L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't understand what all the fuss over True Match is about. I also have pale yellow-toned Asian skin and could NOT find a decent match. 3N and 3W were the closest match but both had a little too much peach. I could tell as soon as I stepped in bright natural light that my skin was off. 4W had a better yellow-based shade but was too dark. Mixing did not yield better results and is too much work for a foundation I don't even like. The dewey, almost shiny finish also left something to be desired. This is definitely not a foundation for combo skin. It was slipping off my face by the end of the day. The only good thing that came out of this experience was that I bought True Match for 50% otherwise I would have been very angry.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This puts me very much in mind of Prescriptives much more expensive Flawless Total Protection Makeup. Same consistancy, coverage, but maybe slighly more matte in finish, which is great for those of us with larger pores, as I found the Flawless to settle into them, and this does NOT! Wonderful makeup - I have to say, I tried it earlier this summer, and it tended to melt on my skin after a few hours, but kept it to try in the dryer winter months, and I was totally taken by surprise - the finish is beautiful, medium to almost full buildable coverage - and it has been lasting all day - not melting due to humidity - This makes my skin look almost flawless, which is saying alot - surprisingly, though, with as many shades as they have, I still have to mix two - W1 with N2 - I'm a C25 in MAC - but since it's so inexpensive compared to dept. store brands, I don't mind - I just kinda hate those little glass bottles - feel like I'm in a clinical trial or something - so I decided to mix my two into an old pump bottle that held another foundation.
This is great makeup for those with normal skin, or oiler gals who get dryer in winter

This foundation didn't do much for me... it's hard enough trying to find a perfect match for my fair Asian skin tone, and the color range is decent as I was able to find a close enough match. However, I've since found better matches with Laneige (a relatively popular Korean brand) and Shiseido. Overall, I found this average at best... I liked that it was light and easy to apply, but had little staying power throughout the day. I have combo skin, often oily at the end of the day, and I found that the this foundation would easily smear off whenever I gently brush my hand against my cheek. It didn't cover blemishes or scars, but I suppose that's wear a good concealer should come in and do it's work. So... no, I would not buy this again.

This product is EXTREMELY matte. If your skin is even slightly dry, or has dry patches, this foundation will emphasize every rough area and look ashy.

I've bought 4 bottles of this already (though I'm only halfway through the 3rd one; couldn't help picking up a 4th when it came packaged with a free True Match blush!). It's one of the best foundations I've tried. I use W3, which is a good match for my light-med yellow-toned skin; I was fairly surprised at this because all other L'Oreal foundations I've tried in the past always came out some horrifying shade of salmon. This foundation also goes on nicely with a natural-looking finish, and it handles my combo skin well. Nice price point, too!

I bought this today (mostly due to the cute packaging and the dewey affect this foundation has) in C4 Shell Beige and I LOVE IT! MY NEW HG LIQUID FOUNDATION!!

I bought two sample packs of this foundation, the 1 and 2 series. None of the colors in 1 (W1, N1, C1) ever seemed right so I more or less gave up before trying the 2 series. This week something caused a rash on my face, perhaps liquid soap, so I was really looking over my foundations for something to even out my skin tone and texture, but still look natural. I noticed in the past that the True Match powder was very natural looking, so I chose the N2 sample of the foundation. I can tell this is a great match (I'm NC20, but less yellow). My skin immediately looked more calm and even when I applied a thin layer. It really did last all day, with the True Match powder over it. I checked it in natural light and office light and was really impressed. I use a lot of sunscreen, so my face was very moisturized before applying. I didn't notice and enhancemrnt of lines. quite the opposite. The powder I use is from the 1 series sample, I mix the W1, N1, C1 together with my brush. I don't know why this works, but it does.
I think the unique feature of True Match is that my skin still has texture with the foundation and powder. I really like the glowy outdoor look, but I often have to chose between raw skin that is more dewey and textured and the super smooth polished look of foundation and/or powder. This product was a definite ego boost, even when my skin looked a lot worse than usual. I gave this prodcut a 4 because it is difficult to find the right color. The card in the store indicated W1; that was too light.

I've always been a fan of L'Oreal's foundation products, and recently tried this one after hearing one of my friends rave about it, but I've been sadly disappointed. I've found it to be chalky (for lack of a better term), despite trying multiple shades, and it also seems to emphasize those fine lines we all start getting around 30. I'm sticking with one of their older foundation lines.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Not for me. I've only recently started up w/ liquid foundations after deciding I wanted more coverage than my Shiseido Powdery Foundation was giving me. Needless to say, I like my face to look natural--even, but natural. I figured something called "True Match" would be a good choice seeing as it's supposed to blend into my skin. Anyway, I went to L'Oreal's website and was matched up w/ W4 (Natural Beige). The intensity of the color is great, but not the color itself (meaning the "4" part of the W4 is fine, but not the "W"). I wouldn't say it was Oompa-Loompa bad, but it did have an orange cast to it. Of course, this could mean that all I need is to do is try the neutral color equivalent to get a better feel for this foundation. However, I choose not to do this b/c I found that when I applied this stuff to my face, my skin looked freakishly perfect. As in mannequin-like, as in...I don't know exactly, but to be perfectly dramatic, the effect was disturbing. It looked this way even when I mixed the foundation w/ my moisturizer, and I decided that this wasn't the right product for me and my tinted moisturizer tendencies. Lastly, I realize that many find glass bottles chic and pretty, but I can't stand them. They're heavy and impractical for travel and are basically begging me to drop them on the floor.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really have a hard time finding fdtn's that have full coverage for dry, sensitive, and PPP skin. I believe I've found it in this fdtn! I am an extreme PPP, so I use W1 (Porcelain). It glides over my skin very smoothly and provides medium to full coverage, without feeling cakey. I will buy again. UPDATE: I lowered my rating to 3 b/c this is too drying for my dry skin and emphasizes the lines around my upper cheeks and eyes. Bummer, b/c the color match and smooth formula are so great. Won't repurchase.