December 18, 2014 | 1526 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 6:46:00 AM More reviews by elmatic

I absolutely love this product but you need to be quite diligent in using it. Initially I did not notice any difference when I was using it randomly but due to the price, decided to try it again and used it every night for a week. My skin just glowed and I had so many people comment on it! The smell however is incredibly off putting.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2010 6:23:00 AM More reviews by mayer2816

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not very impressed with this product. Bought it a month ago from in flight store for USD45/50 I forgot, I got a USD10 off coupon, so I took my chances. I use it for 2-3 weeks straight, every night before I go to bed, and I don't think I see any differences. It doesn't irritate my skin or makes it red, but it does nothing as far as I notice :( thought my face has been cleared for the last 3-4 months (except those annoying times of the month) but I don't think it happened because of the essence. When I bought this I've made a peace with the huge hole in my pocket, I've got to take my chances, either this was gonna work or not.. as long as it didn't make my face worse, I think I can deal with the regret.. I got half a bottle to go, I guess I can work it as a toner, but I'm quite positive I wouldn't be buying this again..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 4:51:00 AM More reviews by Felicityy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised this product works well on me. For the longest time I was skeptical about SKII and its miracle water which sounds nothing more than marketing gimmick. I'm glad I finally took a plunge and tried a sample of it. I have never looked back since!

For a start, I have got extremely sensitive and oily skin (oil up by 2 hours!) . Very prone to nasty blemishes as well. Am very glad that the product did not make my skin any more sensitive, yet it helps regulate my sebum level really well. On days when I have nasty acne attacks, it helps to soothe them down too.

Also, I wake up with a glow in my skin everyday after using this. A 150ml bottle usually lasts me a year, it's definitiely worth the hefty price it's tagged with.

My HG, and will definitely repurchase. I love my dewy complexion!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by mu5icbtch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased a sample of this just out of curiosity. Is is miracle water? No...but even so, I do quite like it.

First off, yes, it does smell. It doesn't smell nice, but I can't place my finger on what the smell actually is. However, it's not offensive in any way. I apply this after cleansing my face - put a few drops on my fingers, rub them together, and pat all over my face until it absorbs and sinks in. They say to use a cotton pad: don't do this! It absorbs much more product than your hands will absorb, so best to do it with your fingers/hands instead. I then apply my normal moisturizer and that's it.

Honestly, I haven't noticed a huge difference - after all, I only had a sample which lasted me about 2 weeks. But I am planning on purchasing a full sized bottle. I like that it makes my skin look more fresh as opposed to dull, and it seems to help with breakouts too! Makes any breakouts I have at the time go pretty quickly, and perhaps prevents them to an extent too. I only use it once every 3 or 4 days as it quickens the skin renewal and I don't want my skin being totally raw!

This is nothing miraculous, I can assure you of that. It's way too expensive aswell. But I think skincare is definately a thing to splurge on if you've found something that works well for you.

UPDATE:- I think this is breaking me out. Also my skin doesn't seem to be looking glowy or healthy anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by adlynnz

been using this since 2007 as a prep to get my face radiant for my wedding. and it works! pores became smaller and less noticeable and people have commented that i have a glowing complexion. only thing that did not happen was that it didn't make my oily face any less oilier but hey, if it gives me radiance, why not?
a little bit pricey, but it doesn't stop me from using it twice a day. results will be more noticeable then.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 8:45:00 AM More reviews by porcaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is one heavily marketed product, especially in Asia, where I live in. Marketed as the "miracle water" in Asia, I had my doubts about the efficacy of SKII and their products in the past (I simply thought of the brand as one which relies heavily on advertising and celebrity endorsements).

A while back, a friend gave me a 30ml bottle of the Essence. True, it has a weird smell but it goes away after a while. I used it sparingly initially (partly because I have rather dry and slightly sensitive skin on the cheek area) but was surprised to find my dry skin becoming more moisturised and my overall skin condition becoming clearer and more smooth (the advertising tagline "crystal-clear skin" is actually working in my case!) I don't normally get pimples, but any pimple that I had also went away faster. I was happy enough with the results (if used sparingly, a 30ml bottle can last about 3 weeks) to purchase the biggest-sized bottle.

It has been 2 months since I started using SKII (i also bought the facial treatment cleanser and the skin signature cream together with the full-sized bottle of essence), and I must say this is the best skincare line I have ever used albeit expensive (however, I am glad their products come in generous sizes so they do last for quite some time).

Even in the drying winter climate here in Shanghai (where i am at currently), my skin doesn't feel tight or develop dry flakes like in previous winters. I have tried applying it with just my hands initially, but I find that using cotton pads is much better as the essence gets absorbed better into the skin through the pads.

These are the 3 basic pitera items in the SK2 line, and the results thus far has convinced me to incorporate more of their stuff into my skincare routine soon :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 6:15:00 AM More reviews by bobbob616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got a little sample bottle in Hong Kong. Normal size is pricey but lasts for a long time. It has the same effect on my oily skin as MAC's Fix+ (which doesn't have that odd smell SKII has). Sometimes I don't even need to use moisturizer on top of this because it's hydrating and can control my oiliness.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by sballew

I am almost at the end of a big bottle. I don't think it is doing anything for me. Shame on Cate Blanchatt. What a waste of my hard earn money. I am totally disgusted by this product. And it stinks like crazy!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by lee1989

I have a love-hate relationship on this product,but more to hate. When i started using it was great and make my skin ph well balanced and eventually less oily and the dry part are well moisturized. However after used for 2 bottles i stopped using it coz my face are getting well and its was very expensive. After a few couples of days my face turned red and growth lots of pimples and eventually i had to consult a specialist, the doctor said that my face was too dependable on this product and if i stoped using it will caused lots of problems,so i have to continiue to used in order to mantain the smooth skin before that,shit! It takes months to treat my problems. Recently i also have heard many complained about the side effect of this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by sezling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not much to hype about. Initially after consistent use I did notice my skin tone becoming more even however it is a long and drawn out process and now I doubt whether I'd repurchase just to even out my skin tone. I have experienced no adverse effects with this unlike cheaper toners..