October 21, 2014 | 1756 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - New Flat Top Brush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The brush was soft, dense, and applied makeup well, but after two years of sporadic use, both of my brushes have completely fallen apart. Lots of shedding, and one of the brushes had the entire bunch of bristles detach because the shedding made it too loose.
For $12 each, I suppose I got good use out of them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For $12 each, I suppose I got good use out of them.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by snottra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Much better for covering than the EM Long Handled Kabuki Brush. Much more stiff and dense. Cakey is not an issue, as long as you don't apply too much powder on the brush (which I, for the times when I happen to apply too much to the brush, apply on the cheeks, which are much more likely to NOT show the cakey that can appear from too much powder. The nose isn't as forgiving in that area. :P )

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by mehrunissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is amazing. I don't know how they do it for a mere $10 a pop! It gives the best application of minerals, whether foundation or blush. I prefer to use it for foundation, because I can be a bit heavy handed. Nevertheless, I can buff it out to a sheerer application with this brush without rubbing my face red. It's so soooofft! Like rubbing a kitten against your face, incredibly velvety and gentle. And it doesn't shed, even after washing. Best buy I have ever made.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 1:49:00 PM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best part of this brush is definitely its application. I don't use it exclusively for foundation, but I've discovered that it's REALLY good for applying (highly-pigmented) l blushes! I have a chronic fear of using blushes because I have a wicked tendency to over-apply. No fear with this brush! Other "blush brushes" are too narrow to get color "exactly" where I want it and it's even weirder to try and blend it out with them, but the head of this brush is small enough just to pop some color on my cheeks and then I can easily blend it out. Works great with bronzers for contouring as well. Truly multi-purpose; I would assume that this is what a stippling brush is like. But I don't think I'll need one of those now! I need to buy a backup...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 7:40:00 AM More reviews by AlasseM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been wearing mineral makeup from about 4 or 5 years ago so I'm not new to it. Before I bought this flat top brush, I was using a kabuki I bought online and now I can't remember where exactly but anyway, applying with my kabuki was all right. However, I can really see a huge difference when applying my minerals with this amazing flat top brush. This brush is amazing. I would never apply my minerals with another brush ever again. It's cheap if you get it in the super personal kit, it costs about USD$4. I will buy this again, definitely, like for back ups, travel and things like that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by camo4mamo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE this brush. I've never felt a brush this soft. it buffs out my mineral makeup well, and applies it evenly. It's AMAZING.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by MissWenWen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this brush everyday for awhile now. I love it. First, the bristles are so plush-almost like velvet, but so much better. I first used it for loose mineral makeup, but now I use it for liquid foundation, and it applies my foundation so smooth and even. It's better than using a stippling brush- I swear! Also, this is an eco-friendly product, because the brush handle is made with renewable bamboo. If you buy it in a kit, it's really inexpensive. Try it out, you will love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by vanessacolen

The best part of this brush is that the bristles are extremely soft- It's one of the softest brushes I've ever felt. Functionally, it's great and makes mineral makeup twice as easy to apply. Blends very well. It doesn't have any fallouts but takes longer to dry when cleaned. I would buy 5 more just to stock up. That's how good it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by audrn787

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best mineral foundation brush ever. Period. I got this in a swap, and i plan on obtaining another soon, in case EDM ever discontinues it (for what insane reason i can not fathom!). The price is good for such a good quality brush ($10 if bought separate, and even cheaper if bought in a kit). The bristles are the softest i have ever felt, and washing it does not change the texture. I believe the bristes are synthetic, but i've never felt a synthetic brush so soft. I think b/c they are synthetic, is the reason that the brush comes so clean so quickly when i wash it (i use baby wash). I have not had ONE bristle shed yet. The handle is the perfect length and thickness, and the bamboo handle makes it look pretty too! WAYYY better than ANY Bare Escentuals brush out there (i am a recent convert over to EDM). I cannot say enough good things about this brush!