November 28, 2014 | 1762 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Mimichat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really great cheaper alternative for a good pressed powder. In fact, it is just an amazing product by itself. Great staying power, gives just the right amount of "matte" to control the oil on my T-zone area and great for touch-ups. The only bad thing about it is the packaging because it is really cheap and fragile. But I love the product and will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2013 4:35:00 AM More reviews by j3ssica23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Alright powder. I heard about it on YouTube a lot so decided to pick it up, but prefer CoverGirl Advanced Radiance powder MUCH more than the Rimmel Stay Matte. It's just satisfactory. Doesn't make much of a difference on foundation, just kinda makes it muddy looking almost compared to a set and polished look from the CoverGirl. I use it every once in a while just because its NOT awful, just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by toeyunho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a very oily skin and it is really disappointing when I have to wear make up on my face and later on my face becomes very oily. There are many reviews on this products about how good it is for matte your face and oil control. It does work for me. if someday i don't wear this product on my face, my face will be really REALLY oily.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I really didn't like this pressed powder. I don't use a foundation, other than dabs of concealer here 'n there, and then I always set it with a pressed powder. Background on me, I have skin that's oily in the AM until I wash it, good looking most of the day, then oily again mid-afternoon. I don't have the time to cleanse & re-apply make-up, so what goes on in the morning is what I got all day, period. My skin is also acne prone, so I have to watch what I use. I decided to try this pressed powder in hopes of it keeping my skin matte longer than what I had been using at the time. The packaging is incredibly poor; the pan is super shallow with nothing protecting it and the lid is a flimsy joke. The product itself was kind of gross - it was really "grainy"! I hate powders that aren't silky smooth, and this felt like I had milled it with two rocks and my own hands. It definitely left my skin matte, way too matte. Probably because of the poor quality milling, it laid on my skin like a gritty, heavy mask. I tried it a few times with a few different brushes and then tossed it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by theeviemeister

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The really annoying thing about all of the rimmel pressed powders I have ever bought.. it broke apart after about two weeks! the powder cracked and went everywhere because of the dodgy packaging! the product itself doesnt last for very long, but it does give a good matte effect if applied properly, a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by habana

I like this setting powder. As long as I don't apply too much, it gives me a great matte finish without being cakey. I'd been staying away from setting powders for a while because they all made my face look dry and powdery. During the summer, I noticed I needed something to help my foundation stay and my face not look so shiny. I kept reading people saying they love this powder and it was fairly cheap so I gave it a try and am so glad I did.

Like many others, I really dislike the packaging. The lid doesn't stay on, it doesn't come with anything to apply it with and there's no mirror. Seriously, pressed powder is something alot of women carry on them to touch up their faces throughout the day. Can't do that with this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Mysticrhythm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate to be one of the negative reviews here, since this power seems pretty well-loved by others here. I really hoped this would work for me, as I'd love to pay as little money as possible for the best possible product, you know? I have a very oily t zone and dry checks, with pretty normal skin elsewhere. I use Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation and tried this as a setting powder over it, and immediately it made my face feel itchy and like it was being stretched, it was an odd feeling. I don't know if maybe my chemistry just doesn't like it, I didn't break out or get a rash or anything like that, it just felt so weird on and the itchiness was annoying. It made me feel like I was wearing a mask. It looked pretty good on, but it didn't control my oily t zone for more than a few hours and got a tiny bit cakey there. It didn't oxidize though, which is nice. Also, not impressed with the packaging, I feel it needs a more secure lid.

I took it back the next day and tried Estée Lauder's matte pressed powder, which so far I love. This may work for a lot of people, it just didn't agree with my skin. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Gretalin

I do really like this powder! I think it is a drugstore dupe for MAC MSFN! It comes in a packaging that I do not appreciated. But the quality of the product is really really good! Smooth, light and flawless on your skin. But sometimes it would feel powdery on my skin, depends on my face condition. But I still think it is a great powder and I will definitely purchase this again

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by hmllr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Its very light and super cheap! This is good for 'lazy days'! But wish the packaging would not be so fragile though.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by anbaking123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is okay and I'll use it until it finishes, but it does not keep my skin matte that long. After about 3 or so hours, I can see oil starting to break through around my t zone. It does work well until that though, so it does get some points for that. It was not too expensive either. The packaging is ok, but the lid could come off easily sometimes. Overall, its a good powder for someone who is not that oily.