Chanel Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

3.7

on 12/25/2007 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very overrated. It dries out fast and doesn't hold a curl. It didn't do anything special for my lashes. It's a waste of your money, in my opinion.

on 12/24/2007 7:52:00 PM

This stuff does exactly what it says it will: volumize, lengthen, curl and separate. Plus, the color is super-rich and it doesn't smudge. The packaging is luxe and fabulous. A worthwhile splurge for mascara devotees...I'm a convert!

on 12/24/2007 1:22:00 AM

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. It is by far the best mascara I have ever used. It makes my short and sparse eyelashes look like I actually have long thick lashes. I will purchase this until they stop making it.

on 12/23/2007 11:28:00 AM

I received a sample tube of this through Neiman Marcus, and while I've never found an HG mascara, this may be the closest thing. Inimitable manages to thicken without clumping, holds curl decently, doesn't flake or look dry and pasty and doesn't smear. The wand has the short spiky silicone bristles that I am beginning to love. This type of wand seems to be the key to a mascara that doesn't clump. It is very similar to Cover Girl's Lash Blast (I was alternating between the two) but Chanel's has a thin handle instead of LB's clumsy oversize handle and the Inimitable has a slightly glossy finish.

The price, $27, is outrageous, but I am seriously considering buying a tube of this at the next beauty event.

on 12/18/2007 2:44:00 PM

This mascara is the only one I've ever liked. I have naturally long thick lashes, but like to just add some non-clumping color to them. Everything else I've used gave me spider-lashes. This is subtle and natural and I've had my tube for several months and it STILL doesn't clump. Love it!

on 12/15/2007 8:22:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I am using a sample of this mascara. Love this mascara. I have short lashes and this mascara gives some length, a bit of volume and clumps minimally (almost no clumps on a good application). It doesn't separate lashes very well however and it certainly doesn't curl. But it gives a good natural look for day time wear and is very easy and not messy to apply. Does not smudge during the day. Would happily buy a full sized product for wearing to work or during day outing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like the classy packaging and everything. But this mascara really held my curl down!

on 12/13/2007 8:24:00 PM

I got two samples of this with my recent saks.com beauty order so I thought I would give it a try. I don't think it is anything super, super amazing, but it's a decent enough, very natural looking mascara, which I like. The color is good and I did not have any problems with clumping - the biggest thing I care about. My natural lashes are long and thick, so I like to highlight them and don't like anything too drastic. With my new Saks purchase of the awesome Laura Mercier bleu marine liner (oh and the LM flatbrush too!) and tightlining technique I learned on MUA, I love the way it all looks together! I like this Chanel mascara a whole lot better than the Diorshow one I spent too much on at Sephora. The Diorshow clumps horribly on me and is just too overpowering. Would I spend full price to purchase the Chanel Inimitable mascara? Probably not. But as long as I keep buying beauty products things off saks online (I really need to stop!) and getting this Chanel one for free, I'll keep using it and am really happy with the results!

I was so excited to try this product, as I'm on the hunt for the perfect mascara, but it dissapointed me. It definitely didn't make as much of an impact as other $30 mascaras I have tried, and I'd even take Maybelline Great Lash over it. One good thing I can say is that I bought the waterproof formula and have worn it through an outdoor music festival in hot, humid Austin, Texas and while swimming and it never, ever budged. However, it went on more like a lash tint than a mascara. It's very similar to Lorac's publicity stunt mascara. No thickening power, very little lengthening power, but it did stay put and make my lashes pitch black.

on 12/7/2007 3:13:00 PM

This is the best mascara for short, fair lashes. It is not clumpy and adds length but is still natural enough (I previously used Clinique Naturally Glossy). Love it!