Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

I love this pressed powder. It makes my makeup last all day and keeps oil to a minimum. The only problem I have with this product is the packaging. I purchased it for the first time and within days, the plastic packaging had cracked. I then went to it a few days later to discover that the product had smashed. At only £4.99 a shot, I decided I may as well buy another. The exact same has happened. My plastic packaging cracked but the product hasn't smashed yet. I really would recommend this product but I wish they'd just packaging, even if it means putting the price up a little.

on 1/6/2014 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
-Great for oily skin
-Cheap ($5-$8 canadian)
-like the packaging, easy
-good coverage
-has not made me break out
-doesn't change color throughout day

Cons:
-Looks cakey if you keep re applying throughout day
-the makeup like separates weird on my face sometimes, I don't know how to explain it

I bought this in 005 which is perfect for me. . Re purchased and on mistake bought 002 .. I was thinking I was much paler than I really am.. I Like this so much I went back and bought 005. I use the 002 on my "highlight areas" and underneath eyeshadow sometimes just to use it up

i used to love this when i first got it, but have now realised that the powder isn't finely milled enough for my liking. i'm quite pale and use siberia in nars sheer glow and found that when i added the transparent stay matte powder, it made me look orange and cakey. also the packaging could be improved as the flimsy lid broke soon after i purchased it. it did keep me matte, but there's better alternatives that don't leave me looking like an oompa loompa.

on 1/5/2014 9:13:00 AM

I have tyres many many powders and this is the one I always keep coming back to, it is an affordable price and lasts along time. It comes in many different colours and even translucent which is great because you can add as much of this powder as you want and won't end up looking caked in makeup. If you have normal skin like me it will help you to stay matte all day. However the packaging of this product isn't great as it breaks very easily inside a makeup bag. However for me this is the only disappointment. So I would definitely recommend if you are looking for a good quality affordable powder .

on 1/4/2014 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i purchased this in "translucent", and it really is translucent, no white cast! would i repurchase this powder? umm, probably. it's a decent powder, nothing special. i think all oily skinned girls should try this though. it's nothing amazing, yes it keeps me matte for a couple hours and never cakes up no matter how much i touch up. the only con is the terrible packaging. it's so cheap, and the letters on the lid fade away throughout all the use. i use too faced powder pouf powder brush to apply.

on 1/2/2014 10:36:00 AM

I use rimmel's stay matte powder everyday and it stays flawless and matte pretty much all day. I use the stay matte foundation by rimmel also and then use my mac brush to add a dusting of stay matte powder. It's great and I'll probably continue to use it :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've tried many other setting powders, including the Chanel pressed powder, and always find myself going back to this product. It is very long lasting, rarely looks cakey, and keeps my face matte all day. It is a mere 4 dollars. Pick it up! I hope that this project never gets discontinued! This is the best pressed powder in the drugstore.

on 12/23/2013 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very nice $3 pressed powder that performs like those that are much more expensive. I used a big fluffy brush with it to set my foundation. Really blotted the shine and the grains were not visible even with a10x mirror. Will definitely buy again.

on 12/23/2013 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
-Long lasting
-Affordable

Cons:
-Looked cakey and unnatural
-Contains talc, and coconut derivatives which can clog pore and cause break outs
-The lid slips of of this easily and can make a mess (but maybe I'm just being whiny)

Overall:
I bought this at ULTA after hearing good reviews on it, plus it was around $5 which was great. I purchased this powder in translucent. I began using this in the summer, when my face is the most shiny, and it lasted for hours before I felt that I needed to reapply it. The lasting power of this was great. But I just didn't like the way it looked on my skin. I have to moisturize my skin before putting my foundation on, so I figure the added moisture on my skin was making this powder look cakey. I also use foundations that are moisturizing so that probably also added to the look of this powder on me. This product also caused clogged pores on my forehead. I won't be repurchasing this, it just was not for me.

on 12/20/2013 9:10:00 PM

This product is my holy grail. No matter what powder i try i always come back to this one. Its not going to give you coverage. its more of a translucent powder if you ask me. There's no dark shades which is fine for me since i don't need the extra coverage. it keeps you shine free all day and is soo affordable

Video Reviews & Tutorials