October 25, 2014 | 1444 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by kellydoeshair

I ADORE this foundation, regular price it IS a little expensive for a drugstore foundation but the product itself is GREAT! stays forever and the coverage is really good... it is a little difficult to blend and I WISH the bottle came with a pump but overall is one of my top 5 fave foundations! I own it in tons of colors to custom match myself at any time by mixing! so awesome, keep your eyes peeled for bogo in drugstores then STOCK UP!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by vickywang

The one for oily and combination skin has very thick texture which provides definitely medium to full coverage. I find this foundation get darker after few hours, so I chose the color slighterly lighter than my skin tone. After few hours, it just matches my skintone perfectly. Staying power is strong, I will say it lasts more then 6 hours. But my face does get oily after lunch break, but it is definitely tolerable. I use fingers to apply, and I apply it really quickly as it tends to dry in a very short time. But mixing with face lotion, or tiny bit of other foundation with thinner texture does make it easier to apply. Another good ways is to apply it will wet sponge. Personally I do not like to use foundation brush, so I have no idea how the affect will be.

It is my second bottle. i will not say it is the really good foundation. I like Dior Forever more. But it is definitely the best drugstore foundation I have used and if you are looking for sth with good coverage and lasts long time, you will be happy with this. I found the texture is very similar to some of the MAC foundations, so I am happy that this foundation gives the similar result with cheaper price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ParkwayDrive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Omg! HG! i was applying this fndtn wrong the whole time! I was using my fingers and it was OK. But today i decided to try stippling and i L O V E it! makes my skin look airbrushed and gorgeous! will buy again when i run out! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Glamfiend

I LOVE this foundation. I have used soooo many different kinds of foundations from cream, liquid, stick, powder and they all looked patchy on my skin, because of the dryness on my cheeks, no matter what I did. I thought that having a patchy face was just what I had to live with. Then after watching YouTube video reviews I decided to purchase revlon colorstay in the color buff in the normal to dry formula. And it looks like airbrushed skin when I apply it. I use a dampened sponge and it looks so flawless. I tried using a brush and it didn't look good at all, the sponge is the way to go!!! I just can't believe that finally I have found the most wonderful foundation for my skin!!! I'm just too excited.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by meganj327

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this foundation. However, it always ended up looking like a caked on mess. Ive tried several different ways of applying it, always getting the same result. I was using the oily/combination skin formula, and my face just seemed to get even more oily as the day went on. Then trying to blot with powder would just make it worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by makeuprincess4ever

At first I found that the oily/combination revlon colorstay foundation was very hard to apply and make it look natural..So i ended up going back to my powder ive been using often.....but then one day i decided to apply it again with face lotion and it looked flawless please try this technique if you felt that it looked dry, cakey, or just un natural...i would recommend trying this technique!!! :) Now it is my favorite foundation!!..
    ..............I should also add that this is a buildable foundation but looks great when its applied to be full coverage!!!! To get really full coverage i apply it with a MAC 190 brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by mdarlow

dint like this foundation,too heavy and cakey,looks like a mask even when just a little is applied, and very flat looking. if your after a foundation with great staying power similar to el dw but way better then i highly recommend the new mac pro longwear foundation! def the best foundation ive had

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by ssherices

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Kimmy said exactly what I was going to write. This isnt a bad foundation, ( I have used much worse) but its not good either. It made my jawline look orange when it got hot and kinda of wet looking. Also I was using this foundation off and on for about a year. Since I stopped using it my skin has cleared up alot. I never thought it was the foundation because it would take a while for my skin to start breaking out. So I thought it was hormonal. After not using this for almost a month my skin is looking better and better. So sadly this isn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by steph42245

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the combination/oily in ivory after reading many of the reviews.

Pros:
    Stays on long
    Controls oil
    Doesn't break me out

Cons:
    The bottle! It really needs a pump.

I really like this foundation. It can be a bit pricey (21.99$ CDN) but I waited for it to be on sale. If you want to try this out I recommend doing the same.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by madelinex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm on the fence with Colorstay. On one hand, it's thick, opaque, and the coverage is more full than I want for my skin. On the other hand, it's the only foundation I've that will last the whole day on my very oily skin. I'm not the type of girl who will dish out more than $15 for foundation- I'd rather go HE for fun stuff like lipsticks and eyeshadow. I'm going to try the new MAC longwear foundation when my bottle of Colorstay wears out.

Also to note- the lightest shade matches my skin well, but I wish the bottle had a pump!