November 22, 2014 | 1724 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2006 6:51:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Am I a lemming? Like everybody else I love this concealer. I used to use Becca's concealer and while I liked the color range very much there was something about the texture that was not perfect. I think maybe it was too pigmented for me... Enter Cle de Peau. Not too creamy, or too dry. Just the right amount of pigment. I swipe this on the back of my hand to warm it then use a brush to apply around my eyes and on red spots. I don't need foundation because between this and powder (Laura Mercier) my skin looks perfect while looking like skin. It actually dries to a very nice finish so it doesn't need powder but I use the Laura Mercier secret powder on it around my eyes and it really gives me a fantastic, great night's sleep look... I think this concealer will last a really long time so it's actually not such a bad deal...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2006 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Anna_Copa_Cabana

This is the best undereye concealer that I have tried. And I have tried many. It doesn't crease, it stays put, and the finish is very believable. I swipe it on directly from the stick, then pat pat pat it into place. It's not wet enough to smooth it on like a cream concealer; you really do need to pat and warm it with your fingers. Or at least I do. My only complaint is that I can't use it anywhere else on my face because the result is horrible cyctic acne. It's a bummer, being otherwise perfect and all, but the undereye perfection (which is what it was made for) is enough to warrent a 5 from me. I use Ivory in the winter and switch to Ochre in the summer if I've gotten some color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2006 1:29:00 AM More reviews by keavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know why I haven't reviewed this product yet because I absolutely love this concealer ! The shade I have is Beige which for me is perfect (nc20-25 and sometimes nc30 during the summer) I've tried Ochre and Ivory but Beige suits me best. The coverage is great for under my eyes,and it doesn't crease-very little product needed. Also,it lasts a VERY long time,I'm still on my first tube which I bought last year (no joke) ! Although the price is a bit high,it's definately worth it because it's high quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2006 2:11:00 AM More reviews by daydreamer3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I put off buying this concealer for quite a while because I thought that it would be too drying for my eye area. The other reason, of course, is the staggering price. But my dark circles had gone from bad to worse (due to an extremely stressful move from NY to LA over the summer), and I was getting desperate. After trying it out at a Paul Labreque hair salon in NYC, I fell in love with it immedately. I was so surprised at how creamy and natural it looked. It isn't at all drying around my eye area, although I do recommend using a lot of eye cream before applying (Laura Mercier's Eyedration is really good!). My dark circles are pretty bad, so unfortunately I do need to use a lot of product to cover them. But it looks completely natural and never creases (a true miracle!). I have light olive, FFF skin, and I use Beige. The SA matched me up with it instantly and sure enough, it was a perfect match! I could not be happier with this product. The price however, (which is now $70 plus tax!) is really hard to get over. But it's well worth it IMO, because it evens out my skin so well by itself, that I don't even need foundation anymore. This is my HG staple for sure! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2006 2:41:00 AM More reviews by aebernero23

I love this product. I would give it 5 lippies if it weren't for the fact that it can be somewhat drying. I've found that over time it dries up the skin underneath my eyes. So, Ive had to resort to using two different concealers. Other than that, it's phenomenal!!! Covers well, and does not break me out. It is very expensive, but last quite awhile. It's a makeup staple for me. EDIT: Took a lippie of because I stopped using this. It just got to be too drying, despite the fact that I was using the Cle de Peau eye cream. I had to move on. Not too dissapointed as this did cost an arm and leg.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2006 2:56:00 AM More reviews by miasam17

I was intrigued by this product with all the magazine hype. My biggest problem is my very dark undereye circles (hereditary). Although cinema secrets is also a good concealer, i got tired of using it. I used to go without an undereye cream, and after a long time of using cinema secrets, it can be drying. The pot is getting unhygienic too. And so i switched. The same problem, Cle de Peau can be drying to the skin around the eyes. The texture is silky and the color (i use Beige) looks natural, I can go on without the powder. But as I said, it can be drying. And so I apply an eye cream before putting on concealer. It doesn't completely cover but minimizes. I realized that maybe it's not the concealer anymore, but really just my bad undereyes! And so I bought a foundation, and use the concealer on top of it. I should have done this a long time ago. Anyway, I can say this is a nice concealer, but too much moisture can cause it to slide. Too many layers can emphasize fine lines. I found that applying pressure on my ring finger instead of light pats to get the concealer works better. Feels light on the skin. Not the best concealer, I am still on my search for a better one (I will try MUFE Lift Concealer next). But if I dont find it, I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2006 6:40:00 PM More reviews by threeboysmom

I broke down and bought this concealer after seeing on Style Network that it was a HG concealer for many MU Artists. It is not perfect, however it is the best I have ever tried. It has a wonderful consistency and covers well. The price ($85.00) is over the top but dark circles are my No. 1 beauty issue.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2006 6:50:00 PM More reviews by quanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing. Despite the great and consisent reivews for this product, I find myself wholly disappointed with it. I must admit my shade choice was wrong: "ivory" when I should have chosen "ochre" or "beige" so I'm considering attempting a swap as this is just too expenisve an acquisition to sit at the bottom of my make-up bag taking up space. If the "ochre" or "beige" work better I will update this review with a more positive score. Alas, my HG concealer continues to elude me . . .

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2006 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Ambrosia007

I was looking for a highly pigmented concealer to cover some blemishe scars I had. The SA told me this would work even thought it was marketed as an undereye concealer. And it did. Wonderfully! I love the packaging. Like the SA at NM told me to do, I just rubbed my finger on the top of the product to make it softer and easier to blend/apply and then I applied straight from my finger onto my face. I love the finish. I did not get oily or greasy on my face. I love the texture, the packaging, and the pigmentation. However, I did not use it under my eyes so I cannot comment on that. The concealer seems like it would last a long time and the high quality of the product did not make me hesistate too much to shell out $65. However, I am light to medium tan (about Hally Berry's color) and the darkest shade was too light for me. I gave the product of 4 out of 5 lippies because of the poor color selection...thats the only reason I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2006 5:20:00 AM More reviews by happyhdjm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What can I say? Moisturize, moisturize, MOISTURIZE before you apply this concealer. If you don't, you will get a dry, cakey feeling of something that will find little tiny lines even if there are none. If you do moisturize (and I even prefer to use heavy moisturizers like Sugar-Fresh rather than my Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye cream under this one), it will be easy to blend, soft, and a little piece of magic.

On many days I skip makeup altogether, except for moisturizing my undereye area and applying this concealer. I can go without anything else, but I've gotten so used to this product (I bought it over a year ago and I'm still on the same stick) that if I don't wear it, I look like I didn't sleep at all the previous night. HG for me, combined with a good moisturizer and powder on top to settle it.