L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 4/12/2005 8:12:00 PM

i am shocked--SHOCKED--at how much i love this. after years of using drugstore foundations i switched to higher-end ones, because they were always easier on my skin and usually better quality. i thought i had sworn off drugstore makeup for good. but then last week i was in the supermarket, and i was really depressed, and you know when you're in one of those moods where you just need to buy makeup, and you don't really care what? so my inner demons made me frivolously pick up a bottle of this stuff in N2, and boy am i glad they did. this stuff is fantastic. it blends like a dream, covers as much as you want it to, and does not need powder to set, which i find ironic...i always have to set all of my "oil free" foundations with pounds of powder, but this stuff, which does not feel oil free, sets by itself and stays all day. i also usually get greasy by 4 with oil-free foundations, and not with this at all. it's amazing--i really love this stuff. it makes me want to throw my laura mercier out a window.
the cons, however, must be stated: i'm not nuts about the color match and didn't really feel like a lot of the colors were all that great, even though that's supposed to be the whole point of the foundation. but it blends so well that it's not really too much of an issue. i'm also not crazy about the staying power by itself, although with a little concealer to help it hold up it doesn't fade too disastrously by the end of the day. packaging is terrible but what can you do for $9? i also have found that this doesn't work very well with a foundation brush...it spreads a lot easier on the face if you use your fingers, which isn't so great hygienically but whatever. i'm just psyched that i found something that covers, doesn't need powder, and doesn't look or feel like i'm wearing ten pounds of makeup. it's definitely worth a try.

on 4/10/2005 9:27:00 PM

I'm not quite sure about this one. So many great reviews but this foundation doesn't blend well on me. Maybe because it still winter and my skin is too dry? I'll try it later and will write and update. Positive comment : lots of color and easy to find the right one for everyone. ***UPDATE*** I've found that it works pretty well when mixed with my moisturizer. Not my HG but ok to work with.

on 4/10/2005 2:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

THis stuff is amazing- covers up my redness but makes me look natural. It blends in nicely and doesn't leave my dry skin cakey looking- my only complaint is the container- what in the world were they thinking- have of the time my stuff pours out- I wanted to add that it hasn't broken out my sensitive skin like the other one (trublend). Excellent!

on 4/9/2005 6:36:00 PM

I do like this foundation. Good coverage, and it looks very natural once you find the right color match. Wears well also. However, it has no SPF and to me that's essential in a foundation so I'm moving on ... will continue to use my purchase as a night time foundation however.

on 4/4/2005 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I think this is a pretty good foundation. Overall it gets the job done for my skin. I am very golden/warm toned (Mac NC42) and W7 matches my skin tone PERFECTLY. W8 is also a beautiful color for me and a perfect match also for my summertime tan that's upon the horizon (YEAH!). I have *VERY* dry, fairly sensitive skin (eczema) and this foundation was very gentle. I am not acne prone so I did not experience breakouts. The only thing that stops me from giving this a 5 is the formula. Although it last all day, it is not moisturizing enough, BUT it is perfect as long as a I use my Cetaphil cream moisturizer underneath. It gives me a *FLAWLESS* finish.

on 4/3/2005 3:15:00 AM

I bought this in W4 which appeared to be the most yellow, but I was really disappointed. It blended okay but didn't match at all. Will not repurchase.

on 4/2/2005 12:08:00 AM

I applied True Match from a tester at the grocery store. The texture felt good going on and the color selection is outstanding. Unfortunately, the foundation was quite aging, emphasizing pores and fine lines. I was also disappointed that the bottles are not packaged in a tamper evident way.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product does blend into skin very well. I could wear several shades of this seeing how blendable it is. However, my skin is oily and after just a few hours, the makeup is sliding off, and the color changes on me too an orangey shade. Nice satin finish, and looks fine when I first apply it, but after that, yuck, yuck, yuck.

on 4/1/2005 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This foundation has the best staying power. It seriously will not move. Downside is that it takes two washings to get it completely off your face. I found a good match in w7, which is very difficult for me to do. Other foundations were always close, but not perfect. (GA LSF 8, Mac nc42, Becca Bamboo, Shiseido 60). The foundation is definitely more yellow/orange based. It gives medium coverage. However, it just doesn't give the luminosity I'm looking for. But, with such a perfect color match I could just add a highlighter product to it.

on 3/30/2005 11:39:00 PM

Glides and blends beautifully.

Video Reviews & Tutorials