August 31, 2014 | 1637 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MckCHehe

I bought this after seeing a MichellePhan Youtube video.

I really loved this. It's cheap, and it works. It's got great coverage (but since I've got acne, I use their blemish concealer as well) and it's easily blendable most of the time. I picked up a shade too dark on accident (I got Buff when I usually get Ivory) and it was harder to blend, but it still worked great. The only problem is, every bottle I've had leaks really bad if it's ever laid on its side, which makes it hard to travel with. It's a pretty good product, all in all.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Tinzeh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My first liquid foundation. I like it cause its easy to blend, sometimes it makes my face look powdery and have to use a setting spray. I dont like the top cause you sometimes spill too much, it like it if it had a pump. I got mine in Ivory which blends in perfectly, im not sure about the staying power though, i get home from school and it looks like it disappeared. I would rebuy again afetr i experiment more with other foundations but id definately fall back on this one

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by kiersten0513

I have used this product forever until i found the minera makeup. but i still use this when i run out or just need to throw something on my face real quick. wonderful product i liked the stick versionalot better but still all in all i think its a great product for acne prone skin the coverage is great and long lasting

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

Ok. One lippie for colour match, one lippie for coverage. I have worn this three times now, for 10 hours + each time. Every application I used a different method (fingers, damp sponge, brush) to see if I could get a different result. But this foundation is a fail for me. When I first put it on, I was impressed. It covers well, wasnt too hard to blend, and the colour match was great. But during the day, I looked at myself in a mirror in natural light, and I was horrified. It just looked so...heavy! It does stay on for a full day for me, but I hated looking like I had such heavy makeup on my face. So next time I tried it, I went as sheer as possible. BUT no matter how sheer I tried to layer it, it still looked really heavy!!! I already wear enough makeup as it is (i.e. blush, eyeliner, lipstick)...so I really dont want my foundation to look full on as well. And here in AUS, it was AUD$37.95!!! for a drugstore product, holy...I will NOT be using this again, I simply can't get it to work for me without it making me look like I have three inches of foundation on my face. I tried, I really did. Not a good product (fyi, i used the normal to dry formula in Buff)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by maidsy

deff not my favorite drugstore foundation. the coverage was pretty good but it made my skin really dry, itchy and flaky, but maybe thats just me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by nutella87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation since maybe, March? Same bottle too, and it's now September. I generally wear foundation everyday, but during the summer, I wore more mineral makeup due to the heat (I'd sweat everything off anyway). One thing about Colorstay that I like is the shade range. My color is Sand Beige, and it matches my skin tone perfectly, undertone and all. The foundation itself does have fairly good coverage. The lasting power is above average as well. However, my biggest complaint is that this foundation is impossible to remove completely. I have to use makeup wipes, a cleanser, a second cleanser, and then a toner to make sure it's all off my face. Otherwise, my pores are clogged and I'm left with pimples. Still, that hasn't stopped me from using this foundation. I don't think I will repurchase, simply because I'd like to try some other foundations that aren't impossible to remove, but still lasts a fair amount of time.
    Would I recommend it? Yes, but with caution.
    OH! Forgot to mention--this foundation does tend of cake a little after a couple hours. Then it fades.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by MadamWilliams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. My shade is the normal - 400 Caramel. I'm sure I could mix a few shades to get a more perfect color, but once I set it with a tinted powder it's fine.

I wish it came with a pump, because I hate pouring foundation. I think this foundation is worth it's hype considering the price. It is not transfer resistant, so be careful.
    I prefer to apply this with a flat top brush! or even a sponge although I have used a stippling (187 brush). I would prefer to use my fingers, but it's more liquid-y than creamy, so that's not always the best option.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is a great foundation. i only wear it when i want to go out and want to look super flawless and this here is the key to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by vivianfarrell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked this up this week. I will keep it is a HG product now. This is definitely up there with the HE expensive brands. It is miles better than the other DS foundations. I get shiny/oily after an hour or two, and I was super surprised when I put this on at 8am and checked a mirror at 2:30am and still didn't actually have to touch up my face at all with anything. I am extremely fair, and the lightest shade, ivory, is a perfect match. It blends well. There's no pump, and I already had my 4 year old come and knock some over -- just keep the cap on it and you're fine. I didn't notice a smell and it's such a good product I wouldn't mind anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by gate403

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have tried high end and low end and colorstay is the best. It lasts on my very oily face.