September 18, 2014 | 2115 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by sue52175

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought I would love the foundation stick in beige for touch ups. It seems too shear and the color is a little too light for my skin. I'll keep this in my makeup bag but it's not the best product I've tried from BB.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by AbbyDodson

I'm probably on like my 8th stick of this stuff. It's amazing! It covers anything and is so portable and easy to apply. I have fairly clean and even skin but the skin around my nose tends to be uneven and red, but you can tell when i put a tad of this stick over the area. It also covers the huge zits I get occasionally. Great product. Will continue to purchase over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by mcarpio

So I had my 30th B/day party 2 wks ago in Colombia, South America, where daily it was between 92-96 degrees and a cool 85 degrees at night, with a light wind. Anyways, I took my BB tinted moisturizer, BB foundation stick and my BB blemish cover stick (for those pesky chin pimples) and let me tell you the staying power of all these products was great. I'm not one for touching my face and I did blot my oily t-zone when I remembered and the make up was still on my face. I am very happy w/my purchase of these products and so far so good. No bad reactions to them (no pimples) and no compaints about the color, again, I do have a yellow based (instead of pink tone) complexion so brand works great on me. And my mother is now a new fan (of this product line), someone who does not believe in buying anything expensive let alone make up products, she loved the Smooth Skin BB foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by metalpix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked how easy this was to use but found that it left my skin feeling very oily. I have oily skin and the lady at the Bobbi Brown counter actually recommended the foundation stick--I shouldn't have listened to her. It also felt heavy on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying this foundation at the mall and at home, I cant wear it. It looks to cakey and dry on my face. At least I can wear her concealer and correctors. Its not a bad foundation but I just cant wear it.

EDIT:10/22/2008

Okay, so after my initial "trail" at the mall, I was appalled by the way this foundation stick looked on my skin. It accentuated any dry patches on my cheeks and in general I just didnt like the way it looked. But I've recently (within the last 4 months) changed my entire skincare routine to everything Bobbi Brown and that alone has helped with my adjustment to this foundation. Now when I apply it looks smooth and flawless and like my skin but better. I LOVE this stick. My one and only complaint now, is that you get so little product for the price. I mean for $40 I expect more for my hard earned money.

Color Ref:
Late Fall/Winter/Spring- Sand 2 & Warm Sand 2.5
Late Spring through Summer- Beige 3

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by anti_starlet

Maybe it's just me but I haven't been able to work this product, which is such a shame since I have Moisture Rich which I love. I wanted to love this so much, especially as I was starting to realise my Shiseido stick foundation (which is fricking amazing btw) was actually a little too light for me. I have a perfect colour match w/ Moisture Rich - Honey but I let the SA talk me in to buying Golden, as my forehead was still tanned from the summer, hence slightly darker than the rest of my skin. Ironically, this is not an easy product to use, I find it to be like a crayon texture, it is difficult to blend and apply evenly, even when I apply it with a light hand which is crazy to me as I have normal supple skin. I often find denser streaks of colour on my face. The dark shade also makes it impossible to use if I only want to cover up areas of redness as obviously I have to cover my whole face and given the problems above, this is incredibly time consuming, defeating the point of why I bought it (to use quickly before uni or work). I have tried blending using my fingers, foundation brush, sponge, nothing seems to work it appears to just be too thick to blend. Also this product, like all Bobbi Brown products really hurts my bank balance (£25!!) Maybe this would work better under a primer, I don't know. I wouldn't mind trying this in Honey and seeing how that turns out. If that, combined with a primer gives better result this has the potential to become HG material but I'll stick w/ my Studio Fix for now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 8:02:00 PM More reviews by astrid101359

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There is something about all the Bobbi Brown foundations that does not work with my skin. The Foundation Stick is no exception. It created a look of uneven skintone on me and I am blessed with great skin! Also, her shades are too dark and the Alabaster is too grey. I love her line but these items are not worth my money at least. In fairness, the packaging is great, strong, sturdy, a lot of product ... that I can say. For $38 I will not repurchase. I am going to stick with my HG Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. For reference, I am NC/NW-15, ppp/pink undertones/green, gold, yellow eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2007 12:31:00 AM More reviews by MeredithPB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is not for a super oily skin, nor is it for a super dry skin. It does not have any ingredients to hydrate, or to absorb oil. I like this foundation, but using it on a daily basis caused my pores to clog. It is incredibly easy to use, I definitely agree with other posters on that - and it is, by far, my favorite Bobbi Brown foundation. Just be sure to set with powder, and be aware if you are concerned about break outs!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2007 2:43:00 AM More reviews by elisaang

I have an obsession about foundations, I have owned and tried them all. 2way, liquid, mineral and for the past few years I have only been buying brands like Laura Mercier, Lancome, Shu Uemura etc. I bought this stick at the airport out of impulse, I actually just purchased a luminous moisturizing liquid foundation from BB, and Chanel Mat Lumiere (realized its too pinky for my chinese skin). I was away for a week, so I thought a stick will be convenient and the MA recommended me to buy the shade 'Sand'. The result is amazing ! I never ever thought that a stick foundation will turn out to be even more natural looking than all the other types of foundations i have tried. Thanks to the great colour match, I can't even tell where I have put it on. Even my husband thought that I did not put on makeup. Its really quick to put on, and convenient for touch ups outside as you can just use your fingers to blend. At home I use my foundation brush as I need to find a use for the brush which was cheap.

This is definitely my HG, and I'm even thinking of getting 2 more colours one lighter one darker for contouring.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 3:32:00 AM More reviews by kissed_a_lil_mischief

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't wear this as a foundation, my foundation is BB moisturising balm. Instead I use it as cover up and it works well for that. Although I say I'd buy it again, it's a bit on the hefty side for just cover up aaaand I rarely need to use cover up since I'm blessed and have my mama's clear skin. Good on the whole though.