December 19, 2014 | 1573 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by skinjazz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin was SEVERELY damaged by a laser treatment. Since then, not only does it look bad (pigmentation, roughness, veins),but it is also so sensitive that most things I try make it burn and itch,especially sunblocks.I have been trying to use physical blockers, like titanium and zinc, but they only make my skin look even more wierd. Enter Mac Prep and Prime.This product does not cause any reactions, it protects my skin with a whopping amount of zinc,and it makes my makeup apply better and last longer. After hours of wearing this today,I took a deep breath and looked in the mirror,and it looked as if I had just applied makeup,only makeup usually does not look so smooth on my skin. What can I say? Will update,but so far, this product has performed miracles for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by gaelcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Holy grail product! I have super oily skin, especially in summer. For years, I've struggled to find a sunscreen that provides enough SFP without feeling heavy, gross and making me even oilier. This is it! It has one of the most effective physical barrier suncreens (zinc oxide) at a concentration that actually works. I prefer a physical barrier as it is gentler and doesn't degrade with exposure to sun. I apply this primer after my vitamin C serum, let it set while I dry my hair and then use a light dusting of power foundation on top. It really provides a smooth base, controls oil and protects my skin. After a summer of using this, most of my freckles and hyper-pigmentation are gone --proof of the SPF. And it doesn't break me out. The price seems a bit high but a bottle lasts for six months. When the bottle seems empty, I cut the end off to get at the rest of the product. There's a ton left. Easily enough for two weeks. Just keep the cut bottle in a zip lock bag. Packaging could be improved so you don't have to do this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

The packaging and the quantity you get suck but this stuff is great. I have really oily skin and use only powder foundations. This stuff creates a great blank canvas for powder foundations to cling to. And you can't beat the SPF. I look at it like it's a 2-in-1 product so I don't mind paying the price which is pretty high but comparable to other high-end primers. I layer it over a thin film of Acne.org's BP cream and so far my skin has remained clear and looks freshly made up all day without any touch ups. MAC got this one right.

UPDATE: Well the honeymoon lasted about two weeks with this product. I began getting whiteheads on my chin and around my nose. I think maybe this stuff isn't breathable enough. I will go back to Smashbox Photofinish Lite and try this again next summer when the SPF will really be handy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by lillygirl7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First off this is very expensive for the amount of product you get. The tube is really small and sucks. I think that I waist a lot at the end because I can't get all the product out. That being said I LOVE this product and will pay the price because it's worth it. I have gone through 2 tubes so far. I have tried not using this and I just don't get the staying power and my pores show. This is a great product because it's 2in1 with the high spf. I just wish that it was bigger for the price. I for the first time in my life can wear products on my skin with a sheen or shimmer to look dewy/glowy because the prep n prime smooths out my skin and the shimmer doesn't settle into my pores. I am very acne prone and I have not a problem at all with this product. In fact this is the first spf product for my face that I haven't had a problem with. I will def repurchase for as long as they make this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

How stupid is this packaging?
I mean it ranks right up there with the Urban Decay Primer Potion bottle. Sure it's cute - but functional? No way. I wish it came in an airless pump.
I don't wanna think about how much product I can't get out of that stupid bottle.
Please MAC redesign the tube!!!!
Anyway...
I like this stuff. I love that it has no fragrance.
I like the high spf and that it helps my makeup stay put.
it has become a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Stepford

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used the SPF Prep and Prime for a couple of years now and I love it. I use it primarily for the SPF benefits, but find that the product is generally well suited to keeping my skin fresh and healthly looking throughout the day. Regarding the negative comments about the packaging, I have to agree that it's rather hard to extract all of the product out of the tube by squeezing alone. My tip is to cut off the end of the tube and scoop out the remaining product and decant it in another pot to keep fresh. You'll be amazed at how much additional product you have left when you think the tube is empty.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by zachariahskye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first MAC product i've brought and so far so good!
i never really got the whole primer crazy, i thought it was just another product with hardly any benefits to plaster on your face and waste money on. Although it doesn't make a huge difference (i.e it isn't going to make a crap fdtn look good) it makes your makeup look the same all day as when you first put it on! I is quite thick and you only need a reasonably small amount. For those who think it is a bit too heavy you should try putting it just in your t-zone and eyes. I think people are nit picking far too much about the packaging... it isn't hard to get the product out at all.. come on.. I find the packaging really lovely and easy! i've only had this for a week or so, i'll update soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Tiffany1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I finally caved in and bought this product a few weeks ago. I don't wear foundation everyday, but I do at least wear a tinted moisturizer daily (also from MAC). This primer seems to work well under both, and it really helps my foundation or my tinted moisturzer and blush/bronzer stay fresh-looking all day. I love the fact that it's not a silicone-based primer... the cream consistency is just right. The spf 50 is a huge plus for my fair skin... even though I feel like to use enough of it to get it's full SPF benefits would not be cost-effective. But, my tinted moisturizer has SPF 15, and I guess with that being my minimum SPF protection, it's good enough for winter. Overall, a great product, and I would definitely buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by holdenismine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after buying Prep+Prime face, and thought it would good to buy this as it has the SPF included. What I didn't realise was that this is a cream, and the other P+P is a lotion, so this felt really heavy on my skin, and made my skin look and feel quite greasy. Maybe it's ok if you use a small amount, and use a small amount (or none) of moisturiser, but I also don't like how it's in a tube, and the tube is really rigid, so it's tough to squeeze it too, even though there is still 50% left. I definitely won't be getting this again, and sticking to the original prep+prime face with an spf moisturiser instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 5:52:00 AM More reviews by hairdessert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

ok, so i have try out a lot of primers, included smashbox photo finish (whats all the hype?). my skin is combination on the greasy side.
i was looking for something with high spf, cause i use acids in my skincare. and this was why i wanted to try this. and the first impression was not good. looked like a heavy cream, not a primer, i thought i would end up greasy. but no, im all matte :OOOO
my mineralpowder sits like a stone..
it has oil absorbing properties AND is oil free, never have i been so matte for hours (although it can be a bit drying during our winters)
i think mac is quite cheap compare to other "expensive" brands.
a new favorite.