February 27, 2015 | 1243 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2006 8:53:00 PM More reviews by cocochanelny

My holy grail for concealer!

It's quite expensive at $68 plus tax but it is so worth it!

I have been using Laura Mercier's concealer duo and was very pleased with it. However, I have noticed that LM concealer gives off a dried up appearance on my undereye.

Cle de Peau concealer (I got the Ocher) is way much better for me. It blends easily. It applied very very smoothly. It does not cake or chalks off.

Love it!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2006 3:12:00 AM More reviews by msjene

Oh CDP concealer, how I love you!!! At $68 this concealer delivers...so you don't feel so bad dropping so much cash! I have medium yellow undertoned skin and Ochre is the best match for me. One little stick lasts over 6 months (I use it everyday). It covers my spots and blemishes nicely with or without foundation. It blends and melts into your skin so it doesn't look like you have concealer on! I don't use a brush on dot directly on skin, but pick up a little dab with my finger tip and blend. I love concealer. It's my #1 must have beauty item (mascara is #2). I've tried them ALL...and this is my absolute favorite for the face. I also like to use a little dab of Estee Lauder's Ideal Light concealer under my eyes, over the CDP for extra luminosity in that area. I've gone through about 5 sticks, which is unheard of for me. Must have.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2006 3:25:00 AM More reviews by kuponut

I've been using Cle de Peau's concealer for a year or two, and I really love it. I mention it to friends whenever they complain about dark circles, and though they all flinch at the cost, everyone's amazed when they try it on. Like most CDP products, it feels nice on the skin. Goes on smoothly, but I do recommend moisturizing the under-eye area before putting on the concealer. I don't use it every day, but my stick has lasted nearly 2 years.

edit: I should mention that this is pretty heavy compared to other other concealers I've tried. It's great for photos, but sometimes I prefer lighter coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2006 7:39:00 PM More reviews by aieshxgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Looking at the price and the fact that its another, more expensive line from Shisheido, I was pretty skeptical trying this out. Finally I decided to splurge a little on myself since the shadows and fine lines near my eyes were getting worse. I love this product. Its the best concealer I've tried and I am a total makeup junkie. My eye area is sensitive and dry so at night I have to pack on the moisturizer, eye oil AND vaseline sometimes. I would however, use a good undereye cream underneath this so it goes on smoother. Although the price makes me wince, I know I will be going back to buy another one after I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2006 6:51:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Am I a lemming? Like everybody else I love this concealer. I used to use Becca's concealer and while I liked the color range very much there was something about the texture that was not perfect. I think maybe it was too pigmented for me... Enter Cle de Peau. Not too creamy, or too dry. Just the right amount of pigment. I swipe this on the back of my hand to warm it then use a brush to apply around my eyes and on red spots. I don't need foundation because between this and powder (Laura Mercier) my skin looks perfect while looking like skin. It actually dries to a very nice finish so it doesn't need powder but I use the Laura Mercier secret powder on it around my eyes and it really gives me a fantastic, great night's sleep look... I think this concealer will last a really long time so it's actually not such a bad deal...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2006 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Anna_Copa_Cabana

This is the best undereye concealer that I have tried. And I have tried many. It doesn't crease, it stays put, and the finish is very believable. I swipe it on directly from the stick, then pat pat pat it into place. It's not wet enough to smooth it on like a cream concealer; you really do need to pat and warm it with your fingers. Or at least I do. My only complaint is that I can't use it anywhere else on my face because the result is horrible cyctic acne. It's a bummer, being otherwise perfect and all, but the undereye perfection (which is what it was made for) is enough to warrent a 5 from me. I use Ivory in the winter and switch to Ochre in the summer if I've gotten some color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2006 1:29:00 AM More reviews by keavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know why I haven't reviewed this product yet because I absolutely love this concealer ! The shade I have is Beige which for me is perfect (nc20-25 and sometimes nc30 during the summer) I've tried Ochre and Ivory but Beige suits me best. The coverage is great for under my eyes,and it doesn't crease-very little product needed. Also,it lasts a VERY long time,I'm still on my first tube which I bought last year (no joke) ! Although the price is a bit high,it's definately worth it because it's high quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2006 2:11:00 AM More reviews by daydreamer3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I put off buying this concealer for quite a while because I thought that it would be too drying for my eye area. The other reason, of course, is the staggering price. But my dark circles had gone from bad to worse (due to an extremely stressful move from NY to LA over the summer), and I was getting desperate. After trying it out at a Paul Labreque hair salon in NYC, I fell in love with it immedately. I was so surprised at how creamy and natural it looked. It isn't at all drying around my eye area, although I do recommend using a lot of eye cream before applying (Laura Mercier's Eyedration is really good!). My dark circles are pretty bad, so unfortunately I do need to use a lot of product to cover them. But it looks completely natural and never creases (a true miracle!). I have light olive, FFF skin, and I use Beige. The SA matched me up with it instantly and sure enough, it was a perfect match! I could not be happier with this product. The price however, (which is now $70 plus tax!) is really hard to get over. But it's well worth it IMO, because it evens out my skin so well by itself, that I don't even need foundation anymore. This is my HG staple for sure! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2006 2:41:00 AM More reviews by aebernero23

I love this product. I would give it 5 lippies if it weren't for the fact that it can be somewhat drying. I've found that over time it dries up the skin underneath my eyes. So, Ive had to resort to using two different concealers. Other than that, it's phenomenal!!! Covers well, and does not break me out. It is very expensive, but last quite awhile. It's a makeup staple for me. EDIT: Took a lippie of because I stopped using this. It just got to be too drying, despite the fact that I was using the Cle de Peau eye cream. I had to move on. Not too dissapointed as this did cost an arm and leg.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2006 2:56:00 AM More reviews by miasam17

I was intrigued by this product with all the magazine hype. My biggest problem is my very dark undereye circles (hereditary). Although cinema secrets is also a good concealer, i got tired of using it. I used to go without an undereye cream, and after a long time of using cinema secrets, it can be drying. The pot is getting unhygienic too. And so i switched. The same problem, Cle de Peau can be drying to the skin around the eyes. The texture is silky and the color (i use Beige) looks natural, I can go on without the powder. But as I said, it can be drying. And so I apply an eye cream before putting on concealer. It doesn't completely cover but minimizes. I realized that maybe it's not the concealer anymore, but really just my bad undereyes! And so I bought a foundation, and use the concealer on top of it. I should have done this a long time ago. Anyway, I can say this is a nice concealer, but too much moisture can cause it to slide. Too many layers can emphasize fine lines. I found that applying pressure on my ring finger instead of light pats to get the concealer works better. Feels light on the skin. Not the best concealer, I am still on my search for a better one (I will try MUFE Lift Concealer next). But if I dont find it, I will repurchase.