April 21, 2014 | 1818 users online

Powder - Alima - Satin Matte Mineral Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2007 10:06:00 AM More reviews by myamax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a quality mineral make-up with a very large selection to suit many skintones. It doesn't turn orange on my skin later in the day which is another plus! However, while I would purchase it again, I must say I may have found another mineral make-up I like better as it gives a creamy glow to my skin - U Glo Girl. I alternate between these two brands at the moment. If you are into mineral make-up give Alima a try as their customer service is fantastic, qualithy is really good, and their selection is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by yummi4tunekookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved the fact that there were so many shades to choose from--made getting a foundation that matched me so easy! Especially since I ordered many samples and mixed them myself. The cover is nice and natural and makes my skin so even and pretty! Nowhere near as shiny as BE!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2007 8:32:00 AM More reviews by colline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Only a little coverage and make my pores look bigger. Too much shades which make me confused.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 3:53:00 AM More reviews by yeet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

At long last, i have found my HG! It cannot be more difficult for me to find a foundation match - im asian, tanned with peachy and golden undertones. I have uneven skin tone and because i do outdoor sports, my skin tone also changes from time to time. On top of that, i want a natural-looking foundation that makes me look like i have great skin, not like im wearing a mask.

I found a solution to all of the above in Alima. Bought samples of different colours, then played around with them until the perfect match was found in W5 + G4. The coverage was very natural and buildable. Im really surprised at how little is used each time. It's been close to 2 weeks, and i've only made a small dent in the 2 sample plastic containers.

A trick i've learnt from the Alima website is to give a few spritzes of water to the face using an atomiser after the make up is done. The finish is beautiful! Im going to try using a wet brush next.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2007 11:07:00 AM More reviews by barbiH

Just two days test-driving Alima's Satin Matte and I have a full-fledged SD reaction. I'm sure it's due to the serecite mica.
I didn't downgrade my overall rating however since this sensitivity to certain micas is not that common. But I felt I should add a review in case any other SD-prone was considering trying this MMU.
I will say that everyone's correct in praising the customer service. The samples are well-done and generous. I really wanted this to work for me so it is a bit disappointing...but I'm used to that since my skin is so reactive. Just a mention about shades in case it might be helpful. I'm a MAC C3 and Alima's W3 Coriander was a great match.
INGREDIENTS: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947) Mica (CI 77019). May contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2007 6:36:00 AM More reviews by mav999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this with their foundation brush, which is also outstanding. I just love this mineral foundation, its the best one I have ever tried.I am 53 so its very important NOT to look made up,nothing ages you more than wearing little too much makeup. This goes on very light and you can layer on if you need it, I like it because it doesnt even look like I am wearing ANY foundation but it covers up my tiny imperfections and evens out my skin tone.You can buy tiny samples online, they can also mix it custom for you too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2007 1:01:00 AM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm so in love with this product!!! It makes my skin look almost flawless. :)

Right now, I'm wearing W5, but may switch to a mix of W5 with a little W4, during the winter. It's a perfect match to my MMM/lightCCC comlexion.

I love the fact that it is truely matte, unlike a few of the other MMU foundations that I've sampled. Most of them contain shimmer/glitter particles that end up making my oily skin even more obvious, once the oil production kicks in. Not Alima! :)

It covers nicely, evens out my skintone and also tones down much of the minor surface redness (rosacea) on my upper cheeks, with only one or 2 light layers.

I've applied this foundation with my BE Handy Bukii, my BE Heavenly Face Brush and even Paula's Choice Retractable Powder Brush. I basically apply it like you would any loose or pressed powder - in a downward motion several times, which blends it nicely. I've found no need to "buff" it in, like shown in the infomercials for BE.

My only issue with this product: I wish it came with a sifter that could be closed, for travel or purse. (Paula's Choice Loose Powder has a closable sifter with some sort of slider mechanism.)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 6:05:00 AM More reviews by SB80

Awesome foundation... the only one that has not caused any acne and gives me a nice glow. Try it with the flocking sponge.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2007 6:30:00 PM More reviews by VikiLyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is, without a doubt, my HG. I love this foundation, love the company, the customer service, everything. In my quest for the perfect mineral makeup, I have tried MANY (BE, Philosophy, Lumiere, Monave, Meow, and several others). I really, really loved EM until I tried Alima. And don't get me wrong, I still love EM and will continue to buy lots of their products! However, Alima lasts all day on my skin (normal/dry), doesn't make me too dry or too oily, is a great color match (Satin N2). Its also not too shiney (like BE!) or too Matte.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2007 7:40:00 AM More reviews by poeticsinger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge experimenter of foundation. I've tried them all. BE (didn't care for it), Armomaleigh (GREAT STUFF), Jane Iredale (nice but expensive), Loreal (pretty much what I expected..not impressed), Everyday Minerals (didn't last very long but started out great)...and the most recent finds were Lumiere and Alima. They were both EXCELLENT mineral foundations. I have no complaints about either. I could use either of these and be VERY happy. In the end, Lumiere won. I think it's a little smoother and has a flawless finish all day. But you could definitely do worse than Alima. GREAT product.