January 26, 2015 | 1515 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2004 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Locke

I've gone through a few bottles of this and am quite pleased with it. Although I don't think there is a "true match"-- exact match-- of my skin its good enough. It covers well, has a nice finish, doesn't make me break out (I have pretty sensitive skin and slight rosacea), and lasts decently well. I do get oily after a few hours but I think thats just my skin not the foundation. I would reccomend it.

**UPDATE** So I had surgery a couple weeks ago, and consequentially didn't use foundation for a few days. Lo and behold the redness from my Rosacea cleared up, my probems with pimples around my forehead and chin cleared up, and my face is a lot less blochy on the whole. My skin looks better than it has since I can remember! I've been using this stuff for like 3 years trying dozens of different moisturizers and cleansers to solve my r osacea/acneproblems not realizing that my skin HATES the TRUE MATCH. *pounds head into wall* I'm moving on to mineral makeup (but not Bare Escentuals cause the Bismuth makes me itchy).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2004 3:39:00 PM More reviews by alize9

I WAS NOT ABLE TO FIND THE CORRECT COLOR...THE MATCHES WERE WAY TOO PINK OR CHALKY...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2004 11:11:00 PM More reviews by kelloggs99

The best thing about this foundation is the fact that it does match my skin (I use alabaster in cool). The coverage is light and natural. The drawback? Sometimes the foundation dires too quickly and actually makes my oily skin look dry. Although it goes on matte, my skin becomes extremely oily later. Only covers blemishes minimally. I am going to use my bottle, but I don't think I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2004 9:31:00 PM More reviews by MargaretD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

True Match? I DON'T think so. I purchased the lightest neutral shade, N1 and it was still too yellow for my skin. Definitely not neutral. I wear a Stila 10 or 20 Watts in the Illuminating Liquid Foundation depending on the time of year. In my personal opinion most drugstore foundations are too dark or too yellow for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2004 6:49:00 PM More reviews by oneofthetriangle

Changing this again, it clogs pores really really bad. And it wears off too easily.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2004 7:38:00 PM More reviews by bubblebball15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked this product, but wasn't crazy about it. It certainly gave my oily skin a matte look all morning, but by early afternoon the foundation started to fade away. It doesn't totally conceal large zits and you really have to be sure to blend at the hairline and jawline or you look fake. The color though, matches perfectly (I'm a Classic Beige in Cool) and if applied in moderacy, it gives me a smooth flawless look. Update This color is actually the wrong shade, I am a bit lighter. This is way to light of a foundation and I like powder much better. This dropped one lippie. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2004 1:41:00 PM More reviews by violetsun

I'm not sure I love this as an all over foundation but I was dumbfounded at how well it smoothed over and set my under eye concealer. One gently swipe is all you need so there is no futzing and fiddling, it didn't smear my concealer. It didn't make it do that strange flaking, balling up caking thing. And it dries to a powdery finish quickly thereby eliminating the need for powder under the eyes. Wow my eyes haven't looked this good in years. As a foundation its a bit dry for my skin but that doesn't matter because the way it works with my concealer makes it PRICELESS.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2004 5:54:00 PM More reviews by aries7426

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really curious about this foundation. Unfortunately after just 3 uses I am going to chuck it. At first it's great. I have never had a foundation truly match my skin. The coverage was grade the shade was great. But within 2 hours my face is like an oil slick. My skin has actually been really dry lately so it doesn't make much sense. Except that like that last L'Oreal foundation I tried , Ideal Balance, this is apparently really oily. Oh and guess what? I have lots of new pimples thanks to this foundation. Too bad, I had high hopes for this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2004 11:25:00 AM More reviews by hopeeee77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG- I love this foundation. I have been on an endless quest for a decent foundation that covers my rosacea redness, doesn't accentuate dry patches, lasts all day and leaves skin with a natural, flawless and dewy finish. I selected N2 which seems to be an awesome match for me. I had originally chose C3 which was wayyy too dark out in the natural sunlight- saw the jaw "line". Anyway, I highly recommend this foundation. I like it way better than the bottles of Lancome and Clarins. I gave those away- they sucked!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2004 9:45:00 AM More reviews by tara1218

When I can't afford the best foundation I have found (Estee Lauder Ideal Matte), I have found this to be a good substitute. It blends very well, covers but does not feel too thick or cakey. Color is perfect (no neck line). Does not break me out at all. I prefer the slightly better coverage and longer lasting-ness of the EL and also find True Match can be a little tough to wash off, but all in all, a very good, inexpensive drugstore foundation.