Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 12/5/2010 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I find that this lip balm is considerably thinner than the original. It also provides a red tint and that can be good or bad depending on whether or not you like it. It is glossier than the original. It is less moisturizing. Over all it is not that bad, but it comes off easily and doesn't sink in as well.

on 11/30/2010 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My go-to lip balm. I love Burt's Bees lip balms, and this flavor in particular. I find I reapply less often - this stuff actually stays with you and works.

on 11/29/2010 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I had this a couple of years ago, and I don't think it did anything besides make my lips redder and oilier. You could use it as a lip tint, but it doesn't perform as a balm.

on 11/29/2010 12:23:00 AM

I love love love this lip balm. The smell is okay - personally, I love it - the scent isn't strong or overpowering. You barely notice it after you put it on.
PROS:
It locks in moisture and keeps lips smooth and lush. (I put it on in the morning and before I go to bed... now in the winter I use it a lot more.)
It gives your lips a pinkish red tint which is wonderful because my lips are a few shades pinker and lighter so it gives me the sought-after "just bitten" look. (I don't wear lipstick, hate the stickiness of gloss and I have yet to try lipstain - so this is the best there is for me.)
It makes your lips look amazingly plump and sexy I love it.
Natural ingredients (you eventually eat what you put on your lips, so no need to worry about swallowing something unhealthy) plus, the ingredients aren't like regular chapsticks that hydrate while its on and leave lips drier than ever if its not.
CONS:
The pinkish red color you may not like - the color on the cap is accurate. The tint is sheer, so keep that in mind.
...
Nothing else to complain about, really - I love Burt's Bees and this is the best chapstick EVER. :)

on 11/28/2010 1:57:00 AM

Oh my god. this stuff smells AMAZING. i love the smell of fruity/ citrusy products so i might be a bit biased there. made my lips so smooth and i get flaking on my lips far less now i have to say it was worth the $7 AUS

on 11/26/2010 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

i have burts bees lipbalm in pome,honey,and beeswax..i found that pome have the most artificial scent that kinda bothering me...and pome is the less moisturizing balm..it have nice glossy finish..and i love the red tint in it..but they washed off easily..

i prefer beeswax one

on 11/24/2010 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Pros:
- I love the color. It gives a nice rosy tint to my lips.
- It isn't thick and waxy like the other balms.
- OHMYGOSH I LOVE THE PACKAGING. :D Sorry, but I like it.

Cons:
- It doesn't hydrate. It doesn't really nourish. It doesn't soothe. So no, it didn't really do what it was supposed to do.
- If I put on more than two coats, then it starts to irritate my mouth. And the skin around it.

Overall:
- I'll use it sparingly until it runs out. It's more a lip tint than a lip balm.

on 11/23/2010 4:20:00 PM

Love this for daily chapstick use. The red tint is a bonus and big selling point for me b/c I don't wear lipstick. Another big selling point is natural ingredients since the stuff sits on your lips, so you essentially eat it.

on 11/21/2010 1:42:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this lip balm, it's just amazing! it moisturizes my lips and makes them feel soft, it also has a nice red tint to it I mean it's very natural and my lips just look and feel great with this product, I have been using it for 2 years and I will keep repurchasing!

on 11/20/2010 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product, It moisturizes your lips perfectly ,making them plump and giving them a nice shot of tint, like you just bit them.
This product does not dry your lips out more when you stop using it, like most balms do, so you need to apply only when lips are dry and about 1-2 a week. I do it overnight and my lips stay perfectly supple. And I live in some cold weather too, I have had the same tube for about 2 years, lasts forever!

Popular Lip Treatments