April 17, 2014 | 1916 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was nervous at first to try this foundation. I have oily skin, and this product is not oil free. Since this is such a popular foundation in the world of makeup, I decided to try it. I am so glad I did! This is the best foundation I have ever used in my life. I am in love. Despite my oily skin, this foundation did not break me out, and did not add any excess oil to my skin. It goes on like silk, gives a smooth natural matte finish, gives medium to full coverage, and makes my skin look picture perfect flawless. I use this with the BB Sheer Finish Pressed Powder. This is also the longest wearing foundation I have ever used as well. I wore this for the first time an outside event, in the summer heat of central PA, and my foundation looked just as good at the end of the day as it did from the moment I put it on! I did not do any touch ups throughout the day, not even oil blotting sheets! It controlled my oil, and didnt budge all day. I am very impressed with this foundation and highly recommend it to anyone who wants flawless coverage that lasts all day.

*** Update 2/18/09 THIS IS STILL MY HG FOUNDATION!!! I LOVE IT!

*** TIPS FOR APPLYING THIS FOUNDATION ***

1. Do not use a foundation brush. This foundations consistancy is too thick for the brush to spread.

2. For a sheerer coverage blend with a sponge.

3. For a fuller coverage blend with fingertips, this gives a full coverage and allows it to be more buildable.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2007 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Shoejunkiena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product works great for normal skin or combination skin. If you have super oily skin, you might want to use the oil free compact foundation for more coverage. The foundation stick works okay for concealer, but there are better options. It's nice because it's skin tone correct, so you can put it where u need more coverage. I usually wear my tinted moisturizer every where and put the foundation stick on my nose and cheeks, where I need more coverage. (Use it on top of Bobbi's protective face lotion for smoother results)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2007 9:06:00 AM More reviews by beccasmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The key to the success of this product, for me, was finding the right shade, which is Warm Sand. I believe this is the reason it hadn't work for me in the past, when I owned it in the next 2 lighter shades, which made me look chalky and pasty. This stick is currently the only foundation I own, and it's the only one I NEED to own, in my opinion, because it can be applied lightly almost like a concealer on days that's all I need, or with more of a heavy hand when I perhaps need more coverage. One way of applying it that's working for me is that I spread it over my 3 middle finger tips and lightly pat it over my skin and by doing it this way, the "yellow-based-ness" of the product tones down any redness/rudiness my skin has, then lightly dust a powder over it with a big fluffy powder brush, and I have the perfect understated look I think Bobbi Brown wants us to have. I have slightly dry skin, and most of the time, I do not wear a powder over this, but I do lightly pat the surface of it with a facial tissue sometimes. The container it comes in is like a very thick oversized mascara tube, with a lipstick-like turning mechanism, if this makes sense.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2007 5:38:00 PM More reviews by amesrh

At the top I purchased this, I only needed spot treatment and it was great! ...for a couple of years. Then I realized my skin getting drier and it left dry patches on my skin. The color was perfectly matched and I don't regret buying it in high school.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2007 9:27:00 PM More reviews by elyse34

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's heavy and it sits on the surface of the skin so it is visible. Also, the color that is fair enough for my skin turned out to be way too yellow. It also makes my face feel so oily and comes off if I touch my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2007 7:43:00 PM More reviews by pandabee

At first, I thought that this product was pretty awful. I picked this up without really trying it on because I figured that all foundation sticks are about the same. The first few time I've tried this, I hated it.
I would not recommend applying this on your face alone as it tends to look gunky and smear off in the middle of the day. Also, the texture leaves something to be desired; it makes my face look dull and heavily made up. It's thick, but not creamy. Eventually, I found that this product works well if I mix it into my moisturizer (pick up product from stick with brush and mix into some moisturizer). You also have to set it with powder.
Also, since it is thick and highly pigmented, itís actually great for spot coverage and under eyes. Itís hard to say whether this product is worth the money though. I won't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by peday

This might work on other skin types. On mine the coverage was great ---- but my pores clogged up in a few days.

I would recommed testing it at the department store before you buy it --- or buy it at Nordies or some other location where you can easily return itl.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2007 9:44:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I actually bought three mini foundation sticks as I was unsure about what color to buy in the full-size foundation (the colors I bought were Beige, Warm Beige and Natural).

My skin is dry/combination and cool/neutral toned. The first thing I noticed upon application is the overwhelming yellowness of these sticks. I have pink/beige undertones and these just looked so fake on my skin. The nearest match for me was Beige but even that was too yellow. The texture is extremely thick and hard to blend. I also thought that it felt too greasy on my skin.

The lasting power wasn't too good, in fact it had disappeared totally off my skin by the middle of the day. I can't wear this in humid weather as it just becomes a greasy, slippery mess. All in all, it is not worth the bother to me to try to make this work. The color selection does not take into account that some people have a pink undertone, the texture is greasy and it doesn't last. The packaging is simple and elegant though, but that is the only positive I can come up with.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2007 3:06:00 AM More reviews by puffydoll

This is one of the best foundation I've ever used. It can be used for a sheer coverage when applied and blended with fingers, or it can give a full, yet still natural, coverage when applied with a foundation brush. It is very creamy which makes it super easy to blend. It does not accentuate any dry patches I sometimes have, and it does not turn my combo skin into an oil slick. Powder is recommended to keep it in place for a whole day though. The best thing about it is the great colour (I use Warm Sand). It has just the right amount of yellow to give my MAC NC25 skin a healthy look that's not jaundiced, orange or ruddy. One of my HG foundation along with Laura Mercier's Silk Cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by word2bird

I'm surprised this product has such negative reviews. This was actually my mom's and I ended up taking it from her since she never used it.
I mainly use it as an under eye concealer and has grown to be an HG product for me. The color is such a great match and I agree with a slight oilyness to the product, but for under eye concealing, it works like a charm. Try it for that...

I didn't realize that these cost $38 since I took mine from my Mom's. I've had it for about 3 years now so it is surely worth it. I may just bring mine to the dept. store to see if I can find a cheaper match. Otherwise, the color is pretty dead on and application is a breze so I should probably just stick with this. continued >>