November 28, 2014 | 1473 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by makeuprincess4ever

At first I found that the oily/combination revlon colorstay foundation was very hard to apply and make it look natural..So i ended up going back to my powder ive been using often.....but then one day i decided to apply it again with face lotion and it looked flawless please try this technique if you felt that it looked dry, cakey, or just un natural...i would recommend trying this technique!!! :) Now it is my favorite foundation!!..
..............I should also add that this is a buildable foundation but looks great when its applied to be full coverage!!!! To get really full coverage i apply it with a MAC 190 brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by mdarlow

dint like this foundation,too heavy and cakey,looks like a mask even when just a little is applied, and very flat looking. if your after a foundation with great staying power similar to el dw but way better then i highly recommend the new mac pro longwear foundation! def the best foundation ive had

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by ssherices

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Kimmy said exactly what I was going to write. This isnt a bad foundation, ( I have used much worse) but its not good either. It made my jawline look orange when it got hot and kinda of wet looking. Also I was using this foundation off and on for about a year. Since I stopped using it my skin has cleared up alot. I never thought it was the foundation because it would take a while for my skin to start breaking out. So I thought it was hormonal. After not using this for almost a month my skin is looking better and better. So sadly this isn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by steph42245

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the combination/oily in ivory after reading many of the reviews.

Pros:
Stays on long
Controls oil
Doesn't break me out

Cons:
The bottle! It really needs a pump.

I really like this foundation. It can be a bit pricey (21.99$ CDN) but I waited for it to be on sale. If you want to try this out I recommend doing the same.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by madelinex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm on the fence with Colorstay. On one hand, it's thick, opaque, and the coverage is more full than I want for my skin. On the other hand, it's the only foundation I've that will last the whole day on my very oily skin. I'm not the type of girl who will dish out more than $15 for foundation- I'd rather go HE for fun stuff like lipsticks and eyeshadow. I'm going to try the new MAC longwear foundation when my bottle of Colorstay wears out.

Also to note- the lightest shade matches my skin well, but I wish the bottle had a pump!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by salhon

Ok foundation for a drugstore brand. Ok coverage, did feel comfortable on. I did have to put it on and blend it in small areas. It dries super fast and didn't work if I dotted it everywhere first. I wore this in Ivory. Even though I have oily skin, I found the matte one for oily skin to be too drying and streaky. I preferred to wear the one for normal skin and just blot for oil throughout the day. Overall, I had ok success with the entire Colorstay line. Also, I found this worked a bit better for me if I mixed a little moisturizer into it first. With out the added moisturizer, it went on streaky and too thick. The moisturizer gave it more slip and a softer, more blended look

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by dancer156

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product after reading that is was a medium to full coverage foundation. I find that it BARELY covers my acne scars and I have to pile on concealer afterwards. I'm not sure why people find this a medium-full coverage...I think it's more of a sheer to medium foundation. I had been previously using Prescriptives Virtual Matte, so maybe I was just used to the extreme coverage that gave. Anyway, I did like that Revlon colorstay really does STAY on my face and doesn't melt off toward the end of the day (something other foundations have always done). I thought it controlled shine VERY well too and didn't break out my sensitive acne-prone skin.
If my skin ever gets better looking, I may purchase this again...but for now, I will continue my search for a good full coverage foundation.

EDIT: 10/10/12: After trying Kat Von D's new Lock-It Tattoo Foundation, I am in love!!!! PHENOMENAL coverage without oxidation/greasiness. See my review on this for more details, if you're interested. :)
Hope this review helps!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by michyg

So I had high hopes for this product but it turned out not so great. I wanted to try a drug store brand before I bought high end and I thought this would be good because of all the great reviews on it. Well I looked like a cake when I wore it even if I hardly put any on... plus it did not control my oil at all... Not great for my skin. It did stay on fairly well in my non-oily spots though so if you have dryer skin it may work well for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by rikiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in sand/beige for combination/oily skin. This foundation really stays on! I worked outside in the summer time and in some cases I've had to be out for nearly 7 hours and most make up would seem to melt off (while powders I'd just sweat off). I know, ewww, why would I bother with make up then? Well, I have acne scars and healing blemishes and the last thing I wanted was to show them to the world. Anyways, with colorstay, the coverage was enough to hide all my problem areas while staying on my face the whole day. The coverage was just perfect.

I'm still using it, now in the fall, but I am noticing that on dry areas of my skin it tends to look pretty bad. What I've taken to doing is mixing a drop of colorstay and my regular moisturizer and blending the two on the back of my hand. Then it smooths on like cream.

I'm taking one lippie off for the packaging though. Most of the time I end up pouring out too much because of the open mouth. I wish it had a smaller opening, or better yet, a pump!

EDIT: 07/18/2011, I've changed the method I put on this foundation. I find that with using my fingers or a foundation brush, I end up putting on either too much or I can't blend it smoothly, which makes some areas seem dry and whatnot. I also invested in a stippling brush, but I find I end up putting on a whole lot more foundation than necessary that way.

The best way, is to use a latex sponge (I had to go through two brands before I found one that works). Soak it in water until it expands out and then squish the water out. I find with a wet sponge, I can blend the foundation all over my face and keep it on the sheer side. For the areas where I need a little more foundation to cover up redness or acne scars, etc, I'd stipple with the sponge until those areas are no longer red. With this method my face actually looks nearly flawless and smooth!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by chocoholic966

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I must be in the minority here, but I did not like this product. There was a decent color selection but the one I chose was slightly too dark for my skin. It did not blend in at all, just sat on top of my face, so it looked really unnatural being only slightly too dark. I got the one for combination/oily skin, which I have, and it felt like paint on my skin, accentuating all the uneven spots. It also smells like paint. And stains like paint. While trying to get it out of the bottle it splattered all over my shirt. I guess I should give it props for the staying power-it not only stayed on my face, but also the shirt. The Covergirl Clean I was using is better than this and even cheaper.