November 26, 2014 | 1048 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2003 12:51:00 PM More reviews by daisycutter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I guess everyone really is different when it comes to moisturizers - me I love Dramatically Different Moisturizer, it's thick and satiny and my face really does feel soft afterwards. It's never caused me to breakout either. I have normal verging on dry skin and not prone to oilyness so I guess the extra oils don't do so much harm on my skin. One thing I hate though is the glass bottle packaging (haven't bought it in a while they might have improved this) because until recently it never came with a pump and was virtually impossible to get out of the bottle so i'd give up and waste half of it. I would buy it again in better packaging but I'm not SO sold that I wouldn't switch immediately if I found something I liked better. It does feel more night cream than day moisturizer though. A little heavy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2003 6:48:00 AM More reviews by filmart

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I tried this again recently, since my skin is now drier and able to absorb it better (and since this product is recommended so often by skin care "experts"). I liked the feel of the lotion - it was very moisturizing - but I woke up the next morning with breakouts. Thankfully, this lotion is continuously offered as a GWP, so you never have to waste money on a full-sized bottle to try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2003 5:42:00 AM More reviews by jimcha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think Clinique needs to update the appearance of this moisturizer. It still comes in a bottle without pump where I live. The moisturizer itself is not that bad. I don't have major problems with my skin, it's just a little bit dry and flakey and I rarely break out. It's light and absorbs pretty well and I have no problems with it. I could find much cheaper drugstore lotions that would do the exact same thing as this one. It doesn't have any SPF in it and that is not good IMO. I don't think I would buy it but I would use it if I got it for free.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2003 5:11:00 AM More reviews by GlitzyGlam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Quite Frankly, this stuff blows. Clinique is always pushing it and giving it away in every gwp that they possibly can. I dont know why cause it sucks and I think that they should stop making it altogether. It doesnt make your skin feel silky and soft atall. If anyone knows of anything that makes your skin silky and smooth like glass, please page me and let me know, because I cannot find anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2003 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Gabi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hmmm - I have mixed feelings about this one. I have balanced, average skin, and this product as part of the three step system really makes me glow and look beautiful. The problem is, if I use it two days in a row, I get breakouts. I guess it's just not for me...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2003 2:46:00 PM More reviews by natalielane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have never purchased this, but have received lots as gifts with purchases. I don't find it moisturizes particularly well, and don't know why clinique doesn't make something better. For now I will stick with my lancome moisturizers.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2003 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Kirsten12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know some people say this formula and skincare regime is "old school", but this moisturizer works the best for me. I've tried Biore and other drugstore brands, and this just quenches my skin the best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2003 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an Ok product. I read somewhere that it is basically a more expensive version of Cetaphils lotion. It is ok, and moisturizes my dry skin pretty well, but I can't use it everyday because it doesn't have an SPF. So it is relegated to night-time usage only. I will use up all my samples one day , but I hate the packaging.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2003 10:58:00 AM More reviews by blondeambitioned

Maybe they should rename this stuff to "Dramatically Pore-Clogging Moisturizing Lotion". It has all of the worst ingredients for someone with sensitive or acne-prone skin, especially petroleum and mineral oil!! DO NOT, DO NOT EVER put this on your face if you break out at all. This stuff does to your skin what fried chicken does for someone on a diet. Stay away!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2003 8:20:00 AM More reviews by pmakraki

Skin: Sensitive/combination which means oily during summer and dry in winter.
This creme actually cured my face from a severe dehydration. I like that is fragranced free and its yellow color. It never broke me out, just the opposite my skin was always healthy and soft. About 2-3 weeks ago the bottle ended and i decided, for a change, to buy something lighter for the summer, so i got Oil-free moisture formula from the same brand.Oh God, i've regreted sooo much! Stay away from this one! It's an absolute disaster for the face so i stopped it and then i bought a drugstore one that it didn't seem to work either and now my face looks like hell(red,itchy,flaked,with red spots)
Total waste of time, money and awful skin. As soon as i get paid i will buy DDML again!
Only one problem: The bottle needs to change to a pump or tube cause in the beginning there is too much spilling and when the product is almost finished u can't get it out of the bottle!