April 19, 2014 | 1870 users online

Crème - BeneFit Cosmetics - Some Kind-A Gorgeous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 8:01:00 AM More reviews by alixnaiq

This is the first "proper" foundation I've ever used. I bought this a while ago, but have barely started using it because when I first tried it, I didn't like the way it emphasised all the dry places on my face, and found my Stila SPF 15 tinted moisturiser (which I usually use) more convenient. But recently I tried using this after moisturising my face beforehand (with Hazeline Snow) and letting the moisturiser sit a bit, and that seemed to be the secret that will allow me to use up this foundation. After moisturising, it worked quite well - gave me enough coverage, and the shade blends quite well into my skin tone (East Asian fair-medium). In fact, being a TM devotee, this foundation initially felt a bit too matte, and it took me a while to get used to that.

It feels very light, and sits nicely on my combination skin even after several hours. For some reason, despite my combination skin, I didn't have the problems with greasiness that other commenters have noted. But I haven't used this for many days in a row, so I'm not sure how well my skin would react to that. Packaging-wise, I agree with other commenters who found the sponge unsanitary - I wash mine every so often, and might change it soon.

I don't know if I will buy it again because it sells for SGD$60 here, and I'm planning to try MAC foundations, but if those other products don't work out I would definitely consider repurchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2009 3:43:00 AM More reviews by shipinabottle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i liked that it didn't feel like i was wearing makeup, but it looked all orange-y on me!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2009 2:40:00 AM More reviews by athnamas

I loved this product about 3 months ago, and now going back to it, I don't really remember why I loved it so much.

Its sheer, so it doesn't quite cover as well as I would like. It is for girls (or boys) with relatively clear complexions.
It is also pretty oily, which didn't bother my skin too much, but the reason my sister threw it in my direction one day after she bought it is that she has oily skin, and it made her shiny all over.

The sponge gets pretty gross, but the mirror is a good size.

I used to really love the Benefit packaging, but maybe I've all of a sudden grown up or something, but I now find it a little childish and annoying that its so obviously marketed towards younger girls.

I said that I wouldn't buy this product again, but I'll re-assess after seeing how I feel in another 3 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by sharibyers

I bought this product because of the "foundation faker/one shade fits most/fake-it-don't-cake-it" hype. This product is definitely NOT for gals with oily skin - you will be greasy greasy greasy within a very short time! Sadly, it's going back :(

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by earlyonemorning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I brought this as part of a miniatures combo pack from sephora- the compact is a little more than an inch in diameter and doesn't have a mirror.

It's very sheer, and really is foundation-faker. I would recommend it for slight redness, but under another power foundation. It could probably be used in a fix if you don't have your foundation with you, unless you want to spend the time to build up the color that way. The creme goes on silky to a powder form, but it doesn't stay for very long. Good for touch-ups throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 More reviews by leslyevalentin

I truly love this product. It goes on very sheer and stays put all day. I wasn't one to wear foundation but if you need a natural look, this is truly the way to go.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finished using one of these and just kept it for the mirror. Thinking back, the sponge was very unsanitary to use with the compact. No wonder I broke out so many times!
It is quite creamy and has a light to medium coverage. The feeling that it leaves on my face is nice and smooth. Somehow the packaging and method of application deters me from buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Norlite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this a lot. I'm on my second compact now. It's sheer, which is what I was looking for, and the term Benefit uses, foundation faker, is accurate imo. Sheer coverage, silky smooth feel on the skin, good colour match on my face anyway. It was also recommended to me by a SA in Shoppers as a light coverage that wouldn't settle the fine lines of my 53 year old face, and it doesn't! I use a wedge to apply, and blend, blend blend. Gives me just the evening out of my skin tone I need, with the nice dewy, not shiny, finish I want.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2009 6:40:00 AM More reviews by boxingbunnie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First, I have to say that the packaging for this product is adorable!! I bought this foundation along with Boi-ing Concealer, and they work pretty well together. The coverage is quite sheer, so if you have a lot of blemishes or heavy dark circles, this might not work well for you, but I like the way this foundation feels so light on my skin, and it looks very natural, but it is a little too oily for the summer months. I have started using it again now that it's winter, and I love it! However, I won't be repurchasing because, like most BeneFit products, it's very expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Urgh! Another waste of money and another bit of make-up thrown in the ''old make-up box' that I don't want to throw away as it was expensive but prob won't use again. I do have oily skin but the lady at the BeneFit counter said it would be great. It's awful. Its really greasy and when you put it on your face it doesn't go on evenly, it has a really orange tinge to it and it doesn't stay on for five minutes before it's practically running off your face. Really dissapointed and a complete waste of money.