L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 8/9/2005 11:58:00 AM

This foundation is terrible if you have even the slightest hint of dry skin. It makes your face look like it's covered in little pieces of dead skin. Yuck! The color match is great but it's unwearable for me.

on 8/7/2005 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I thought this was a decent foundation. The color match was great. You already have to have nice skin to be able to wear this foundation because if you have dry acne prone skin like I do, it accentuates everything! It reallly made dryness noticable. It looks great when I'm having a nice skin day though!

on 8/5/2005 7:54:00 PM

Awful! When I first tried this foundation on in the store, I noticed some dry(ish) areas around my chin and nose. The colour was a great match for me (I matched W2) so I bought it and thought perhaps I needed to exfoliate a little more in those areas before applying. I do like the texture and feel of this foundation -- really remarkable! Unfortunately, it emphasizes every single fine line and pore on your face -- NOT a good look. As well, any little area of dryness you may have is then spotlighted by this foundation. Finally, it has zilch staying power -- mine wore off in about an hour and a half.

on 8/3/2005 11:38:00 PM

I had read a number of reviews before I actually bought this product.

I really do not think it is that bad!!!

Colour match is excellent, blends right in and disappears into my skin. Evens out skin tone but does not cover any spots, so concealer is still required.

It's a very strange consistency, not really creamy, but synthetic feeling, then dries to a powder when applied.

Does blend exceptionally well, and makes me look like I have great skin!

I do however set with pressed powder on my T zone, and continue to pat with powder through out the day, as my T zone does get oily.

Very natural looking, but does wear off, and doesn't look as heavy as when firstly applied in the morning.

Id love for Loreal to make a long lasting version of this foundation, and it would be close to perfect!

on 7/29/2005 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Although this product works as far as the colour matching the skin fairly well, it's otherwise terrible. It has an odd syntheic smell that I haven't smelled in a makeup before. Also, it doesn't last the day, even if you use loose poweder with it. It easily cakes up, and immediately settles into and higlights facial lines, particularly smile lines. After two hours, I could see it separating on the surface of my skin. It made the fact that I was wearing makeup very obvious. I also have very dry skin, and this makeup would make my skin look very shiny (especially on my nose) and oily. It does, however, provide good coverage, and though I wouldn't reccomend it for dry skin, it'd probably be good on normal skin. As for the texture, it's far too heavy, and it doesn't mix well with moisturizer if you want to thin it out. I could feel it on my skin, and it just wasn't comfortable.

Great color, lousey foundation. I have combo skin and this stuff "melted" off after a few hours. I do not like this at all!!!

This is my first stab at a foundation. I have to say that I enjoy that you can get a concealer and a powder to match. I have only used it a few times and I quite like it. It seems to blend well and I had luck matching my skin tone. The little bottle is so cute and allows for easy, organized storage. It's not too expensive so I think it is defintley worth a try.

on 7/26/2005 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I tried this after learning that L'oreal color match thousands of women before creating these shades. I purchased C8. It was not a good match for me. The shade was good, but the undertone was too yellow. I think there are better choices available by Maybelline, Milani, Black Opal, Iman,....

on 7/24/2005 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have a fair skintone & I've been using this foundation ever since it first came out as a new product and it is my HG inexpensive brand. Im surprised this product didn't get a higher review on here. The oil-free formula is great, very blendable, texture is very nice, and it covers imperfections very well. The color matches my skintone perfectly and goes on smooth. It doesn't last as long as I would like, but it is still great! I wish the container had a pump so it was more sanitary.

on 7/24/2005 3:09:00 AM

So far, I have no complaints about this product, but I'm not raving, either.

Usually, I use minerals, but I wanted a liquid foundation to wear for friend's wedding, that would stand up to dancing and would photograph well.

I'm very pale and find it difficult to find a foundation that blends well with my skin.

The palest cool shade (Alabaster, 1-C) matched decently enough. It also photogaphed well, and when set with the matching powder, held up. So I'm happy.

Is this something I'd wear daily? No. This foundation can be difficult to use, you have to blend it pretty quickly or else your skin looks chalky. Also, unless you use a good moisturizer underneath, it'll look too powdery.

The price was good, $8, and while I'd have preferred a pump top, I can live with the current packaging. I typically use cosemtic sponges once or twice and then wash them in something antibacterial, so I'm not too concerned about hygeine.

Video Reviews & Tutorials