December 20, 2014 | 1700 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2004 6:10:00 AM More reviews by sashimigirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have two requirements for foundation: 1)it actually matches my skin tone, and 2)it doesn't turn me into a zitty mess the next day. This foundation meets both requirements, is easy to find at the drugstore, and is reasonably priced. I don't use foundation every day, just when I feel the need to cover up my acne scars >_<. That might be why the bottle design doesn't bug me so much...although I did like what they did with the sample bottles...the cap had a spatula attached that went into the bottle, sort of like a nail polish brush. I like that I can buy two shades (W6 and W7) and be able to mix to match my skin tone year round. My skin type: very oily, sensitive, acne prone.
UPDATE (01/22/05): Still loving this. Since it's winter and I've been good about wearing sunscreen every day my complexion has lightened up a bit, but still found a perfect match in N5 (true beige). It can be tricky to find the right shade, even if you are golden complexioned a Warm may be too yellow and look flat - this is what I found. Another small con is that any dryness or flakiness is highlighted by the foundation, so make sure to moisturize and exfoliate well before using! Otherwise, great for covering up flaws on those days I don't feel like using concealer on every...single...blemish.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2004 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Savannah410

I recently bought these in the trail package ( 3 different shades and a 2 dollar off coupon for future use). For $1.99 I was please, not sure how much I would really love this when I pay 13 dollars. I really liked porceline ( sp?) it matched my skin tone almost seamlessly, didn't oxidize into any halloween like colors the day wore on. I found the coverage to not be as much as I would like, it seems watery but it is buildable. It didn't clog my pores or cause any breakouts and I don;t need to powder alot when i use it, so that is a plus. I will edit later on after using for awhile.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2004 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Smilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this based on a review by Paula Begoin (cosmeticscop.com). I had to return two bottles, and mix two other shades together, before I hit upon my "match." There seems to be a huge difference between the level 2 and 3 shades, at least in the Warm and Neutral categories. After all that trouble I decided I didn't even like the product anyway. It "pills up" too easily, especially over moisturizer (and I've tried using a different moisturizer) and is too greasy and heavy. Had to put powder on several times throughout the day to cut down on the shine. Very disappointing!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2004 7:23:00 PM More reviews by StylinStacey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely loved this foundation when I first tried it. I was N3, it matched beautifuly. The coverage was perfect for me also. However, when I would wash it off at night I would have little bumps on my face. The same thing happenend to my sister.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2004 3:18:00 PM More reviews by mille

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product and find the "plain jane" packaging attractive in a chic-pared down way.

My local Rite Aid and Walgreen's have a tester set for $1.99 which includes a $2 coupon for the full size. I hit my shade right off, W2, but think I could wear the N2 as well. It is very light coverage but buildable. I am very pleased. I haven't tried it in the heat yet, but I think it would hold up. I wonder how this compares to Lancome's version?

Because the display "builds" the color levels as the numbers rise they had very few samples of the "lower" number fairer colors. So if you need kit one or kit 2 of the sample levels, I suggest you don't wait around.

I think I'll get the full size & keep the little vial for travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2004 11:16:00 AM More reviews by tkdgodess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used the testers to find my perfect colour. I am a C4 and the colour is excellent. The coverage is light and even, I don't feel like i'm wearing a mask of makeup. I will update later if I break out or how coverage wears.

This is the best colour match I've had in a long time, funny enough it was an old L'oreal formula that was discontinued years ago I loved.

Edit: wore well for a wedding in the hot sun 2 pm till midnight. I'm somewhat sensitive to acne and no breakouts after 3 days of wear (I don't believe for the most part acne is caused by makeup, it's improper cleansing, picking and touching your face with your hands)

I haven't turned into a big grease pit, and the colour wears well with only one workday powder touch up.

Better than lancome, estee lauder, LM etc IMO. Esp. for the $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2004 1:52:00 PM More reviews by WonderStruck

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I chose C1 in alabaster and the color is too yellow on me. I do not like this formula either, it feels sticky like glue. I think they had a good idea here but they need to work on the formula and perhaps add more colors - especially for those with super pale skin and pink undertones. A few of my friends tried this too and it didn't match their color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2004 4:47:00 AM More reviews by spackle_n_smear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Was this luck or was this expertise...you be the judge, folks!! I saw the commercial for new True Match foundation that offered very natural and perfectly matching shades--24 of them, in fact. I was impressed and rather curious. I went to their website to see what shade would be best for me. The interactive video took me step-by-step asking me what skin tone and what undertone I had and how I would normally apply the makeup, whether it was just for trouble areas or for all over coverage. When it was over, the recommended shade was Caramel Beige (W7-Warm Level 7)...Hmmm, I think I'm some sort of Caramel shade, but Beige? I've never been some sort of shade of Beige. Oh well OK, I could deal with it, so I wrote it down, stuffed it in my purse and went to bed. The next day I decided to take care of some errands during my lunch hour, including picking up the foundation. Time was short, but I figured I could pull it off. Well, got to the nearby drugstore, minutes running out to dash in and to dash out with the foundation along with a few odds and ends. Ladies, I don't recommend this unless you're in to get your tried and true makeup items, not to try out new stuff--too little time! I didn't even test the stuff like i'm supposed to, but hey, I'm sure the website's recommendation was right, right? And it was the last bottle on the shelf in my recommended shade. WHAT LUCK!Well, I got home, washed off, and decided to give the foundation a try. First I dotted it on my face--hmmm, awfully pale just looking at it in comparison to my skin tone. I smoothed it on my skin, it applied very well, except for one thing. It looked like I was whitewashing my face! The shade was too pale. OMG, OMG! Totally wrong! Waste of money, I thought. I gave out a sigh of depression, and decided to go about doing some stuff around the house, kinda wallowing in my defeat. Some minutes later, I walked back into the bathroom ready to wash off the white mask on my face only to my great astonishment that my skin was now "normal" and beautiful! Not like some Kabuki theatrical artist! My face looked wonderful, glowing, but not greasy, metallic, or glittery looking, it unified my overall skin tones and deflected and diminished the trouble spots on my face. My face looked three dimensional and not flat. I looked at myself in all forms of light including bright sunlight for the true test for glitter particles which i truly hate, and not one hint of looking freakish! It felt OK, not awfully heavy or greasy even with my oily complexion, just needed a blotting sheet mid-day and the color didn't turn ashy or disappear. I wish the bottle was a little bit wider because it would tip over time and again and wish it was a little more elegant looking--it's too clinical looking, even more importantly I wish ALL foundations would come in plastic container for safety's sake! I wish the formulation would actually set faster to avoid that 'Kabuki Whitewash' phase before setting to the look of glowing, beautiful, real-looking skin. The glow was just right, I didn't look like a discoball, and if I needed a more finished look, I applied a light dusting of ZA New York's pressed powder--Ah perfection! The price is great, definitely affordable, and I'm always happy the L'Oreal line is just a heartbeat behind from their more pricey counterpart, Lancome, with all their new products. I've decided this foundation is not my HG just yet for the little reasons above, but still a remarkable quality product for the price and look. As for the question of Luck or (L'Oreal's) Expertise, go figure ladies...YOU DECIDE!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2004 10:37:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

Love the sheer natural finish this gives my N/D very sensitive rosacea skin. Makes my skin look fresh and young, kind of like a tinted moisturizer with slightly more coverage. I did have to buy 2 colors though and mix them which sucks considering there are tons of colors. I ended up mixing c2 and c3 for the perfect color for me. But still a bargain considering I had 2 coupons. Hate the glass bottle; have already dropped a couple of times but to its credit did not break. No fragrance too. Really good for drugstore foundation. UPDATE: Drat this foundation makes my rosacea flare! Grrr. Can't wear longer than about 4 hrs. Glad I didn't spend a lot of money on this though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2004 3:07:00 AM More reviews by cute_fishy

I can't remember if I've already written a review for this or not. So this may be my second review.
Anyway, I used this on my face today. On the good part of my face (that would be the cheek area where I'm well-balanced), this gives a good finish. But wherever I'm the slightest bit dry or flaky, this seems to amplify the problem 100x. I have a little bit of flaking on the side of my nose right now, and this makes it look like LAYERS of skin on my nose are falling off. Sort of scary.
On the plus side, there are many shades to choose from. But I probably won't repuchase this.