April 19, 2014 | 1791 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2006 5:20:00 AM More reviews by happyhdjm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What can I say? Moisturize, moisturize, MOISTURIZE before you apply this concealer. If you don't, you will get a dry, cakey feeling of something that will find little tiny lines even if there are none. If you do moisturize (and I even prefer to use heavy moisturizers like Sugar-Fresh rather than my Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye cream under this one), it will be easy to blend, soft, and a little piece of magic.

On many days I skip makeup altogether, except for moisturizing my undereye area and applying this concealer. I can go without anything else, but I've gotten so used to this product (I bought it over a year ago and I'm still on the same stick) that if I don't wear it, I look like I didn't sleep at all the previous night. HG for me, combined with a good moisturizer and powder on top to settle it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2006 3:49:00 PM More reviews by ASluzar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After a long and occasionaly painful undereye concealer search, I have found my holy grail. I'm pale and pretty yellow so I use it in Ivory. I put it on my undereye area directly from the stick and since it's right after washing my face, I don't worry about contamination. It smooths out really easily and has a matte, almost powdery finish. You'll never wind up looking super-shiny with this stuff. I set it with the CDP loose powder to give it more staying power and the effect is just what I've been looking for. It covers my dark circles and looks like my skin. Yeay! I got a little concealer happy in the beginning and put it on a blemish and the redness under my nose and while it covered beautifully, it caused a gross breakout. So I stick to the undereye area and I'm happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2006 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Kristin302

THE BEST. The texture is thick and the color concentration is substantial, making it the perfect cover for dark circles. It's easily blended with fingers for that purpose, but a brush makes covering blemishes a little easier. It's also a fantastic base for eye shadows. It's not the cheapest thing you'll ever buy, but I use mine more than any other product (EVERY day) and one tube has lasted a year and a half.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2006 12:59:00 PM More reviews by simplicity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Cle de Peau Correcteur Visage conceals well, blends nicely and provides a smooth, natural, even finish without being too drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2006 9:52:00 AM More reviews by missemilysophie

The absolute best concealer I've tried, when I wear it I get told that I have beautiful skin, it blends beautifully and is barely dectectable, the price is crazy but I just can't buy anything else now. Its amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2006 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Fairclare

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had great expectations for this product because I had heard so much rave about it, but alas, it did not live up to the hype, for me anyway. I found it very thick and cakey even though the texture is very smooth. It seemed to accentuate wrinkles under my eyes and it's a disaster at covering imprefections - just cakes on top of them and looks patchy and awful. It was horrendously expensive and although the packaging is nice, that's not enough to warrant keeping it around. A big bust!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2006 9:22:00 PM More reviews by mfoster9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is THE BEST concealer on the market - and that's not just my oppinion - you can read it in nearly every magazine, and my cosmetology course instructor who has tried everything said that this is the industry standard. It is creamy and so heavily pigmented that it will cover just about anything with just the tiniest bit of product. I do not find it drying at all. It stays on perfectly all day without creasing.

For those of you saying you need a brush, that's rubbish. I've been using this product for 3 years and I always use my finger and just pat it into the corners of my eye. It works perfectly and it's better for your skin because you don't tug and therefore won't cause wrinkles...you'll also use less product. It's expensive but it will last you a looong time. I've had my same tube for 1.5 years and I still have about 1/3 of it left (and I use it every day!) This is your face - you want to keep it in the best shape you can, and you will do that by using CDP due to it's wonderful ingredient base. Try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2006 3:28:00 PM More reviews by bello

This is a great product but not enough for me to every pay that price again. I just don't think its worth paying that amount. There are other concealers on the market that can do a good job for a fraction of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2006 1:56:00 PM More reviews by chien_email

What can I say - this IS the best concealer I have used so far. Could be better, but then again, I have very dark "panda eyes" and have tried MAC, Clinique, The Body Shop, etc. None of them match up to this, which really glides and blends easily. A friend was raving about this to me years back, but I hesitate for almost a year because it comes in "stick" form (usually rather drying) and also the hefty price tag ... ouch! Gave this a 4 and not 5 because of this.

Bought mine in May'05 and I had just finished it last week. Did not manage to last for 1 year like most other MUAs - could be because that I used it DAILY. Using Paul & Joe's now which really suxs (see my review there).

KUDOS TO CPD'S SUPER DUPER CONCEALER!!!

TIP: This is selling for about SGD 114 in Singapore, but buy it in Bangkok's Central Chidlom if you happen to be there. It cost THB 2,500 and you can get a 5% tourist discount (get discount card from info counter), plus 7% VAT refund (when you purchase with other stuff to reach the minumum amount required for VAT refund - which is really not difficult when there are tons of other great buys in Bangkok, especially underwear!!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2006 3:58:00 PM More reviews by wjbk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really dark circles under my eyes and one of those charming prominent undereye veins to boot. This is hands down the best concealer Iíve ever used.It has an interesting, almost cream-to-powder texture. Really great coverage that's incredibly natural-looking. Ivory is just right for my light skin. Another big plus: It doesnít collect in the fine lines under my eyes. I havenít found it dry at all. My application method: I start with moisturizer, then eye cream, then foundation. I apply a tiny amount of concealer with my ring finger and pat it in. I sometimes use a concealer brush to reach the inner corners of my eyes. Set with loose powder. Yes, itís expensive, but a very little goes a long way. Neat, trim tube. Decent deals on this on eBay.