September 21, 2014 | 1830 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

EDITED:
    my opinion has completely changed after using this product longer.
    When I was first using this, I did not set it with any powder and I found that it was very easily "scratched" off my face.
    Now that I have learned, the way I apply this so it looks the most natural on my skin is I use a damp sponge, pat it onto my face in sections, and then I use my concealer, and then set everything with a powder.
    It covers everything (pores, blemishes, redness), except for the blackheads on my nose. It does get cakey if you layer too much on, but as long as you're careful it should be fine!
    I do have to touch up on my t-zone after a 4 hours or so, but I find that the foundation stays on the rest of my face perfectly without it being scratched or rubbed off.
    Only thing would be the packaging, I heard that they are coming out with a pump, and definitely can't wait for that. While I don't mind the opening because I just cover it with the sponge, but it is pretty messy.
    Overall, would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 6:12:00 AM More reviews by jeniphooo

This is a really good foundation for the price. I love almost everything about it. The only cons are of the course the glass bottle & the fact that it dries so quickly, it can be difficult to blend if you're not swift enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Clyndy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this foundation!! Been using for 5+ years. My favorite shade/formula is 440 Mahogany/Combination Oily Skin. What's especially great about this foundation is that it has excellent coverage that lasts all day, color stays true, low transfer. Perfection in a bottle...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by makeupyuppy

I bought this product yesterday as I read all of the positive reviews and thought it was worth a shot.My skin is super pale and I always end up looking orange but the Ivory colour matched my skin perfectly! I bought the one for dry skin as my acne cream tends to make my skin dry and it blended so well.I have some scars on my chin where I used stippling and once it drys they're covered really well- I didn't even need concealer. So far I'm very happy and think I've finally found my HG foundation! I'm giving it 4/5 as it really needs a pump and is a bit expensive for a drug store product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 3:36:00 AM More reviews by welshcherry

Excellent product.
    Lasts all day, excellent coverage but the colour is very natural - could not live without it! A+ product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by kellydoeshair

I ADORE this foundation, regular price it IS a little expensive for a drugstore foundation but the product itself is GREAT! stays forever and the coverage is really good... it is a little difficult to blend and I WISH the bottle came with a pump but overall is one of my top 5 fave foundations! I own it in tons of colors to custom match myself at any time by mixing! so awesome, keep your eyes peeled for bogo in drugstores then STOCK UP!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by vickywang

The one for oily and combination skin has very thick texture which provides definitely medium to full coverage. I find this foundation get darker after few hours, so I chose the color slighterly lighter than my skin tone. After few hours, it just matches my skintone perfectly. Staying power is strong, I will say it lasts more then 6 hours. But my face does get oily after lunch break, but it is definitely tolerable. I use fingers to apply, and I apply it really quickly as it tends to dry in a very short time. But mixing with face lotion, or tiny bit of other foundation with thinner texture does make it easier to apply. Another good ways is to apply it will wet sponge. Personally I do not like to use foundation brush, so I have no idea how the affect will be.

It is my second bottle. i will not say it is the really good foundation. I like Dior Forever more. But it is definitely the best drugstore foundation I have used and if you are looking for sth with good coverage and lasts long time, you will be happy with this. I found the texture is very similar to some of the MAC foundations, so I am happy that this foundation gives the similar result with cheaper price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ParkwayDrive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Omg! HG! i was applying this fndtn wrong the whole time! I was using my fingers and it was OK. But today i decided to try stippling and i L O V E it! makes my skin look airbrushed and gorgeous! will buy again when i run out! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Glamfiend

I LOVE this foundation. I have used soooo many different kinds of foundations from cream, liquid, stick, powder and they all looked patchy on my skin, because of the dryness on my cheeks, no matter what I did. I thought that having a patchy face was just what I had to live with. Then after watching YouTube video reviews I decided to purchase revlon colorstay in the color buff in the normal to dry formula. And it looks like airbrushed skin when I apply it. I use a dampened sponge and it looks so flawless. I tried using a brush and it didn't look good at all, the sponge is the way to go!!! I just can't believe that finally I have found the most wonderful foundation for my skin!!! I'm just too excited.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by meganj327

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this foundation. However, it always ended up looking like a caked on mess. Ive tried several different ways of applying it, always getting the same result. I was using the oily/combination skin formula, and my face just seemed to get even more oily as the day went on. Then trying to blot with powder would just make it worse.