Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 9/22/2010 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

LOVE this foundation!! Been using for 5+ years. My favorite shade/formula is 440 Mahogany/Combination Oily Skin. What's especially great about this foundation is that it has excellent coverage that lasts all day, color stays true, low transfer. Perfection in a bottle...

on 9/20/2010 12:07:00 PM

I bought this product yesterday as I read all of the positive reviews and thought it was worth a shot.My skin is super pale and I always end up looking orange but the Ivory colour matched my skin perfectly! I bought the one for dry skin as my acne cream tends to make my skin dry and it blended so well.I have some scars on my chin where I used stippling and once it drys they're covered really well- I didn't even need concealer. So far I'm very happy and think I've finally found my HG foundation! I'm giving it 4/5 as it really needs a pump and is a bit expensive for a drug store product.

on 9/20/2010 3:36:00 AM

Excellent product.
Lasts all day, excellent coverage but the colour is very natural - could not live without it! A+ product.

on 9/19/2010 11:31:00 PM

I ADORE this foundation, regular price it IS a little expensive for a drugstore foundation but the product itself is GREAT! stays forever and the coverage is really good... it is a little difficult to blend and I WISH the bottle came with a pump but overall is one of my top 5 fave foundations! I own it in tons of colors to custom match myself at any time by mixing! so awesome, keep your eyes peeled for bogo in drugstores then STOCK UP!

on 9/19/2010 11:26:00 PM

The one for oily and combination skin has very thick texture which provides definitely medium to full coverage. I find this foundation get darker after few hours, so I chose the color slighterly lighter than my skin tone. After few hours, it just matches my skintone perfectly. Staying power is strong, I will say it lasts more then 6 hours. But my face does get oily after lunch break, but it is definitely tolerable. I use fingers to apply, and I apply it really quickly as it tends to dry in a very short time. But mixing with face lotion, or tiny bit of other foundation with thinner texture does make it easier to apply. Another good ways is to apply it will wet sponge. Personally I do not like to use foundation brush, so I have no idea how the affect will be.

It is my second bottle. i will not say it is the really good foundation. I like Dior Forever more. But it is definitely the best drugstore foundation I have used and if you are looking for sth with good coverage and lasts long time, you will be happy with this. I found the texture is very similar to some of the MAC foundations, so I am happy that this foundation gives the similar result with cheaper price.

on 9/19/2010 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Omg! HG! i was applying this fndtn wrong the whole time! I was using my fingers and it was OK. But today i decided to try stippling and i L O V E it! makes my skin look airbrushed and gorgeous! will buy again when i run out! :D

on 9/19/2010 10:15:00 PM

I LOVE this foundation. I have used soooo many different kinds of foundations from cream, liquid, stick, powder and they all looked patchy on my skin, because of the dryness on my cheeks, no matter what I did. I thought that having a patchy face was just what I had to live with. Then after watching YouTube video reviews I decided to purchase revlon colorstay in the color buff in the normal to dry formula. And it looks like airbrushed skin when I apply it. I use a dampened sponge and it looks so flawless. I tried using a brush and it didn't look good at all, the sponge is the way to go!!! I just can't believe that finally I have found the most wonderful foundation for my skin!!! I'm just too excited.

on 9/19/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to like this foundation. However, it always ended up looking like a caked on mess. Ive tried several different ways of applying it, always getting the same result. I was using the oily/combination skin formula, and my face just seemed to get even more oily as the day went on. Then trying to blot with powder would just make it worse.

At first I found that the oily/combination revlon colorstay foundation was very hard to apply and make it look natural..So i ended up going back to my powder ive been using often.....but then one day i decided to apply it again with face lotion and it looked flawless please try this technique if you felt that it looked dry, cakey, or just un natural...i would recommend trying this technique!!! :) Now it is my favorite foundation!!..
..............I should also add that this is a buildable foundation but looks great when its applied to be full coverage!!!! To get really full coverage i apply it with a MAC 190 brush.

on 9/19/2010 1:38:00 PM

dint like this foundation,too heavy and cakey,looks like a mask even when just a little is applied, and very flat looking. if your after a foundation with great staying power similar to el dw but way better then i highly recommend the new mac pro longwear foundation! def the best foundation ive had