Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 8/21/2008 10:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Glad I payed very little for this at CVS. I used it with primer, and maybe it would do better without it, but my lashes looked so bad I don't even want to try. All the other mascaras I try at least look decent with my lash primer, but this was all short, spidery lashes. I didn't love lash blast so much, but it could be managed and made to look pretty good-this stuff I can't see working with. It says not to let it dry between coats, but it did nothing much no matter how much I used. One thing it most certainly did not do is give me 9 times the volume. In fact, it gave me none. Sorry, but I can't recommend it. I'll give it to my daughter, the poor kid gets to try all the 'rejects' I have, and thanks to the fine girls (and guys!) on MUA, I'm spending more than ever on my makeup problem. Edit 10/26/08: got this back put, tried it and thought it wasn't horrible. The 3rd day, so all in all the 4th time I used it,the top piece that wipes the excess off broke off, rendering this unusable. I remembered reading this had happened three times to someone on this site. Never in my 40 years has this happened to me and I use makeup/mascara every single workday. This stuff needs to be removed from shelves and retooled package- wise.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

this really didn't do anything for me - made my lashes clumpy and spikey. also - has kind of a strong floral scent.

def not worth the money!

on 8/21/2008 9:01:00 AM

Am I the only one who deosn't mind the smell? I actually have to stick my nose right to the tube to be able to smell it, oh well, moving on...

I got this at my local pharmacy for only $2.99!!!!!!!!
I think it's a pretty good mascara, I generally have good things to say about maybelline mascara and this time is no different. This gives me a semi dramatic look with 2-3 coats, which is fine for daytime. I never curl my lashes but I'm willing to bet my lashes would look fantastic with this mascara if they were curled beforehand. I also like the brush, I honestly was getting tired of all those rubber/plastic I'm glad that this has a normal bristle brush. Not an awesome mascara, I still haven't found my HG, but a good mascara none the less. (ESPECIALLY FOR $2.99! LOL!)

on 8/21/2008 3:27:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this in the color "Glam Black." The color seems darker than regular black; it looked too fake. It irritated my eyes badly. Not to mention whatever is in the formula smells like poison. I didn't see any volume; it mostly took the curl out of my lashes.

on 8/21/2008 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this mascara! It makes my short, stick-straight Asian lashes long and lush. It gives enough volume to make my lashes noticeable. But it's not too much volume to make me look like Tammy Faye. I don't find the brush difficult to work with at all. I do put on several coats, going back and worth from one eye to another to allow some drying time. That helps the volume even more. Best of all, it does not smudge! I have such oily skin that everything pretty much smudges. I have been using Shiseido's Lasting Lift mascara but it's so hard to take off at the end of the day. This mascara just washes off so well with a regular cleanser. Love love love! And the dirt cheap drug store price makes it even better. Definitely HG for me!

on 8/19/2008 7:27:00 PM

I think it creates more length than volume for me. It's true that it does smell kind of bad at first. I think the other Mabyelline mascaras work just as well tho. I've used the XXL previously. I like it, but will probably try something else next to see if there's anything better.

on 8/18/2008 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It wilted my curl, has a decent color, smell, and packaging, but - for a supposedly "volumizing" mascara, it did even less than some lenthening mascaras have done! I'm v. disappointed. My regular Volum' Express Waterproof gives me more, and I'll be going back to that and the Turbo version.

Dear Colossol Volum' Express,
I'm sorry. I judged you too harshly, and for that I apologize. You still don't give me the volume I'd like, but after putting on about 6 layers of you, I got decent lash drama. I may repurchase you if I don't find something else, and I hope you'll take me back, if it comes to that.

Dear CVE,
I tried you in Glam Black. Have you reformulated? I find myself a tad spidery and not at all impressive. Fix thyself!

on 8/17/2008 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Okay first off, this packaging is gorgeous (but of course it is, maybelline made the super-cute define-a-lash!). But this product is not only presented well it works! I've never used a mascara that made my lashes look so thick AND defined with just enough lengthening. And after I use it there's no heaviness. It feels like I've only applied 1 and a half coats of great lash. The brush doesn't have scarcely any clumps which I was suprised since it wasn't a rubber bristled wand. But this so far is my HG mascara, which is great because it's so affordable. I can't wait for the waterproof!

P.S. The smell is kinda bleh, but it goes away in like 2 seconds so who cares!

on 8/16/2008 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm not really impressed with this mascara. On the one hand, it's better than Lash Blast, which flakes like crazy and clumps my lashes into a big spiderlegy mess. Colossal, on the other hand, doesn't clump as much, it doesn't flake at all and makes my lashes look thicker and fuller. The problem is the the amount of product on the brush. The tube doesn't control the product amount properly, so you have to wipe the brush on a tissue before applying and even then, you have to be careful not to over apply and wind up with clumps. Hopefully, Maybelline will fix the tube to prevent this in the future, because I think if you were able to control the amount of product better, you would get a smoother application. Oh, and the smell - yes, it's a little overwhelming at first, but it only lasts a few seconds and then evaporates. Overall, a decent drugstore choice for thick glam lashes, but nowhere near HG status.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

I love this mascara!! the brush is a bit thick but after a few while i got use to it. as for the smell its not that strong and after a few secs you cant even notice the smell anymore. i have tiny tiny and thin eyelashes and this product makes them look WOW and HUGE!

P.S I love the packaging, the neon yellow with the purple is so cute.