July 28, 2014 | 1021 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2007 11:28:00 AM More reviews by womanwarrior

I received a sample tube of this through Neiman Marcus, and while I've never found an HG mascara, this may be the closest thing. Inimitable manages to thicken without clumping, holds curl decently, doesn't flake or look dry and pasty and doesn't smear. The wand has the short spiky silicone bristles that I am beginning to love. This type of wand seems to be the key to a mascara that doesn't clump. It is very similar to Cover Girl's Lash Blast (I was alternating between the two) but Chanel's has a thin handle instead of LB's clumsy oversize handle and the Inimitable has a slightly glossy finish.

The price, $27, is outrageous, but I am seriously considering buying a tube of this at the next beauty event.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2007 2:44:00 PM More reviews by saraheel

This mascara is the only one I've ever liked. I have naturally long thick lashes, but like to just add some non-clumping color to them. Everything else I've used gave me spider-lashes. This is subtle and natural and I've had my tube for several months and it STILL doesn't clump. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2007 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Anixiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I am using a sample of this mascara. Love this mascara. I have short lashes and this mascara gives some length, a bit of volume and clumps minimally (almost no clumps on a good application). It doesn't separate lashes very well however and it certainly doesn't curl. But it gives a good natural look for day time wear and is very easy and not messy to apply. Does not smudge during the day. Would happily buy a full sized product for wearing to work or during day outing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2007 12:07:00 AM More reviews by mangopeachapple

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the classy packaging and everything. But this mascara really held my curl down!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2007 8:24:00 PM More reviews by calisummer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got two samples of this with my recent saks.com beauty order so I thought I would give it a try. I don't think it is anything super, super amazing, but it's a decent enough, very natural looking mascara, which I like. The color is good and I did not have any problems with clumping - the biggest thing I care about. My natural lashes are long and thick, so I like to highlight them and don't like anything too drastic. With my new Saks purchase of the awesome Laura Mercier bleu marine liner (oh and the LM flatbrush too!) and tightlining technique I learned on MUA, I love the way it all looks together! I like this Chanel mascara a whole lot better than the Diorshow one I spent too much on at Sephora. The Diorshow clumps horribly on me and is just too overpowering. Would I spend full price to purchase the Chanel Inimitable mascara? Probably not. But as long as I keep buying beauty products things off saks online (I really need to stop!) and getting this Chanel one for free, I'll keep using it and am really happy with the results!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2007 4:21:00 PM More reviews by TeriatClinique

I was so excited to try this product, as I'm on the hunt for the perfect mascara, but it dissapointed me. It definitely didn't make as much of an impact as other $30 mascaras I have tried, and I'd even take Maybelline Great Lash over it. One good thing I can say is that I bought the waterproof formula and have worn it through an outdoor music festival in hot, humid Austin, Texas and while swimming and it never, ever budged. However, it went on more like a lash tint than a mascara. It's very similar to Lorac's publicity stunt mascara. No thickening power, very little lengthening power, but it did stay put and make my lashes pitch black.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 3:13:00 PM More reviews by sbrb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best mascara for short, fair lashes. It is not clumpy and adds length but is still natural enough (I previously used Clinique Naturally Glossy). Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2007 2:04:00 PM More reviews by dissolved_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For the price, this is awful! I really did expect better things. It promises everything (volume, curl, length) and delivers nothing. The only mascara to completely kill my curl. This should be marketed as a natural-look mascara. I am hoping to get my money back.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2007 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

EDITED: will buy again , I have bought in the past two years YSL Faux Cils (clumps and takes forever to dry) L'Oreal Voluminous (meh) and came back to Chanel. Why ? Because leaves my lashes clean and nicely done. Lovely

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2007 5:49:00 PM More reviews by TVNewsLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Allure rated this as the top mascara for the year in their annual Best Of edition. I don't think it is as good as DiorShow by far, but I believe it is as good as Lancome Hypnose and Virtuose. It separates nicely with a great brush and lengthens fairly well, but I won't buy it again. I think I'm going to stick with DiorShow after doing a lot of "research" in this area.