September 23, 2014 | 1794 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2004 7:08:00 PM More reviews by miss_mae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this after I paid $40 for a Shisheido foundation which appeared to perfectly match my skin but I later found that it turned white in a camera flash. As the whole reason I was even buying foundation in the first place was because I needed something for my wedding, this simply wouldn't do. I later learned that foundations with SPF often reflect pale in camera flashes. I went down to Rite Aid and picked out Sun Beige. It matched better than the Shisheido foundation, and it felt more light- weight. The pictures from my wedding day came out great, even though I had gotten a few small zits right before. The coverage was just enough to even out my skin-tone, and obscure the zits, but it didn't make me feel like I was suffocating. My face did get a little shiny toward the end of the reception, but over all, I am quite pleased with the product, and that's saying a lot because I hate foundation. I put that I will not buy this again only because I don't wear foundation. UPDATE: I have lowered my rating on this from 5 to three not because the True Match has shown some previously unnoticed flaw but because I have found my Holy Grail Foundation - Monave Mineral Foundation - which matches my skin perfectly, contains no allergy or pimple-inducing chemicals, contains sun block and feels weightless on. Now that I know how great foundation can be, True Match has fallen in my estimation.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2004 9:52:00 AM More reviews by ChicElle18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was reading through the magazine one day and saw this product as a sample. I couldn't wait to try it but when I finally did I didn't like it. I cannot lie and say this is a horrible product because its not. It provides awesome coverage but I myself prefer a more natural approach to makeup. This was very thick and did not allow my skin to breath. This isn't to say this isn't a good product though because it is!

If You Don't Like This Try: Mark C-Thru-U Tinted Moisturizer or Mark Speedway Stick!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2004 9:34:00 PM More reviews by SophieKitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really enjoyed having such a near perfect match for the first couple weeks...Then I broke out. I haven't had a break out like this since I was 15!! I quickly went back to Almay's skin stays clean. It's cheap, and I'm now recovering from all of the acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2004 2:30:00 PM More reviews by jt_in_canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first drugstore foundation, after years of not wearing any (I used CG and Clinique briefly in the past but hated how they looked). I figured with a change in careers, that it was time for a more polished face.

This time around, I'm pretty impressed so far. I have pale Asian skin, so I went with W2 (fearing W1 might be tooo pasty and light) and it's an amazing match.

The finish is slightly sheer, and matte. I really didn't need to apply powder afterwards. It also has great slip, which makes blending really simple.

I went to a big drug store that had testers for all the colours and mirrors everywhere, so that helped with picking out the right shade.

The price also didn't hurt either, at $12CDN.

For reference, I have normal-to-slightly dry skin.

***UPDATE*** 1.)Don't apply this fdn to dry areas...it emphasizes flakies. 2) Also, this foundation has total staying-power, so you have to be extra careful about removing every last trace or it will make you eventually break out. I apply this foundation by putting a dollop on the back of my hand (I use my hand as a palette) and there's always a layer on my hand that's really hard to wash off! 3.) Also, start with a super thin application...a little goes a long way with this foundation. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2004 2:58:00 PM More reviews by LoriRB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked this product, matched my skin very well. It stayed on all day without caking or fading. I also didn't have to touch up the makeup during the day with a face powder. Although, the packaging could be better (comes in a glass, hard to handle bottle). This product is the same as Lancome- Photo ID, so it's a great deal for the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2004 10:49:00 PM More reviews by PixyAnne

So far, I'm liking it. I've been using it regularly for about 2 months and it's very decent for it's price - however, it has it's negative points. For exmaple, I don't like how sometimes it's matte and soemtimes it's dewy. I prefer dewy to matte since my skin leens towards the dry side most of the time, but this is just unpredictable and i like predicatbility with a daily product like base. And I think the color I picked was a wee bit too light, so I might want to go 1 shade up if I plan to re-buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2004 8:42:00 PM More reviews by trixkiddo

I got this at Ulta after asking one of the salesladies for help trying to find a foundation that wouldn't break me out or make my skin flake. This hasn't so far, but I'm keeping an eye out. True match in Nude Beige did match my skin perfectly though, a first for me. It's sheerer than I thought it would be, but it does cover and give my skin a glow.
*edit* So sad, this covered perfectly, stayed on for hours...and broke me out like mad. I've given up on foundation and now my skin in more clearer, so I don't need it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2004 1:00:00 AM More reviews by anooshka

I hardly every wear foundation...not because my skin is perfect by any means. I just can't be bothered, never find a good match (except for MAC Studiofix powder foundation), and hate how it comes off when I go to blow my nose. So, I am not sure what compelled me to try this stuff. But hey, I did. And I really really like it. It was CAD $10 (so great price). The container is a glass jar. ie. sucks for travelling and getting the product out. But the colour match I found is quite good. The best I have ever found (except for the Studio Fix) and it does blend really well and doesn't feel greasy on my skin at all ( I have oily skin that has been relatively clear after my Accutane regimen last year). I also tried mixing this with a bit of oil free lotion with SPF to make a tinted moisturizer and it was gorgeous. I am not saying I will be wearing this every day because that's truly too high-maintanance for me, but it will be great to have on hand for days when I want to look a bit more polished. As for how well it wears, when I used a tissue to blow my nose I did get some foundation on the tissue but it wasn't too bad. And I used Clean&Clear blotting sheets throught out the day to keep it fresh. I think if you can find a good colour match and your skin is not too oily or too flaky it might be a nice option to try.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2004 3:35:00 AM More reviews by sillysilly

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awful. I bought it because I was intrigued by the promise of a good color match, since I have difficult to match skin (a light/medium olive tone), and it actually did match... but... it wears horribly and offers paltry coverage. I wouldn't be wearing makeup at all if I didn't have a couple marks and redness that I wanted to tone down. When this is put on over marks though, it looked grey, which is just as bad as the original problem. Plus, even though my skin is hardly dry (more on the oily side, in fact), it made my skin look that way- it didn't smooth out in a nice way and seemed to make my skin look flaky. The results were the same with and without sunscreen and/or a light moisturizer. This stuff is going back to the store.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2004 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Cinmun226

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must have bought the wrong color (I know that is not supposed to happen, that is the point of this foundation, right?) but on me it is very visible, going on almost chalky and streaky, even after blending with a sponge, fingers, etc. It just will not sit right on my skin for some reason. I will not repurchase, I hesitate use it even as a backup foundation, when I run out of my favorite Prescriptives. Good thing I bought it at a buy one get one free sale with my friend, I think she did like hers however.