November 22, 2014 | 1711 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2004 3:50:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This was the perfect color,wrong formula!Can you say oil slick,and I'm not normally oily.MAYBE I could pull this off in the winter but even then I'm not so sure.I was very very disappointed,if not for the Alaskan pipeline spill on my face,this would have been HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2004 9:10:00 AM More reviews by akersmith

First let me just say that the complexion gods should grant me a reprieve from acne before the wrinkles set in. If that should not be the case, this is the foundation for me. This doesn't aggravate my combination skin and doesn't settle into fine lines. The first couple of times I wore it, I did have a lot of shine by lunch, so I would recommend a nice powder. I find that this combines well with my T. leClerq translucide powder for a flawless look. Since I've started using this foundation, friends and strangers alike have been complimenting me on my skin, so I won't be changing any time soon!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2004 2:44:00 PM More reviews by sjta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a very good product, and the finish is very nice. I can't help but think the formulation is similar to a Lancome foundation I used to wear a few years ago. Doesn't LOREAL own Lancome??? Does not cake at all. The packaging is cumbersome, worried it might break if I travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2004 10:54:00 PM More reviews by skjar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a steal! This reminds me a lot of Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation but not quite as much coverage as theirs. It comes in a lot of shades, has a great texture, doesn't cause break-outs or dry my skin out at all. If you read my EL DW review, you'll see that these two products are very similar. And, hey, Loreal is not as expensive as Estee Lauder, can't beat that (:

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2004 4:16:00 AM More reviews by gmg415

Seems like everyone else had a better experience with this than I did. I have combination skin, and I think it is probably a lot better for those with normal skin. It did match perfectly, and had a nice velvety finish, but within a few hours, it looked uneven and streaky and was settling into fine lines (and I don't even have many - I'm only 22!) around my mouth and in the corners of my nose. I was so embarassed when I looked in the mirror at lunchtime and saw what a turn for the worse it had taken. My biggest complaint is that you can't really set it very well. Adding powder makes it look kind of cakey, but without powder, it won't stay put. On the plus side, I actually kind of liked the packaging of this little bottle. Glass is not the most practical choice, but I liked the little applicator thing on the top. It made it easier to control how much came out, unlike other bottles that you have to turn upside down. I'm sure this is a great foundation for the right skin type, but if you're at all oily (even just in the t-zone), I'd steer clear of this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2004 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Bruises

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation glides onto my face so easily and makes my skin just glow! No blotches or uneven color. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2004 10:07:00 PM More reviews by xClearlyAbSuRDx

The bottle is so small! I dropped it on the tile floor from my desk but thankfully it still didn't break. It matched my skin perfectly and I thought it was too light since it was natural buff and looked light tan in the bottle. Not really good for really oily skin though. make sure u exfoliate well or else it'll make dead peely skin and picked pimples look absolutely horrendous.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2004 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Cincy_Gal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm on the fence on this one. L'Oreal True Match foundation is supposed to be the be-all and end-all of color matching. I think that was its biggest hype. I did find a perfect match for my skin tone. Just blended in and disappeared...just like the perfect foundation should do. Overall coverage is light-medium. I don't have problem skin, so it's just my perspective, but it wasn't too sheer or too heavy. Application was nice and easy. I use a non-latex sponge and it blended right in. So what am I on the fence about? This product has a lot of good things about it, but one thing that will most likely prevent me from using it is the *tremendous* greasies I got from it. My face was a total oil slick, even 1/2 hour after I put it on. Yes, I'm an oily gal anyway, but I certainly don't need anything to exacerbate that...especially in the summer. I'd imagine someone with drier skin could wear this alot better than those of us whose faces are moisture blessed. ;) UPDATE: I'm disappointed to say that this is a no-go. The color I used (N3) went on nice, but turned orange. Biggest turn off: left me waaaaay too greasy. Adios, True Match...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2004 6:04:00 AM More reviews by mizzypuss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation does live up to its name; it's almost impossible to not be able to find a foundation that doesn't match your skin tone, and it seems to me that the undertones of the foundation are neutral, so there isn't any worry of it being targeted to specific undertone groups like the common orange, like some makeup is. I found a foundation in this line that matched my skin tone almost perfectly, which is really hard to do, so it was at least nice to see that they had decided to think of everyone instead of only the majority.

As far as true color goes, this is an excellent foundation. It really does truly match up to your skin tone. As for coverage.. well, I prefer medium-weight foundation, and this stuff is light as air, so although it's a really good foundation, I won't be using it again. This foundation feels great going on and it spreads really well, which helps your foundation last for a long time. It wasn't greasy and did not become very greasy even after wearing it all day long. This is a good foundation, for those of you who like very light coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2004 2:00:00 PM More reviews by satraver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation because it promised to be very lightweight - and it is! You can make it heavier for better coverage just by applying more; but a little goes a long way and looks natural. The only reason it gets 4 out of 5 is lack of SPF protection. Why didn't they add it? Hopefully they will in the future. For now I will continue to purchase - love the price and packaging. I just add my own SPF along with it.