Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 8/21/2008 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this mascara! It makes my short, stick-straight Asian lashes long and lush. It gives enough volume to make my lashes noticeable. But it's not too much volume to make me look like Tammy Faye. I don't find the brush difficult to work with at all. I do put on several coats, going back and worth from one eye to another to allow some drying time. That helps the volume even more. Best of all, it does not smudge! I have such oily skin that everything pretty much smudges. I have been using Shiseido's Lasting Lift mascara but it's so hard to take off at the end of the day. This mascara just washes off so well with a regular cleanser. Love love love! And the dirt cheap drug store price makes it even better. Definitely HG for me!

on 8/19/2008 7:27:00 PM

I think it creates more length than volume for me. It's true that it does smell kind of bad at first. I think the other Mabyelline mascaras work just as well tho. I've used the XXL previously. I like it, but will probably try something else next to see if there's anything better.

on 8/18/2008 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

WHERE IS THE VOLUME!?

It wilted my curl, has a decent color, smell, and packaging, but - for a supposedly "volumizing" mascara, it did even less than some lenthening mascaras have done! I'm v. disappointed. My regular Volum' Express Waterproof gives me more, and I'll be going back to that and the Turbo version.

EDIT:
Dear Colossol Volum' Express,
I'm sorry. I judged you too harshly, and for that I apologize. You still don't give me the volume I'd like, but after putting on about 6 layers of you, I got decent lash drama. I may repurchase you if I don't find something else, and I hope you'll take me back, if it comes to that.

EDIT 2:
Dear CVE,
I tried you in Glam Black. Have you reformulated? I find myself a tad spidery and not at all impressive. Fix thyself!

on 8/17/2008 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Okay first off, this packaging is gorgeous (but of course it is, maybelline made the super-cute define-a-lash!). But this product is not only presented well it works! I've never used a mascara that made my lashes look so thick AND defined with just enough lengthening. And after I use it there's no heaviness. It feels like I've only applied 1 and a half coats of great lash. The brush doesn't have scarcely any clumps which I was suprised since it wasn't a rubber bristled wand. But this so far is my HG mascara, which is great because it's so affordable. I can't wait for the waterproof!

P.S. The smell is kinda bleh, but it goes away in like 2 seconds so who cares!

on 8/16/2008 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm not really impressed with this mascara. On the one hand, it's better than Lash Blast, which flakes like crazy and clumps my lashes into a big spiderlegy mess. Colossal, on the other hand, doesn't clump as much, it doesn't flake at all and makes my lashes look thicker and fuller. The problem is the the amount of product on the brush. The tube doesn't control the product amount properly, so you have to wipe the brush on a tissue before applying and even then, you have to be careful not to over apply and wind up with clumps. Hopefully, Maybelline will fix the tube to prevent this in the future, because I think if you were able to control the amount of product better, you would get a smoother application. Oh, and the smell - yes, it's a little overwhelming at first, but it only lasts a few seconds and then evaporates. Overall, a decent drugstore choice for thick glam lashes, but nowhere near HG status.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

I love this mascara!! the brush is a bit thick but after a few while i got use to it. as for the smell its not that strong and after a few secs you cant even notice the smell anymore. i have tiny tiny and thin eyelashes and this product makes them look WOW and HUGE!

P.S I love the packaging, the neon yellow with the purple is so cute.

on 8/14/2008 5:15:00 PM

Well, of course i had to try this stuff after all of the hype. Last time MUA hype led me to Lash Blast, which I fell in love with. This stuff, I also like, but not as much. The brush is hard to get used to, and once you actually use it, it gives great long, defined lashes, however, zero volume really. The way I find it best is to use it with another mascara, like over one with more volume, and that way it totally de-clumps everything (this stuff is basically clump proof) and adds a little length.

But, the worst part... THE SMELL. It's horrible old lady perfume and it's STRONG. I am usually not smell sensitive, but this stuff is awful to the point it makes my eyes water, which is not good for putting on mascara. Also, i wear contacts, so I dont know if that makes a difference. My eyes will continue to water all day too... which sucks. I like the actual mascara, so maybe the smell will go away after a while, I have only had my tube for about a week.

on 8/14/2008 1:37:00 PM

This mascara was just okay for me. I am addicted to Diorshow but hate the $20 price tag. I read the reviews on here and figured for $6 I'd give it a try. It definitely made my lashes look thicker and longer vs. with out mascara but I really like my lashes to stand out and pop and this didn't do the trick. It was too subtle for my taste and I won't repurchase. UPDATE: After a couple more weeks of use this mascara has grown on me! It is actually much more buildable then I originally thought and doesn't flake off or clump with multiple applications. Will repurchase after all!

on 8/14/2008 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I discovered this mascara on my last shopping venture for make up two months ago. I have great eye lashes and needed bigger brushes to get a lot of mascara on for a more dramatic look. This looked like it would do the trick. It certainly added a lot of mascara to the lashes but was messy and the actually mascara was really messy and got all over me and I am an expert at putting mascara on. I never throw make up away ever but this product really just upset me because it was all over the place and did not go one smooth. Great for clubbing because it leaves tons of black mascara on so your eyes pop due to the definition of the mascara but it was disappointing for me on a daily basis; Will not buy again, on to find something new...

on 8/14/2008 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a nice mascara which gives me a little volume, but works little more in the length department for my very short, yet a slightly curvey lashes. However, after three coats, my eyelashes are much more noticable and prettier. I recommend combing through your lashes after each coat to ensure the lessoning of clumping. I use an old mascara wand and it works just fine.