Cle de Peau Concealer (All Shades)

4.2

titanium dioxide, hydrogenated polydecene, cyclomethicone, mica, kaolin, CI 77492, diphenylsiloxy phenyl trimethicone, paraffin, sodium magnesium silicate, CI 77491, polyethylene, sorbitan sesquiisostearate, glycerin, barium sulfate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, microcrystalline wax (cera microcristallina), peg-10 dimethicone, phytosteryl macadamiate, ci 77499, water, synthetic fluorphlogopite, butylene glycol, polysilicone-5, tocopheryl, fragrance, tocopheryl acetate, aluminium hydroxide, alcohol, aluminium distearate, dimethicone, triethoxysilyethyl polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, rosa roxburghii fruit extract, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, camellia sinensis leaf extract, prunus speciosa leaf extract,

great concealer. full coverage. great ! love it love it!

This concealer is always in InStyle's Best of Beauty Buys, so I decided to give it a try after my NARS stick concealer ran out. I think I am slightly between the Ivory and the Beige (I am NC20-25), but decided to go with the Ivory because I was using it primarily on my undereyes.

Overall, it's a good concealer. Quite thick, without being cakey, and doesn't slide off or get sticky if I don't set with powder. It blends pretty well into the skin, covers my dark circles about 98%, and has good lasting power. It's also quick to apply - just a swipe of the stick under each eye, and then blend w/my ring finger.

I wish I could give it a 4.5 - it is very good, but not my HG. For $68 USD, I would have expected it to be the end all to be all. I will use it up, and will most likely rebuy unless I can find something better.

EDIT 9-18-08: So, I have finally finished my first tube of this concealer, and have not been able to find anything better. I've upped this review to 5 lippies, and I have repurchased this. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is not a bad concealer, but it's definitly not the best ever. comes in a twist-up tube that looks ugly, tacky and is made of super cheap plastic. looks like grandma makeup. yuck, but since I am the only one who sees my makeup it really doesn't matter. I have the concealer in the shade Beige. DOES crease and settle into fine lines unless set with a powder, but it does this a bit less than other concealers I have used. will slide off pimples/bumps very quickly, so you will have to use another concealer for those. I put this under my eyes, and use a moisturizer underneath. looks natural on my light skin (NC 15 in MAC). makes my super dark circles look less obvious. If I do not use very heavy moisturizer underneath, it becomes harder to blend into skin. This could probably be layered for more coverage, but I don't want a ton of product on my face. overall, not a bad product, but for the price (70$ U.S.!!!!!!!) I will not repurchase. for that much, it should work better.
UPDATE: It took a long time, but this stuff has finally dried out my eye area very badly. Even though I was using a heavy moisturizer underneath it, I noticed my eye area getting drier and drier. This product sticks to flakes and wrinkles REALLY badly, so my eyes don't look or feel good at all :(

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Loooove this concealer. First off, the width of the stick is a little large but I much prefer the stick over a squeeze tube. Aesthetics aside, this concealer is amazing for blemishes, broken caps and dark circles. I'm shocked at how it lasts on my oily skin even though it's so creamy. I set it under my eyes with a loose powder and on my face also. The greatest thing about this concealer, imo, is that I apply it with my fingers!!!! No more brush. Works and easy to use. Nirvana. The price? As my father says... if you have to ask, you can't afford it!

if the color works for you, this is a great blemish cover. i have combination skin that rarely breaks out, but i am quite fair and any small bump leaves a red spot for months (or so i think...) this covers and lasts, but only on tiny spots. this is not good for my mild undereye darkness-even at the age of 28 with no wrinkles and normal skin this is too chalky and drying. this also does a poor job with the slight redness around my nose and mouth-it's just too thick. i said i would buy this again, but only if i couldn't find ANYTHING else-this is way too expensive, though it should last several years- i have had mine at least a year, and it is no more than 25% gone.

Pricey but covers dark circles well.Smooth, non-drying and not cakey, but didn't do much to my pigmentation problem,though it's product information says it cover spots and freckles.

I tube last a long time,even though I use it everyday. Might purchase this again, but after I try out one other cheaper,highly raves about concealer,and if that doesn't work. :)

The best concealer I have tried. My eyes are very dry with some wrinkles which every other concealer I have tried has called attention to this. Not this one. It doesn't cake, covers well, blends easily, and seems to smooth out the eye. Worth every penny. I also bought their highlighter ( also mega bucks) which works great over the concealer. It doesn't cake either. I'm hooked!

This product goes on smoothly, coverage is great - and I have very dark circles - lasts the day, and does not cake/crease. What more can you ask for?

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Beige surfboard wax!Save your receipt so that you can return it. The price is NOT justified.Oily skin? Stay away from this. The ONLY thing about it I liked was that the medium color was a pretty good match for my skin...but thats it....

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I adore this concealer. The texture is like butter, it goes on flawlessly; I just touch up a few key areas with this, dust with i.d. Mineral Veil, and my skin looks fantastic.

Top Rated Cle de Peau Products