September 19, 2014 | 1846 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2004 11:14:00 PM More reviews by kaestu

I have to say that this is one of the best drugstore foundations I have ever used. I stopped using them completely for a couple of years because I could never find one that matched my skin tone of that I liked the texture of. But I LOVE the texture of this foundation. It glides on smoothly and the coverage is just right. And, it actually matches my skintone exactly. I am an LLL with brown hair and eyes and I got C2 - Natural Ivory. I was surprised to learn that a "cool" foundation was right for me, but it is. This is my everyday foundation. My favorite is still Armani MSF but I can't bring myself to wear it just for everyday kind of stuff, so I use True Match instead and I'm very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2004 3:53:00 PM More reviews by rachel781

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My fav. foundation now...color matches great, covers my acne, blends nice and feels like velvet

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2004 1:26:00 AM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I haven't bought this foundation b/c not a single one of the colors work on me. I'm always between 2 shades & I will not buy two bottles. A true match? Maybe for some people, but not for me I 'spose...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2004 9:48:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I like this foundation, got this in just a bit too dark, I picked the w4 in Natural Beige. It doesn't contain sunscreen, but that's okay, I apply spf of at least 15 before foundation. I don't know that I would call this my HG foundation, I can't quite figure out why, the color range is superb, the coverage is a nice medium, can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's just because of my color miscalculation; guess I'll try one from the neutral beige color range and report back.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2004 11:42:00 AM More reviews by lismith

This foundation feels great on my combination skin. I always apply foundation over a moisturizer. True match applied over moisturizer blends easily and feels velvety. The transparent color-matching sheets on the store display worked great to pick a shade that matches my skin perfectly (true beige). The coverage is good for evening out skin tone, but doesn't leave me looking "made up", it still looks very natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2004 2:26:00 AM More reviews by parrottheadmd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow! I love this stuff! Matches my skin perfectly and the texture is great. Definitely stays on, so be careful when you wash your face.....I've started following up with a toner to get rid of all traces. I know some poeple break out from this foundation, and I think it might be because it's kind of hard to remove.

I've also heard that it's not oil free, but there is no oil listed on the ingredients. I have oily oily skin and I like the way it wears and looks on my skin.

Update: It is now summer here in Hotlanta, and my skin is OIL SLICK city! Since i've tried changing everything else, I've come to realize that it is this foundation that is making my skin look super "dewey", and not in a good way. I love this stuff, but i'm going to have to shelve it until the winter when my skin can take this stuff again. Sad, it was my perfect color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2004 5:54:00 PM More reviews by smiles4c

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love everything about this foundation. The color match is great, the texture is silky and easy to blend, it gives good coverage on my very ruddy cheeks and looks very natural. It is light-medium coverage, but it is buildable without getting cakey :D I'm an NC20/C2 and W2 is a perfect color match. Lots of foundations break me out, but this one is one of the few that doesn't. I strayed from this foundation for a little while, but I went crawling back to it :P It's the best foundation that I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2004 7:08:00 PM More reviews by miss_mae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this after I paid $40 for a Shisheido foundation which appeared to perfectly match my skin but I later found that it turned white in a camera flash. As the whole reason I was even buying foundation in the first place was because I needed something for my wedding, this simply wouldn't do. I later learned that foundations with SPF often reflect pale in camera flashes. I went down to Rite Aid and picked out Sun Beige. It matched better than the Shisheido foundation, and it felt more light- weight. The pictures from my wedding day came out great, even though I had gotten a few small zits right before. The coverage was just enough to even out my skin-tone, and obscure the zits, but it didn't make me feel like I was suffocating. My face did get a little shiny toward the end of the reception, but over all, I am quite pleased with the product, and that's saying a lot because I hate foundation. I put that I will not buy this again only because I don't wear foundation. UPDATE: I have lowered my rating on this from 5 to three not because the True Match has shown some previously unnoticed flaw but because I have found my Holy Grail Foundation - Monave Mineral Foundation - which matches my skin perfectly, contains no allergy or pimple-inducing chemicals, contains sun block and feels weightless on. Now that I know how great foundation can be, True Match has fallen in my estimation.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2004 9:52:00 AM More reviews by ChicElle18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was reading through the magazine one day and saw this product as a sample. I couldn't wait to try it but when I finally did I didn't like it. I cannot lie and say this is a horrible product because its not. It provides awesome coverage but I myself prefer a more natural approach to makeup. This was very thick and did not allow my skin to breath. This isn't to say this isn't a good product though because it is!

If You Don't Like This Try: Mark C-Thru-U Tinted Moisturizer or Mark Speedway Stick!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2004 9:34:00 PM More reviews by SophieKitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really enjoyed having such a near perfect match for the first couple weeks...Then I broke out. I haven't had a break out like this since I was 15!! I quickly went back to Almay's skin stays clean. It's cheap, and I'm now recovering from all of the acne.