March 2, 2015 | 1086 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2005 8:09:00 PM More reviews by slmaturo

Color matched my NC-15 skintone well. Consistency is ok with medium coverage. I bought the neutral tone in the lightest shade. The warm and cool seemed too yellow and pink for me. I do seem to have a little of both undertones in my skin though. Would buy again, but I don't use it all that often, I think because of the consistency. It just doesn't make my skin feel like it is "finished" like some other foundations do.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2005 3:43:00 PM More reviews by BunniesKill

Who exactly is this meant to match? I dig the concept: L'Oreal is trying to jump on the Prescriptives bandwagon by recognizing that undertone is at least as important as "light or dark." The difference is that Prescriptives is a department store brand, so it's feasible to have lots and lots of options in stock. L'Oreal clearly had to cut corners, the result being that the "Warm" range jumps from W1 (Jaundiced Vampire) to W3 (Orange Julius). The consistency is runny, and True Match goes on like tempera paint.

I'd also point out that "exact match" makeup lines work because of the trained rep behind the counter. I know I have yellow undertones from being Color Matched and Color Me Beautifuled, but truly most girls I know would have no clue. And wearing "browns, oranges, and dark greens" (as suggested on the display) is not an exclusive or reliable indicator that you're a Warm. Fair-skinned Warms are sometimes washed out by colors that dark and have an entirely different palette.

31 out of 51 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2005 6:33:00 PM More reviews by angie2882

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is really great. At first it may not seem that good but thats probably because your not puting it on right. Also it has a very wide selection of coulors and if you cant find a match( which would be vary rare) either get a light coulor and add blush, bronzer or loose powder or you can mix 2 of the bottles together. I have just tried it and the staying power is more and it stays matte for 9 hours on my oily skin.I really like this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2005 9:07:00 AM More reviews by go_onyagoodthing

I have combo pale skin and usually have a problem with foundations slipping off after a few hours. I quite like this foundation though. The pros are:
>gives decent coverage yet still looks natural(I would say it gives medium coverage, not full).
>It lasts well and doesnt slide off my face.
>Its reasonably priced at just under 12 euro in Ireland.
>The bottle has a really nice pump design which is hygenic and useful as you can control the amount it gives out.
The Cons are:
>It could give a bit more coverage
>It doesnt stay absolutely perfect all day
>Even though its a colour match product I dont think it performs effectively at this as Im usually easy enough to match but this didnt fully match my skin colour.

All-in-all a good product. Not totally perfect but almost.Some people found it broke them out. Im not prone to products breaking me out & havent noticed any more spots than normal!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2005 10:15:00 PM More reviews by NetKaren

Well, this isn't the worst foundation I've tried and while it didn't break me out, it did clog my pores. The only good thing I can say about it is that the shades are good and I was able to find a good match for my skin tone. I thought I could find a decent cheap foundation. I guess you do get what you pay for. I won't buy this again. FWIW, I usually use Stila foundation and MAC tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2005 7:17:00 PM More reviews by czook04

I really like this...goes on smooth and doesnt look fake at all. Very blendable and looks the most natural than any other foundation has looked on me. I wish it weren't as expensive since I am a college student on a budget but I would love to buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2005 12:44:00 AM More reviews by MRawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I haven't bought this product but got a sample bottle in a kit of L'Oreal Preference hair dye.

The sample was two shades darker than my skin tone, but when I put it on it blended right in! It felt and looked flawless. Plan to buy as soon as I get the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2005 5:18:00 PM More reviews by SuperGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really liked this product. I have never really used foundation before, but I decided to try this to even out my complexion a little better. I use N3 (Natural Buff) and it really is a PERFECT match. I like the texture, and it goes on and looks completely natural. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2005 9:18:00 PM More reviews by MBarbie10

I love this product! I wear the shade W4 and it matches perfectly. I skin tends to break out easily, but this make up hasn't made me break out at all. It isn't heavy or cakey feeling, but I find it covers imperfections easily! I will be trying the new powder and concealer I recently saw on shelves. Overall, this is the best drug store foundation I've ever used!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2005 11:15:00 PM More reviews by samijean

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff feels greasy and even though I don't wear a lot you can still tell I'm wearing foundation.