L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 7/24/2005 3:09:00 AM

So far, I have no complaints about this product, but I'm not raving, either.

Usually, I use minerals, but I wanted a liquid foundation to wear for friend's wedding, that would stand up to dancing and would photograph well.

I'm very pale and find it difficult to find a foundation that blends well with my skin.

The palest cool shade (Alabaster, 1-C) matched decently enough. It also photogaphed well, and when set with the matching powder, held up. So I'm happy.

Is this something I'd wear daily? No. This foundation can be difficult to use, you have to blend it pretty quickly or else your skin looks chalky. Also, unless you use a good moisturizer underneath, it'll look too powdery.

The price was good, $8, and while I'd have preferred a pump top, I can live with the current packaging. I typically use cosemtic sponges once or twice and then wash them in something antibacterial, so I'm not too concerned about hygeine.

on 7/22/2005 3:26:00 PM

I actually like this product. I've been using Cover Girl TruBlend for the LONGEST time, and then I decided to try this. It's very liquidy. I have it in Natural Buff (N3) and now that it's summer it's a little too light, but still works. It really is very blendable and definitely worth a try!

on 7/18/2005 11:00:00 PM

Foundation is very good overall, and I really like the idea of having N, W and C to choose from. I have no idea what I am so I opted for the lightest N, which happened to suit me perfectly.
It is a bit dry around my nose and accentuates patches of dry skin somewhat. I find that in other areas it does not tend to shine/get oily by the end of the day like other foundations I have used in the past.
It is a very good price, the only gripe I have is the packaging, which is glass. I am always dropping things so maybe this isn't the best option for me

Ok, so I read a lot of reviews before I buy makeup, and I guess some people thought this was good and others bad so I decided to try it. I've been using Revlon Colorstay for the past 3 years, but just recently noticed that it made my skin really fake looking, so I wanted one that suited my skin more. First I tried N6 but that was a little darker than my skin so I exchanged it for N5. I have to say that this stuff is horrible. I tried putting it on with fingers and then another day with a zfoundation brush, then I set it with loose powder, but after two hours my skin is very oily and I don't even have oily skin! The sad part is that it looked perfect when I put it on. It also rubbed off on the sides of my face. I guess since Im used to Colorstay I touch my face a lot without thinking about my makeup but if this was really good it wouldn't come off that easily. I've also started to break out and since I don't normally, I'm guessing its because of this.

on 7/14/2005 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this, it covers well and blends in so perfectly, its smooth. Since I just started to wear fondation last year, I think this was a good product to start with.

on 7/14/2005 4:55:00 AM

I bought this after much consideration. I have oily skin, and I feel that liquid foundations are to heavy on me. But then I heard all the good things about this one, how it left a smooth matte finish and stayed on all day.
Not on me. It takes forever to sink in, feels so heavy and actually looks very unnatural. My face is very oily after a few hours. I've applyed with fingertips, dry sponge and wet sponge, nothing helps.
I still try it every now and then. because I hate having products lying aroung unused, but everytime I find myself rubbing it off after a while because it feels so uncomfortable. Will not buy again.

on 7/13/2005 2:52:00 PM

I love this product and have been using it for about 2 weeks (as well as the concealer and powder.) When I first started using it, I was a little disappointed because the color looked fake and a little cakey. I decided to change colors and went from N5 to W3. I really thought it was going to be to light, but knew I could take it back if it didn't work. Getting the right color made all the difference. It is a great match and the product blends well, but it doesn't provide as my coverage as I'd like. Also, I don't like the little glass bottle it comes in. If they'd put it in a cute little plastic pump bottle, it would be easier to use and probably cheaper.

on 7/11/2005 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I reaaaaaaaally wanted to love this foundation. it seemed so cool. so promising.

well, it wasn't a complete let down, and at first I really did love it.

until I realised it did a peculiar thing after it set.

first off: the good points.

the color selection is REALLY good especially for pale, light and medium skintones. probably not for darker skin, which is sad. most I've noticed don't have much in that range. (actually most seem to only have a good range for medium skin)

there are enough shades to choose from so that if one is too light or too dark, the next up or down is only slightly different. that is a major plus because I've always had a major problem of finding one shade somewhat close, but then having the next shade up/down to be completely wrong.

so, the color was perfect.

it felt a bit too.....light/sheer when applying.

I don't remember really how well it did concealing blemishes but I think it did alright.

I say that because I only had one complaint with the foundation, and that was this: when it set, it dried to a weird powdery finish. but not the good kind. I think this is partly/mainly due to my skin. but the foundation SAT on my skin so that when it dried, it looked very powdery. you could actually see the little particles if you looked hard enough.

it looked very fake and weird so I ended up taking the foundation back :-(

also, it didn't last that great. it sorta slipped off in places (mainly my nose)

I think someone with smoother skin to begin with would benefit most from this product

on 7/8/2005 3:28:00 PM

I'm glad that there are so many colors to choose from, but this feels so greasy on my skin. I apply it sparingly, but it never seems to set. Even under powder, the oiliness doesn't seem to dissipate. I won't buy this again.

on 7/8/2005 3:18:00 PM

I didnt like this at all. It looked horrible on me. I dont know what else to say.

Video Reviews & Tutorials