L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 4/23/2005 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have normal-to-oily skin that's slightly acne prone. I'm in my early 20s and my main concern is covering some recessed acne scars. L'Oreal True Match is a great medium-coverage foundation that is easy to blend and wears well. On me, it has a semi-matte finish that looks natural. My skin did not become oilier than normal and has not broken out after 2 weeks of use. I use shade W7 (caramel beige, the warm shade in the medium-deep category), and it is the best drugstore match I have found for my medium, very warm (am of Middle Eastern descent) skin. For comparison, I wear MAC C5 in Face & Body and am a MMM/GGG.

on 4/23/2005 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this over a tinted moisturizer, and it really balances out my imperfections. The reason I'm so hooked it because I have yet to find a foundation that matches my skin so well and doesn't look fake compared to my body (I have a cool toned face and warm toned body). It's no HG, but it's good enough for now.

on 4/23/2005 9:43:00 PM

The color for me was actually pretty good but I have to agree the staying power is just not up to par. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my chantecaille-but eeek didn't find it. Although it didnt break me out--it just generally came off my face in about 4 or 5 hours and imperfections showed through--which is just not cool! Also--its also kind of oily--which I'm not a fan of. I think the only thing it has going for it-is the vast array of colors. (But then again-mixing and blending can do the job as well!)

on 4/23/2005 7:43:00 PM

For an inexpensive foundation, this isn't bad. It does create a natural glowy finish. However, I agree with islander13 in that it just doesn't last. If it weren't for that quality, this foundation would be almost perfect. Oh, well. Still searching for my HG.

This stuff is the BEST! I've been looking forever for a foundation that gives a flawless finish without the mask-like look - THIS IS IT! You only need to use a tiny bit of it because it blends amazingly and evens out your skin town- it even makes my mom's 57-year old skin look fabulous.

on 4/17/2005 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

With this officially fabulous liquid foundation available in 24 non-peachy shades, it's bound to match your skin tone to a T...or an F, for "fabulous." Its coverage is moderate, with the need for corrector for redness, and concealer for those boo-boos that just don't go away. ;).

Overall grade: A

on 4/17/2005 12:44:00 AM

I'll recommend this to anyone who doesn't break out easily. The blendability of the formula is outstanding, the texture feels nice, and it's so light that you forget you're wearing it, but I had blemishes every day for the two weeks it took me to find a new foundation. There's plenty of oil in the formula, and whatever they used just did not work with my skin at all -- I don't break out very easily, either, but this stuff gave me a run for my money.

Those of you with combination skin might have better luck with Almay Clear Complexion.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this at Fred Meyers a few days ago (or rather, had my grandmother buy for me) for $10. THIS STUFF IS PHENOMINAL. I love it. No creases, no smudging, no fading. It's great. I use the shade "light ivory." It blends so well you can't even tell you're wearing it (and I don't wear any other makeup on my face, other than eye stuff). I highly recommend this product.

on 4/14/2005 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lots of colors and I found one that matched me perfectly. However, this foundation did nothing for my skin. If you just need really light coverage, this might be a good condition. But, I like the poreless, flawless look...so I will have to keep searching

on 4/13/2005 11:29:00 AM

With all the hype that preceded this foundation, I thought I would give it a go. My skin is fair with freckles and is typically combination skin. I ususally find it hard to get an exact match which further urged me to try True Match. Initially, I chose the N1 shade which I found a little light although it blended well with my skin tone. People commented however, that I looked a little peaky!! Not the desired effect! So, yesterday I bought a darker shade, N4, and it's a big improvement! Onc I apply powder during the day to my T-zone, the foundation doesn't slip off. Today, girls at work were asking me what foundation I had on coz that they wanted to try it too. If you like a light foundation thats not too 'in your face' and is easy on the purse strings, then I would definitely recommend True Match.

Video Reviews & Tutorials