November 28, 2014 | 1403 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by skyh1gh

I liked it a lot!!!!!
It was really moisturizing and I like natural fruit oil/scents

I won't buy this again because I realized that its making my lips dark!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The color in this is too red, on me. I don't care for it. Otherwise it's a decent lip balm, so if you are okay with having a reddish tint on you lips, you might like this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Typically I don't like Burt's Bees lip balms because of all the comedogenic oils tend to make the skin around my mouth break out more, but this is the one I make an exception for because it's that great. I love the color it gives my lips, light, natural, healthy pink tone that is hard to achieve with normal glosses and lipsticks. It does moisturize effectively, but mostly i love the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by emmycantbemeeko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my all-time favorite lip balm.

Pros: moisturizing without being greasy, subtle hint of color, pleasant taste/smell, practical packaging (no, it isn't the prettiest, but a twist-up tube is small, portable, reliable, and a convenient way to get all the product out), reasonable price.

Cons: No SPF, color may not be suitable for everyone.

Personally, I find the color one of the biggest selling points- in addition to leaving my lips smooth, they look brighter and richer in color, without a "lipstick" look or a super-glossy finish- just smooth and soft- natural, but enhanced. But, I have fairly red lips to begin with. I can imagine that for someone with naturally pinker or browner lips, the berry/burgundy shade might be too much. The product is quite close to the color of the cap, although sheer, so if that shade is near to your natural color, it will be a flattering look.

Overall, I recommend this product highly! Very moisturizing, absorbs well, no greasy or waxy feel, and a subtle wash of color, all in a reliable package for a reasonable price. Perfection!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by bsdxo

this lip balm is great! moisturizes very well and adds a hint of color. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by guyinds

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Two words about this balm. LUV IT. Been using regular Burts for a while. I think this is my new standard. Moisturizes really well, tastes fine, and is a good base for my lipstick. Good product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 10:18:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite balm out of the Burt's Bees Balm collection!! I started off loving the Honey balm but found it didn't quite give me the moisture my dry lips were lacking. I absolutely loooooove pomegranates and pomegranate oil so I jumped at the chance to try this one. It's my go to balm for every season! I use it alone and it adds a hint of red to my lips..it looks like my lips only better! It smooths them out like satin and is fantastic as a base for my lip glosses/ lipsticks as well. The taste is sweet but not too potent so it's perfect for my allergic sensitivities. I love this balm! It's reasonably priced, contains no parabens and all natural ingredients that Burt's Bees is known for. Highly recommended!

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by bh10012010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great lip balm! It lasts forever, moisturizes well, and adds a bit of color to your lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by roseb202

This gives a hint of subtle red color to my lips and sinks in very fast. It makes my lips smooth without leaving a layer of "gunk" on top. It also doesn't come peeling off in lots of white slimy gumps on the inner portions and outer corners of my lips, which I *really* appreciate because other lip balms I've tried in the past tend to do that. However, I find that I have to keep re-applying more often than using my other lip balm. When I use it at night, in the morning my lips are plump and smooth, but not as "hydrated" as when I use my other lip balm which is majorly based on coconut oil. I really like that it's natural without a bunch of toxic chemicals, and I like the antioxidant pomegranate oil in it, so I think I may re-purchase. During the day, I wear it underneath my Lip Trip SPF balm, because it's not moisturizing enough on its own, at least for my lips, but that makes it perfect for layering underneath a SPF lip balm especially a chemical sunscreen SPF which may cause oxidizing damage to skin cells if just worn alone by itself. The reason I don't think I'll purchase again is that I have to keep on applying it and after a few hours or so, my lips seem to get dry and sort of crackly again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First, I LOVE the regular Burt's Bees lip balm. I love just about anything minty, anything with that beeswax to it does well on my lips. I understand that this balm is a similar formula, but doesn't have the minty, and instead has pomegranate. I didn't like the weird orangey-red color this gave my lips. I kind of looked like one of those kids who drinks cherry kool-aid and doesn't wipe their mouth.
The flavor, too, is not good in my opinion. It is pomegranate-y, but isn't very pleasant. I think is smells/tastes fake. This also didn't have any of the tingly feeling that the original BB balm has. Price on this isn't bad and a tube would last you a while. I just don't care for this formula.