December 22, 2014 | 1672 users online

Crème - BeneFit Cosmetics - Some Kind-A Gorgeous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by makeupismyvice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am kind of surprised at the negative reviews of this product, but after reading them I understand why.
First, tons of people are making the biggest mistake in makeup application. Never ever use a sponge!! it doesn't matter if the product come with it or it is your own. Sponges soak up 80% of products and harbor tons of bacteria. I understand that some people say the product gets used up fast, it is because they use sponges. Using a foundation brush is much better.
When using a foundation brush, this product goes on smoothly and is easily blended. It makes your skin look dewy and natural, like no makeup. . You don't use a lot of makeup because the brush does not soak up the makeup. 1 compact last me about 3 months, and I use it almost every day. The coverage is sheer. Not a product for ladies who want a little more coverage. Also, If you have super oily skin this may not be the product for you. But for normal, combination, or dry skin, it is awesome!

***UPDATE**
I just started using a stipling brush (MAC 187) and it works amazingly with this product. It doesn't use hardly any product and it make your skin look great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

I bought the little $10 kit from Sephora that came with this foundation and a few other goodies. I didn't have high hopes because when I swatched it, it seemed a bit greasy. However, lately, my skin has been a bit worse, and my mineral foundation wasn't covering up the red enough, so I decided to suck it up and use this. Well, it really worked. After my concealer, I used a damp sponge and just carefully dabbed this on. It actually dried to a nice finish that was almost powdery, but still dewy. I made sure to set it with translucent powder and swabbed on some clear gloss, then went out for my workout. It stayed on the entire time. I kept looking at the large mirror in front of us, and I still looked good, only a bit flushed, but not all red. I'm touching it now with clean hands, and it still feels nice, and it definitely looks nice. I will wear this again for the next week and see if it makes me break out. If it doesn't, I will actually buy the full size. The color seemed dark in the container, but it was sheer enough to match my NC30 or NC35 skin, yet covered my red quite well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this! My skin has been uber dry lately because of the cold weather and my normal mineral foundation just doesn't look right. This smooths out my complexion without any weight. As recommended by others, I set it with translucent powder. It really lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by cjmar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical to the fact they only have a "light" and "dark" shade, however I found the "light" blends in and matches my skin tone perfectly. It evens out my skin, without looking caked on. It also creates a perfect canvas for their Benetint or Posietint. I just wish this foundation had SPF, I don't see any of Benefit's face products containing SPF which makes me sad.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Tinkerchelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I was really expecting to hate this. For one, the reviews have been less then stellar. For two, I was sure it would be too dark for my NC15 winter skin. For three, my skin is pretty uneven and just generally tempermental so I usually need pretty full coverage. Or so I thought. As it turns out, I really, really, really like this stuff. I only have a mini of it that came in the Sephora BeneFit To go kit, but I just might be buying this full size. Why did I like it?

1. Didn't take much to even me out and therefore didn't even look like makeup. (Win!)
2. Mattified t-zone, didn't dry out everything else.
3. Actually shade adjusted, to my pleasant surprise.

I've only used it twice so far, so I won't say HG yet.... but if this keeps up, it's there. Who'da thunk it?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 8:29:00 AM More reviews by mu5icbtch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually really liked this foundation. I use the 'dark' shade for my tan yellow undertoned NC40-44 skin and it suits me well. Doesn't look heavy or thick or cakey...looks like skin basically, but provides pretty good coverage. It does get greasy on my combo skin throughout the day, but if I put it ontop of a powder I don't really get oily. It's expensive and you don't get a lot of product for your money but I think I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by MissChels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy trying new things, especially primers and foundations. Finding and experimenting with this was one of the best beauty moves I have made in a while. I have a hard time finding foundations that match my skin tone and when I tried this it blended perfectly and felt great. It is blendable and buildable. I can use it alone or I throw on a thin layer of mineral powder foundation on top of it. It is so light and doesn't make my face feel oily at all like a lot of other products. It stays throughout the day.
I love the packaging. It is so cute! This is my favorite BeneFit product.
I find it is easier to blend this with my fingers than with any kind of brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

I got this in the $10 mini collection at Sephora. It came in a cute little mini record package- no mirror or anything but I don't really mind. By the way- to the previous poster who asked- no, the 'side A' and 'side B' thing don't mean anything- it's just to make it seem like a record. I like the feel of the stuff, it's very sheer and light weight feeling but the coverage is actually pretty decent. It's not a product I'd expect to last the whole day- in fact, it's not part of my morning routine. What it is great for is for touch ups. I keep it in my purse (so convenient!) and apply a little as needed throughout the day, top it off with a little bit of silica based powder. The primer in it makes it go on very smoothly which is great when I'm all flustered, sweaty and on the run. It is however, pretty expensive. I will happily use it and the rest of my sampler (it was worth every penny) and when I'm done, I'll evaluate how much I missed the product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an interesting product. Its a primer mixed with color. It feels like cream foundation but has a light coverage like a tinted moisturizer. I have NC35-NC37 skintone (yellow olive beige) and when applied this is very light for me, but when I use a bronzer over it, my imperfections are gone, I would say this product provides a light to medium in coverage, and my skin looks dewey. I have overly oily skin, and It stayed on me majority of the day on my skin and I think its due to the primer (Feel So Good) in this product. This product has a tendency to ball up if the product dries before I blend it. While the concept is good, I like using my own primer, let that dry, and then use my foundation, this way, using two different products provide a seamless coverage without balling up.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 8:01:00 AM More reviews by alixnaiq

This is the first "proper" foundation I've ever used. I bought this a while ago, but have barely started using it because when I first tried it, I didn't like the way it emphasised all the dry places on my face, and found my Stila SPF 15 tinted moisturiser (which I usually use) more convenient. But recently I tried using this after moisturising my face beforehand (with Hazeline Snow) and letting the moisturiser sit a bit, and that seemed to be the secret that will allow me to use up this foundation. After moisturising, it worked quite well - gave me enough coverage, and the shade blends quite well into my skin tone (East Asian fair-medium). In fact, being a TM devotee, this foundation initially felt a bit too matte, and it took me a while to get used to that.

It feels very light, and sits nicely on my combination skin even after several hours. For some reason, despite my combination skin, I didn't have the problems with greasiness that other commenters have noted. But I haven't used this for many days in a row, so I'm not sure how well my skin would react to that. Packaging-wise, I agree with other commenters who found the sponge unsanitary - I wash mine every so often, and might change it soon.

I don't know if I will buy it again because it sells for SGD$60 here, and I'm planning to try MAC foundations, but if those other products don't work out I would definitely consider repurchasing this.