November 24, 2014 | 1828 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2006 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Soie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When applied evenly, and with a light hand, this really does give my finished makeup an airbrushed quality. My only gripe is that it doesn't wear well under humid conditions; it seems to draw excess moisture to itself which, in turn, causes my carefully applied foundation to look like I have a thick coating of greasy spackle (with a billion beads of sweat clinging to it) all over my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2006 2:00:00 AM More reviews by barsoap

I have been on the lookout for a primer that 'smooths' my face for foundation. Granted, I've only used this for a few times - and never used it again. The Present made my skin dry, adding flakiness where I applied it and concealer is gunky and obvious on it, even though I've already let it dry for 3min. For me, this just doesn't deliver its promise of 'airbrushed skin', nor does it 'prepare' my face for a smooth makeup application. It does quite the contrary for me, actually. A rating of 2 is the most I am willing to give to this Philosophy product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2006 11:49:00 AM More reviews by kbrand

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this everyday under my bare escentuals foundation. it really "locks in" my treatment products and is a great base for my foundation. I notice that my foundation looks less spotty throughout the day and my skin is less oily, even though I have combination skin. It's part of my daily routine, and I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2006 8:52:00 PM More reviews by lilmisspicky126

This is a fairly good primer. I normally use Bare Escentuals skin rev er up er. This glides on nicely, and works well to keep your makeup on. It makes you skin look nice even if you dont wear foundation over it. My mineral foundation goes on nicely over this. My only complaint is the 2 minute setting time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2006 1:32:00 PM More reviews by bebejacket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin, and use this under a powder foundation, or alone. It does keep the shinies in check for me when used as a primer. I love it, but I do wish it had some sunscreen protection. Edit:10/2006 I stopped using this for 3 weeks when I ran out. I finally bought a new tube, and I have to say, it does make a difference. I think my skin missed the protective barrier. My skin looks smoother when I am wearing it (with or without the foundation), and even FEELS smoother at the end of the day when I cleanse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2006 3:59:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this as a foundation primer, as a mattifier over moisturizer and as a "clear foundation" on days where I don't want to wear m/u, but need to look a little better than my natural self. So...basically I end up using The Present everyday. It smells fresh and clean, like lavender, and goes on silky and smooth. It takes a minute or two to dry, and when it does it leaves a beautiful finish. Matte, poreless, smooth and soft. It basically leaves your skin like you wish it looked naturally. It helps to control shine all day, and will keep your m/u in place on the most humid of days.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2006 3:27:00 PM More reviews by 4miracles

This is my HG in primers. Works great for my combination skin. I love the smell as well. I have used LM and Smash Box Photofinish and I honestly think The Present beats the socks off of them! Makes my skin look awsome and keeps my mu looking fresh all day!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2006 12:32:00 PM More reviews by tiramisu95

Had a sample of this from a Nordstrom's GWP and finally got a chance to try it. Tested it 3 days in a roll - used under foundation. It controls the oil very well, I noticed my skin didn't get as oily mid-afternoon. However, I didn't like the way it feels on my skin, it doesn't feel lightweight like gel, feels very heavy on even after I let it set for 2 minutes. However it did even my skin tone and look a bit more flawless. Foundation looks smooth on my cheeks but still a bit blotchy around the nose. Although my skin didn't get as oily mid-afternoon, the makeup beneath my nose looked even more blotchy than the morning. In addition, I usually don't break out, this made me a break out a little. Definitely not my HG primer, still searching for the perfect primer....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2006 8:12:00 AM More reviews by ZhenPuppy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in my 40's, and I love, love, love this product. I have rather large pores and this is my routine. After cleansing and moisturizing, I apply The Present Clear Powder, and the The Present Clear Makeup. I wait about 5 minutes and then use the The Supernatural Makeup. This is a MUST have for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2006 1:40:00 PM More reviews by annie_b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although I usually apply The Present over moisturizer, during the hot humid months I've been using this in lieu of daytime moisturizer altogether. After it's set, I finish with a little bit of the Supernatural mineral makeup and that keeps me going for the rest of the day. I do have to blot once or twice with blotting papers over the course of the day, but otherwise my skin looks good with this regimen and it doesn't bother my breakout-prone combination skin. This is a must-have for my "no-makeup" days.

Update: I started experimenting with this as a "clear foundation" alone over other moisturizer and it makes me look pale. Sadly, I've found that this is a great primer for mineral makeup but not for cream/liquid foundations, so I've taken my rating down a notch for the lack of versatility and the strange pallor it casts on my face. continued >>