February 1, 2015 | 1087 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2004 9:39:00 PM More reviews by rydenfan2

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am taking this back to the store. I've had better coverage using Jane liquid foundation. The Neutral N2 in Classic Ivory was supposed to be the best match for me, and looked fine in the bottle but way too light when applied. It also settled into every crevice and pore on my face, reminding me of the L'oreal commercial with Andie MacDowell saying "I hate looking like someone baked a cake on my face". It was exactly like that. I will say that the scent was pleasant and it didn't smell like a low end drugstore foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2004 12:33:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't like this product. It blended nicely, but it also had to feel incredibly greasy. It also clogged my pores horribly. I wish it was lighter and wasn't so bad for my skin because the color was decent for my PPP skin (c1 i think?) But I also used this during the summer, so the heat may have made this product melt off my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2004 1:16:00 AM More reviews by drmngangel

when i took the online color matcher, i was told w6 would be a perfect match; but not as good as w4. the quiz helps direct you in the right direction. w4 works so well and it blends in perfectly. i tried w5, but it appeared too pinkish for my skin and w6 was much to dark. i use a sponge to apply, it goes on sheer but enough coverage for little blemishes. my skin looks flawless but still natural. you dont have to worry about getting a cakey look. ill definitely buy this again. blends smoothly and easily.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2004 10:52:00 PM More reviews by lilacmess

I did find a shade that matched my skin, but I went with a neutral, even though I actually have a cool skin tone. The cool tones are far too pink for anyone I've ever seen (except maybe Porky Pig or something). The main problem is that this foundation made me break out, and I haven't really broken out from anything since I got off of Accutane over a year ago. The coverage is somewhat adjustable, but it didn't blend into my skin all that easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2004 3:42:00 PM More reviews by laetitia774

Not the worse foundation I've ever tried but certainly did not live up to its "True Match" promise, at least for my skin anyway. All the colors were either too pink or peachy for my skin (NC 20) and I wasn't thrilled about the finish--slightly dewy with a medium coverage. I have combo skin and by mid-morning, the make-up was slipping off my skin. Good thing I got it on sale as I already threw it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2004 4:13:00 PM More reviews by rowena6724

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I always thought I had cool tones, but this foundation's cool tones are really pink, so I went with neutral (n1). I love it. My skin looks flawless. It doesn't cover zits or dark circles, but it blends well as long as you don't let it sit on your face for a long time. It made my t-zone kind of shiney after a few hours, but that was because I skipped my normal pressed powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2004 10:13:00 PM More reviews by tangerinie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tired this foundation after repeated failed guesses of my skin shade, Since this name says "true match". I have it in Sun Beige or W6, and its pretty close to my skin tone. The coverage is pretty sheer to medium, and I like the fact that it is oil-free. My complaints are that the shade makes me look pink in sunlight, (which I noticed that its even worse with feel naturale compact makeup in sand beige)and it makes me look really shiny like a hood of a just waxed car.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2004 10:19:00 AM More reviews by kristenlouise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to admit, I really like this. I have this in C1 (my undertones are exceedingly blue) and it matches well, though in photographs, it looks far too pale since the flash affects the sunscreen in it, as with most drugstore foundations. Argh. Other than that, I love. Nice coverage, beautiful color. Doesn't do much in terms of keeping my skin from becoming a greasefest, but argh. What else is new? Definitely my favorite drugstore foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2004 1:44:00 PM More reviews by lovekitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really surprised the reviews for True Match aren't better! I never recieved compliments on my complexion in my whole life... until I used this. W1 is the best match I've ever found for my extremely-fair skin (PPP, dark hair); I'm on my third bottle ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2004 10:38:00 AM More reviews by glitteratti

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not a bad foundation for the price and for the right skin. Not for oily, tending to break-out types, tho. On my skin, the color I chose was great, went on smoothly and had enough staying power for most of the day. Coverage is fine for me, as I have no real "skin issues", except for dryness, which I take care of using a moisturizer before applying foundation. I have medium color skin, and use "Amber" in Jane Iredale loose powder at times. In True Match, I chose Shell Beige (C4).