July 23, 2014 | 1640 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2007 12:31:00 AM More reviews by MeredithPB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is not for a super oily skin, nor is it for a super dry skin. It does not have any ingredients to hydrate, or to absorb oil. I like this foundation, but using it on a daily basis caused my pores to clog. It is incredibly easy to use, I definitely agree with other posters on that - and it is, by far, my favorite Bobbi Brown foundation. Just be sure to set with powder, and be aware if you are concerned about break outs!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2007 2:43:00 AM More reviews by elisaang

I have an obsession about foundations, I have owned and tried them all. 2way, liquid, mineral and for the past few years I have only been buying brands like Laura Mercier, Lancome, Shu Uemura etc. I bought this stick at the airport out of impulse, I actually just purchased a luminous moisturizing liquid foundation from BB, and Chanel Mat Lumiere (realized its too pinky for my chinese skin). I was away for a week, so I thought a stick will be convenient and the MA recommended me to buy the shade 'Sand'. The result is amazing ! I never ever thought that a stick foundation will turn out to be even more natural looking than all the other types of foundations i have tried. Thanks to the great colour match, I can't even tell where I have put it on. Even my husband thought that I did not put on makeup. Its really quick to put on, and convenient for touch ups outside as you can just use your fingers to blend. At home I use my foundation brush as I need to find a use for the brush which was cheap.

This is definitely my HG, and I'm even thinking of getting 2 more colours one lighter one darker for contouring.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 3:32:00 AM More reviews by kissed_a_lil_mischief

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't wear this as a foundation, my foundation is BB moisturising balm. Instead I use it as cover up and it works well for that. Although I say I'd buy it again, it's a bit on the hefty side for just cover up aaaand I rarely need to use cover up since I'm blessed and have my mama's clear skin. Good on the whole though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 6:15:00 PM More reviews by darlingbabygirl

This is definitely not for oily skin. It feels super oily already on my normal skin. I think it's way too heavy but I find it pretty well as a concealer. However, there are better concealers out there so I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2007 10:50:00 AM More reviews by avapearl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While I did find the perfect shade of Bobbi Brown's foundation stick to match my skin tone, I did not have good results with the lasting power. PROS-It is easy to blend and quick to apply. CONS-It has TERRIBLE lasting power and turns very greasy on the skin. You must set it with powder and even then it rubs off easily. In warm temperatures, I found it melts right off your face in just a couple of hours. It really does not work for me since I have oily skin and it is an oily product but, I can see how it would work for some people who have dry skin. I wish it was less oily and had better lasting power because it is very quick and easy to apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2007 12:43:00 AM More reviews by pordanil

While Bobbi Brown's foundation stick has a good range of shades, is incredibly easy to blend, and has relatively good coverage, it has terrible lasting powder. I usually have to set it with loads of powder, and even then it rubs off onto my cellphone and will sometimes look cakey. During the winter, I feel comfortable using this foundation stick as undereye concealer, but during the summer, it melts into nothingness. While I don't plan to repurchase this, I can see how it would work for some people.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by LolaPistola

I bought this at the end of summer after returning MAC Mineralize Satinfinish (decent coverage but didn't feel right, just sat on my skin), and it blended in very easily and did a really good job of covering my cheeks and chin, which are naturally pinkish because I have very fair skin.
These past few weeks I haven't been able to blend it in very well at all, even using a brush (which I didn't have to do during the summer!) and it's not seeming to cover as well. At first I thought I just might need to exfoliate more, which I do bi/weekly anyway, but now I'm just chalking it up to the cold weather.
I might try it again in the summer, but I wish it had SPF and cost less, and you have to be gentle with the stick of the foundation breaking off of its base inside the tube. So right now I'm searching for a more liquid-y foundation that covers redness. For reference I am "Alabaster" in BB, NW20 in MAC.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2007 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Bagbabe53

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First the good news--- portability in my purse, ease of use and blendability gave me high hopes for this product. I am always in a hurry! Looked great, but proved to be too creamy, and rubbed off easily on my cell phone, etc. It just did not last. I expect to pay more for BB, but not when it does not last on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 7:53:00 AM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Easy to apply, not drying on my skin. however, in summer days I make it sure to set it with loose powder because it kind of make my skin oily (even if I have dry skin!). I have got the color Natural which is a bit light for my coloring. I must get the warm natural the next time... on a well moisturized skin this applies easily. the color seem to melt and blend easily on my skin tone, thus, even the shade natural is a bit light for my natural skin color it is still usable. I would buy the warm natural :).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2007 3:37:00 PM More reviews by adoorbel_gel

This product is DEFINITELY not for oily skin as it will make oily skinners look greasy. However, it's a FABULOUS undereye concealer and gives nice, full coverage using just a small amount of product. I admit, I DID use it on my cystic acne (which prolly exacerbated my condition) but it was the only thing I had that would cover it up. I really love the coverage of the foundation stick. But, like I had said, it's prolly BEST used as an undereye concealer.