Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [REFORMULATED]

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion  [REFORMULATED]

2.7

Ingredients water ~Glycerin ~sesame oil ~(cucumber) fruit extract~ barley extract (sunflower) seedcake ~glyceryl stearate ~lanolin alcohol ~petrolatum ~FD
This product has been reformulated as Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ Please find reviews for this product here:

on 5/29/2003 10:01:00 AM

I really don't like this moisturizer. I have combination skin, and find that it is too oily for some parts and not moisturizing enough for others. In addition, it causes me to break out in what is either a rash or tiny pimples. I have used it on a several occasions over a period of about 10 years, and always get the same results with it. This one is a loser!

on 5/28/2003 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I guess everyone really is different when it comes to moisturizers - me I love Dramatically Different Moisturizer, it's thick and satiny and my face really does feel soft afterwards. It's never caused me to breakout either. I have normal verging on dry skin and not prone to oilyness so I guess the extra oils don't do so much harm on my skin. One thing I hate though is the glass bottle packaging (haven't bought it in a while they might have improved this) because until recently it never came with a pump and was virtually impossible to get out of the bottle so i'd give up and waste half of it. I would buy it again in better packaging but I'm not SO sold that I wouldn't switch immediately if I found something I liked better. It does feel more night cream than day moisturizer though. A little heavy.

on 5/28/2003 6:48:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I tried this again recently, since my skin is now drier and able to absorb it better (and since this product is recommended so often by skin care "experts"). I liked the feel of the lotion - it was very moisturizing - but I woke up the next morning with breakouts. Thankfully, this lotion is continuously offered as a GWP, so you never have to waste money on a full-sized bottle to try it.

on 5/28/2003 5:42:00 AM

I think Clinique needs to update the appearance of this moisturizer. It still comes in a bottle without pump where I live. The moisturizer itself is not that bad. I don't have major problems with my skin, it's just a little bit dry and flakey and I rarely break out. It's light and absorbs pretty well and I have no problems with it. I could find much cheaper drugstore lotions that would do the exact same thing as this one. It doesn't have any SPF in it and that is not good IMO. I don't think I would buy it but I would use it if I got it for free.

on 5/28/2003 5:11:00 AM

Quite Frankly, this stuff blows. Clinique is always pushing it and giving it away in every gwp that they possibly can. I dont know why cause it sucks and I think that they should stop making it altogether. It doesnt make your skin feel silky and soft atall. If anyone knows of anything that makes your skin silky and smooth like glass, please page me and let me know, because I cannot find anything.

on 5/26/2003 12:41:00 PM

Hmmm - I have mixed feelings about this one. I have balanced, average skin, and this product as part of the three step system really makes me glow and look beautiful. The problem is, if I use it two days in a row, I get breakouts. I guess it's just not for me...

on 5/21/2003 2:46:00 PM

I have never purchased this, but have received lots as gifts with purchases. I don't find it moisturizes particularly well, and don't know why clinique doesn't make something better. For now I will stick with my lancome moisturizers.

on 5/19/2003 1:47:00 AM

I know some people say this formula and skincare regime is "old school", but this moisturizer works the best for me. I've tried Biore and other drugstore brands, and this just quenches my skin the best.

on 5/16/2003 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an Ok product. I read somewhere that it is basically a more expensive version of Cetaphils lotion. It is ok, and moisturizes my dry skin pretty well, but I can't use it everyday because it doesn't have an SPF. So it is relegated to night-time usage only. I will use up all my samples one day , but I hate the packaging.

Maybe they should rename this stuff to "Dramatically Pore-Clogging Moisturizing Lotion". It has all of the worst ingredients for someone with sensitive or acne-prone skin, especially petroleum and mineral oil!! DO NOT, DO NOT EVER put this on your face if you break out at all. This stuff does to your skin what fried chicken does for someone on a diet. Stay away!