September 18, 2014 | 1373 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 11:17:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

I used to be able to use Mitchum anti-perspirant every few days or so and everything was going great. However, after having my kids, I've been experiencing some 'not-so-confident' days. Even on some cooler days, I started getting a nasty whiff of my pits and it was starting to annoy me. My clothes started to smell a bit funky and get yellow stains, too... I searched around different blogs and came across this product.

Certain Dri Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Aluminum Chloride (12%) (Antiperspirant)

Inactive Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Water

You use it in the evenings and make sure you do NOT shave or pluck because it will sting and itch like nobody's business! I guess you apply at night because your pores are not as active and the ingredients goes to work to 'close off' your sweat glands...The liquid is unscented, clear and has the consistency of water!

It works, but it is too potent! I think there must be something really bad about this to work so well.... One day, I forgot to use it the night before as instructed and I applied it before leaving the house in the morning. Big mistake! It burned a hole in my blouse.... See, I told you it's bad stuff...

So far, I have tried---Arrid XX, Secret, Mitchum, Ban, Crystal Rock (deodorant), and Dove. I am gonna try the Clinical Strength Secret one, but it's kind of expensive. I think it's over $10...

Clinical Strength Secret Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex Gly (20%)

Inactive Ingredients: CyclopentaSiloxane, Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Peterolatum, Cyclodextrin, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Fragrance, PPG 14 Butyl Ether

There must something out there that works without burning a hole through my clothes or cause my pits to break out in welts. If it's out there, let me know...please email me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Arenal

The good news: it works.

The bad news: it's harsh on underarm skin, and can cause itching and redness.

If you use this, use very *sparingly* and no more than 3x/week.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2008 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Chlorine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't sweat a lot under my arms. I mean, I do sweat, but I think I sweat pretty moderately. But what the hell does that matter? I don't want to sweat any. If you don't sweat, you don't smell. That's the way I worked out that logic, anyway.

This stuff definitely knocked out my sweating. It was kind of bizarro to be out at a bar sweating like OJ under oath but perfectly dry beneath my arms. The logic of no smelling didn't quite hold up, though. I'm never smelly enough to smell it without serious investigation, but it's still there so I'm seeking the deodorant with the smell of my dreams.

But y'all, here's my darker secret. I have really bad forehead sweating issues. I guess I'm a nervous person or something. Anyway, it was always mucking up my bangs, even in cold weather, so, you know. I thought I'd try this on my forehead. I'll do anything for good bangs. It totally worked. My forehead hasn't sweat a drop since, and I haven't broken out like crazy or anything. Magic! Sweaty magic!

37 out of 37 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by prmami212

I have had a sweating problem since I was in Junior High... I would sweat whether it was hot and humid, okay weather or if it was freezing outside. I would sweat all the way down to my mid ribs and to prevent this from showing, I had to wear a black sweater otherwise everyone would know my problem and I HAD to wear the color black because I would sweat through. I randomly discovered this product and it has made my life so much better! I hardly ever sweat anymore unless I'm extremely hot. I could even skip a 3 days! I only gave it 4 lippies because if you use it too much, your skin will get dry and crack and after a while, i began to have a musky ordor so I stopped using it. But because of it, I can use ANY deordant without fear of excessive sweating. This product is a real life changer!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2008 2:42:00 AM More reviews by AmbiguousSage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sooooo glad I am one of the lucky ones. I may have felt a tingle hear or there but I can say I felt no unpleasant irritation at all. Woot! I was surprised to see that the liquid that came out of the roll on was literally a clear water like fluid. The thing I am excited about the most is being able to wear white button downs without having to worry about sweat marks and throwing out shirts that end up with deodorant build up on them after a while. I use it every other day and you do not have to worry about the effects washing off. I only just started using it, but i cannot wait till im at the point where I can use it only once a week. Awsome, and I never would have considered it if not for all you lovely ladies here at MUA. Thanks!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one wild product, and I don't know if I'm in love with it or scared to death of it. To its credit, it WILL stop your sweat. It will stop your sweat at any cost, in fact. This is the only antiperspirant I've ever seen that will do that- even on days with 100 degree heat and insane humidity.

The only reason I'm not giving Certain Dri the five lippies it probably deserves is that my chest broke out shortly after I started using the product. I can't say for certain, but I'm reasonably sure there's some correlation between this and that. If you've used this product and haven't seen that result, good for you and please ignore this review- I'm just putting it out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Stefanie98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Itís like Lip Venom for your armpits! You get used to the tingle, too, just like Lip Venom. Itís so strong, that when I take a shower and try to wash my Ďpits, they cannot get wet. Even after scrubbing they stay dry. Sounds scary, but when your BO gets noticeable when youíre at the office, youíll do just about anything to beat that stink down into submission. At least a deodorant this strong *exists*. Read the product info carefully, they say only apply at night and never apply after shaving. This stuff is no joke. And itís not even expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 8:14:00 AM More reviews by CurvyGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is a lifesaver!!! I never had a perspiration problem until after I had kids. I don't know if it's hormonal, but whatever was causing it, it was awful. Whether winter or summer, I always had huge wet spots on my shirts. When I was sweating through both a sweater and a suede jacket, I decided maybe I needed to see a doctor. Fortunately, I read the reviews here first, and gave this a try. I used it every day for about four days, and then I decreased it gradually. Now I use it about once a week (at night) and use either the Certain Dri am roll-on or stick version in the morning. It itched like crazy the first few nights I used it, but I kept using it. It still itches now even after using it for over a year, but not as bad. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am with this product. For me, the itching (which does fade) is a small price to pay for how well this product works. I can wear anything without worrying. It is very inexpensive as well, which is a bonus.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 11:42:00 PM More reviews by laynesaidwattt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

AMAZING! Made my pit stains ancient history after just a few uses (but only after combined with the AM formula). These two products together are just wonderful and definitely worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by lauraaz

This review is for the Certain Dri Solid Version- I found it at walgreens and couldn't be happier. Its a good price, $6. Also, with this solid version theres no dripping during application. I already am sweating less, and in 105* weather that says a lot. The stick is white, and dried clear almost instantly- I didn't have problems with this staining my clothes. I did not have of the stinging that others have described, I don't know if its because its the solid version or just the amount I used.
I wish I had found this earlier! I used to use Degree Ultra Clear, because it had worked great, but over the last yr it seems like to it stopped working as well so I needed something better. I'm so happy I found this!
update- it was 112 today and its still working :)