August 28, 2014 | 1712 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by metalpix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked how easy this was to use but found that it left my skin feeling very oily. I have oily skin and the lady at the Bobbi Brown counter actually recommended the foundation stick--I shouldn't have listened to her. It also felt heavy on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying this foundation at the mall and at home, I cant wear it. It looks to cakey and dry on my face. At least I can wear her concealer and correctors. Its not a bad foundation but I just cant wear it.

EDIT:10/22/2008

Okay, so after my initial "trail" at the mall, I was appalled by the way this foundation stick looked on my skin. It accentuated any dry patches on my cheeks and in general I just didnt like the way it looked. But I've recently (within the last 4 months) changed my entire skincare routine to everything Bobbi Brown and that alone has helped with my adjustment to this foundation. Now when I apply it looks smooth and flawless and like my skin but better. I LOVE this stick. My one and only complaint now, is that you get so little product for the price. I mean for $40 I expect more for my hard earned money.

Color Ref:
Late Fall/Winter/Spring- Sand 2 & Warm Sand 2.5
Late Spring through Summer- Beige 3

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by anti_starlet

Maybe it's just me but I haven't been able to work this product, which is such a shame since I have Moisture Rich which I love. I wanted to love this so much, especially as I was starting to realise my Shiseido stick foundation (which is fricking amazing btw) was actually a little too light for me. I have a perfect colour match w/ Moisture Rich - Honey but I let the SA talk me in to buying Golden, as my forehead was still tanned from the summer, hence slightly darker than the rest of my skin. Ironically, this is not an easy product to use, I find it to be like a crayon texture, it is difficult to blend and apply evenly, even when I apply it with a light hand which is crazy to me as I have normal supple skin. I often find denser streaks of colour on my face. The dark shade also makes it impossible to use if I only want to cover up areas of redness as obviously I have to cover my whole face and given the problems above, this is incredibly time consuming, defeating the point of why I bought it (to use quickly before uni or work). I have tried blending using my fingers, foundation brush, sponge, nothing seems to work it appears to just be too thick to blend. Also this product, like all Bobbi Brown products really hurts my bank balance (£25!!) Maybe this would work better under a primer, I don't know. I wouldn't mind trying this in Honey and seeing how that turns out. If that, combined with a primer gives better result this has the potential to become HG material but I'll stick w/ my Studio Fix for now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 8:02:00 PM More reviews by astrid101359

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There is something about all the Bobbi Brown foundations that does not work with my skin. The Foundation Stick is no exception. It created a look of uneven skintone on me and I am blessed with great skin! Also, her shades are too dark and the Alabaster is too grey. I love her line but these items are not worth my money at least. In fairness, the packaging is great, strong, sturdy, a lot of product ... that I can say. For $38 I will not repurchase. I am going to stick with my HG Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. For reference, I am NC/NW-15, ppp/pink undertones/green, gold, yellow eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2007 12:31:00 AM More reviews by MeredithPB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is not for a super oily skin, nor is it for a super dry skin. It does not have any ingredients to hydrate, or to absorb oil. I like this foundation, but using it on a daily basis caused my pores to clog. It is incredibly easy to use, I definitely agree with other posters on that - and it is, by far, my favorite Bobbi Brown foundation. Just be sure to set with powder, and be aware if you are concerned about break outs!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2007 2:43:00 AM More reviews by elisaang

I have an obsession about foundations, I have owned and tried them all. 2way, liquid, mineral and for the past few years I have only been buying brands like Laura Mercier, Lancome, Shu Uemura etc. I bought this stick at the airport out of impulse, I actually just purchased a luminous moisturizing liquid foundation from BB, and Chanel Mat Lumiere (realized its too pinky for my chinese skin). I was away for a week, so I thought a stick will be convenient and the MA recommended me to buy the shade 'Sand'. The result is amazing ! I never ever thought that a stick foundation will turn out to be even more natural looking than all the other types of foundations i have tried. Thanks to the great colour match, I can't even tell where I have put it on. Even my husband thought that I did not put on makeup. Its really quick to put on, and convenient for touch ups outside as you can just use your fingers to blend. At home I use my foundation brush as I need to find a use for the brush which was cheap.

This is definitely my HG, and I'm even thinking of getting 2 more colours one lighter one darker for contouring.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 3:32:00 AM More reviews by kissed_a_lil_mischief

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't wear this as a foundation, my foundation is BB moisturising balm. Instead I use it as cover up and it works well for that. Although I say I'd buy it again, it's a bit on the hefty side for just cover up aaaand I rarely need to use cover up since I'm blessed and have my mama's clear skin. Good on the whole though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 6:15:00 PM More reviews by darlingbabygirl

This is definitely not for oily skin. It feels super oily already on my normal skin. I think it's way too heavy but I find it pretty well as a concealer. However, there are better concealers out there so I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2007 10:50:00 AM More reviews by avapearl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While I did find the perfect shade of Bobbi Brown's foundation stick to match my skin tone, I did not have good results with the lasting power. PROS-It is easy to blend and quick to apply. CONS-It has TERRIBLE lasting power and turns very greasy on the skin. You must set it with powder and even then it rubs off easily. In warm temperatures, I found it melts right off your face in just a couple of hours. It really does not work for me since I have oily skin and it is an oily product but, I can see how it would work for some people who have dry skin. I wish it was less oily and had better lasting power because it is very quick and easy to apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2007 12:43:00 AM More reviews by pordanil

While Bobbi Brown's foundation stick has a good range of shades, is incredibly easy to blend, and has relatively good coverage, it has terrible lasting powder. I usually have to set it with loads of powder, and even then it rubs off onto my cellphone and will sometimes look cakey. During the winter, I feel comfortable using this foundation stick as undereye concealer, but during the summer, it melts into nothingness. While I don't plan to repurchase this, I can see how it would work for some people.