Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 8/11/2008 10:22:00 PM

My eyelashes are naturally pretty long, and all this did was clump them together. I was hoping for some volume, but I get much better volume from Lash Blast... And a whole lot less clumping with LB, too! Plus, the rose stench is especially strong to me, and I'm not even all that sensitive to makeup smells. I wouldn't buy this again!

on 8/11/2008 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Best mascara I've tried in a long time. This does for me what I hoped that CG Lash Exact, Volume Exact, and Lash Blast would do for me (and failed miserably at). This stuff doesn't budge unless it gets wet, and it lasts through a 12 hour shift and an intense workout. I have fairly long lashes to start with, but if I curl them and then apply this mascara, it looks like I'm wearing false eyelashes! One lippie off because of the scent (very strong rose scent that eventually fades but not completely) and because it tends to be a bit clumpy going on. Nothing that a few swipes with an eyelash comb can't fix.

on 8/10/2008 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

WOW- I didn't expect to love the Colossal this much. My lashes are very thin and short, but one of my eye's eyelashes is significantly shorter than the other's, and it's hard to find a mascara that will make them look even. The Colossal is the only one I've tried that actually does this - it lengthens and volumizes very well. I did notice a little bit of clumping, though - but nothing a lash comb couldn't fix!
As far as the rose scent, it does have a pretty strong scent when you first apply it, but after 30 seconds or so, I couldn't even detect it at all.
The Colossal didn't flake or smudge on me at all, either - which is good.

Overall, I think this mascara is AWESOME!

This is actually approaching HG status fast for me. The smell doesn't bother me, I got classic black and I'm definitely happy with it. It is amazing for length and separation. No clumping for me, when it dries its not flaky, still soft and pliable. Can't wait to try it with Lashblast which is my HG for volume, doubles the width of my lashes, and this doubles the height! Hope they work well together!

on 8/10/2008 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i was aprehensive using this product after the infamous disastrous lash blast as i felt they were marketed alike but so far i am liking it! i dont like the garish bright yellow packaging or ( as many people pointed out) the smell but all in all i think it is quite a good mascara if your looking for volume. the colossal even though it has a big name seems to be the little sister of the two , although they both come in bright coloured tubes, colossal is definitely the smaller of the two with a smaller brush and less brissels than the hard plastic lashblast which is why i think i prefer it as i find it easier to get to my inner corner lashes. there have been some mixed reviews about this product and alot of them seem to come from lashblast lovers so if you liked that you may not apriciate this.let the battle of the lashes commence! this mascara achieves dramatic pretty lashes with great volume and is definitely the winner in my eyes. not my hg as it does tend to clump but definitely one of my top picks.

on 8/10/2008 12:41:00 PM

I just purchased this mascara and I really like it! I use Revlon 3D mascara first (I like using a separating mascara first, then a volume one) and the follow with Colossal Volume. It really adds volume and makes my eyelashes look thicker. I don't notice any clumps, but I do use a Sonia Kashuk eye lash comb with any mascara I use. I definitely think this is a great mascara!

on 8/10/2008 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

It's impossible for me to review this mascara without comparing it to Cover Girl's Lash Blast. I bought the Colossal because it was on sale. It has a big round bristly brush. The formula is fairly thin, and the fragrance is negligible - I'd have to stuff the wand up my nose to smell it, really. I find the whole experience clumpy and time consuming to work with, and it flakes late in the day. Removes easily w/ soap and water. IMO, Lash Blast is far superior in the brush, formula and staying power.

on 8/10/2008 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara! My lashes do extremely well with most Maybelline mascaras and I really don't even bother trying other brands anymore. (I do like lash blast, though). I tried this and that's it- this is my HG!! Amazingly full, lush lashes. I'll use this until they stop making it (hope not!) and then go back to the regular volume express.

on 8/9/2008 9:30:00 PM

I thought that this mascara was like any other mascara that maybelline makes. I didnt' really notice a difference in my eyelashes from any other mascara i've tried from this company. It was okay, but i wouldn't buy it again.

on 8/9/2008 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great mascara. It did a great job on my lashes. It gave me volume and made my lashes thicker. I already had thick lashes, but there was a huge difference after applying this masacra! I got it for $7 on sale in CND.
Update: Sorry it took me time to update, but I HATE this. Do not buy. It's too pasty in the tube and it's too creamy to be used on your eyes. YUCK!