November 27, 2014 | 1455 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by ninabegum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This has been my daily moisturiser for the past three years! I have dry sensitive skin and I get eczema breakouts every now and then, which was much worse when I was younger, but having tried so many different moisturisers, this was the only one that worked for me. I literally can't live without it.

I love the texture and the richness in moisture as it keeps my skin hydrated all day and it doesn't make my face greasy. It has a slight oatmeal-y smell to it but I don't mind it at all. I don't recommend this for oily skin but it is really good for moisturising dry skin. The price can vary depending on where you get it from but for a good moisturiser that is available at many drugstores, it comes at a reasonable price.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by MissMinneMouse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I will sum this product up in five words . . . EW - STICKY - GROSS - DON'T - BUY. Yeah, not the worst lotion ever, but if you're like me and hate sticky products, don't buy this because it's definitely one of them. If you want the pros, read other reviews.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

4.5 stars, really. Price varies because you can buy it in multiple sizes at multiple locations, with or without coupons or discounts or sales. So... take the "price" factor with a grain of salt. I have sensitive skin. I'm allergic to nickel (including rivets on jeans), have eczema or contact dermatitis (or both!), and occasionally get nasty reactions to bug bites.... not to mention your run-of-the-mill "random" rashes. Long story short, I had a nasty rash flare-up due to some soap which in turn flared up my nickel sensitivity and cause a huge huge huge disgusting rash to break out all over my torso. I had used Aveeno before in the past with good results (basically, I knew it was fragrance-free, had soothing colloidal oatmeal, and was good for sensitive skin and had a relatively quick dry-time), so I went to pick up a bottle of this very basic lotion. Very few ingredients, and yes, keeping my skin moisturized and supple with this light lotion had played something of a role in keeping my rash issues to a minimum. The dry time is relatively quick. It leaves a slightly tacky feeling, but nothing extreme and I can put on clothes over it without feeling anything more than "well moisturized." Overall, this definitely meets my specifications for a daily lotion and I will happily repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

My old favorite lotion - Palmer's Cocoa Butter - has been replaced by Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing Lotion!

I reviewed this once years ago and hated it. I don't know if I had a bad bottle or what, but the chemical unscented scent seemed to linger and I didn't feel that it moisturized that well.

I bought a new bottle recently and am completely in love!

Pros:
*Moisturizes for 24 hours as it says. Before with Palmer's or any other lotion my skin(in particular my feet) would be dry again before my next shower.
*Unscented so I don't have to think about whether I want to smell like flowers, fruit, or chocolate that day. lol
*Makes my skin look and feel healthy, soft, and smooth - like the skin on commercials and magazine ads.
*I have KP(little bumps) on my elbows and knees and this seems to get rid of them while most lotions seem to make it worse for some reason. (yay!)
*Doesn't irritate my skin.
*Isn't greasy or leave a slimy film if you have to rewet or wash the area you applied the lotion.
*Easy to find and affordable.

Cons:
*None for me, but I can understand not liking the initial 'tacky' or sticky feeling. I think that might have to do with the glycerin. But it absorbs into my skin within an hour or so and leaves it feeling smooth and moisturized until the next time I shower.

Will repurchase and I might want to try the tube so I can get all of the product out of the container. :-p

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by starberry237

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used aveeno for years and i swear by this product. It makes my skin a lot less itchy and dry. I relieves my skin when its red from scratching or allergies and softens it. I use this right after the shower when my skin is damp and after showering/shaving. It has a thick consistency but works really well. It has no scent to it but one of my friends think it has an unpleasant smell. Her problem but anyways i have used about 5 bottles of this. It lasts a long time as well. I also tried putting on this lotion the shaving my upper lip and it works really well and doesn't make my skin red.
Price: $9-15 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart or Walmart

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Opimac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for over 5 years and it has helped my eczema and really dry skin tremendously. It moisturizes without being oily or greasy. Very gentle for sensitive skin. Minimal ingredients. Dermatologist reccommended, fragrance free, non-comedogenic (won't clog pores) and once applied it moisturizes until I have a shower and remove it. The only con I would have about this product is it does have a slightly bad smell even though its said to be fragrance free.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by julietlondon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Brilliant body lotion. I've had dry skin with a tendency to eczema all my life. I've tried pretty well all the widely available lotions and creams and this is definitely my favourite. It is very calming, moisturising and effective. It does sit on my skin for a moment, but then soaks right in. Sure, it's not the cheapest, but when you have a tendency for allergies, you can't use cheapo products. Can't recommend Aveeno highly enough. (There's also another one, in blue packaging, I think it has menthol, and that's great too.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

great for my son's dry skin and I love that it has no scent. Don't love the price. Usually buy it on sale when cvs has bogo or at walmart.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I've tried this lotion on and off over the course of a few years (my brother uses it, since he has dry skin) and I still don't like it. It takes a long time to soak in and makes me FEEL like I have something thick on my skin instead of disappearing like I would want it to. I will say that the hydration from this lotion is fantastic, but if you have oily skin like I do, STAY AWAY. I only use this lotion occasionally during the winter and ONLY for very specific parts of my body like my elbow and what not. I can't imagine myself using it "daily" because it's just way too thick for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by cherryxcutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A moisturizer that actually does what it claims! Absorbs in to skin fast, doesn't leave any residue and relieves dry skin faster than any other moisturizer I've ever used.
I use this all over (excluding my face) after showering, I'm prone to dry patches but this keeps my skin so soft and smooth all year round. loves it :-)