BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.1

on 1/24/2010 8:11:00 PM

I bought this product as part of the Benefits Bestsellers To Go set. I was pretty disappointed in this product. It is too thin and greasy to be a "foundation faker" or a concealer. I have fair skin and it is a bit too dark as a concealer. I wouldn't even bother to try it as a foundation alternative....it is too sheer.

I do not recommend this product, though the packaging was decent.

EDIT// changed it to 1/5 and would NOT buy again due to making me break out with cysts :(

I have a love-hate feeling about this product.
Pros: At the macy counter, the benefit lady helped me apply this and dang, it has GREAT coverage. I'm not sure if it is because she applied alot but it was really a flawless finish! Except on the inner cheeks by the nose, it seemed to be cakey. But for the rest of the face it was great. Many people also like the packaging as it reminds me of the 50's like the rest of their products. I love cream to powder foundations and this is the only one that I have tried on my face, so I might be biased when I say its really really smooth when applied.
Cons: the price. I first got a miniature version of it from one of Sephora's $10 deals (w/ their poisetint & that gal primer & highbeam). It was really tiny. But even when I ordered the full size ($28) the compact was much bigger, but it has a sponge underneath it so it is a really thin layer of foundation. Also there are only TWO shades for this foundation. Luckily I as a NW/NC20 was a match for the lighter shade. I dont think that anyone darker than a NC/NW25 should be getting the lighter one. However I think their dark shade is really dark...
Also, I'm not sure but I think this product might be breaking me out. I will have to update later.

Overall: Like the coverage, overall finish. Dont like the price/lack of product, possibly making me break out, and limited shades.

I am kind of surprised at the negative reviews of this product, but after reading them I understand why.
First, tons of people are making the biggest mistake in makeup application. Never ever use a sponge!! it doesn't matter if the product come with it or it is your own. Sponges soak up 80% of products and harbor tons of bacteria. I understand that some people say the product gets used up fast, it is because they use sponges. Using a foundation brush is much better.
When using a foundation brush, this product goes on smoothly and is easily blended. It makes your skin look dewy and natural, like no makeup. . You don't use a lot of makeup because the brush does not soak up the makeup. 1 compact last me about 3 months, and I use it almost every day. The coverage is sheer. Not a product for ladies who want a little more coverage. Also, If you have super oily skin this may not be the product for you. But for normal, combination, or dry skin, it is awesome!

***UPDATE**
I just started using a stipling brush (MAC 187) and it works amazingly with this product. It doesn't use hardly any product and it make your skin look great.

on 1/16/2010 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the little $10 kit from Sephora that came with this foundation and a few other goodies. I didn't have high hopes because when I swatched it, it seemed a bit greasy. However, lately, my skin has been a bit worse, and my mineral foundation wasn't covering up the red enough, so I decided to suck it up and use this. Well, it really worked. After my concealer, I used a damp sponge and just carefully dabbed this on. It actually dried to a nice finish that was almost powdery, but still dewy. I made sure to set it with translucent powder and swabbed on some clear gloss, then went out for my workout. It stayed on the entire time. I kept looking at the large mirror in front of us, and I still looked good, only a bit flushed, but not all red. I'm touching it now with clean hands, and it still feels nice, and it definitely looks nice. I will wear this again for the next week and see if it makes me break out. If it doesn't, I will actually buy the full size. The color seemed dark in the container, but it was sheer enough to match my NC30 or NC35 skin, yet covered my red quite well.

on 1/12/2010 12:37:00 AM

Love this! My skin has been uber dry lately because of the cold weather and my normal mineral foundation just doesn't look right. This smooths out my complexion without any weight. As recommended by others, I set it with translucent powder. It really lasts all day.

on 1/10/2010 1:58:00 PM

I was skeptical to the fact they only have a "light" and "dark" shade, however I found the "light" blends in and matches my skin tone perfectly. It evens out my skin, without looking caked on. It also creates a perfect canvas for their Benetint or Posietint. I just wish this foundation had SPF, I don't see any of Benefit's face products containing SPF which makes me sad.

Ok, so I was really expecting to hate this. For one, the reviews have been less then stellar. For two, I was sure it would be too dark for my NC15 winter skin. For three, my skin is pretty uneven and just generally tempermental so I usually need pretty full coverage. Or so I thought. As it turns out, I really, really, really like this stuff. I only have a mini of it that came in the Sephora BeneFit To go kit, but I just might be buying this full size. Why did I like it?

1. Didn't take much to even me out and therefore didn't even look like makeup. (Win!)
2. Mattified t-zone, didn't dry out everything else.
3. Actually shade adjusted, to my pleasant surprise.

I've only used it twice so far, so I won't say HG yet.... but if this keeps up, it's there. Who'da thunk it?

on 1/6/2010 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I actually really liked this foundation. I use the 'dark' shade for my tan yellow undertoned NC40-44 skin and it suits me well. Doesn't look heavy or thick or cakey...looks like skin basically, but provides pretty good coverage. It does get greasy on my combo skin throughout the day, but if I put it ontop of a powder I don't really get oily. It's expensive and you don't get a lot of product for your money but I think I'd repurchase.

on 1/6/2010 12:01:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really enjoy trying new things, especially primers and foundations. Finding and experimenting with this was one of the best beauty moves I have made in a while. I have a hard time finding foundations that match my skin tone and when I tried this it blended perfectly and felt great. It is blendable and buildable. I can use it alone or I throw on a thin layer of mineral powder foundation on top of it. It is so light and doesn't make my face feel oily at all like a lot of other products. It stays throughout the day.
I love the packaging. It is so cute! This is my favorite BeneFit product.
I find it is easier to blend this with my fingers than with any kind of brush.

on 12/30/2009 11:14:00 PM

I got this in the $10 mini collection at Sephora. It came in a cute little mini record package- no mirror or anything but I don't really mind. By the way- to the previous poster who asked- no, the 'side A' and 'side B' thing don't mean anything- it's just to make it seem like a record. I like the feel of the stuff, it's very sheer and light weight feeling but the coverage is actually pretty decent. It's not a product I'd expect to last the whole day- in fact, it's not part of my morning routine. What it is great for is for touch ups. I keep it in my purse (so convenient!) and apply a little as needed throughout the day, top it off with a little bit of silica based powder. The primer in it makes it go on very smoothly which is great when I'm all flustered, sweaty and on the run. It is however, pretty expensive. I will happily use it and the rest of my sampler (it was worth every penny) and when I'm done, I'll evaluate how much I missed the product.

Popular Crème Foundations