Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 10/18/2010 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really great fundation. One of the best I used and I tried a lot of them. It lasts all day and provides excellent buildable coverage. However it does not control shine, not in my case anyway.
At first I applied it with my fingers and I it was just average foundation for me. Looked kind of greasy (even if it was for combination/oily skin), made it easy to apply to much (I looked muuuch older). Then I tried to put it with LM sponge and I loved it.
I hate the bottle and the paint scent, love coverage and lasting powder.
Will buy again until something better will cross my way...

on 10/17/2010 10:32:00 AM

I liked this product because it gives a great coverage and lasts really well on my oily skin. Most foundations I have tried leave me shiny after an hour or so but this one keeps me looking matt all day.

I did break out in some spots whilst using this product but I have never found a foundation so far that has not caused break outs. I didn't use the product every day.

The shade I used was 110 ivory. I found it was a little too pale for my skin but the next shade was way too dark so I have stopped using this product for now.

on 10/17/2010 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this product religiously over the course of the last two years (seriously, like ten bottles lying around) but something seemed to have happened to my skin that began to hate the thing. I never broke out with it until recently when I purchased a new bottle. New formulation or perhaps just this specific jar? No idea, but all I know is that I'm not satisfied anymore. I have, however, loved this for so long it seems fair that I give it at least three points. The coverage is phenomenal and the lasting power is out of this world; truly something worth checking out. The shade range is decent (though I have never found a perfect match). The lack of pump is irritating but something you won't mind especially if this is HG for you. The strange paint scent is also something you'll get over the first few days. In my experience, the dry/normal and combination/oily formulas do not differ largely enough to go out of your way to buy one over the other; they both had the same finish and effect on me.

on 10/17/2010 1:53:00 AM

I didn't really like this product. It made my face feel really heavy and it just felt uncomfortable through the day. and what made it worse was that it had no pump! but even if it had a pump, i won't buy this foundation again

on 10/17/2010 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

When I first bought this I LOVED it! The colour match was great, and it looked great. My face got really oily with it, and it started to come off about 2 1/2 hours into wearing it.
By the end of the day, I looked like an awful oil ball.
And to top it off, it broke me out like crazy!!
PLUS, in Canada, it was about $27 including tax, which is expensive, especially for a drugstore product.

Overall, a definite never again, especially to you oily girls.
But if your not oily/acne prone, I bet this would look stunning.

on 10/16/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

Why did I ever hold out on this product? I have oily skin and in the last month I have tried MAC, Loreal, Maybelline, Lancome, and finally settled with Clinique. Though, I am not happy with the Clinique. SO I finally tried the Colorstay for oily/combo skin today and it is awesome. I couldn't stopped looking at myself in the mirror. It PASSED the car mirror test with flying colors. (Usually I am either horrified or disappointed with my foundation when I look in the car mirror.) Also, it truly is nontransferable. It also controls oil well and I am not wearing a primer. OH WHY did I wait so long to try this foundation. It may be my HG. We shall see...

on 10/16/2010 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the medium/oily one in fresh beige.

I thought this product was great because it last long and as a student i walk around everyone. I get sweaty and gross but it stays on. "colorstay".
The only thing i didn't like was i can still see my pores. But, on my behalf I can just buy primer. Also, to be honest i break out a tiny bit. But if you clean it out you'll be fine!(:

I love this product. It has WONDERFUL coverage and lasts a pretty long time, although not as long as they claim...atleast on my skin.

The pros for me are:

Long lasting
No nasty smell
AWESOME full matte coverage

The cons for me are:

I wish it had a pump
It makes me break out

With that said, even though it makes me break out i still use it because i love the coverage.....i'm not sure if that makes sense but it's the best foundation (for the price) that i have found, and i think it compairs to MAC fix plus (love that too, but that one makes me break out even worse than Colorstay and is a lot more expensive.)

on 10/16/2010 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this foundation in combo skin formula and love it! Let's get to the point...1- I have oily to very oily skin, ok so one night I went out to a dinner and a party, came home fell asleep without washing my face, and it broke me out (BUT what makeup doesn't break you out if you don't wash your face at night!!!) HOWEVER to my surprise after a very long night when looking in the mirror, my makeup looked flawless..GREAT LASTING POWER 2-Did NOT cause BREAKOUTS. It did break me out but just that one night I slept with it. I wouldn't say I have super sensitive skin but I do have acne prone skin 3- It's TRANSFER RESISTANT to the fullest 4. Covers up a lot. I usually prefer little coverage but when my skin looks a mess and I have to be somewhere or something to do this is "the foundation" because It gives me FULL COVERAGE..
5. This foundation is very matte
6. Great for my strong yellow undertones
7. Would prefer over many high end foundations... IT'S cheap when comparing and does a better job then a lot of them..
CONS
1. Smells a little like paint when applying but when on face I either got accustomed to it or the smell went away
2. I wish it had a pump! Always dispense more then needed.. I'm a little clumsy
3. Not very blendable but play with it to achieve perfection
4. Feels a little heavy when comparing to other foundations
So I give it a 6 out of a 5 for what it is supposed to . Def recommend.

It's been a while since I've been playing around with this foundation.. I loved and have fallen more in love with this foundation. Found the perfect application.. I combine moisturizer and the foundation. You can get the exact consistency. Without moisturizer, it can be a little thick, yet, you can achieve your individual perfect consistency by the amount of moisturizer you add. Still stays on all day. It's simply so much easier to apply and looks so much more natural-still giving you great coverage. HOpe it's helpful

on 10/16/2010 11:35:00 AM

I really do like this foundation. I understand the breakout issue people are having, but they way I do my makeup is foundationly only over patches of pimples that need it (Like I get acne pretty bad on my cheeks, but thats almost it) ands wash off when I get home. Great coverage. Pretty inexpensive too. I do wish they would add a pump because it has spilled and wasted a bunch of product.