Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 10/15/2006 9:20:00 PM

Besides being a nice primer, this product alone makes your skin look better without foundation. I am not sure about the pores, but it definitely gets rid of redness and mattifies oily part of your face. A must-have item when you are for no-make-up-look.

on 10/6/2006 8:40:00 PM

personally this product works well for me--I don't have very greasy skin and not too many blemishes, so for days when I don't really need a lot of coverage (or don't have time to put on foundation) I put this on. It makes your face look "finished" but not makeup heavy like a lot of foundations do. Just your skin but better. The one bottle I have has lasted me forever--you don't need a lot--and I will definitely buy it again.

on 9/25/2006 6:59:00 PM

This is a great primer. It works well in place of moisturizer as a primer for minerals. A little goes a long way, so don't glop it on or it will never dry!

on 9/22/2006 2:12:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

When applied evenly, and with a light hand, this really does give my finished makeup an airbrushed quality. My only gripe is that it doesn't wear well under humid conditions; it seems to draw excess moisture to itself which, in turn, causes my carefully applied foundation to look like I have a thick coating of greasy spackle (with a billion beads of sweat clinging to it) all over my face.

on 9/16/2006 2:00:00 AM

I have been on the lookout for a primer that 'smooths' my face for foundation. Granted, I've only used this for a few times - and never used it again. The Present made my skin dry, adding flakiness where I applied it and concealer is gunky and obvious on it, even though I've already let it dry for 3min. For me, this just doesn't deliver its promise of 'airbrushed skin', nor does it 'prepare' my face for a smooth makeup application. It does quite the contrary for me, actually. A rating of 2 is the most I am willing to give to this Philosophy product.

on 8/30/2006 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this everyday under my bare escentuals foundation. it really "locks in" my treatment products and is a great base for my foundation. I notice that my foundation looks less spotty throughout the day and my skin is less oily, even though I have combination skin. It's part of my daily routine, and I love it.

This is a fairly good primer. I normally use Bare Escentuals skin rev er up er. This glides on nicely, and works well to keep your makeup on. It makes you skin look nice even if you dont wear foundation over it. My mineral foundation goes on nicely over this. My only complaint is the 2 minute setting time.

on 8/28/2006 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have combination skin, and use this under a powder foundation, or alone. It does keep the shinies in check for me when used as a primer. I love it, but I do wish it had some sunscreen protection. Edit:10/2006 I stopped using this for 3 weeks when I ran out. I finally bought a new tube, and I have to say, it does make a difference. I think my skin missed the protective barrier. My skin looks smoother when I am wearing it (with or without the foundation), and even FEELS smoother at the end of the day when I cleanse.

on 8/18/2006 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I use this as a foundation primer, as a mattifier over moisturizer and as a "clear foundation" on days where I don't want to wear m/u, but need to look a little better than my natural self. So...basically I end up using The Present everyday. It smells fresh and clean, like lavender, and goes on silky and smooth. It takes a minute or two to dry, and when it does it leaves a beautiful finish. Matte, poreless, smooth and soft. It basically leaves your skin like you wish it looked naturally. It helps to control shine all day, and will keep your m/u in place on the most humid of days.

on 8/16/2006 3:27:00 PM

This is my HG in primers. Works great for my combination skin. I love the smell as well. I have used LM and Smash Box Photofinish and I honestly think The Present beats the socks off of them! Makes my skin look awsome and keeps my mu looking fresh all day!