Chanel Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

3.7

on 1/5/2008 10:35:00 AM

Inimitable? Possibly, but this mascara is awfully similar to Maybelline Define-A-Lash, only it is considerably more expensive and it flakes. I'm extremely disappointed. Save your money.

on 12/30/2007 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've seen lots of mixed feedback on this mascara so far, but for me, it looks like it's heading to be my personal HG. I think the mixed response is probably due to the fact that I really do think, despite what each different mascara claims to do out on the market right now, it all depends on your own natural lashes. And what your personal preference is, of course.

As for me, I have typically short Asian lashes. They don't point stick straight downwards like some, luckily, it's a mix of straight and slight curl, but because it's short, it's nothing outstanding. In terms of preference, I spent my teenage years wanting thickness, length, volume, everything, because that's was the epitome (still is) of lash/mascara cool. But now, I'm over the whole fake, outstandingly-thick lash look, and all for mascara that just enchances your natural lashes. After all, there are so many good quality false lashes out these days if you want that va-va-voom, catwalk set of lashes.

I've only used a sample of Inimitable so far, and we all know that sometimes samples differ from the full size product. But what I have been using has been pretty impressive so far. It's been almost 3 months, so time for it to go soon, but even now it's not clumpy and dry in the tube, on the brush, or most importantly, on my lashes. The brush is the best I've encountered in the recent break from your traditional bristles that every makeup company is going into. It's soft, perfectly spaced out, and easy to use. There's no gloopy messiness here; just a few clean strokes and my lashes look darker, fuller and softer, the epitome of sophistication that Chanel always embodies. And while I've never believed mascara will actually curl your lashes - leave that to the curler - Inimitable is the closest thing I've come to in terms of curl/lift. On a casual day, I don't even bother with a curler.

Being Chanel, of course it doesn't come cheap, and we all know mascara is an interesting product when it comes to price, given that you really should only use it for about 3 months. But I personally want full and soft lashes that look enhanced yet natural at the same time. I love how Inimitable spreads my lashes, not clump them; lengthens without dragging it out in little dry flakes at the ends; lasts without flaking all over the place (and we Asian girls always have trouble with smudging and flaking!)

If you believe in splurging for quality for your lashes, then I definitely recommend Chanel Inimitable Mascara.

on 12/28/2007 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Wayyy overrated! I hated this masacara. Thank God I only had a sample! It flaked on me within minutes and didn't add any length to my lashes.

on 12/25/2007 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very overrated. It dries out fast and doesn't hold a curl. It didn't do anything special for my lashes. It's a waste of your money, in my opinion.

on 12/24/2007 7:52:00 PM

This stuff does exactly what it says it will: volumize, lengthen, curl and separate. Plus, the color is super-rich and it doesn't smudge. The packaging is luxe and fabulous. A worthwhile splurge for mascara devotees...I'm a convert!

on 12/24/2007 1:22:00 AM

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. It is by far the best mascara I have ever used. It makes my short and sparse eyelashes look like I actually have long thick lashes. I will purchase this until they stop making it.

on 12/23/2007 11:28:00 AM

I received a sample tube of this through Neiman Marcus, and while I've never found an HG mascara, this may be the closest thing. Inimitable manages to thicken without clumping, holds curl decently, doesn't flake or look dry and pasty and doesn't smear. The wand has the short spiky silicone bristles that I am beginning to love. This type of wand seems to be the key to a mascara that doesn't clump. It is very similar to Cover Girl's Lash Blast (I was alternating between the two) but Chanel's has a thin handle instead of LB's clumsy oversize handle and the Inimitable has a slightly glossy finish.

The price, $27, is outrageous, but I am seriously considering buying a tube of this at the next beauty event.

on 12/18/2007 2:44:00 PM

This mascara is the only one I've ever liked. I have naturally long thick lashes, but like to just add some non-clumping color to them. Everything else I've used gave me spider-lashes. This is subtle and natural and I've had my tube for several months and it STILL doesn't clump. Love it!

on 12/15/2007 8:22:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I am using a sample of this mascara. Love this mascara. I have short lashes and this mascara gives some length, a bit of volume and clumps minimally (almost no clumps on a good application). It doesn't separate lashes very well however and it certainly doesn't curl. But it gives a good natural look for day time wear and is very easy and not messy to apply. Does not smudge during the day. Would happily buy a full sized product for wearing to work or during day outing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like the classy packaging and everything. But this mascara really held my curl down!

Popular Mascaras