September 1, 2014 | 1042 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2008 10:36:00 AM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

OK, so being the MU addict that I am I HAD to try this. I really didn't think this could beat my beloved Lash Blast,,,,,,,,but I think it may have. It does come out of the tube a little "wet", but if you wipe it off on a paper towel, it takes care of it. This is one of those "do it all" mascaras, lengthens, thickens, just makes your eyes overall "pop". You get lovely, flirty lashes that open up your eyes. I admire Maybelline for not copying the Lash Blast wand/brush (but maybe there is a patent I don't know about) and just super sizing the regular brush. You can't miss the tube in your MU case either, because it is a bright, screaming yellow with purple lettering. I got the Glam Black, which like another reviewer said, is a basic deep black. Will probably re-purchase........until the next big loudly colored mascara comes along.
EDIT: I *was* loving this UNTIL the scraper thing (don't know official name) popped out twice and left me with a really gunky wand. The second time this happened this hit the trash can. I don't know if I want to give it a 2nd change. Lash Blast NEVER did this. I am going back to my big orange friend!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by jennybabey

Holy cow this is an amazing mascara, I waited for
weeks for this to come to canada and I'm so glad I bought it!
When you first see it the packaging is eyecatching and very cute.
You won't see any other mascara as bright as this! haha.
When you first open it you get a strong scent of roses, almost
like a strong floral perfume in a way. It bothers alot of people but
I don't mind it, the brush is huge. You don't have to wipe off the
acess with this mascara like you do with others, because the perfect
amount is already on the brush! All you need is three coats and you
eyelashes that look like false eyelashes! I always get asked if their
fake or not with this mascara on. I'm the type of person who needs
to curl their eyelashes religiously. and this mascara, holds it well, i just
need to use the old hairdryer trick. but overall, my new HG for now. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 6:52:00 PM More reviews by cutestuff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm writing this review on behalf of my 15 year old daughter.....cuz she fell in love with it as soon as she saw the funky colored tube!!!

She has long lashes naturally, puts a coat of Colossal on and she is good to go!!! The Glam Black shade really makes her lashes and hazel eyes POP!!!! It lasts long and doesn't flake!!!

So...what was supposed to be MY mascara and review ended up to be hers!!!

Totally worth the 4.99 I paid for at Walgreens! She loves it best out of all the Maybelline mascaras...she was using Full 'n Soft!!

The rose smell isn't all that bad...it faded quickly for her...she WOULD have complained if it smelt really terrible!!

Give this stuff a try!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by jinglecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

ok, I wish this smelled as good as fake roses! but, it does make a pretty much perfect lash in two swipes. It can be ultra-naturale, or vampy, if you want to work it. By the end of the day, my long, naturally up-curved lashes sag slightly under the weight of this. However, I simply can not be bothered to comb mascara, or kink my lashes- mascara must do it all and snappy!. The color 'Glam-Black'? its black. They haven't re-invented black, or anything. Cheap and lovable, the exact opposite of my lash-blast experience..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by boss_lady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I know, yet another great review for the product. I realize that peoples' biggest problem so far with this product is the smell, which I also smelled the first time I took the brush out of the tube. Yeah, it smells like fake roses. I typically don't apply my mascara under my nose to draw on a fake moustache, though, so it's not a big deal (well... maybe once or twice, but just to make my roommate laugh). If anything, the smell only worries me marginally because I know it's either added fragrance or a reaction of chemicals. This stuff does what it says it's going to do, and I love it for that. I also don't care for big brushes on mascara, but this one I can get nice and clean and doesn't get any product on my eyelid. It passes through my greasy-faced twelve hour days like a champ- no flaking at all! I also find that I don't have as difficult a time removing this mascara before bed as I've had with others. Ten outta ten.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2008 2:42:00 PM More reviews by glossy81

overall, i like this mascara. i put a few coats on without letting it dry in between coats and was immediately disappointed. i couldn't see anything. so i decided to let it dry between coats and it was much better that way. it did make my lashes look long and thick. i don't know if any mascara has ever blown me away but this is definitely nice and i would repurchase. i guess i will mention this does have a pretty strong scent but scents don't bother me, but if scent bothers you, this is more than likely not the mascara for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by megs34

I love this mascara. I got it in the glam black i think? its wonderful.. and i do smell the scent that everyone keeps talking about but it doesnt both me. I use this and lash blast love them both but i think this one makes me lashes look fuller and more intense. Lashblast is my daytime mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by solarchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara stuck out to me since it came in a bright yellow tube. I liked that it did give volume without a lot of coats but what I liked best about it is that my lashes stayed soft and the mascara didn't flake off. I'd get it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Mokike2000

I finally gave in to trying "the Colossal" mascara by Maybelline only to be disappointed by the price and the fact that the product did not deliver what it promises. I have straight lashes and use the Shu Uemura lash curler to get a nice curl. This mascara removed the curl. My lashes looked thin (yes, long) and straight. I can't deny I love the intensity of the Glam Black color but it's not worth the price. I think Maybelline should've left good enough alone. My favorite mascara is a tie between the Volum' Express Waterprooof and the Maybelline Lash Stylist Waterproof. This Colossal is going back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had a hard time finding this, and finally bought it online. I was really excited to get it (man, I need a life!), and wasn't disappointed at all. First, I LOVE the yellow and black tube. It makes me smile and cheers me up. Secondly, the mascara itself is wonderful. My lashes look very dark, long, dramatic and noticeable. So far, I haven't had much trouble with clumping and none with smudging. I think it smells like fake rose-scent, so it doesn't bother me at all. For now, my favorite mascara.