there is too much spilling and when the product is almost finished u can't get it out of the bottle!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2003 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Sablois

Gross! It has mineral oil in it! For anyone with Normal or Oily skin, this is horrible! I can't believe this is even on the market! But at least it doesn't remove nail polish like the Clinique 'Clarifying Lotion' (toner) does! Yikes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2003 7:08:00 PM More reviews by allegro_barbaro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Sorry but there is nothing dramatically different about this moisturiser. It has a greasy feel to it and I seem to meet alot of peope who ask me if I want a bottle of moisturiser that doesn't work for them and guess what it is??

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2003 3:19:00 PM More reviews by reynoldskl

I persoanlly think that this product is very over priced. Whilst I don't doubt that it is a decent moisturiser on normal skin types, I feel it just doesn't compete with other products in the same price band. For example the 'one mosituriser fits all' attitude of clinique is poor in my book as this product blatently isn't suitable for all skin types (not rich enough for my mum's dry skin yet too rich for my oily skin), plus it does not have a sunscreen which is a must! This product will in no way make you feel pampered or change your skin for the better in my experience.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2003 6:51:00 PM More reviews by pinky0710

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have normal skin, and I know a lot of people hate this lotion, but it actually works fine for me. It is a basic moisturizer, the formulation is very basic, but it serves the main purpose: to moisturize the skin.
    I find that you only need a little bit w/ this lotion. Oily skin might not want to use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2003 1:30:00 AM More reviews by ozahiru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i started using this product since i was teenage. First , introduce it by my mom. i have a sensitive combination skin , kinda dry & oil on t-zone. i luv this product. it never give me any irritate on my skin. im kinda amazes that some people hate it. Since i was teenage i never had blackhead/mild acne prone skin which cause by this product. it give my skin smooth & soft year around. i love it & will buy it again for sure. the things that i dont like about the product is kinda oily or greasy when first apply but after a while it 's doing fine and another thing is smell. the product didnt have a bad smill but i just hope they make it smell greater than this. otherwise it 's a great product , but im not recommend this product for oil skin person. if u have a oil skin , you should stay away for it dont pay this much 'cz this product is kinda princy if it's not for u. i got a lot of friend who got oily skin & most of 'em hate it so my suggestion is just use GWP to try on if u still want to try , so u dont have to pay the price. But so far so good for me. this product work great w/t me :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2003 4:55:00 PM More reviews by GlamouretteGirl28

This moisturizer has a very strange consistency... too liquid-y. It does do a nice job of softening skin though. I much prefer Kiehl's or Clean & Clear though, but I do keep a GWP bottle of this as a backup. It's a HG product to my mom though!