Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 12/24/2010 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Pomegranates are tasty but I never did like the smell of them so I don't know what possessed me to buy this. It didn't make any miracles but works okay on my lips and the red tint isn't that special but it doesn't have to be. I'd buy this again but I really can't get past the smell.

on 12/23/2010 7:17:00 PM

I really love this lip balm, but am torn, because it has no SPF!

~The hint of pink colour evened out my lips and made them look very natural.
~Was not greasy or sticky, lasting moisture
~I love it, my only wish is that I WISH IT HAD SPF!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

An excellent lip moisturizer. I did blow my hairdryer on this for 20-30 sec ONCE in order to make it apply smoother and ever since then, its been my HG lip balm. If you love the scent of pomegranates and all-natural products, give this a try. I'm certainly glad I did!

on 12/9/2010 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is okay-- I usually use stronger formulas like the original BB or Carmex bc I live in a place with brutal winters. I use chapstick for the sole purpose of keeping my lips hydrated so I never have dry or cracked lips, so I apply this intermittenly between the stronger chapsticks. I can't attest to how it remedies dry and cracked lips bc I avoid that at all costs, but it's a nice change from the other more medicinal scents. This product is paraban free. It does apply smoother and glossier than BB original formula. I don't particularly care for the scent but it's not bad smelling. This is just middle of the road for me, serves its purpose but by no means blows me away.

on 12/5/2010 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I find that this lip balm is considerably thinner than the original. It also provides a red tint and that can be good or bad depending on whether or not you like it. It is glossier than the original. It is less moisturizing. Over all it is not that bad, but it comes off easily and doesn't sink in as well.

on 11/30/2010 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My go-to lip balm. I love Burt's Bees lip balms, and this flavor in particular. I find I reapply less often - this stuff actually stays with you and works.

on 11/29/2010 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I had this a couple of years ago, and I don't think it did anything besides make my lips redder and oilier. You could use it as a lip tint, but it doesn't perform as a balm.

on 11/29/2010 12:23:00 AM

I love love love this lip balm. The smell is okay - personally, I love it - the scent isn't strong or overpowering. You barely notice it after you put it on.
PROS:
It locks in moisture and keeps lips smooth and lush. (I put it on in the morning and before I go to bed... now in the winter I use it a lot more.)
It gives your lips a pinkish red tint which is wonderful because my lips are a few shades pinker and lighter so it gives me the sought-after "just bitten" look. (I don't wear lipstick, hate the stickiness of gloss and I have yet to try lipstain - so this is the best there is for me.)
It makes your lips look amazingly plump and sexy I love it.
Natural ingredients (you eventually eat what you put on your lips, so no need to worry about swallowing something unhealthy) plus, the ingredients aren't like regular chapsticks that hydrate while its on and leave lips drier than ever if its not.
CONS:
The pinkish red color you may not like - the color on the cap is accurate. The tint is sheer, so keep that in mind.
...
Nothing else to complain about, really - I love Burt's Bees and this is the best chapstick EVER. :)

on 11/28/2010 1:57:00 AM

Oh my god. this stuff smells AMAZING. i love the smell of fruity/ citrusy products so i might be a bit biased there. made my lips so smooth and i get flaking on my lips far less now i have to say it was worth the $7 AUS

on 11/26/2010 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

i have burts bees lipbalm in pome,honey,and beeswax..i found that pome have the most artificial scent that kinda bothering me...and pome is the less moisturizing balm..it have nice glossy finish..and i love the red tint in it..but they washed off easily..

i prefer beeswax one