Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 1/11/2014 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have mine in sandstorm for NC 30-35. The packaging is okay but could be better. It keeps my face matte for 6 hours over my Garnier BB cream. It's a good and cheap product to have.

on 1/10/2014 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly, I didn't like this powder in the slightest except for that it wasn't messy and the price. This product covered me up for about 2 hours and it was very cakey. i applied with a real techniques brush and it looked horrible.

on 1/10/2014 1:23:00 PM

MAC Blot is expensive. I was looking for a comparable drugstore alternative and this turned out to be it. Albeit slightly chalkier and faulty in packaging, the product does what it's supposed to: keeps me matte. At 3.99 a pop, I'll repurchase this over MAC Blot any day.

I love this powder for setting my foundation, and you can't beat the price. Keeps me matte all day, and I usually font have to touch up during the work day. The packaging is awful though, this is not something you want to throw in your purse, or travel with it, super flimsy and the cover almost always breaks. Doesn't stop me from buying it though, I've gone through at least 4 of these.

on 1/8/2014 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I finally found a powder that works very well for me! I bought this in translucent because I'm tan and it is amazing! The other powders I used would make my face look uneven, orange and gross by the end of the day but not Rimmel's Stay Matte! I love it. I actually do stay matte all day and my face still looks good when I come inside after being in the blistering cold. I have no complaints. It's my new HG powder for sure.

on 1/7/2014 9:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Very smooth, soft, velvety, and mattifying setting powder. makes your skinvisibly smoother and softer and mattifys perfectly. last time is about 8 hours. The only reason I took off a lippie is because it has noticeable shimmer which scares me but has not shown up on my skin yet. Excellent powder for $4.

UPDATE: There is lots of glitter in the powder that makes you look like a disco ball in the sun YIKES

on 1/7/2014 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It I super nice and leaves you skin feeling soft and it has a good coverage! Highly recommend as it lasts a long time!

I love this pressed powder. It makes my makeup last all day and keeps oil to a minimum. The only problem I have with this product is the packaging. I purchased it for the first time and within days, the plastic packaging had cracked. I then went to it a few days later to discover that the product had smashed. At only £4.99 a shot, I decided I may as well buy another. The exact same has happened. My plastic packaging cracked but the product hasn't smashed yet. I really would recommend this product but I wish they'd just packaging, even if it means putting the price up a little.

on 1/6/2014 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
-Great for oily skin
-Cheap ($5-$8 canadian)
-like the packaging, easy
-good coverage
-has not made me break out
-doesn't change color throughout day

Cons:
-Looks cakey if you keep re applying throughout day
-the makeup like separates weird on my face sometimes, I don't know how to explain it

I bought this in 005 which is perfect for me. . Re purchased and on mistake bought 002 .. I was thinking I was much paler than I really am.. I Like this so much I went back and bought 005. I use the 002 on my "highlight areas" and underneath eyeshadow sometimes just to use it up

i used to love this when i first got it, but have now realised that the powder isn't finely milled enough for my liking. i'm quite pale and use siberia in nars sheer glow and found that when i added the transparent stay matte powder, it made me look orange and cakey. also the packaging could be improved as the flimsy lid broke soon after i purchased it. it did keep me matte, but there's better alternatives that don't leave me looking like an oompa loompa.

Video Reviews & Tutorials