July 28, 2014 | 2009 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

How stupid is this packaging?
I mean it ranks right up there with the Urban Decay Primer Potion bottle. Sure it's cute - but functional? No way. I wish it came in an airless pump.
I don't wanna think about how much product I can't get out of that stupid bottle.
Please MAC redesign the tube!!!!
Anyway...
I like this stuff. I love that it has no fragrance.
I like the high spf and that it helps my makeup stay put.
it has become a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Stepford

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used the SPF Prep and Prime for a couple of years now and I love it. I use it primarily for the SPF benefits, but find that the product is generally well suited to keeping my skin fresh and healthly looking throughout the day. Regarding the negative comments about the packaging, I have to agree that it's rather hard to extract all of the product out of the tube by squeezing alone. My tip is to cut off the end of the tube and scoop out the remaining product and decant it in another pot to keep fresh. You'll be amazed at how much additional product you have left when you think the tube is empty.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by zachariahskye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first MAC product i've brought and so far so good!
i never really got the whole primer crazy, i thought it was just another product with hardly any benefits to plaster on your face and waste money on. Although it doesn't make a huge difference (i.e it isn't going to make a crap fdtn look good) it makes your makeup look the same all day as when you first put it on! I is quite thick and you only need a reasonably small amount. For those who think it is a bit too heavy you should try putting it just in your t-zone and eyes. I think people are nit picking far too much about the packaging... it isn't hard to get the product out at all.. come on.. I find the packaging really lovely and easy! i've only had this for a week or so, i'll update soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Tiffany1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I finally caved in and bought this product a few weeks ago. I don't wear foundation everyday, but I do at least wear a tinted moisturizer daily (also from MAC). This primer seems to work well under both, and it really helps my foundation or my tinted moisturzer and blush/bronzer stay fresh-looking all day. I love the fact that it's not a silicone-based primer... the cream consistency is just right. The spf 50 is a huge plus for my fair skin... even though I feel like to use enough of it to get it's full SPF benefits would not be cost-effective. But, my tinted moisturizer has SPF 15, and I guess with that being my minimum SPF protection, it's good enough for winter. Overall, a great product, and I would definitely buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by holdenismine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after buying Prep+Prime face, and thought it would good to buy this as it has the SPF included. What I didn't realise was that this is a cream, and the other P+P is a lotion, so this felt really heavy on my skin, and made my skin look and feel quite greasy. Maybe it's ok if you use a small amount, and use a small amount (or none) of moisturiser, but I also don't like how it's in a tube, and the tube is really rigid, so it's tough to squeeze it too, even though there is still 50% left. I definitely won't be getting this again, and sticking to the original prep+prime face with an spf moisturiser instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 5:52:00 AM More reviews by hairdessert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

ok, so i have try out a lot of primers, included smashbox photo finish (whats all the hype?). my skin is combination on the greasy side.
i was looking for something with high spf, cause i use acids in my skincare. and this was why i wanted to try this. and the first impression was not good. looked like a heavy cream, not a primer, i thought i would end up greasy. but no, im all matte :OOOO
my mineralpowder sits like a stone..
it has oil absorbing properties AND is oil free, never have i been so matte for hours (although it can be a bit drying during our winters)
i think mac is quite cheap compare to other "expensive" brands.
a new favorite.
thank you for mac!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by adesisca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a combination skin, i work from 10am to 5pm, and whenever im done from work, my nose will be very shiny. I purchase this product and i apply it on my nose. it works like magic, didnt make my nose shine anymore! i think overall MAC is not that expensive compared to other department store brand! i will def repurchase it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by 2lilmonkees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OMG!!! i am oily, acne clog n sensitive. my skin is loving this. n mac face products break me out. been over a week n no probs. so matte all day in southern calif. barely ne touch-ups. skin fells so soft too. n the spf 50 is amazing seeing how NO sunscrees were doin it 4 me n my picky skin. THKS 4 the recs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i will be short. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!! cannot rave enough about it. matte, long lasting, high spf, though i have to use moistourizer berfore applying it as my skin is very dry. but nothing can stop repurchasing it:)))

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a primer with very high SPF in it. This is not a weightless primer and I can feel it on my face. I would've liked it more if it is slightly lighter on the skin. It does what it's supposed to to which is to hold foundation and to give sun protection. My foundation does stay on all day with this primer (it would usually disappear in the middle of the day) but as I said before, it does not really make my face matte. I also noticed that it doesnt really give my skin that really smooth feeling (silicone).

My skin feels slightly oily to the touch with this primer on my face. Perhaps this is due to the SPF. Despite this con, I still like this very much as it holds my foundation in place. I would still need to blot oil or apply blot powder in the middle of the day though.

The packaging is continent and I do like how it does not have shimmer in it like the MAC prep and Prime. If we add shimmer to the already thick primer, it would result in disaster.

Overall a good two in one product that protects you from sun damage while holding your foundation in place. I may or may not purchase another one depending on whether I can find a SPF primer that feels light on the face.