July 26, 2014 | 1526 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ParkwayDrive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Omg! HG! i was applying this fndtn wrong the whole time! I was using my fingers and it was OK. But today i decided to try stippling and i L O V E it! makes my skin look airbrushed and gorgeous! will buy again when i run out! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Glamfiend

I LOVE this foundation. I have used soooo many different kinds of foundations from cream, liquid, stick, powder and they all looked patchy on my skin, because of the dryness on my cheeks, no matter what I did. I thought that having a patchy face was just what I had to live with. Then after watching YouTube video reviews I decided to purchase revlon colorstay in the color buff in the normal to dry formula. And it looks like airbrushed skin when I apply it. I use a dampened sponge and it looks so flawless. I tried using a brush and it didn't look good at all, the sponge is the way to go!!! I just can't believe that finally I have found the most wonderful foundation for my skin!!! I'm just too excited.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by meganj327

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this foundation. However, it always ended up looking like a caked on mess. Ive tried several different ways of applying it, always getting the same result. I was using the oily/combination skin formula, and my face just seemed to get even more oily as the day went on. Then trying to blot with powder would just make it worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by makeuprincess4ever

At first I found that the oily/combination revlon colorstay foundation was very hard to apply and make it look natural..So i ended up going back to my powder ive been using often.....but then one day i decided to apply it again with face lotion and it looked flawless please try this technique if you felt that it looked dry, cakey, or just un natural...i would recommend trying this technique!!! :) Now it is my favorite foundation!!..
    ..............I should also add that this is a buildable foundation but looks great when its applied to be full coverage!!!! To get really full coverage i apply it with a MAC 190 brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by mdarlow

dint like this foundation,too heavy and cakey,looks like a mask even when just a little is applied, and very flat looking. if your after a foundation with great staying power similar to el dw but way better then i highly recommend the new mac pro longwear foundation! def the best foundation ive had

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by ssherices

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Kimmy said exactly what I was going to write. This isnt a bad foundation, ( I have used much worse) but its not good either. It made my jawline look orange when it got hot and kinda of wet looking. Also I was using this foundation off and on for about a year. Since I stopped using it my skin has cleared up alot. I never thought it was the foundation because it would take a while for my skin to start breaking out. So I thought it was hormonal. After not using this for almost a month my skin is looking better and better. So sadly this isn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by steph42245

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the combination/oily in ivory after reading many of the reviews.

Pros:
    Stays on long
    Controls oil
    Doesn't break me out

Cons:
    The bottle! It really needs a pump.

I really like this foundation. It can be a bit pricey (21.99$ CDN) but I waited for it to be on sale. If you want to try this out I recommend doing the same.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by madelinex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm on the fence with Colorstay. On one hand, it's thick, opaque, and the coverage is more full than I want for my skin. On the other hand, it's the only foundation I've that will last the whole day on my very oily skin. I'm not the type of girl who will dish out more than $15 for foundation- I'd rather go HE for fun stuff like lipsticks and eyeshadow. I'm going to try the new MAC longwear foundation when my bottle of Colorstay wears out.

Also to note- the lightest shade matches my skin well, but I wish the bottle had a pump!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by salhon

Ok foundation for a drugstore brand. Ok coverage, did feel comfortable on. I did have to put it on and blend it in small areas. It dries super fast and didn't work if I dotted it everywhere first. I wore this in Ivory. Even though I have oily skin, I found the matte one for oily skin to be too drying and streaky. I preferred to wear the one for normal skin and just blot for oil throughout the day. Overall, I had ok success with the entire Colorstay line. Also, I found this worked a bit better for me if I mixed a little moisturizer into it first. With out the added moisturizer, it went on streaky and too thick. The moisturizer gave it more slip and a softer, more blended look

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by dancer156

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product after reading that is was a medium to full coverage foundation. I find that it BARELY covers my acne scars and I have to pile on concealer afterwards. I'm not sure why people find this a medium-full coverage...I think it's more of a sheer to medium foundation. I had been previously using Prescriptives Virtual Matte, so maybe I was just used to the extreme coverage that gave. Anyway, I did like that Revlon colorstay really does STAY on my face and doesn't melt off toward the end of the day (something other foundations have always done). I thought it controlled shine VERY well too and didn't break out my sensitive acne-prone skin.
    If my skin ever gets better looking, I may purchase this again...but for now, I will continue my search for a good full coverage foundation.

EDIT: 10/10/12: After trying Kat Von D's new Lock-It Tattoo Foundation, I am in love!!!! PHENOMENAL coverage without oxidation/greasiness. See my review on this for more details, if you're interested. :)
    Hope this review helps!